• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Of Mice & Men

JustKay

So below is a real quick overview of what the RP would be about just to see what the interest would be. I'll probably end up tweaking and changing things based both on feedback and how the storyline/world builds itself in my head.

We think of countries as things that have always been there. They are transcendent of time and will be there long after we have gone. But everything starts somewhere. You are the very start of humanity as we know it, you have no home. There are no lines drawn in the sand to divide us. There are no such things as countries, languages, or culture. Band together to form your own, fight others who don't share your ideals. Create the countries that will be known thru all time.

As you can see the RP would be a world building one. All players would start off with no affiliations or fealty but as the story progresses and countries start to take shape people will start having to pick sides. As the story progresses I'll move the countries through different ages, every time a progression happens the players will play a descendant of their original character. Will you start wars? Will you become a trade empire? Will you explore for new worlds? Will you marry into other countries in hopes of peace? That is all up to you good players.

Awesome guys, the interest is much appreciated. Does anyone have any thoughts of any nuances they'd like to see in the story or in the world itself?

so basicly we creat are own little riligions and stuff are own citys and there own rules on how to ru them right

So yes to all questions. You are humanity at the very beginning of when it became humanity. Previously you were all just wandering around all over the place because it was the only way you knew how to survive. But now that you figured out things like farming and domestication it allows you to settle down a bit. So that is where we start. Which means things like religion, cultures, differing languages, countries don't exist yet. What you all choose and decide will shape what appears as we move through the ages slowly to a time that is more current.

Got it. I think it would be interesting to see humans with a bit of genetic diversity. As in neanderthals and denisovans, so we can justify slight differences between each human enclave if we want.

You can even have differences with in a certain classification if you wanted to. I mean look at how we ended up. Suddenly ALL THE COUNTRIES. Your choices and story pretty much pick how everything turns out for what eventually will become the "modern world" which I'll then probably let you all run a muck in.

so basicly for example it's like the butterfly effect even one choice can turn are world into a highly religouse one that worships people

if i can make a suggestion wouldn't it be cooll if were like god's playing sandbox with are own little world and going inside it after we finished are choices?

So that would make a multi-person RP difficult which is why I am doing kind of the same thing but in a lot less of a god mode way.

Earth like in that we could change elements of it before we starting the nation building if we wanted to.

Reminds me a lot off the Pen and Paper RP: "Aria - Canticle of the Monomyth" I have to admit: I am very much Intrigued.

I don't know that RP but I will more then gladly look it up. If it helps I'll probably include a map in the actually thread once its up and going.

((bump))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back