Video Games Old Facebook Flash Games (and adjacent old things)

Crow

Top-tier Avian Master
Yesterday I felt like being a boomer and decided to look at all my old hideouts - old forums, some alive, most dead from the Invisionfree conversion. Pokemon forums were quite my jam back in the old days. The siterunners used to be rebellious teenagers in an era where I was a gullible child, and now they're all having families and a regular life, visiting their old hideouts for nostalgic purposes like I am.

But this thread is about another boomer thing I tried scouring for yesterday - Facebook games. (fluff)friends, Pet Society, YoVille, FarmVille, Restaurant City, all that! Most of them have rusted away, and some, surprisingly, while losing most of their popularity in the new era, continue to thrive. If we're counting mobile games by companies who run these things like Zynga, Ayakashi Ghost Guild was a heavy obsession of mine.

Maybe some of you young'ns who never lived in that era know of these things in their current incarnations, be it YoWorld and... whatever that new FarmVille thing is.

So, ladies and gentlemen, what of your encounter with ye olde Facebook flash games? I.e. literally the only reason to fear for your Facebook account getting banned.

And also the only reason to add strangers on Facebook.

I hated those games. My mum played them, however, and would always try to invite me.

Ninja Saga used be the popular game during my elementary years, its almost like every kids use it to unleash their inner ninja. I tried it for a while hut never really get into it. If my friends went to net cafe to play Ninja Saga I spent my time playing things like Exmortis or Dueling Network.

Marvel's Avenger Alliance was one I played religiously when it was a thing. Also that one Final Fantasy game. I can't remember the name of it, but it was a thing. Dragon of Atlantis and those other empire-building games were fun.

Though, funny enough, one I did stick with was Forge of Empires. It started out as me just curious about it, but I've playing that one nonstop since 2016. It's moved past the Facebook Flash stage as it's now using HTML5, but that's easily one of the games I got invested into.

Another would be Naruto Online by Oasis Games. It's trash, but I can't deny there was a certain appeal to it, but the p2w nature of the game was just too much. So I quit that game about a year ago.

I have an add on question to this, does anyone else remember that game where you had a monkey, and just one scene to decorate? It was on Myspace, then it was on Meetme, and then it just poofed from exsistance, does anyone else remember this?

I never liked Facebook so sadly I did not participate in these games but pretty sure my mom did once upon a time. I was more into mmos with the exception of one browser game I liked called Smallworlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back