• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Oh Boy, A Mythology Search!

sodium

"no more pomegranates!" - demeter

MITTEN'S MYTHOLOGY SEARCH!

tumblr_mx74wtoJfa1r3p6x3o2_500.gif

My lengths usually depend on my partner's responses. I tend to match lengths so I can write from one paragraph to multi-paragraphs. I do not appreciate one liners though. Decent grammar and spelling makes me happy, but we all make mistakes, just as long as I can understand what you're saying. Writing in third person is a must for me!

I'm flexible pairings meaning I can roleplay M/M, F/M, or F/F. Please note that I struggle with playing a male character in most M/F pairings. However, I have no trouble with M/M pairings. So, please don't expect me to play the male there.

If there is any kind of Mythological aspect you are looking for, creature, story, character, anything. Please, do not be afraid to ask!

Heracles went mad and killed his family; Theseus lost his bride and father; Jason's children and new wife were murdered by his old; Bellerophon killed the Chimera but was crippled by the fall from Pegasus' back.

Underlined and italic character are the ones I prefer to play. Ones that have a * are what I'm currently craving the most.

Hades and Persephone*
I'd love to do something with this story! Hades and Persephone have so many interpretations. There seems to be almost endless possibilities with this. We could create our own retelling back in ancient Greece. Or even some a little more modern? We could change some details to the original story and see where it takes us or add things even! This is my favorite story to roleplay and retell. Even if we go through Persephone's first days in the Underworld. If you are unfamiliar with the story, this is one of my favorite version here.
Osiris and Isis
In Egyptian Mythology, Osiris and Isis and their story has been made clear to most. Maybe something more modern? Or Isis in the Underworld with Osiris? Would it be possible for Isis to save Osiris from his fate at the hands of Set? How would they rule Egypt as Gods? My favorite version to go by is here.
Ares and Aphrodite
To be added...
Icarus is Flying Too Close To The Sun
The son of the famous craftsman Daedalus, Icarus, is given wings. Fake or real, that's up to us. With the freedom of the wings, he flies too close to the sun. Perhaps the sun literally of the son is a metaphor for a person? Apollo even? Will he be saved by the sun's rays or will he reach the ocean water where his fate rests? Or will an ocean savior rescue the distressed? Icarus' story can be read here.
Zeus and His Cupbearer Ganymede *
The mighty God Zeus and his cupbearer, a Prince from Troy. Abducted by Zeus, Ganymede was brought to Olympus, the home of Zeus and granted immortality. Zeus and Ganymede had a similar relationship and story to Hades and Persephone. Taking a modern spin on this is easy and interesting. Zeus could possibly become obsessed, or perhaps he even buys Ganymede from some human trafficking. Some information about Zeus and Ganymede's original story can be found here.
Apollo and Hyacinth
The God of art and a lovely boy Hyacinth mortal who attracted affection from not one, but two Gods. Enough to earn the jealousy and be killed by the other, mourned by his love, Apollo. There would certainly be drama if the disk that killed Hyacinthus was slightly off and missed him. What if he lived? Would he be able to escape the jealousy of a God? Or perhaps a modern day where after centuries of pleading, Hades grants Apollo back his love. A version of this story can be found here.
Callisto and Artemis
Sworn to chastity, a beautiful maiden Callisto worships the Goddess Artemis. The Goddess notices the mortal as well as Zeus who attempts to take advantage of Callisto. Artemis would be furious. Perhaps Artemis is able to take Callisto away before Zeus succeeds? The original story can be found here.
Loki and Sigyn

Zeus and Hera
The once happy couple would soon grow into unhappiness and argument. The Queen and King of the Gods. However, their relationship certainly did not start off as unhappy. First, they would have to win the love and affection of the other. As time would go in their marriage, the two would argue while Zeus (and/or Hera) would continue to have relations with others. Many twists on this story are possible such as a historical time period where the two are a King and Queen of a country. Some information about them can be found here.

Please feel free to ask any questions! To contact me with any interest, PM me or a comment should do!

Last edited:
:c I think I know where that quote comes from and it's chilling me out.

I'd also be up for a Greek mythology RP though.

I cri you probably guessed right where the quote is from. Anyways! I'd really love to do a Greek mythology RP with you!

:c I think I know where that quote comes from and it's chilling me out.

I'd also be up for a Greek mythology RP though.

I cri you probably guessed right where the quote is from. Anyways! I'd really love to do a Greek mythology RP with you!

I'm still freaking out because that completely blindsided me lol.
But yea man message me if you want and I'll get back to you.

Heyo, again! Here's a list of what I'm interested in:

Hades & Persephone
Adam & Eve
Zeus & Ganymede

Little bump! Really craving something with a somewhat romantic relationship involved at the moment. Not required, of course.

Hello there, I am new to the site and can't pm yet, but, if the Hades and Persephone pairing is open I'd love to do that one with you it's one of my favorite myths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back