• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ๐™Š๐™ ๐™ˆ๐™ฎ ๐™Ž๐™ฌ๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ๐™๐™–๐™ข (๐˜ˆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜š๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ, ๐˜ˆ ๐˜”๐˜ฐ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ ๐˜Š๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜•๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜Š๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ธ)

Kei

(เน‘โœชแ†บโœชเน‘)

BF1FC64C-38E6-4587-ADF1-69B65A5F07AD.png
E42F588F-C61E-4900-9BB9-CDD4A5FD8969.png

Welcome to Sweetham!
A bustling seaside metropolis where your dreams of becoming the next superstar might just be within reach. With such vast scholarships endorsed for studying media, several Sweetham University alumni have found themselves directing the next blockbuster, writing the upcoming best-seller, and even singing the most requested song on the airwaves. Adopting the credo of the cityโ€™s founder, Sir Hamilton Toffey, thereโ€™s no other place where citizens are so passionate about lifting one another up to reach their audience no matter how small.

โ€œLegacies were not meant to be measured in blood nor fame. The weight of oneโ€™s true legacy transcends that which can be claimed as momentary triumph to amass a collection of greater principles for the future to inherit.โ€

Everyoneโ€™s got a message to the world. Why not start your journey here?

Hello! I decided to run an IC for a small group of writers who are interested in building the City of Sweetham with me. It would follow the stories of the broadcast network where people relay the news and much more. Think of it as Anchorman crossed with Ted Lasso in the setting of Stardew Valley/Moonlight In Garland. Slice of Life with a touch of humour and the occasional tale of the extraordinary. Oh My Sweetham would be the name of the news and variety show that they are all apart of.

Itโ€™s mainly geared towards those looking for casual vibes in a character driven environment. Itโ€™s a place to create whatever character your heart desires - quirks and all!

In Sweetham, you might just find out that your video editor actually plays the drums for a local rock band. Your make-up artist works on more than just your prim and proper looks. They have the ability to transform you into the most terrifying movie creature to date with their SFX (special effects) skills. You know your writerโ€ฆ Yeah, they can totally kick-ass as a retired secret agent. Shh!

If youโ€™re tired of the same old, same old. Let Sweetham be your muse and your home away from home!

Roles

A2FDD61D-D092-44C0-B3F0-44421B0002FC.png

For the moment, the roles that Iโ€™m currently searching for include: Reporters (Weather, Crime, International Correspondence, Traffic, Entertainment, etc.), Production Staff (Writers, Make-Up Artists, Set Design, Camera Operators, Video Producers, Video Editors, Gaffers/Lighting Technicians, Sound Technicians, etc.), Interns, and Security Personnel.

Ideally, I love to have these eight positions filled, but I can start with as little as 3-4 players.

โŒฒ 2 Reporters
โŒฒ 2 Production Staff
โŒฒ 2 Interns
โŒฒ 2 Security Personnel

If this gains enough traction, we can always expand it to include friends and family of the staff, vip guests (for interviews), and other civilians.

Rules
โŒฒ Aside from following RPNation ToS, this role-play is limited to those 18 and over due to the more mature life themes. The youngest character youโ€™d be allowed to play are university aged students.

โŒฒ To make it accessible to everyone, thereโ€™s no word count. However, there is a two paragraph minimum. Anything above that is certainly more than welcome. Whether your style is lazy-lit or novella, thereโ€™s a place for you here.

โŒฒ To allow the posts to flow and be easily read, writing in 3rd person past-tense is necessary. Youโ€™re also more than welcome to code/decorate or not to code/not decorate your post as you like.

โŒฒ This will be an art/drawn/anime only face-claim to fit the aesthetics. Iโ€™d love to make you a little graphic like the one above if you send me the picture of your fc.

โŒฒ There will be no weekly activity checks as Iโ€™d love to run this long-term over a leisurely pace. I really meant for it to connect not only characters, but also writers alike. Instead weโ€™ll have a monthly attendance check-in with everyone whoโ€™s inactive. All youโ€™d have to do to complete it is say, โ€œYep, Iโ€™m here.โ€ Easy, right?

โŒฒ On the chance that no response is given to the check-in or notice of absence, your character will be written away from the scene with an open chance to return if you decide to come back.

โŒฒ That said, Sweetham is a place that welcomes everyone. Iโ€™m always happy to have characters that are neurodivergent, LGBTQIA+, differently abled, and people of colour. This also extends to our players. The Golden Rule applies here. If you cannot get along with other members, you will be banned from participating on counts of a zero-tolerance rule for bullying.

Ultimately, this is going to require teamwork. Because thereโ€™s no over-arching external plot, everyone would have to engage with each other. The only things that are absolutely essential include a positive attitude towards all and an engaging character for the rp. If this gains interest, I will be making a Discord server as the main hub for OOC and all the fun things!

Thank you so much for your time! Enjoy the rest of your day!

P.S. Hereโ€™s a little preview of the city map

0EC4A829-17A9-4F2E-AB51-6D050BA4041E.png

9881FED1-263A-46C3-9D01-B31CBE49340A.png

Broadcasting Network
The Sweetham Broadcasting Network, commonly abbreviated to SWBN, is main hub for all things News, Entertainment, Sports, Politics, Business, Music, and much more. SWBN aims to enlighten and engage their audience through in-depth reporting, journalistic integrity, and diverse programming. They strive not only to strengthen the culture of Sweetham, but to inspire everyone to follow their wonder wherever that may lead them. As part of their initiative for inclusivity, they broadcast most programs in multiple languages and closed-captions in order to reach the most viewers as possible.

In addition to television broadcasting, SWBN also operates several radio stations that provide daily news and traffic updates, promote original Sweetham music artist as well as radio plays and sports coverage.

Oh My Sweetham

Oh My Sweetham is a daily morning broadcast that offers a refreshing view on the day ahead. Providing the most up-to-date news, traffic, and weather alongside interesting stories, lifestyle trends, and community events; the news crewโ€™s professional and quirky cast is sure to put a pep in your step.

Updates / Links

UPDATE: 07/03 - Lore and City Information is now fully updated and completed!

UPDATE: 07/04 - Discord Server is up!
https://discord.gg/z4DmsKBjxf/

UPDATE: 07/06 - CS Pages are up!

Last edited:
zoowee mama, this sounds like a hoot! I would be interested if you don't mind a newbie to RPN

zoowee mama, this sounds like a hoot! I would be interested if you don't mind a newbie to RPN

tumblr_mlrrwccWgM1revk8bo1_500.gif

Ahh!! Amazing!! Iโ€™m really glad to have your on board!!

Welcome to the site and if thereโ€™s any way that I can help, please do let me know. Iโ€™d be more than happy to assist! ^ ^

Last edited:
tumblr_mlrrwccWgM1revk8bo1_500.gif

Ahh!! Amazing!! Iโ€™m really glad to have your on board!!

Welcome to the site and if thereโ€™s any way that I can help, please do let me know. Iโ€™d be more than happy to assist! ^ ^
ty ty ty!

In the meantime while we wait for more interest, I'll start scheming up a character (:<

ty ty ty!

In the meantime while we wait for more interest, I'll start scheming up a character (:<

Ofc! No worries!

Iโ€™ll set-up a Discord server tonight so we can chat more openly on there. Just gotta figure out bots and stuff so I might not finish setting up until tommorrow. ^ ^;;

If youโ€™re wanting a little inspo for future plotting, hereโ€™s the list of OCs that Iโ€™m planning to whip out once we start.

D78A7197-82D5-4FBD-88BD-1CC497BD6F36.jpeg

Val - Your sultry master of the puppets, mama bear to the young ones and everyone on the crew, mischievous on the low
Mo/Mohan - Certified gentleman, quite shy, but definitely the best friend who gives great advice and bakes mean cookies
Ash - Mr. Gongaga himself, master rizzler, would wingman for you any day of the week if you give him some drinks
Kendra - Little sweet pea, accident prone and clumsy, super optimistic and giver of the best hugs
Yasu - The literal definition of looks like would kill you but is a clown/cinnamonroll, loyal down to the bone, chillest person on security

Ofc! No worries!

Iโ€™ll set-up a Discord server tonight so we can chat more openly on there. Just gotta figure out bots and stuff so I might not finish setting up until tommorrow. ^ ^;;

If youโ€™re wanting a little inspo for future plotting, hereโ€™s the list of OCs that Iโ€™m planning to whip out once we start.

D78A7197-82D5-4FBD-88BD-1CC497BD6F36.jpeg

Val - Your sultry master of the puppets, mama bear to the young ones and everyone on the crew, mischievous on the low
Mo/Mohan - Certified gentleman, quite shy, but definitely the best friend who gives great advice and bakes mean cookies
Ash - Mr. Gongaga himself, master rizzler, would wingman for you any day of the week if you give him some drinks
Kendra - Little sweet pea, accident prone and clumsy, super optimistic and giver of the best hugs
Yasu - The literal definition of looks like would kill you but is a clown/cinnamonroll, loyal down to the bone, chillest person on security
omg omg omg, what a delicious spread of characters.

I'm planning on snagging the crime or entertainment reporter spot with a bit of a dorky, narrow focused goof??? he's prone to getting himself into trouble for the story (yet always somehow manages to talk himself out of it??).

Hello hello! Iโ€™m Stitches reporting live and this actually seems really fun! If open, Iโ€™d love to join and am already thinking of a few ideas! So far definitively want to play a meteorologist who seems stoic and very serious and uptight about the job but proceeds to talk about having the craziest Tuesday night casually and the day she discovers she can move the map continued to be the best day of her lifeโ€ฆ until she discovers she can tilt it. Cause that video was too wholesome for me oh my gosh

And ah! Iโ€™m getting more just gosh! My Brain is already buzzing with all these ideas!

omg omg omg, what a delicious spread of characters.

I'm planning on snagging the crime or entertainment reporter spot with a bit of a dorky, narrow focused goof??? he's prone to getting himself into trouble for the story (yet always somehow manages to talk himself out of it??).

Aww, he sounds endearing! Iโ€™m looking forward to meeting him! ^ ^

Honestly, he seems like a prime target for Valโ€™s pranks. Heโ€™d probably best get along with Mo!

Hello hello! Iโ€™m Stitches reporting live and this actually seems really fun! If open, Iโ€™d love to join and am already thinking of a few ideas! So far definitively want to play a meteorologist who seems stoic and very serious and uptight about the job but proceeds to talk about having the craziest Tuesday night casually and the day she discovers she can move the map continued to be the best day of her lifeโ€ฆ until she discovers she can tilt it. Cause that video was too wholesome for me oh my gosh

And ah! Iโ€™m getting more just gosh! My Brain is already buzzing with all these ideas!

Yay! Iโ€™m super happy to welcome you to the family! <3

OMG! She sounds a bit like Yazu, but with more loose canon energy! I love it!

Also, this is the discord link guys! Weโ€™re live!

Last edited:
Bump! Weโ€™re all set-up! Looking to start in the near future. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back