Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dark Wizard

🔥
Administrator
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey All,

So here is an interesting update for all of you. As of the posting of this announcement, users are now allowed to recruit for offsite roleplaying in their threads as long as the actual announce information is handled via private messages. So threads that are found to have accounts will have the info editted out by a staff member. So that means you can recruit for your Skype, Kik, Discord, teamspeak, what ever else counts.

You are still NOT allowed to recruit/advertise for other roleplay sites with out staff approval. As our site continues to grow and be one of the largest/most active roleplaying sites on the internet, so does the style of RPing. Our existing vague rules were harmful to chat role players and dice among many other types of RPs that can't be done in a post by post forum environment.

While we are an extremely large roleplay site, we've also been evolving into a resource and our rules should reflect as such.

Now that this rule has been updated look forward to an announcement in the foreseeable future involving in a new character system where anyone can come and upload characters and use them insite or offsite.

If you have any questions/feedback/concerns please post below :) !

Edit: For Privacy reasons Skype and other contact information has now been removed as fields from Profiles. Thats why Private Messages exist.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Hey All,
So here is an interesting update for all of you. As of the posting of this announcement, users are now allowed to recruit for offsite roleplaying in their threads as long as the actual announce information is handled via private messages. So threads that are found to have accounts will have the info editted out by a staff member. So that means you can recruit for your Skype, Kik, Discord, teamspeak, what ever else counts.

You are still NOT allowed to recruit/advertise for other roleplay sites with out staff approval. As our site continues to grow and be one of the largest/most active roleplaying sites on the internet, so does the style of RPing. Our existing vague rules were harmful to chat role players and dice among many other types of RPs that can't be done in a post by post forum environment.

While we are an extremely large roleplay site, we've also been evolving into a resource and our rules should reflect as such.

Now that this rule has been updated look forward to an announcement in the foreseeable future involving in a new character system where anyone can come and upload characters and use them insite or offsite.

Edit: For Privacy reasons Skype and other contact information has now been removed as fields from Profiles. Thats why Private Messages exist.

Edit 2: The 10/24 hour rule has been made the 25 post /24 hour rule.

[/QUOTE]
Oh...

Okay.... wellll... I must go do.. things..

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Hey All,

Edit 2: The 10/24 hour rule has been made the 25 post /24 hour rule.

[/QUOTE]
THANK YOU FOR THIS! I actually got a courtesy violation for recruiting the people in my rp for a Discord server to accompany our role play. Kind of to keep in contact with all of them OOC.

this makes things easier for me because i cant be on here all the time and i get hyper busy *Hugs the dark wizard* *Thank youuuu ill make you a bento box

Thank you mods for continuing to be patient and work with us. I think this is a cool idea, and I hope if there are any troubles that come along with this change, that they are few in number. While this could be used to spread activity off this site, I am confident this will increase the number of users, as this is more than just an RP site. This is a nation. We are RPNation, and I for one am proud to be a part of this wonderful community.

Just remember, it's still against the rules to arrange erotic/smutty/sexy/lemony roleplays.

welian said:
Just remember, it's still against the rules to arrange erotic/smutty/sexy/lemony roleplays.
Perhaps you should have The Dark Wizard edit their post to say that. I didn't even think of that before, but now that you mention it, I think that's a pretty important thing to note.

CelticHero37 said:
Perhaps you should have The Dark Wizard edit their post to say that. I didn't even think of that before, but now that you mention it, I think that's a pretty important thing to note.
Its fairly obvious, erotic content is against the site rules, don't recruit for an erotic roleplay or your ad gets taken down.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Its fairly obvious, erotic content is against the site rules, don't recruit for an erotic roleplay or your ad gets taken down.

[/QUOTE]
Oh, I know. I'm just saying, people love to find loopholes.

Just wanted to say I was only joking, I wasn't trying to be rude with my comment from before. Guess I should have put in an lol or something. I'm sorry that if came across the wrong way. :(

Hooray , I still don't like that no Erotic RP rule but I can deal with.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Its fairly obvious, erotic content is against the site rules, don't recruit for an erotic roleplay or your ad gets taken down.

[/QUOTE]

Incredibly happy to hear this!

While chatting on this site was neat, not being allowed to use messengers to sort out RP stuff was a pain.

That's pretty cool! Nice to know this for stuff later on if I get those types of accounts.

[QUOTE="General Deth Glitch]What about setting up RP for games?

[/QUOTE]
What do you mean, exactly?

Well one example that comes to mind would be Minecraft, since people set up worlds and RP on them

I mean personally I'm just curious as I currently have no such plans.

@Pine

Finally. Though I understand the site needs to protect itself in this sadly litigious age, the former policy seemed to somehow came across as limiting to what people could do beyond this site (whether that was the intent or not). RpN was starting to come across as that business which would not refer a customer to another business which could serve a particular request better (again intended or not). To be frank this was part of the reason I had not sought any new roleplays on this site in a long while (other than the one long term game I am in). While RpN is awesome, it can't meet all RP needs, as an example it has no capacity for a live skype style game, which simply may suit some peoples schedules or play styles better.

I applaud this move.(*U*)

djinnamon said:
Hooray , I still don't like that no Erotic RP rule but I can deal with.
Meh, I agree on a certian level (only because I am huge supporter of personal freedom) but I completely understand RpN's position here (hey they are entitled to personal freedom too) and since there are sites which specialize in such things for those into all that I don't see it as a big deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
hellrazoromega said:
Finally. Though I understand the site needs to protect itself in this sadly litigious age, the former policy seemed to somehow came across as limiting to what people could do beyond this site (whether that was the intent or not). RpN was starting to come across as that business which would not refer a customer to another business which could serve a particular request better (again intended or not). To be frank was part of the reason I had not sought any new roleplays on this site in a long while (other than the one long term game I am in). While RpN is awesome but it can't meet all RP needs, as an example it has no capacity for a live skype style game, which simply may suit some peoples schedules or play styles better.
I applaud this move.(*U*)

Meh, I agree on a certian level (only because I am huge supporter of personal freedom) but I completely understand RpN's position here (hey they are entitled to personal freedom too) and since there are sites which specialize in such things for those into all that I don't see it as a big deal.
True

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back