• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Off Roading RP

OFF ROADING

A group of teenagers go on a road trip across country with old cameras in hand. When they get back, they go to develop all the photos they took on their vacation trip. In every photo they took, they see the same girl, but no one knows who she is or where she came from. After weeks of research in the old library and talking to people in the retirement home, they discover her to be a 16 teen year old girl who was part of a group of teens who died in a car crash on a cross country road trip in 1981. The group of friends start getting weird messages, deliveries, having a sense of someone following them, and eventually people started being eliminated. One by one, their loved ones, family and friends, starting getting hurt or even killed by the demons. The group of friends have to team up to go on a supernatural hunt against the group of kids from 1981 to save the people they love.

tumblr_inline_mwn05oZqXa1rsud01.gif

Tessa King

Tessa sighed as she stared out the window of the car. Her friends all sat chatting around her and she honestly didn't feel like partaking, she didn't want to go home. Her uncle had called and told her her father had called to command she come home. He must've been drunk, he knew that she's been here almost a year now and he hadn't seemed to give a shit that she was gone for that year. A
nyway, Uncle Trace had told her she needed to call him when she got home, if only to tell him she's never coming back. Tessa was not looking forward to hearing that snakes ice cold voice over the telephone line, he'd yell at her for sure, probably call her a few names, tell her she was just a waste of his time and he didn't even want her anymore and then hang up. But, ultimately, the next time he got stoned or drunk, which was often, he'd call and the whole cycle would repeat. Uncle Trace only answered anymore because he felt that his brother needed some kind of constant in his life, and apparently calling and yelling drunkenly at her, and being an asshole was that constant. He'd say,"Trey might be a jackass, but he's still my brother, you're still his kid, and he's still human. I know you hate his guts, Tess, just give him something that's a constant for him so he won't go off and get himself killed." He was right. Tessa was still his kid, and he was still her father. Somewhere, deep, inside herself she still loved him and didn't want him to get himself killed. Maybe that's why she still wore this stupid bracelet of his, because even if she hated him she was still daddy's little girl, and she always would be.

Tessa blinked at the familiar scenery that surrounded them, they were home, and she was becoming less afraid of her impending phone call. This place always made her feel better, with its friendly people, who offered you cookies everytime you walked by their home and it's one diner that everyone hung out at. It was the epitome of peace and quite, a perfectly small little town, a safe haven for people like Tessa. For this, she was thankful,
so very thankful.

This is invisible...

With: Everyone

Last edited by a moderator:
Gavin was behind the wheel, driving with one hand while controlling the shifter with his free hand. He couldn't wait to get home. He took several memory cards' worth of photos and wanted them developed as soon as possible. He lightly chatted and prodded jokes at the group, somehow never showing a smile in his obvious glee. He felt bad for the passenger sitting begin him, as he had the chair extremely far back to compensate for his towering height. The car was his dad's, a junker van from when his parents lived under the same roof. He'd have to thank his dad again for loaning it. Although he had very much enjoyed the trip, he missed the autoshop under his father's name and the smell of gas and oil as he worked on a car's undercarriage. He was heading to college at Summer's end, and the trip was kind of an extended farewell. As such, he had a project in restoring a Crown Vic from the 80's, so that he could pull up in it and impress some freshmen. He treated the car as his kin, and since he was an only child, had plenty of love to give.

Even though he griped to go home, he did want to ask the crew a question. Hannah's Diner was a staple, and a stop there couldn't hurt. Speaking in a gruffly low voice, he'd say-

"Who's...hungry for Hannah's?"

He knew most of his friends had shaky backgrounds, and felt pity upon them. So, he thought that Hannah milkshakes could at least numb their individual worries. It's healthier than drugs and smoking, after all.

@Elizabeth Schuyler @Gabriel Ivanov

@Iskolde

Eloise was staring out the window, lost in a trance. She didn't want to go home, she really didn't want to go home. Don't get her wrong, she loves her brother but she hadn't felt this happy and care free in a while. The blurry scenes passing by the window slowly became more and more familiar. Everyone was tense and sad, the highlight of their years were coming to an abrupt close. She heard Gavin perk up about stopping at hannas for milkshakes.

"Actually," Eloise started biting her lip, "I think we should stop at my house."

She had convinced Johnny to help her throw a welcome back party for her friends, that way coming home wouldn't be as bad. There would be drinks, and food, and some more food. They could have one last hoorah before it was over forever. Everyone was coming, at least thats what Johnny said. Her and her friends weren't the most popular people, but people knew who they were and they knew that if Eloise was gonna throw a party, it was gonna be a hell of a goos time.

@Milus @Iskolde

tumblr_inline_mwn05oZqXa1rsud01.gif

Tessa King

Tessa finally tuned in to what was going on around her when Gavin mentioned something about Hannah's and Eloise rebutted with a mention of her home. Tessa honestly didn't care where they went, anywhere was better than home, she wanted to avoid that phone call as long as humanly possible. If that meant going to Hannah's or Eloise's home, she didn't mind.

"I don't care. Anywhere's fine. What do we need to go to your house for, E?" Tessa questioned the girl, turning from the window to face her. Tessa'd been to Eloise's house before, as well as everyone else's, she knew E's family and all. But, what she didn't understand was what the reason for going there now was. It wasn't a big deal, she could care less, she was just curious.

This is invisible...

With: Everyone

Sighing, Gavin would lower the gears, the van lurching forward momentarily before gaining traction once more on loose, back country gravel. He evidently hadn't payed attention during discussion of a 'party', and therefore assumed she was just homesick. No traffic would line the road, though it was in the early evening. He'd turn off the radio, leaving himself in silence as he continued to drive.

"Alright, but I'm getting one tomorrow without you buzzkills."

He'd speak in a joking manner, making eye contact with the women behind him in the rearview as he spoke. They were like siblings to him, and it dawned on him that this WAS their last great adventure. When he develops the photos, he'll vow to scrapbook them.

"Y'all remember that Charger we passed back in Cincinnati? Must've been a '78, '79..."

He'd rattle on about car specs, preferring useless banter over silence. He'd eventually stop, then say-

"You know, you can all cheer up a bit. We'll still always be together. Your out-the-window silence is making me all depressed."

He'd eventually pulled into the outskirts of town, a few nondescript homes passing by.

She laughed at Gavin's remark. "I'm sorry, Its just that know that we are home things wont be the same."

It was sad but it was true. Thing are different when your home is far behind you, your friends are at your side, and nothing but road ahead of you. She sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"It was supposed to be a surprise but we may be having a welcome home party at my house as the last blast of fun. I figured it would be a good way to say good bye, but you know just maybe." She said, turning around from her position in the passenger seat to look at her friends. "Would the, hypothetical, party be cool with you?"

Tessa shrugged, threading her fingers through her hair idly. "Yeah, sure." A party was perfect, if it lasted long enough, she may be able to avoid the call until the next morning. Suddenly she smiled wide, pearly whites shining in the light.

"Is Emma gonna be there?" Tessa questioned rather excitedly, she'd had a crush on the blonde haired girl since freshman year, and this could be her chance to finally talk to Emma longer than thirty minutes. She always freaked out and made up an excuse and scurried away the times before.

"Uh...n-not that that's important, at all." Tessa laughed nervously, realizing that her question was probably a little too energetic. She didn't want to seem weird or anything, but the face splitting smile that adorned her face wasn't helping much. Tessa coughed and tried to place her "I don't give a fuck" attitude back in its place,"I mean, that would be cool. Cause she's hot, you know." She coughed again, crossing her arms over her chest self-consciously.

@Elizabeth Schuyler @Milus

(I got lazy and the BBcode is now no longer there, sorry.)

"A party? Hell yeah. And is Emma really that good looking? I never noticed. But Tessa did." He'd say, ending with a chuckle.

In fact, Gavin rarely cared to get involved in intimate relationships. However, at a party, he was known as the igniter. When everyone is standing awkwardly and whisper-chatting, Gavin would dance like a drunken monkey and do horrible karaoke alongside the music. Thus, people begin to dance and act a bit more loose, and the momentum increases until Gavin isn't making a fool of himself and actually has an odd rhythm to his movement. His singing, however, is flat as a pancake. Although not increasingly popular, Gavin is a human icebreaker at such events.

At most parties, he'll either be on the floor or not there at all. He doesn't prowl for women like most men his age, simply staying friendly with many and all. Course, his dad is afraid that his only son will grow up alone, but it hardly bothered Gavin. He'll find a nutcase like him someday.

"Course...I could spend the night tuning Vicky." It was his name for the Crown in the garage. A bit cheesy for his taste, but he thought it was funny.

Eloise giggles and waggled her eyebrows at her friend. "I think someone's got the hots."

Tessa and Emma had talked a few times before and Eloise got the sense that something might happen between them.

In all honesty, Eloise was the "slut" of her group. She didn't really sleep around but her constant first for romance launched her into many relationships. Her last relationship ended before the road trip started.

But Eloise was happy for her friend, she deserved a special someone in her life. "Emma will be there, and a couple other cuties."

She scoffed at Gavin. He couldn't stay home, he was the life of the party. "If you stay home from your welcome home party I swear I'll drag you out to your garage and let you watch me destroy that precious car."

With a serious tone, though it was obvious he was joking, he'd say-

"I'll go. But Vicky is my love life. You know what kind of food that'll be there?"

He subconsciously ran a finger down the white, knotted scar tracing his jaw. It was as habitual as scratching your chin or adjusting your glasses. He was hungry, now that he thought about it, since it had been several hours from the last stop.

"So, you who taking this time, Eloise? Number 63, I imagine?"

She scoffed. "No one today." In all truthfulness, there wasn't really anyone available that caught her eye recently. "And no food for you." She said in her funny voice.

Eloise noticed Gavin run a hand down his scar, it was a habit of his. She thought that it was kind of adorable when he did that, but of course she never said anything about it. She sighed, suddenly feeling a little down. She usually came to parties with a new guy to keep her busy. Busy. That was the key, she got bored easily and she needed someone to keep her busy.

Unfortunately, she didn't have that someone tonight. She would probably end up sitting on the kitchen with a bottle of booze in her hand rambling to a random person about all her personal life and all the problems of the day.

//gonna stop posting for tonight\\

Tessa rolled her eyes at Gavin,"All you ever do is work on that hunk-a-junk." She laughed, eyes traveling back out the window at the passing scenery. She couldn't believe how fast everything had gone by, it seemed like just yesterday they were all freshman just trying to figure out how to survive.

"So, this is it, huh? One last hurrah before it's grown-up time." Tessa looked down at her hands in her lap, she didn't want to grow up. She didn't want to leave her friends, the only people who ever understood. She didn't want to leave this town, even if it ment having to call her dead beat of a dad every damn day. Tessa was going to miss it all, all the nights spent doing stupid things, or being bored in Gavin's garage while he worked on Vicky, even the night Tessa had found out she had a brother who died four years before she was because her dad had been driving the car drunk. Her friends had been there for that, and it had quite honestly been great for her.

"I don't know what I'm gonna do without you guys." Tessa laughed, brown eyes looking back up at the people in front of her.

@Milus @Elizabeth Schuyler

With a sigh of regret, he'd say-

"Yeah...this is it. Last summer."

Gavin hated his coming-of-age. Time will come when he no longer worries about a car in the garage and begins to stress over bills and college. His dad and friends would be states away, and he'd be to engrossed in studies to mingle with a new crowd. Although he doubt that he'll be able to. Hell, he couldn't even find a romantic interest before senior year. It felt as though the older he grew, the faster years go by.

"I don't know what any of us are gonna do."

Eloise's house came into view around a turn on the gravel road, and Gavin drove in the first gear as he pulled into the lot. Lights were already on in every window, and the distant thrum of music would be felt and heard.

"Look, let's forget about the future and focus on the now. Drown our worries in liquor."

Course, Gavin never drank, but now wasn't the time to mention it. He'd turn the car off before getting out, closing and locking the door behind him.

"Oh baby doll!" Eloise cooed at her big brown eyed friend. She reached into the backseat of Gavin's car and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "I'm gonna miss this, but we still have one night to party." She said.

Hopefully, everyone would have a great time tonight, and wakeup with a wicked hangover that would give them an excuse to stay together another day, and that would lead to a sleepover. Anyway for them to spend more time together. Her house finally came into view and they drove up the gravel pathway. Gavin hopped out of the car, Eloise followed and headed inside to the party, ready to drown todays sorrows out with a bottle.
@Iskolde @Milus

Tessa smiled up at Eloise as the other girl kissed her forehead,"You know I love you, E, but don't ever call me "baby doll" ever again." Tess scolded, trying to keep her best serious face on, but ultimately failing as a wide smile spread across her face as she excited the car.

"Hey wait up!" Tessa jogged after her friends, chains falling from her pockets jingling against each other. Once they'd actually arrived in the house, Tessa stopped in the door frame shoving her hands in her pockets and scuffing her combat boot on the floor. Suddenly her nerves hit her in a rush and she just stood there waiting for it to pass. Calm down. You're cool. You're cool.

"Hey Tessy, you okay?" She said as she saw her friend hang back in the doorway, her eyes looking wide and nervous.

She pulled her friends into a big bear hug. "It's gonna be great girlie, just come inside and everything will be okay." She empathized for her friend, she hated to see her like this. She back up into the house, holding Tess's hand. "Come on Tessa, come inside." She cooed in a baby voice, hoping to get her friend to let out a smile and embrace the night. @Iskolde @Milus

Tessa shook her head, string down at Eloise's hand,"Yea, I'm coming, I'm coming." Tessa walked forward, her heart beat slowing down considerably. Crowds were not her thing, Tessa had a small anxiety problem, okay maybe it was a pretty big anxiety problem, and it made her extremely nervous and sometimes even afraid in big crowds like this.

Tessa ran her free hand up her leather covered arm,"Hey, E, I'm fine, go have fun. I'm just gonna sit over here." She smiled at her friend, hoping to make her feel okay about leaving her. "I'll be fine, I promise." What she needed right now was her Choclate Lab puppy, Zeke, he always made her feel better. But he was at home, couldn't get him now.

She shook her head. "No your not, but I am going to get a drink. Do you want anything?"

She wasn't sure if Tessa drank, she had never really payed attention during the first of the night and halfway through the party she was always crazy drunk. However, she could be very entertaining in a strange sense. She offered Tessa a smile as she awaited her response.

@Iskolde @Milus

Tessa shook her head lightly, falling into the cusions of the couch. "Nah, I'm good. You go get one though. I'll just be over here." She smiled, waving Eloise off to go get herself a drink. Tessa wasn't a fan of alcohol, mostly beachside of her father, but also because the last time she'd drank she'd ended up on the ground in someone's driveway with an arrow tattoo on her wrist. That was a mistake she never make again.

"Seriously, E, go." Tessa let her head fall back and her eyes close, letting the thrum of the music echo through her skull. That's the one thing about parties Tessa did like, the music. Tessa was a big music buff, she could always be found with headphones shoved in her ears and scrolling through and endless playlist of music.

Gavin Sesler was already on the floor, acting as though he was intoxicated. Shame wasn't a part of him, and he made an air guitar strum to the music. By now, he wasn't the only one, and he peeled off to look for something to chew on.

Entering the kitchen, he scoured the fridge before taking out a microwaveable meal, and started the microwave. While waiting, he'd nod his head slowly to the beat. He'd prefer to be in the garage right now, or in the makeshift boxing ring in the backyard. He wasn't a nutcase fighter like Tess, but a technical one at that. He threw a jab, then a cross in a one-two fashion, before noticing Jessica leaning in the kitchen doorway arch. Fumbling to recover, he'd say-

"Just stretching."

Jessica was a slim, petite figure, who wore a set of glasses and ordained a lengthy set of brown hair.

"Stretching what? Your swing?"

"Stretching the time until my food is done."

She'd step into the kitchen, saying-

"I didn't see you on the floor out there. Something on your mind?"

"Just to Vi-...my car."

Gavin never referred to the project as 'Vicky' to those outside his tightly wound circle.

"You'd rather be in your garage than a welcoming party?"

"You know me. Of course I would."

"I've never been in that garage people talk about. Haven't even seen the glorious Crown Vic."

"Well, I do keep it under wraps."

"You should take me to see it sometime."

With a shrug, he'd reply, "Maybe."

He was friendly with Jessica, but this wasn't his forte. She sulked for a bit, and left as the microwave beeped. Opening it, he'd remove and begin to eat the Hungryman.

Eloise bopped over to the bar, feeling giddy. She downed five shots of tequila in less than two minutes. She fumbled over her feet and made her way towards the kitchen. There, she was Jessica and Gavin having a chat, and she jumped to the wrong conclusion.

"Hows my boy," she slurred, pinching his cheeks. She pointed to Jessica. "You getting laid tonight little mama?" She ask before heading over to the fridge. She opened it up and took out a beer and a pint of blue berries. She started popping them into her moth on by one as she sat up on the counter.

"These grapes are awfully good, thought they look a little bit more blue than normal." She said examining a blueberry. @Milus @Iskolde

He'd suppress a laugh as he downed the TV dinner. He barely smiled, and he liked to keep it that way. So, unemotionally, he'd say-

"Having a good time?"

It wasn't the first time he's seen her drunk off her feet. She's probably the reason why he is both not allowed to drink and the designated driver. Course, tonight was different, but habits are hard to break.

"I'm on a roller coaster that only goes up my friend." She said with a smile. But then her smile faltered and she looked down at her feet as she kicked them against the countertop. "Down, it only goes down. I miss him so much." She said with a blank face, still focusing on her feet. By him she was meaning Charles, the boyfriend she had broken up with before the trip. In fact, that was one of the reasons they went on the trip - to distract her. It was the longest relationship she had been in, one year, and considering hers usually only lasted a couple weeks it was a record.

Eloise laid her back on the table and sighed. "Just leave me here, go have fun." She said, over-dramtically.

@Milus @Iskolde

"Woah, woah, woah. Hang on. Pause. What happened between the two of you?"

He knew that her and Char were on shaky grounds before the trip, but he didn't hear about them splitting up until now. Gavin got out of his seat, walking to and leaning on the counter side, parallel to Eloise. He knew that she was obviously attached to Charles, and was therefore concerned for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back