• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Oh say can you see...

"Yeah...but aren't we technically on opposing sides of the game here? Hell, you're an Avenger...I'm a mercenary. You should hate me," he said, tapping his fingers on the table.

My eyes widened. "You're…you're a mercenary?" I should've known. I mentally slapped myself for being so naive.

"Uh yeah. You hadn't figured that out? I'd explain, but I can practically hear the gears turning in your head," Wade scoffed, resting his arms on the table and leaning closer to Steve. "Why? Changed your mind about me?"

I tried to contain my anger, at him and myself. "I think I should go," I said, standing and grabbing my bag, my voice hard.

Wade hooked his foot in the strap of his bag before he could leave. "Oh come on, Stevie, it's not that bad..."

"Do not call me that," I said as I yanked my bag away from. I left without another word, not caring that I left behind my smoothie.

"Hm. Must be his time of the month..."

Wade grabbed both his coffee and Steve's forgotten drink, following him for a while, before taking a detour and ending up at Stark tower an hour later. Didn't take much for him to get in, though setting off the alarms and pissing off Jarvis was fun enough in itself. He sauntered into that he believed to be Steve's room, scribbling his number on the bottom of the smoothie cup, and leaving it on his dresser. Wade left right afterwards, avoiding a very confused Tony who had just gotten back home, and headed back into the city - smug as can be.

As I walked to Stark's Tower, I furiously degraded myself for being so blind. That was why he killed the man in the alley and most likely why he had the two swords. I walked through Stark Tower until I reached my room, sighing as I dropped my bag and went to my dresser to get clothes to wear after my shower. But I stopped at the sight of the smoothie that I'd left in the cafe.

'Where. Is. Meh show?!"

Wade threw the remote down, nearly knocking over the box of rice krispies treats that sat on top of the table, before punching a pillow. He didn't hate everything in the world. Just every show that came on after Friends.

I stepped out of the shower and dresses quickly before sitting on my bed and staring at the cup, still half full. There was no doubt that Wade had put it there.

Wade had tried, and failed, to get to sleep. He'd ended up on the floor after knocking his head on the table - which hurt his dignity more than it did physically.

I laid awake, still staring at that cup. It was practically mocking me. I stood up and was about to throw it away when digits on the bottom caught my attention.

Wade sighed, and gave up on sleeping. He shut off the TV and turned on the stereo, effectively annoying the neighbors by blasting Linkin Park songs as loud as humanely possible while going to the kitchen to grab a drink.

I carefully dialed the number, positive it was Wade's phone I was calling. As it rang, I realized I had no idea what I would say to him.

If it wasn't for his super hearing, Wade would never have heard his phone over the music. bounding back into the bedroom, he swiped his S5 off the nightstand and slid his thumb across the screen.

"If I owe you money, don't hold your breath. If you owe me money, you should - you'll die less painfully that way. If you're neither of the two - how may I be of service?" he answered out of habit.

"Really? Hi? How do you get all the ladies, Rodgers, because it certainly ain't from all your smooth conversation starters," Wade mocked, shaking his head.

"Not important," Wade brushed off the question, though was slightly amused by Steve's reaction. "I didn't actually expect you to call. Can't stay away from my irresistible charm? I don't blame you..."

"Dude. I'm Deadpool," Wade answered simply. "I've broken into freaking military bases...didn't take much to get through a dumb billionaire playboy's ugly HQ."

"Oh no he didn't...."

Wade glared maliciously at the phone in his hand. Had Steve just hung up on him? Clearly the guy didn't understand what not to do to mentally disturbed mercenaries with a penchant for sarcasm...and spilled guts.

He fumed, storming into the kitchen an flinging a burnt pancake in the pan across the room, before making another. Steve and Tony were going to have a strange visit in the morning...

Wade took the subway across New York, pulling the black hoodie over his head with one hand as he held on to one of the metal bars in the train. His hair was still a tad wet from his shower, though his eyes were bright with energy.

He stepped off and headed up the stairs into the world above ground, walking towards Stark Tower with his hands in the pockets of his cargo shorts. Of course, Jarvis was less than pleased to see him again, and had probably altered Tony to his presence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back