• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Of Sabres and Crowns (idk what that title is) [CLOSED]

Monody

I don't know what I'm doing
Hi, I'm Monody! Recently, I've been craving a specific plot and I would love to try it out! But, before we jump to the plot, I should set the foundations of the rp itself down first.

Nice info to know
-I am in EST, so expect my replies to correspond with that time zone. The number of replies per day is always at least one; more if I'm not busy.

-I'm not much of a fan of post length requirements. I believe that literature needs a certain flow. Sometimes, a long wordy reply hinders the flow. Antithetically, sometimes a short reply ruins the anticipation of a climax. By forcing someone to constrain their replies to a certain length, it is difficult to find a flow. So, I go anywhere from a minimum of a single paragraph to sometimes in the teens. I don't expect any different from my partners. Write what feels right, not because of expectations.
-The only exception of this is one liners. Sorry, but I don't see much effort in those.

-I follow RPnation guidelines, so yaknow, no smut; fading to black is fine.

-Please talk to me about the rp. Is it starting to bore you? Let me know! We can do something to make it exciting! Did you want a specific thing to happen? More likely than not, I'd go along with it. Do you want to leave the rp? Tell me, I won't be upset; letting me know is much better than leaving me cold turkey in the middle of an rp.

-Please help add to the plot! I adore nothing more than a plot devised by two people, shifting into something deep and thoughtful. I also hate to drag the plot along all by myself.
-I also like to talk a bit of OOC after important events transpire within the rp, so we can steer the plot into whatever we want.

-I heavily dislike the 'top and bottom/dom and sub' dynamic that seems to be all over this site. Don't know why. I just prefer characters to act like actual people, rather than filling some sort of role.

Oh look it's the plot
TL; DR: Female Knight (I want this role) x Prince (You can be the important person)

In depth:

The setting of this plot would take place in a medieval setting, in the strongest Kingdom in the known world; unparalleled in trade, military, and knowledge. Also unparalleled in enemies. This Kingdom would be begrudgingly respected for its power, but despised due to jealousy. Because of this jealous, neighboring kingdoms often would create plots to ruin their strong neighbor, ranging from assassination attempts, provoked wars, and economic strains.

Because of such strifes, many generations ago, the King of the powerful Kingdom decided that he would need a personal guard to ensure his safety, trained to be stronger than any other, more loyal than the most fanatical of royalists. And so, he chose his closest friend, Maric of house Santori. From that day forth, the Santoris were elevated to the King's greatest allies, as well as the greatest noble house of the Kingdom.

A tradition was formed as soon as the two great friends had been given heirs of their blood. The two heirs would be raised together. One as the heir to the kingdom, the other as the heir's loyal knight. The two heirs were required to be of similar age, and upon the Kingdom's heir's twenty first birthday, the knight would form a blood oath with the heir, forever binding them in duty to the heir, ensuring the heir's safety, and a promise to give their life for the heir.

This tradition would continue until the year of our plot, shortly before ( or quite some time after, it might be interesting to have the knight juxtaposed into the middle of something) the heir's, or in this case, prince's twenty first birthday. The knight who had been promised to him, whom was raised with him as a brother, would die of a horrific sickness, Hangman's plague. Never before had this happened, and never before had the kinghts failed to honor their kingdom. And so, the knight that had been promised would be given, in the form of the previous knight's older sister, a woman once promised to become the kingdom's next greatest general, given a role far different than the one she aspired.

What I would like to do for this plot would be to involve enemy kingdoms. The idea is, the enemy kingdoms would see that the 'glorious tradition' was technically broken and would attempt to kill the prince, set a new plot to destroy the kingdom, etc. It would also be neat to incorporate the plague within the story, adding more tension and conflict. Because after all, the more conflict, the better the development. Also, the Promised Knight, wouldn't be particularly happy with what happened, since she trained the entirety of her life to become a general, not what she would consider a glorified guard dog. It would be neat to watch the relationship between the two main characters to evolve from begrudging allies, to close friends, and perhaps to something more? Nothing forced though.

Please feel free to add whatever you would like to the plot!

Please PM me!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back