• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Pumpkid

~Vibing along the cosmos~
Welcome to Valenheim Academy!

acadamey.jpg

After two years sector five is finally instated. All of the preparations have been set, and the faculty are ready to welcome the new recruits. The most excited of them all is none other than the guardian of the academy, Dean Lumina Whitlock. Although the building may seem empty, the gates are open where one of the assistants, a brunette woman who goes by the name of Dahlia awaits to greet each member, answer any question they may have, and guide them to the sparring grounds around the back of the school building. A wide space covered in gravel reaching up to one-hundred yards, surrounded by the woods. Why is there a need for such an expanse? It is typically to accommodate not only battles but demons of all sizes. A perfect place for an initiation. Should anything go sour, there will be no innocent bystanders in the way.

f4da0b9be61c355811e1532ae26474ea.jpg
The first thing that comes into sight is a metallic building with double doors and a side door for the caretaker to enter. A containment unit called, "The Vault" where for the time being the demons reside before their debut. It's not an ideal place but the plan is to be flashy, according to Lumina, and present themselves as cool as possible. Wow their future partner. For the past two years, the demons have been wandering around the school freely except for this moment where their lives will change for better or worse. Dahlia leads the young exorcists in front of the vault where she is ordered to wait until the Dean's arrival. She shoots the group with smile and starts, "Hello! My name is Dahlia. The residents and faculty are delighted to finally meet our newest members, who will restore this beautiful city and bring about peace. We Assisting Exorcists are eternally grateful for your attendance. We will take great care of all of you. Anything you need you may ask. We are here to serve." Dahlia places a hand over her heart then bows out of respect.

Meanwhile

Lumina hums a cheery tune down the corridors of the school with a binder in hand, excited for her first day as both a teacher and dean of Sector Five. Although, the firs day is usually considered the most dangerous as young Exorcists will be forging a pact with their first demon. Demons can be unpredictable once sentient. It can go in any direction, but Lumina finds it no trouble at all. For what is life without a little chaos? Still, such a small mishap could be a hassle as the higher-ups will most likely call Lumina in for an explanation. In which case, she doesn't want to deal with the counsel recounting their boring rules. "Isn't this fine morning splendid, Sedilia?" She chirped to her demon partner. "Well, aside from the gray skies forming. No amount of rain will stop this day from going smoothly." Lumina opens the blue-gray binder to review every student's profile before their arrival. In the midst of reading their background, she thinks back to her first pact ever. At her first initiation, she refused to make a pact as she wanted to prove she could be strong without them. Her gravity powers gave her an advantage being able to slow enemies with the amount of weight she can add. However, her pactless decision was frowned upon, deeming her weak. Her classmates often questioning her choices. Lumina did not care if she could only deal with lesser-demons. She found no fun in being an exorcist. It was worse than a normal school. The faction reeking of superior complex. It wasn't until she met Sedilia did she understand that demons were no different than her. Being abandoned by the former exorcist who mistreats their partners. Lumina chose to extend a hand. A pact not out of pity or the need to be stronger, but out of mutual understanding between lonely hearts. Companionship.

Lumina sighs, "I hope this group can find happiness on their journey." She closes the binder then grins. "I can't wait to see our demons evolve. I wonder how they'll turn out. Let us check up on them, shall we?" She pats Sedilia's head sweetly.

Not long did Lumina arrive before the vault. The thrashing sound caught her attention. She could only guess who would be causing a commotion so early in the morning. She enters through the side door to greet the demons with, "yo! How are we doing this fine morning? Ready to make a pact?" Her tone may sound condescending, yet Lumina was genuinely ecstatic for them. Most exorcists wouldn't even give a demon the light of day, but Lumina has a different opinion. "Whether or not you are, I need you all to behave just for the day. I know the vault is plain mean but I promise you'll be walking around campus in no time. It's just for one day." She walks over to the first box where Alaska is stationed with her heater. "You're going to be a lot cozier with your new pal. Doesn't that sound sweet?" Next, box is Ains. "You will be able to share your knowledge of Shakespeare, maybe woo a human or two?" Across the room is the largest containment meant for Viavas. "Viavas, your weapons can be put to use by a great wielder or maybe they'll be a lover of gems. Maybe even something more spectacular?" Last but not least, Lumina turns to the box in the corner making bashing noises. "Seems Pyra gets it." She teased earning a sizzling sound in response.

Meredith Meredith Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia JuniperBoi JuniperBoi Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Last edited:

Plouton 1.jpg
Plutoun, Demon

"You're not provoking the hatchlings, are you mistress?"

As if out of thin air, Plutoun appeared a few paces behind his Master with soundless steps. There was a clipboard tucked beneath his armpit, and his arms were firmly held at his sides. "I wouldn't want for you to have to hurt them before the ceremony begins." He came to stop next to her, eyes wandering over each of the captured Demons in their respective cages. His expression apathetic, inscrutable behind the black leather mask he seemed to constantly wear, betrayed no hint of the analytical process going on in his head. The Demons were as varied as they were promising. Each gifted with powers more coveted than his own. Hellfire, the ultimate form of destruction; Lifeblood, the very fuel of war; Creation, to forge the means of overcoming any obstacle; and Rune Magic, a path to magical diversity rivaled by nothing but the most genial of spell casters.

The apathy was briefly broken for a thinly-veiled look of distaste, but it was soon covered back up again.

He produced the clipboard from his side and scribbled something down, then turned his head to face her. "Have you been able to determine the optimal pairings yet, or should the compile the analyses I previously assembled for you in a more streamlined format?"

It wasn't long before the newly minted Exorcists were being invited into The Vault, and so the question was more one of courtesy than a sincere one. Lumina would already have the proceedings figured out, and at this point he was mostly here to observe the coming generation. Since Valenheim went mostly unprotected in the face of the recent demonic adversities the Exorcists would have plenty of opportunities to prove their mettle, and Plutoun wasn't banking on all of them surviving the coming weeks. Luckily, unlike the positions available at the academy, replacements for both Demons and Recruits were an almost inexhaustible resource. He just hoped they wouldn't have to repeat this exercise every other week.

"It is almost time."

Last edited:

Evan Mulder.jpgEvan Dillinger, Exorcist

It was finally time!

He might've caught a couple of disapproving looks from the local staff as he came through the front gates oohing and aahing at the expense that had clearly gone into the construction of the site. The mansion reached several stories above the ground, the hedges and lawns were immaculately kept, there were even decorative statues depicting no-doubt important historical Exorcists across the courtyard. Was this what it meant to become an Exorcist? Or rather, a branch leader of the global Exorcist organizations? Screw never going hungry again, Evan wanted to be able to build his own mansion inside of a demonic war zone, too!

"Building a pleasure palace while innocent lives are at stake..." The voice of his former Master spoke as his blue wisp floated up above Evan's shoulder, only to quickly get ushered away by the wisp of his mother. "Now, now, mister! Don't rain on my son's parade just because you don't have the body to be enjoying this anymore!" She floated in a circle, bobbing up and down as if dancing. "Don't listen to him Evan! You won't be able to save the world if you don't take care of yourself!" A few other wisps joined in the rhythmic dancing motion, moaning ghostly whispers of excitement and concurrence until Evan dispersed them with a wave of his hand. "Come on, guys! People around here can actually see you." He nervously scratched the back of his neck with a smile. "I feel kind of tense honestly, what if I won't be able to get a pact with a demon?"

The wisps gathered around him, bobbing and shouting words of encouragement, causing him to blush and apologetically put his hands up. "Okay, okay - I'm not that awesome. Okay, maybe I am. I won't let you down! Not after coming this far."

"Are you talking to yourself?"

Evan jumped, and the wisps dispersed. He turned around to see a young servant boy with a tired pout. "What, what - no! I was just, I was-" Evan tried to defend himself, but was quickly interrupted by the boy. "I think you should see Dahlia." He regarded Evan with a disturbed and disapproving expression, and Evan, in turn, squirmed against his gaze in awkward silence. "... Okay."

---

He was brought out back behind the academy to a large plot of sand surrounded by a metal fence, and beyond that, trees. A large sheet metal building, seemingly recently assembled, stood at its center. It was reminiscent of an industrial garage, or perhaps a small hangar building. It would seem that, as of now, he was utterly alone here. Maybe the other Exorcists hadn't gotten here yet? Oh, he was just so excited to finally get to meet his peers. He'd already heard all the ghost puns, it was time for something else.

His weapons gently swayed in the breeze, loosely hanging by their leather straps. He crossed his arms and waited, utterly unsure of what to do next.

d5f69038cc2711ebc9c416616ff63502.jpg

Viavas Scaliszar

"Vas"

Species Demon (Scalisuis)
Partner ???
Location The Vault
Status Bored, slightly insulted

divider-wild-pirate-mutiny-rank-hearthstone-decks-30.png

A vault was a place intended to store things. Things of great value. Sentimental in some cases, historical in others; mostly, though, it was all about the financial value. What did it mean that so-called "Demons" were being held in a vault? "Demon" wasn't even a self-proclaimed term, at that. That was only secondary to the point Vas was mulling over. Why were Demons held in a vault? Were they truly of such value? Did there exist a price tag on each of their heads? Had this been his own world, would there be a set value one could trade in gems for their servitude? It could not be any other reason. They were new to this world; they had yet to make sentimental attachments or carve their nook in history.

Or, was the word-choice an absolute farce? Was this vault truly nothing more than a cage? Were they, these alleged demons, nothing more than livestock? Beasts of burden? Horses were held in stables not unlike these and they pulled plows to sow the land. With all the flowery language and honeyed words they were given, it felt more like the carrot being dangled in front of them. Except, it was not lands to be tilled, but other demons to be killed, in service of this clearly inferior species.

These thoughts, unfortunately, would get Vas nowhere. Even if there was validity to his questions, this was the path he had taken. This was the direction his life would go. All he could do now is choose how to portray himself in this life of servitude painted as a partnership.

"If I have to put on a show like the she-beast-of-flame to earn the eye of an exorcist, well then..." Vas replied, though mostly musing his thoughts aloud with an aloof demeanor as if this utterly serious and pivotal moment in his life meant nothing to him personally, "...I'd rather just give you a beautiful corpse in this cage and leave this world with that as my only creation."

Cage being a diminutive term. It wasn't completely accurate, more so a reflection of how it felt to be held within these walls. He felt lucky to have even retained his hammer.

If it wasn't clear from his wordplay, his body language would have said it all: the demon was hardly content in the Vault. Those piercing red eyes staring blankly at the ceiling. His arms crossed, hammer leaned against the same metallic wall he was leaned against. He lacked the punk pose of having one foot against the wall. Instead, both his feet were planted firmly against the ground and his weight bore down on the structure behind him. His arms crossed, fists tucked beneath each elbow. Listless as he peered upward with no concern for his environment at all. This vault seemed so senseless.

Only one of the fellow Demons seemed at all problematic. One seemed to care more about a proper source of heat. The other seemed a more refined type, less destructive in general. It seemed to Vas that half the group would have been content reading books on magic around a warm hearth. As for himself, a forge and some alone time with steel wouldn't have hurt anyone. Did they really, truly, honestly merit this vault? Did they believe a gilded cage would foster the beginning of some proper partnership?

These thoughts continued to infiltrate his mind no matter how he tried to silence them.

"Lumina, Lumina, Lumina, it is so difficult to underestimate you..." Vas announced, his tone a little more exasperated. He did have some flair for this histrionics. At least this time, he was addressing his capt--host directly. "Please tell me you brought someone that can appreciate a proper work of art," Vas went on, hoping there was someone out there who would value craftsmanship over raw brute strength. If they truly expected him to act like a beast of burden instead of an artisan, there would only be disappointment in the future for everyone involved.

Last edited:
Ains

To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour

Ains closed the book he was reading and turned his head to look upon their ever gracious host, who seemed to think the demons she had locked up in these little tin sheds were rabid animals. He didn't have a solid opinion on the human called Lumina other than that she was a psycho. Fortunately it would appear his brothers and sisters in bondage seemed not too fond of her either. Long had they all been locked away in this facility which was less than accommodating and more restraining. Ains had come willingly but never did he ever forget he was a prisoner. Resting his chin on his fist for a few moments while contemplating the situation at hand. Today would be the day would be the day he would given to a human exorcist as a partner. Although Ains would liken it more to becoming a familiar, some demons even looking down on partnered demons as human pets.

A Robin Red breast in a Cage
Puts all Heaven in a Rage
A Dove house filld with Doves & Pigeons
Shudders Hell thr' all its regions

Hearing Lumina act as if she was setting them up on playdates rather than partnership. He frowned at her assertion that Shakespeare was all he knew. Her underlings had been providing him with research material after all. If he were being less than charitable to her character. Ains could assume Shakespeare was Lumina's extent of knowledge on the arts. The bespectacled demon could only guess as to who she really was. Vas, the smith seemed to speak aloud his dissatisfaction aloud. Ains was surprised someone was actually doing so, knowing that the woman in front of them was their warden. A warden who just as easily take away her offer to let them walk free around campus just as easily as she had offered it. Ains was expecting her any moment to speak to them as if they were mindless children. Most humans viewed demons as forces of destruction or embodiments of evil. Whereas here low ranking demons like themselves were treated similarly to human children.

Each outcry of the hunted Hare
A fibre from the Brain does tear
A Skylark wounded in the wing
A Cherubim does cease to sing

-Mel Albar-​
To change oneself is to see the death of one's soul and be born anew.

It was an idea which has always made Mel uncomfortable. After all, what would she become once she discarded her current self? Why would she, when her current self has taken her so far through hardships and needs?

Do not fix what is not broken, they said.

And yet, life changes ever so. The slum where she had spent most of her childhood was nothing but a fragment of her past. No longer must she points her knife toward a passerby just to make end meet. No longer her bed reeks of the smell of rodent dung. Mel has been unshackled of her unfortunate fate. The oarfish demon which she reluctantly calls her new mother assured her so.

By every matrix, her life improved drastically. It is a fate millions would kill just for a taste of it.

It is a fate her soul is yet to ready to accept. Cruelty and resentment toward other has long been her beacon. Where mercy is treated as sign of weakness and empathy was of no value, it is only natural that one would discard such emotions from their heart. All that's left is nothing more than a hollow ship called apathy.

"Then, if given the chance, would you fill that ship of apathy with kindness, and left the beacon of cruelty for one of virtue?"

The oarfish demon once asked her that question. Mel knew what she wanted to say. It is no longer about whether she wanted to change herself, but rather about when would she take the first step.

The answer never escaped her mouth.

Her foster mother merely nodded in understanding.

"I will give you the chance. The rest is completely up to you."
-×-​
The place reeks of luxury.

Such was Mel's though when she first step into Valenheim Academy. The building was larger than any other she had ever stepped her feet into, including the headquarter of Black Ants. Its ashen, almost chalky wall makes it resemble more of a victorian mansion than an academy, further amplified by its elegantly patterned windows. The brick road leading to the main building added a sense of classicism toward the entirety of the academy.

It felt so hedonistic, Mel would've puked out of disgust if only she were not attending it.

Gazing toward the building, Mel briefly pondered about her past. When her life was nothing more than scraping from the trash cans while begging for a job with a barely adequate salary, never once crossed her mind that she would be where she is right now. She was never ready to life the live of an exorcist, but she was willing. When the oarfish demon reached out to her, she warned that the life of an exorcist is not an easy one. And yet to the young Mel, anything would be better than the slumdog life. Any suffering she'd have to face is nothing but a small price for a better life.

'Sometime I just don't think, do I,' she thought to herself before a sigh escaped from her mouth.

-×-​

Mel was somewhat less surprised when the supposed assistant of the academy brought them into a large open field. The place reminded her of a sand plain her foster mother often brought her into for practice. The difference is that this place is surrounded by a forest & metal fence marking the border of the training area. A strange metal building was erected nearby. Mel wasn't certain of what to make of that building.

When the assistant finished introducing herself as Dahlia, Mel turned her gaze toward the brunette.

"So, are we going to fight each other here or something?" Asked the redhead, her arms crossed and her face put on a facade of disinterest.

Sedilia (DEMON: Partnered with Lumina).

Sedilia had already been through the vault several dozen times. There was much labour to be done in a morning such as this one – she had supervised their delivery there, had checked that the demons involved continued to consent, and provided those tinctures that might give a less ‘human’ demon a clearer voice in the meantime – but there were less obvious tasks to be attended to as well. She had provided food to those that would take it, needed or not, handed out water and on occasion a shot of the liquor from the flask hanging at her hip for the more nervous of the lot. She had reassured the meek and chided the over-assured. They would all find themselves equal, in one way or another. They all possessed different skills that would help them find a procedurally more autonomous life.

Most demons would find a job such as this unpleasant, below them. Sedilia had volunteered. It was good, she thought, to show the young a picture of some success.

Many of these recruits were already conversational. All demons could speak to some extent, but some were more eloquent than others, and many were not required to use much speech in their prior lives. These candidates were promising. If nothing else, their removal from the horde was already a success.

The woman was in one of the larger meeting rooms in the back, the space for bonds to be made, when the doors to the vault opened. It was still a small space: without the want for wood or other flammables, most seating was set slightly into the concrete walls, but a glittering marble table with a similar bench at either side gave space for a demon and exorcist to consider one another. All pieces were intricately carved. Several candles were in the process of being lit: the smell of incense and lard began to fill the greater chamber. It was not unpleasant to any of them, but the smell was thick in the air, sour. There were three such rooms: this was the closest, and the last to be prepared. There was clothing, too: simple garments sized to those demons who already held most of their humanity, and unsized robes for those that did not. She would discuss their uniform preferences later, when such was necessary.

Door creaking, she stepped softly into the main storage facility, allowing herself a wry smile as she caught the last of Lumina’s words. These demons might find them condescending, but some regard for lesser demons as more than simple animals was more than could be expected of almost any human. There was a ringing laugh at Vas’ response–and she would have responded more jovially, if she had not caught sight of Plutoun’s form behind Lumina’s.

“The oath-rooms are ready,” she replied instead, having brutally murdered the smile creasing her lips as she turned the corner to face them. “Don’t worry–you won’t be waiting much longer.”

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Pumpkid Pumpkid

Alaska (DEMON: Student)

For once, Alaska was not cold.

She had spent most of her own morning analyzing the other demons. Two–some kind of student, and an artist by the sounds of it–nearly had the attributes of a person. She wondered if they had taken an oath before. No- the program was for demons that had not. Barring some kind of humanization beforehand–possible, from what she had been told, as part of the agreement to bring them here–they had been much more powerful than she. This stayed her tongue, and kept her silent.

Only one of them was still acting as a beast, protesting against their confinement. Alaska couldn’t understand it. This was part of their agreement: an unpleasant part, but part of an oath promised nonetheless, unless they had not yet made one to be fulfilled. Perhaps that was what made her differ from the others. She had already made a promise: to take an oath with an exorcist, in exchange for opportunity, in exchange for heat.

So far, the humans had kept up their end of the bargain.

Alaska had already spent much time in captivity and could now taste its end. She still sat short in the confinement, still chained to her true form, and responded to Lumina first by peering up at her with a thousand faces. “Of course. I hear that your houses.. Are warm.” The voice was unsettling, as if whispered by a dozen mouths at once, all individually unintelligible but together a symphony. Her brow raised at the artisan’s statement, but she did not speak to him yet. She listened to the other two. Both demons, she knew this on sight. One familiar, one new.

Her voice raised, speaking for them all with the clearest enunciation she could muster. “We… are ready. The exorcists?”

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Pumpkid Pumpkid

CBF99E41-164B-409C-B14D-D3CD8E80BE5B.jpeg Desmond Moore

Interactions: Table Table

Mentions: N/A

Desmond was nervous about this whole academy thing, wondering if some info in his file might’ve included some information about him that could let his true identity be known. If his family knew where he was, he would not hear the end of it. But for now, he was away from them, safe from their clutches. He gripped his brother’s blade. “I will find you, big brother. No matter how long it takes.” He loosened his grip on the blade. He needed to keep a cool head or else people would be suspicious of him. He took some time to collect himself and took a deep breath as he walked in the building. He looked in awe at the interior as he walked with the group. He never been in such a huge building before as most of his family were home-trained rather than going to an academy like this, so most of his life was spent at the estate. Because of his awestruck look, most people in the academy mistook him for a tourist or an outsider. He quickly noticed that he was trailing behind the group and awkwardly speedwalked to avoid anymore weird looks from people. Luckily they seemed to be going outside, away from anyone staring was, making Desmond breathe a sigh of relief. “Note to self: Don’t admire interior design unless you wanna look like an idiot.” He thought to himself as the group began walking in an open field suitable for sparring and towards a metallic building surrounded by trees. Something about it felt off, like it was meant to hide something. Whatever it is, it’s something important.

Once the group arrived at the building, the guide introduced herself as Dahlia. Before Desmond could ask a question, a red haired girl spoke up, asking Dahlia if they were going to fight each other.
“Not even 5 minutes in this academy and we already have someone wanting to start a fight. I don’t think they would pit us against each other before we even get settled here.” He retorted. “Though I do admire getting straight to the point, redhead.” He chuckled a bit. He then turned to the guide. “May I ask another question Miss Dahlia? What exactly is in this building? If you don’t mind me asking.” Desmond was hesitant asking such a question, but something about the building surrounded itself in an air of mystery that fueled his curiosity. Hopefully whatever answer he gets will be enough satisfy it.

Plouton 1.jpg
Plutoun, Demon

His pale green eyes narrowed in the direction of Sedilia, the Lady Whitlock's true soul-bound partner, as her laughter humored the desperate outcry of one of the demons. Not only did they share a Master, but also their native plane. The monochrome colors of limbo decorated her person as well as his, but it seemed she was blessed with a far wider range of emotion - and far narrower sense of loyalty. Sedilia's locks of white hair matched his own, and protected her from Plutoun's icy gaze as she made her announcements to the room from behind a freshly procured mask of dignity.

Plutoun's previously silent steps now echoed through the room as he paced over towards the glass that separated him from Viavas, the hulking lizard blacksmith, and looked him up and down. Despite his suggestion, neither whips nor flagellation nor flaying had been implemented to teach the demons their place, and the result was obvious. But humane treatment was Lady Whitlock's wishes, and so he would carry it out. He produced the clipboard from his side and made few more notes.

"That is the alternative, should you desire it." His words were matter of fact, and he kept his eyes focused on Vas' face for further signs of pathetic surrender. He'd expected more backbone from one of the Scaled Ones, but perhaps his lapses in knowledge about their culture missed the parts about biting the hand that feeds them. Then again, in spite of his flowery language, his intellect was still limited by the lack of a proper pact. "If you'll make it through the no-doubt excruciating torture of a warm bed and food on the table, there is a forge waiting for you and your future partner."

His gaze returned to the clipboard as he began walking back towards Sedilia and Lumina. The room was graced by the unholy cacophony of sounds that constituted the rabbit-abomination's voice, and Plutoun added to his notes that at least one of the Demons seemed willing to cooperate. The preparations were complete, Sedilia had reported. "Then, perhaps we should allow the Exorcists inside."

Interacted: Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Pumpkid Pumpkid Meredith Meredith

Viavas Scaliszar

"Vas"

Partner ???
Location The Vault
Status Bored, slightly insulted

"Oh, oh... Pluto, Pluto, Pluto..." Vas replied, his tone light, or as light as his current infernal form could be. He was making his effortful attempt at being whimsical, even trying to emulate how he sang Lumina's name, though this time he intentionally butchered the name of his fellow Demon.

"I do so admire you; it is so brave to care so little about the opinions of others," Vas said, allowing the sarcasm to seethe out and between his teeth. It was thick like the jungle heat, humid as if to cultivate the largest of gourmet mushrooms. There was, of course, a difference here between his comment aimed at Pluto and his original one with Lumina even if he failed to make it obvious in any meaningful way. For Lumina, it was merely meant to be a general, teasing remark... but for the little prick on the other side of the glass, there was a true inflammatory element to it.

Vas then clapped his hands together, letting them boom out about as close as they could to the white-haired Demon. It was not aggressive as much as it was intended to be annoying."Yes, yes, let's see these exorcists. If one is the key to me finally attaining a forge instead of current company, then have at it!" he half-shouted, shifting from that sarcastic tone to one with a fair amount more energy, repeating the last notion Plutuon suggested as if the idea were his own. Albeit, he did so with a slight amount more excitement, feigned though it may be, if only to contrast the monotonous nature of the Demon that first announced the idea.

He lowered his voice, as if to whisper a secret to Plutuon afterwards:

"You got me excited for a forge, but I don't know about the meals and bed--they haven't done you wonders, it seems."

Last edited:

• Lumina Whitlock
    62b184f6bc5d2b0231f8c3ab62ee9341.jpg “Still quiet, I see.” Lumina chuckles at Ain’s silence. Though, in her time of caring for the wizard, she’s come to learn he’s more of a listener, keeping reservations about what he observes. Soon, his arcane aspect might drop as the new Ains will reveal their true colors.

Lumina gasps as she feigns offense to Plutoun’s accusation. “I would never!” She dramatically puts a hand over her forehead while the other clutches her chest as though shot through the heart. “I’ve taken great care of my babies. Why would I ever try to goad them?” She boops the demon on his mask and says, “you hurt me, my dear Plutoun.” Compared to how she toys with her second partner, Plutoun remains a mystery. Given how new the contract is, she makes sure to keep her wits about him by keeping things semi-professional. To act unpredictable is survival 101. It has kept her alive so far.

Lumina waves a hand dismissively towards Plutoun’s query regarding pairs. “Yes, yes. I’ve got that covered. Not to worry about your pretty little head. My tactic for the perfect partners is flawless. I’m so proud I can’t believe the other high-grade teachers didn’t even think to apply it in the first place.” The silver-haired pulls out a five question survey. “Once I have their astrological signs I can match the Exorcists with their appropriate demon.” What was once a “brilliant idea” suddenly sounded like utter nonsense. “Okay, saying it out loud sounds preposterous, but not to worry I already have pairings in mind. The survey is just to confirm compatibility which is not so reliable.” Lumina balls the papers and discards them in the trash bin.

Viavas remark catches Lumina’s attention. Before she could respond, Plutoun clapped back with a much more sarcastic reply. It is always amusing to watch the two squabble. Viavas would agree as it seemed he takes a personal liking to busting people’s chops as a sort of entertainment. “Easy, boys. Viavas, thank you for the compliment.” Whether the reptile was complimenting or insulting did not matter to Lumina for they are merely words without action. One thing that did aggravate her was the insulting of her precious partners. Yet, Viavas was right about how Plutoun carries himself. “Plutoun’s actions speak louder than words, Vivas. He may not show emotion, but he’s caring in my eyes. Much like my sweet Sedilia, he’s constantly thinking about your well-being. He even convinced me to install a forge just for you~” She cooed. “As for your future partner, I can’t say. We’ll just have to wait and see what you’ll end up with. After all, the best prize is a surprise.”

Alaska’s comment about warm houses brought a smile to Lumina’s face for the demon was quite docile so long as heat is provided. Most assisting exorcists have voiced their concerns regarding Alaska’s voice, finding it haunting. To think something so small could scare wimpy exorcists. The thought made Lumina roll her eyes. She leans against the cage to assure the demon. “That is correct. You’ll probably have a fireplace and a comfy bed filled with blankets once a pact is made.” It’s hard to tell whether or not Alaska was excited, but her agreement on being ready says otherwise. “I’m glad you’re on board. I can’t wait to get started. Once the new recruits arrive, we can-”

Lumina turns to Sedilia who reports the beds are in order. “Very good. All that is left is…” Plutoun comments the arrival of the young Exorcists. Sure enough, Dahlia’s and the recruit’s voices ring outside of the Vault. The Dean’s smile widens with excitement. “Wonderful! It’s time to shine, everyone! Remember to behave.” She reminded. “Plutoun, Sedilia watch over them while I’m gone. It will only take a minute.” Lumina exits through the side door for her debut while Dahlia finishes up answering the students.

d8fa8ae299181533a51f008b2cc5c010.jpg It appeared as though the Exorcists were content for the moment except for the redheaded girl who questioned the sparring grounds. It only took a second before someone would ask. Thankfully it wasn’t out of her jurisdiction to respond. “That is a possibility, but you are welcome to spar against one another with consent, of course. After all, an Exorcist’s job, such as those on the front lines, their lessons will mostly take place here. It’s extremely important to learn the basics before they’re allowed on their first mission.” Dahlia puffs her chest proudly for properly informing the students. Her eyes light up to the second question by Desmond. She’s thrilled that the rookies have curious minds, eager to learn.

Dahlia looks over her shoulders, “an excellent question, Sir. This building may look like an ordinary garage, but it’s an enchanted containment unit capable of holding demons captive. We call it, “the Vault”. Currently, we don’t necessarily have any prisoners. For the moment they hold your future partners. As soon as Dean Whitlock arrives, you’ll be able to enter.” Lumina’s applause startles Dahlia. “Speak of the devil.” She grumbled then realized how loud she was. “I-I mean, there she is!”

“Great job Dahlia. Everyone, let us give her a round of applause for her first day.” She jested. “Thank you for your service. I’ll take it from here.” Dahlia salutes then exits the grounds. Lumina’s first order of business is to glance over each student at close proximity from head to toe “An interesting group we have.” She grinned. “Each one of you holds potential behind your eyes. Like a burning fire eager to come out.” She wiggles her fingers demonstrating the movement of fire. Instead, it makes her appear like a villain. “Where are my manners? My name is Lumina Whitlock. I’m the guardian of this sector and your superior. All of your lessons will be taught by yours truly. You report to me and only me. Screw the other higher-ups. Trust me.” The last bit probably sounded suspicious, regardless, Lumina’s intentions have always been good even if they are questionable. “When you applied for the program you were all given a booklet. If you read it, you’ll know it contains information about how this special organization operates along with rules, guidelines and basic information regarding demons, weapons, facilities, etc.” Lumina paces back and forth as she proceeds to lecture. “If you haven’t, don't worry. I’ll give you a recap. I understand visuals are better than a bunch of words.” She gagged, reminded of how intolerable lessons were as a kid. “Now that we have that out of the way, how about we head straight to the point? You’re all here for your own reasons. You’re ecstatic to make a pact and get things over with, right? Yes! Because behind these doors harbor the most dangerous, deviant, terrifying demons you’ll come to know. It will take someone strong to tame these creatures. I have great confidence that you guys will be able to do it.”

Lumina takes one more glance at the students. Though her character may be bizarre, she had faith in the rookies. She has to. They are the first to join her faction. She’s made a promise to change Exorcist society starting with the next generation. She has hoped everyday they will be able to persuade the organization and even the demons that nothing has to be black and white. With a flick of Lumina’s index finger, the large, double doors rise to reveal four demons in their respective containment. Lumina guides the group inside, and halts in the center where there is a perfect view of everyone. “Each of these demons have lived long and entered the mortal realm during different times, and different parts of the world. They are considered new. They require their own environment, and nourishment to survive. However, once you forge a pact they will feed off of you. You must be careful how much of your soul you give them. Once in your care, it will be your job to look after them. I’ve looked after these guys for two years. I expect you Exorcists to treat them with the same love and care as I did. That means treat them as your equal. If you can.” She smirked. The wait is finally over, it was time to grant the demons their sentience upon release and relieve herself as caretaker.

“Now then, let's place you in front of your demon, shall we?" Lumina starts directing her students to their partner."On the left, We will start with Melinda Albar. You are paired with Ains. Ains is refined demon. He takes a liking to Shakespeare. He's a calm and collected sort that will suit you perfectly, Melinda. I have no doubt you two will go well together." She informed as she releases Ains from his cage with the flick of Lumina's finger. "Next, we have Viavas. The largest demon in the group. Don't let his stature fool you. He's a big sweetheart, witty and great with his hands. He loves to craft weapons to suit your needs." Her eyes cast to Evan. "Seeing as you are skilled with two weapons, Evan Dillinger, you fit perfectly with Viavas. Careful, he gets bored easily. Do be sure to entertain him frequently." Again, she releases Viavas with a flick. At last, Lumina moves to the right. "In the first crate we have Alaska Kurota. They may seem terrifying, but I assure you they are quite docile so long as they have heat to warm their body at all times. Without it, she becomes rowdy and violent. I believe someone with a kind heart can soothe Alaska into an eternal warmth they so desire. That is why Leabeth Jenevica is the best match for her." Alaska's cage is open for her to meet her partner.

Lumina moves to the final demon in their containment. She smile apologetically toward Desmond. "This demon is by far problematic. The ones in the room are cunning and dangerous in their own right, but Pyra is straightforward, temperamental and requires a strong-willed Exorcist to steer her in the right path. From what I was told, you're a hard worker. I have no doubt that you'll be able to tame her, Desmond Moore." Lumina steps back after the first rattle in the box. She flicks her finger to unveil the demon standing inside the box.

She realized it would be best to guide the rookies on how to craft a pact. "In order to forge a pact, you will need to think up something you truly want, like a wish, a goal you wish to accomplish or a personal growth to be better. Dig deep down into your heart, hold it and offer it to the demon. You must be specific, otherwise your partner will try to find a loop-hole. Your partner will be duty-bound until your wish is fulfilled. At the same time, the lesser demons will gain sentience. They will feed on your soul in return for power, and take the form of a human. You will carry a mark on your body pertaining to their realm as a symbol of union. That symbol holds your contract. You can pull it out and read over it as many times as you want with a simple swipe of your hand. And if you’re worried about a demon ambushing you, not to worry. They cannot harm you. The consequences are too great.” Lumina nods to Plutoun and Sedilia to guide the group to their partner. Lumina stands in the back in case of an emergency. Her eyes were hyper focused on each demon, but the one that worried her the most was the beast that kept causing a commotion in their box. She would have to bind her for a pact to work.

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Meredith Meredith Table Table JuniperBoi JuniperBoi Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles

Last edited:

Evan Mulder.jpgEvan Dillinger, Exorcist

When the rest of the Exorcists started gathering around, the first comment that rang aloud seemed to be some sort of challenge. The metal of his Odachi clattered as he gripped its scabbard hard, and nervously peered through the crowd to spot the short redhead that asked the question. She looked stern and dressed strangely, perhaps owing to coming from a place that wasn't as cold as where Evan was from. Living people were scary, if fighting's where their heads first go. Evan thought this was a place of camaraderie, where Exorcists were to learn how to fight side by side! Not face to face. Well, maybe a bit of both.

Before he had the chance to ponder it further a boy nearby replied to the inquiry with much more polite tone. He also seemed really serious, but Evan figured that's something to be expected at an academy for Exorcists. Most of them were probably raised in Exorcist families where battle and loss were very real. Evan looked him over and noticed the blade on his person, to which he immediately began inching closer out of curiosity. He could feel it, there was something more to that weapon than met the eye. There were more weapons specialists here, perhaps? They could probably learn a thing or two from one another, meaning he should probably introduce himself sooner rather than later. When Dahlia began replying, he was close enough to whisper a "Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Evan. You a swordsman?" quickly, before straightening his posture as their supposed dean came out from the building in front of them.

Perhaps his extra senses picked it up before he did, because his head was held high before he actually set eyes on the white haired lady with the blood red eyes appearing behind Dahlia. Lumina exuded a powerful presence, activating some sort of primal sense of awe within him, but when she began her speech to the class she did so casually. It both steeled his resolve and solidified the expectations that were put upon them. The weight of responsibility and chains of duty that bound every Exorcist to serve humanity. He put a hand on the hilt of his blade, finding some comfort in the steel against the trials that were to come.

They were brought inside The Vault. The floor and walls looked ordinary, but according to Dahlia's description they were enhanced to stand against the Demon's might. Demons that were visible to them now. Only a couple of times while serving beneath his old master had Evan seen or battled Demons, and only the sight of the unnatural mage, the body-horror-bunny, and the large lizard made his hair stand on end; yet at the same time, it filled him with childlike amazement. One of these three - no, four, there was another one in a mysterious closed box - were going to be his future partner until one of them died. With mixture of eagerness and nervosity he awaited Ms. Whitlock's verdict.

Viavas. In spite of Lumina's warm words, he didn't feel totally assured. The creature was enormous, and as soon as its cage was unsealed Evan swallowed, but apprehensively approached with fingers wound around the scabbard of his sword. It's scales were darkened as if stained with blood. It's aggressive eyes shone red, complimenting its threatening fangs. It towered above his own stature, barely fit inside of its cage, and dwarfed the other Demons completely. Evan's nervous gaze climbed up to try to meet its eyes, then it was almost as if a switch flipped. Any doubt or worry in his face melted away as an impressed, lopsided smile took its place. "That's sick."

Though his words might've sounded like a joke, there was nothing but sincerety in his voice as Evan stretched his arms out, Odachi still clenched in his left hand. "My name is Evan, and I don't think I've ever seen a Demon of your size, mister! You gotta be, like, hella strong." He put a hand to his chin thoughtfully, and continued "So you're a craftsman, huh? Didn't know Demons did that sort of thing. Do you think you..." He trailed off as he looked down at his own two weapons, then remembered something and looked instead towards the weapon at Desmond's waist. He pointed towards it, and looked back to Viavas. "Do you think you can make something stronger than that sword?"

Pumpkid Pumpkid Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul JuniperBoi JuniperBoi

Last edited:

Viavas Scaliszar

"Vas"

Partner Evan Dillinger
Location The Vault
Status Interested

It seemed Plutuon quieted down once it came time for the Demons to meet their fated Exorcists. Almost sad as the masked man was the only one to consistently challenge the slightly sharper mind Vas seemed to possess. Had anyone spent any real amount of time with him in his current state, they would have seen through the charade. Vas was a trader at one point, after all.

Granted, given how aggressive Pyra was, it wasn't hard to come across as intellectual by contrast. She was the spitting image that most likely had when they thought Demons being destructive forces of nature. Really, she just gave them all a bad name. Alaska was little better with her fixation of warmth. Ains truly was the most agreeable of the others, likely only because of his love of the written word expanding his mind by second intention.

Nevertheless, the white haired boy in front of him was to be his partner. The one whose soul would be intertwined with his own indefinitely, or at least until one of them died. Vas had wondered what it would be like once this day came. Thus far, this was absolutely nothing like what he imagined. The world itself, the laws it operated by, and these exorcists his great lord was so interested in. If this were truly a punishment for his greed, then he had seen worse in his homeland. No, no, no, this entire world was just really weird.

With the door opening, Vas looked out of it to realize that he would still have to hunch over to exit his room. They could make him a forge, but apparently not afford him an appropriate sized cag--room for him to stay in.

He elected not to leave it. Not yet.

"Evan, was it?" Vas replied, though his question would soon be proven rhetorical. His tone was somewhat disinterested, but only because he had to take a moment to eye the sword Evan had pointed out. A realization hit him that he didn't exactly know what the sword was made from or the magic behind it. He only had a vague idea of what he could sense from it, which in and of itself didn't entirely impress him. Of course, he also wasn't yet accustomed to the nature of magic in this real yet, either. The reliability of his assessment was perhaps in question.

"I would need you to be more specific in what you mean by strength," Vas went on, quickly following up that unnecessary request to reiterate his name.

"If you mean can I make something more durable, absolutely—metals from this realm seem weaker and less magical than mine," he explained, "but if you mean to ask can I make a weapon more destructive but in same form, the answer is simple and unsatisfying: I don't know that blade can even do."

"What I can tell you is that I have crafted tools for slaughter in ways your imagination hasn't yet conceived... and if is true our minds expand when a pact is form, then the tools I can craft for you will only be that much greater," Vas said, shifting the conversation from the harsh truth that he didn't have an actual answer for the question Evans presented. Like a salesman, the trader he was, he tried to redirect the conversation away from its deficits.

"As for myself, I am Viavas Scaliszar, I am permitted to tell you that the type of Demon I am is called a Scaled One, and you may find irony in the fact I am... a smaller specimen for my realm," Vas went on, transitioning into an introduction of names just as Evan had done. The lizard demon truly was a behemoth despite his claim of being small. He repositioned his body once he turned his attention from the blade Desmond possessed to the conversation he was now having with Evan. In doing so, his sheer size did cause a stir in the air. The metal bars that confined him creaked slightly as he lifted his weight off them, which was no small feat given they were magically reinforced and capable of holding even the fire demon a stall over in her tantrums. Not that Vas could break them if he tried, but six tons of pressure was a fair amount nonetheless.

97273337816614b1a71c3ce5029c8c84.jpg

While his lizard stature was somewhat humanoid, it did differ plenty. His neck had a profound curve to it, allowing his more predator-structured lizard face to be positioned forward. His shoulders were back further in relation to his torso, and his black scales covered his body in large plates, only becoming smaller near his articulating joints. He was not just an oversized, scaled human. He did truly look like he splintered off an entirely separate evolutionary tree. Which all came to explain why his mannerisms were different. No relaxation of the arms, no crossing of them. To look down and focus on Evans, his head did not just merely tilt, but the structure of his neck moved forward so that it could curve to match a comfortable angle for his eyes. Given the difference in their height was over four foot, or that Vas wasn't far off double the height of the Exorcist, these minute physical details played a large role in their immediate interaction.

Hell, even Pulchra, which laid on the other side of the cell, was two-thirds the height of Evan, and it was intended to be a one-handed tool.

"Vas is what have taken to being called, though," he added, a simple truth. Some still called him Viavas, like Lumina, but the hard double-v of his name was apparently a task most preferred to shorten.

-Mel Albar-
Interactions: JuniperBoi JuniperBoi , Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

-×-​

Mel did not expect anyone else would respond to her question, but regardless she glanced toward the black haired man.

"Wanna spar later, then? I haven't fought seriously for a while, and a little warm up would be appreciated," Said the redhead as she smirked cockily. The smirk quickly disappeared as she turned back toward Dahlia.

After Dahlia answered her and other students' questions, the dean of the academy finally made her entrance. Mel's first impression was... to call it 'unpleasant' was a big understatement. The dean carried an authoritative, larger-than life presence, and it frightened her.

After the dean finished her speech, the door of the strange metal construction opened to reveal several demons in containment. Her eyes quickly turned toward a certain demon which the dean has choosen to be a partner. Mel found it to be quite disappointing that she didn't get to pick her partner herself, but decided to shrug it off as her hunch told her getting into trouble with the dean right now was not a good idea.

Unlike the dean, the demon before her looked much calmer. What caught her attention was the book he wield.

"William Blake, huh?" She tilted her head as she gazed toward the book before turning to meet his eyes, "can't say I'm familiar with his works, though."

For a brief moment, Mel closed her eyes. She dug deep into her mind, unveiling into her past as she tried to figure out her own desires. Two emotions immediately surfaced into her psyche, which she tried her best to hide.

The first one is regret, one born from the dirts she had stained her hand with when she was in the slum. The weight of her sins had always shackled her despite her foster mother taught her to focus toward the future. Does she deserve a better life? Does she deserve to be a better person? The question lingered on her mind and ensnared her heart with guilt.

Despite all of that, Mel is selfish enough to wish for her self-improvement.

And then there's the wrath rooted deep within her as far as she could remember. At first, those were nothing but undirected anger toward everything around her, but when she finally learned about her past from her foster mother, the anger turned into vengeance, and vengeance turned into a purpose.

It was the purpose which brought her into this place.

She opened her eyes again. What felt like several minutes to her was actually nothing but a split second. She extended her hand toward the demon before her.

"I'm Melinda Albar. Just call me Mel, Melinda is a bit mouthful and everyone I know called me so anyway. I don't expect us to get along well, let alone befriending each other, but I expect you to trust and respect me to some degree since we'll be stuck with each other for quite a while."

Ains
Mentions: Pumpkid Pumpkid Table Table

Ains quietly exited his cage, his rather tall demonic form making his captor look downright short in comparison. Times like this was where it seemed hilarious that Lumina had been able to lock up Ains considering how small and meager she appeared. Naturally Ains could tell how powerful she ACTUALLY was from a glance. He found it less troublesome if he didn't press any matter with her too far, lest she eliminate him. Ains planned on becoming strong enough to eventually kill her anyway. His goals may include damage to the human realm so it seemed inevitable that they would clash. Such a thing was less than ideal but if it served to grant him the power he needed to reach the Root, Lumina would simply have to understand. As for the matter of how he would achieve said power, his chosen partner had arrived.

She was a young female human, with a very rough air around her. He got the same kind of feeling that he did from those demons from Cryo-Blood or Dark Demise, where simply living is a testament to how much filth is on their hands. Those hands of hers were clean now but that sensation of sin wasn't completely gone. Ains was similar in that regard. Pursuit of his goals required him to lie, cheat and even murder in his efforts to reach the Root. Perhaps Lumina had developed past her singular braincell and actually did her research to partner them up. He was even surprised that she had recognized the works of William Blake. Everything was Shakespeare to Lumina, the simple minded gorilla that she was. At least gorillas could be excused for lacking understanding of the arts.

"Ains, I think you and I will get along... just fine"

The demon happily took the extended hand of his new partner, although his demonic claw was a bit bigger than he'd have liked for their first skinship. Mel Abar was already an interesting figure in Ains's eyes. Although she looked like a punk, a downright delinquent. He could see a tortured soul in her eyes. Humans had always been the type to dwell too much on matters of the past. Ains didn't know exactly WHAT her baggage was; which made it all the more enticing to see how far they would go as a pair.

Lea-cropped.jpg
LEABETH JENEVICA
character sheet
interaction: Meredith Meredith ; location: house > valenheim academy > the vault
mention: Pumpkid Pumpkid ; notes: none

As the dawn slowly glowing with hues of pink and orange, its gentle light filtered through the window, casting a soft glow into the room where Lea stood. The birds, still nestled snugly within their nests, while the sun, still hidden beneath the horizon, lingered in peaceful sleep. Despite the tranquil scene that unfolded outside, inside, Lea was already wide awake and fully prepared for the day ahead, although she hadn’t slept a wink since the previous night. With a mixture of nervous anticipation and eager excitement coursing through her veins, Lea found herself pacing back and forth in her room, occasionally swinging her sword to ease her tension. Amidst the silence that enveloped her, the only audible sound was the rhythmic ticking of the clock with each passing second feeling like an eternity as Lea anxiously awaited the start of her new journey.

Pausing her restless movements, Lea's gaze drifted to a cherished photograph encased in a beautifully crafted wooden frame, illuminated by the soft morning light. The image depicted her beloved family, frozen in a moment of happiness and togetherness. Yet, amidst the warmth of the memory, a nagging doubt crept into Lea's mind—did her family truly love her for who she was, or for her blessing? With a shake of her head, she pushed aside the negative thoughts, reminding herself that her well-being was evidence enough of their love and care.

A gentle knock then echoed through the room, signaling the arrival of a familiar presence. Turning towards the door, Lea's heart skipped a beat as Triselyan Jenevica, the esteemed exorcist whom Lea regarded as mother, entered the room. Dressed in a stunning ensemble of sleek black fabric adorned with delicate crimson accents which followed the beauty of her body line, her mother exuded an aura of elegance and dominance. Though puzzled by her mother's choice of attire for a simple drop-off at the academy, Lea understood the importance of maintaining appearances within their esteemed social circle.

"Let’s go," she said with a warm smile, gesturing for her to follow. Before closing her room, Lea stole a backward glance, her eyes meeting her mother's gaze. Behind her warmth and reassurance, there lingered a flicker of intensity, as if her gaze could penetrate the depths of Lea's soul, "I believe in you, Lea," she remarked, her words carrying both pride and expectation.

With a determined nod and a small, yet resolute smile, Lea replied, "For our family."

✦✦✦​

Once Lea reached the Valenheim Academy, she was immediately struck by the air of mystery that surrounded the prestigious institution, confirming the tales she had heard whispered in hushed tones. With a final wave goodbye to her mother, she stepped forward, anticipation coursing through her body as she crossed the threshold. Her eyes sparkled with excitement as she beheld the array of new faces milling about, all converging towards the same destination. Eagerly, she awaited the unfolding of her own story within these hallowed halls.

Arriving at an expansive open field dominated by a striking metal structure at its center, Lea's curiosity was piqued. The guide, introducing herself as Daisy, led the group forward, her explanations accompanied by a flurry of inquiries from her fellow students. Lea observed the exchange with keen interest to absorb every detail of her new surroundings. Suddenly, the lively chatter was interrupted by the arrival of a woman whose presence commanded attention—Lumina Whitlock. Like a mirror image of her mother, Lumina exuded an aura of both fragility and strength, her demeanor captivating the attention of all present. With practiced ease, she delved into an explanation of the academy's unique bonding rituals, detailing the process by which students would form pacts with demons confined within The Vault.

Lea was paired with a demon named Alaska Kurota. Though familiar with the sight of demons, Lea couldn't help but flinch slightly as she came face to face with Alaska. Their crimson eyes bore into her own, seeming to search for the warmth promised to them, while their fearsome visage hinted at a past marked by untold struggles. Steeling herself, Lea offered a smile and crouched down, meeting Alaska at eye level. "Hello, Alaska, pleasure to meet you," she greeted softly, her fingers fidgeting uncertainly as she debated whether to extend her hand. She wanted to offer Alaska not only her request for power but also her companionship and protection. Yet, her eagerness was tempered by a nagging fear of overstepping bounds—of being perceived as too familiar, too friendly.

After a brief internal struggle, Lea made her decision, she reached out both hands towards Alaska, lowering them to the ground in invitation. "Let's work together, alright?" she murmured softly.

coded by archangel_

Last edited:
CBF99E41-164B-409C-B14D-D3CD8E80BE5B.jpeg Desmond Moore

Interactions: Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Pumpkid Pumpkid

Mentions: Table Table

As Dahlia was replying to both the redhead’s and his own question, he heard a whisper to his side. He turned to see a white haired boy, roughly his age and carrying two different sized weapons. Desmond noticed that the boy was ogling at his blade before quickly returning to his original posture. The boy introduced himself as Evan, followed by asking if he was a swordsman. “Uh…well, kinda? I haven’t had any formal training in a while. I mostly train by myself.” He responded, albeit a bit hesitantly. “The name’s Desmond.” Before they could continue, the Headmaster of the academy made her entrance as she walked out of the building. Despite her immense presence, her way of speaking was unconventional for someone of her position. Listening to the speech, he surprised at the mention that they were going to forge pacts with demons. Desmond heard that such a thing was possible yet he never saw it for himself as his family were rather superstitious and thought when making a pact it gave free reins to possess and/or take someone’s soul. Although the former might hold some truth when he thought about it.

To say he wasn’t nervous about the whole ‘signing a pact with a demon’ thing would be a lie. Considering that his last encounter with a demon was…less than ideal. As he entered the vault, he felt a slight sense of dread trickling down his spine. As the other students were assigned their demon, Desmond wondered what his was going to be like. A thousand thoughts ran through his mind as it was his turn to get assigned a partner. The Headmaster stepped back from his supposed new partner’s cell which wasn’t a good sign, but it was too late to back down now. The cell opened and there he saw an eight foot tall flaming armored titan. The heat emitting from her made Desmond sweat a little, but nonetheless he stood his ground. “Pyra, I presume? It is nice to meet you. I hope this is the start of a great partnership.” He held out his hand for a handshake. “If forging a pact with a demon is what it takes to find my brother, then so be it.”

Evan Mulder.jpg
Evan Dillinger, Exorcist

"Evan, yeah. Evan Dillinger." He replied with a smile, then followed the great lizard's gaze over towards Desmond, the class favorite, and his sword. It'd been less than half an hour but he seemed have caught everyone's attention, and Evan was looking forward to a potential sparring match in the future. Everyone's attention, except the most recent addition. A stern looking, white-haired girl (a trait seemingly over-represented within the magically-inclined communities) who was currently greeting her demon like one would an animal. Apt, really. Evan looked back to Viavas quizzically. There were tinctures and magic to sedate and anthropomorphize Demons, more or less, but all the Demons he'd seen in the wild had no linguistic capabilities at all. It was fascinating what could be done.

He leaned the hilt of his sword against his shoulder as Viavas leaned forward and looked at him, and compared to the Lizard's stiff posture Evan was positively animated. Tapping his foot to some unheard beat, nodding as if to confirm each of Vas' statements, leaning his elbow against the sheath on his back, and generally providing a dichotomy to his partners stillness. He let out a short whistle at the comment about Vas being one of the shorter of his kind. "Alright then, Vas, anything that helps out in a fight, I suppose. Not entirely thrilled about the slaughtering comment, though, not going to lie." He seemed almost a little disappointed, but remained composed. "Anything else you do, were you a warrior before you were caught?"

Just as the words were spoken, a blue wisp appeared out of thin air near Evan's head, earning itself a sidelong glance from him. It hovered up to eye-level with the Demon, and drew closer to its face before a stern, old voice muttered "Subpar specimen. You could do a lot better." with tangible vitriol in his tone. Evan, with an embarrassed red tint to his check, jumped into the air and swatted his sheathed blade through the wisp, which disappeared in a puff of blue smoke only to reappear at his side when he landed again. "Ridiculous footwork." It muttered. Evan looked back at it, then up to Vas again. "I'm sorry about that, please don't mind him- I can't really... control what they act like."

Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul JuniperBoi JuniperBoi Dovinique Dovinique

Viavas Scaliszar

"Vas"

Partner Evan Dillinger
Location The Vault
Status Interested

A sting of frustration washed over Viavas. He had pride in many things, though mostly his skill and creations. However, he did have an overall sense of pride. In his home, he was far from what one would consider high on the food chain, but this wasn't his home and Evan wasn't one of his kind. Vas did, as many Demons did, see himself as superior to the little man in front of him. Not wildly so, just in the same way any moderately intelligent creature tends to value their sense of self over others. Something, something incredibly small, that Evan had said wounded the behemoth of a Demon.

T'was not the little glowing sprite and its mean-spirited comment. No, this phrase came right from the mouth of Evan himself. Worse was that he could only half-explain why it bothered him so given he was bound to avoid speaking about his home realm. That was the true source of his frustration.

"I was not caught," Vas answered, doing little to hold back his displeasure with the word choice Evan used. Hot air exhausted from his nostrils as he exhaled, as if literally venting his frustration into the air.

"There was no fight to get me here," he explained, trying to simplistically outline why he disliked the mental imagery of him being captured like live prey. "I was offered answers and eventually a forge. I would be fool to refuse such an offer from the natives of this world," Vas said, further fleshing out the situation that led to his presence here.

Of course, it could have been wildly different. He could have been a rampaging demon on the side of a volcano, spewing flames and tearing apart the igneous crag up to the lava-filled mouth he emerged from. He could have been a destructive force of nature, at least until an exorcist came to put him down. With his iron-impregnated scales, small arms or a local militia likely wouldn't have been enough.

But, a fight, it wasn't. Because a fighter, Vas was not. Not in his homeland, not here.

"I was also a trader of sorts... the furthest thing from a warrior," Vas told Evan, transitioning from the previous point he tried to clarify his stance on. "I am not concerned with your little friend, either," Vas commented, which was true. He was more upset with what Evan had said, not the little wisp-thing. "If it troublesome, perhaps I could learn to bind it to an item..." he voiced, musing on the possibilities that could spawn after their pact was made. He wasn't sure, yet; he couldn't be, given he didn't know the nature of the wisp to begin with.

"You are to slaughter demons, are you not?" Vas asked curiously, turning onto the word choice Evan picked out and his displeasure about it. It did seem both of them had chosen words the other did not like in their initial introduction, so Viavas took this final moment to explore this misunderstanding. "Is my duty not to arm you with the greatest weapons and armor feasible to hunt other demons?" he added, a redundant question, but it did convey what he felt his responsibility in their partnership would be.

Last edited:

Evan Mulder.jpg
Evan Dillinger, Exorcist
"Well pardon me, you were in a cage." Evan quietly remarked in response to the Lizard's nostrils flaring, folding his arms defiantly but with a mischievous smile on his lips. It'd seem he'd struck a nerve, but it didn't seem to bother him much. Viavas, in spite of his bulky stature or obvious disgruntlement, seemed more than a little surprisingly placid. Perhaps he valued his life and was wiser than he seemed, or perhaps he really didn't have predisposition for violence like he said. Either option was enough for surprise, but the latter was practically alien.

He was about to go on before noticing his wisp's growing indignation at Vas. He physically reached out and grabbed the wisp, shoving it deep inside his blazer to prevent it from uttering further remarks as he knew his old master was wont to do. His clothes rattled as the wisp struggled for a way out, before letting out an audible "Bah!" and dematerializing. Evan sighed, and looked back to Vas.
"I'd rather you didn't lock my friends in items, but I'm not sure it would work. The ectoplasm is only a medium for them to interact with the world, they aren't actually inside it. Kind of like a phone?" He caught himself rambling, and turned fully back towards Vas. "... It's just that slaughtering feels like the wrong word in the context, right. Feels a little arrogantly one-sided, and I've made a lot of promises not to die just yet."

He relaxed slightly and put his hand back up to his chin. "So you're not a fighter, you're a trader, and from the sound of it you're not thrilled about fighting." For the first time, Evan seemed to actually take things seriously as he pondered the situation. Despite having seemingly been given the biggest and strongest Demon in the room to partner up with, it'd seem that he'd been given one unwilling to cooperate. His evaluating eyes wandered across Vas' black scales up towards his face. He'd be playing handicapped for sure if he didn't have an ally in battle to back him up.

"... Alright, sure. Just as long as my gear's in tiptop shape, I don't mind hogging the spotlight." He scratched his nose absentmindedly. "But you better be as good as you say you are. Otherwise you gotta learn some curses or something, or I'm breaking the contract."
Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul

Pyra
Interactions: Desmond JuniperBoi JuniperBoi

7209bbab6321ada89d6f7d6e4db9ed1e.jpg'He's so puny.' Pyra thought.

All of the humans were small in comparison to her, especially the students. Pyra stares at Desmond for what felt like an hour. She would have attacked the boy at first sight, but something about him gave her flashbacks to an old friend. The boy she once shared knowledge with while admire nature. A sense of nostalgia ran through her. Why did she suddenly have to remember him? So fragile. So weak. It pissed her off just thinking about it. Her flames briefly heighten, and spark out of control. He was the reason she fell into captivity in the first place. More than that, there remains unresolved conflict within her. Her brewing anger rising and falling until Desmond offered their hand.

A partnership? Is it truly what she needs right now? Would it make a difference if she accepted? All of her worries disappear over a contract just as Lumina has foretold? To create something new and permit a chance to view things in a different perspective through the eyes of not an exorcist, but a human. The reason the boy of Pyra's past has left, and a way to get stronger. Instead of shaking Desmond's hand, Pyra leans in to sniff the man or rather scan his heat readings. She growls low. "You're weak. Too weak." She stated, turning to Lumina. "I demand a new partner. You promised someone worthy with awesome strength." Pyra steps forward only for her binds to keep her from moving.

"Desmond is worthy." Lumina chirped. Pyra clicks her tongue in distaste. "There are various ways of being strong. Desmond has incredible potential if you're willing to give him a chance. Everyone has incredible power in their own right. Desmond will surprise you. I am certain." Pyra didn't budge causing Lumina to sigh in disappointment. "He's the only option you have. Otherwise it's extermination for you." Hearing Lumina place an ultimatum on Pyra is a low. It certainly gave the demon a scare. She's come too far to give up now.

"You're a shitty exorcist, ya know that?" Lumina smiled, content to know Pyra has finally made a decision. The flaming demon shakes Desmond's hand, purposefully squeezing it tight enough to feel some kind of pain. "You better not slow me down. If you're stronger than you look, you better prove it." She threatened. "I grant you power." Pyra's hollow eyes ignite as if making a dangerous deal with the devil himself.

Last edited:
-Mel Albar-

Interaction: Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

-×-
"Glad to meet you, then."

Mel shook her to-be demon partner's hand before pulling back and put the same hand on her hip. She wasn't so sure on how to judge his character. The very few interactions she ever had with any other demon were all with her foster mother, and she recalled her saying that demons aren't necessarily following human world logic. Nevertheless, she found him to be... quite irritating, not in the sense that their personality doesn't fit well, but rather from the fact that he showed her barely anything to work with. It's almost like there is something hidden beneath his calm demeanor.

All she could tell is that he seems to love reading poem. The redhead briefly thought of gifting him some of the books she took from her home before immediately push those thoughts away, remembering those books aren't even in English.

Mel cleared her throat, focusing back to the issue at hand.

"Look, I'll make this clear. I don't really understand how this whole demon pact thingy works."

She crossed her arms, thinking of her next move. The idea of carelessly selling her soul just for a speck of extra power appalled her; disgusting, she would daresay. If this was all up to her, she'd rather abandon the idea of forging a pact with any demon at all.
Unfortunately, her hands were quite tied between her desire and her necessity.

"All I ask for you are two things: Loyalty and servitude."

Mel raised her index finger.

"For the first one, I expect you to not harm me in any shape or form, speak ill of me toward anyone else, and/or betray me in any shape or form. No ratting, no snitching, nothing of the sort."

Next, she raised her middle finger.

"As for the next one, I want you to heed and perform my order with utmost care. I do not expect a flawless track record, but I expect you to at least do your best in fulfilling my command. If for some reason you are unable to, I demand a satisfactory explanation on why."

There were some doubts within her that the oath would still put her in danger somehow. Regardless, she has made her point, and now it's up to how the demon before her would respond.

"Do you have anything to say?"

Viavas Scaliszar

"Vas"

Partner Evan Dillinger
Location The Vault
Status Curious

The contrast in size between the two was not the only stark one. Vas tended to speak slower. Not only his cadence and annunciation, but his specific choice of words. There were a great many he simply did not know yet. Evan had just now spouted plenty he had never heard before or otherwise was never given the meaning of. This only served to slow him down more as he had to try and pry understanding from the context his soon-to-be exorcist provided. It was hard for a face like his to appear quizzical, but if it could have, it would have.

"Ectoplasm. Phone. Curse." Vas said, repeating the standout words that had no definition for. It was blunt and matter-of-fact, as if just reading trivial phrases off a menial checklist. "I do not yet know these words, Evan. If need be a time I learn this curse, you should tell me what it is," Vas continued, bringing up a fairly valid point, specifically about the curses. If Evan intended for Vas to eventually supplement his skillset, the Demon would definitely need to know what the skill was to begin with. Lumina had been withholding certain bits of information to preserve the peace, which made sense all things considered.

The massive lizard finally made an adjustment to his stance. His arms shifted slightly back and his head cocked over to the size, only a few degrees off from what it originally was--but he only had so much range of moment to begin with. One would not call this lumbering form expressive.

"Yes, I would much like our battles to be a one-sided affair," Vas said, giving a simple, but clear answer as to the half-complaint Evan made about the word-choice. "Consider that I am not the warrior class. I would then prefer you to be as strong as possible with weapons that can cleave any opponent in front you in twain. It is not arrogant, it is practical," Vas explained, trying to give his reasoning form in the way of words. He did not intend to give off an aura of arrogance--at least, not in regards to slaughter--so he did wish to clarify his stance.

Vas lifted one of his hands to gesture in the direction of Pyra, whom had just growled and insulted her prospective exorcist.

"I do not call you weak nor do I want you to be. Whatever strength you have, I will temper to make stronger. My power comes in the form of what I make, and once I have a forge, I will grant you all I can," Vas told Evan, as if doubling down on the sales pitch he provided earlier. That, and more so pointing out the contrast between himself and Pyra. At the very least, Evan hadn't yet been insulted by their exchange--at least, not directly.

"It seems that now is when terms are agreed upon," Vas mentioned, referencing the fact Mel was doing the same with her demon partner.

"I was a trader in another life, so it should not be a surprise I have considered what to ask for here," Vas said, deciding to start off negotiations with his requests first. "The first is simple. Just as you would demand that I cannot harm you, I would ask that you cannot harm me. Secondly, I would ask that you could not compel me to fight against my will, outside of such situations that would cost life or limb. Lastly, as my power will be yours, so will that which I forge; I ask that you never trade or offer any item I create, repair, or enhance without a due cost," he continued, listing the requests he had considered over his time in confinement. It was clear, even with his dampened expression and muted tone, that this had been rehearsed. All that was odd came from his last request, which itself existed as a combination of his pride and greed. The Demon did not want anything he created to ever be given away freely.

Alaska (DEMON: Student)
Mentions: Pumpkid Pumpkid Prizzy Kriyze Prizzy Kriyze Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul Table Table JuniperBoi JuniperBoi Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Interacts: Dovinique Dovinique

There was some sense of tension in the room, of conflict, and this caused the demon’s ears to tilt and rivet like that of the jackrabbits so she resembled. Alaska might admit, if pressed, that she did not understand the kind of defiance that this demon of the forge displayed in the face of authority. It must have been some part of his nature—this thing that made him, as he claimed, willing to himself break free—but it was not part of her own. The inflammation swelling in the air between the two turned her mouth sour, metallic, bloody. Alaska disregarded this.

Conflict between their administrators. Gentler, more friendly, but conflict just the same. Lumina was proud of her work, as all should be. She acknowledged her compatriots, but did not only support them, acquiescing in some way to Viavas. This intrigued Alaska. Authority was not to be questioned, she believed, but here this indolence not only went unpunished, but also rewarded with additional information. Her senses sharpened as she shuffled away from the warmth, toward the bodies filling the room.

Then their eyes caught. Lumina had not been afraid when first they met, and in turn, the demon fostered neither fear nor wrath at her behest. Something in her chest hitched at the response, first—the feeling of being spoken down to that so often risked the illumination of demonic pride—but the feeling was suppressed, pushed down, delayed. it would surface later.

There was nothing concerning the pacts that she did not already know. She spent this time, instead, observing the exorcists with a myriad of eyes. A white-haired boy, sword on his belt. She watched him, and knew that he saw her and the others, his shoulders tensing nigh-imperceptivity. Their bodies fascinated her. How they tightened in violence, in fear.

Her eyes flicked away from him. Pink hair and a hat, no-nonsense, haughty, the same hard edges as the inquisitors she had seen before. A boy with short, half-shaved hair—the glint of an earring catching her eyes—sidling up to the white-haired boy also wielding blades. These two would be formidable, she thought, and doubly so If their quiet correspondence said anything about their interest in cooperation. The last that caught her notice was a girl with large, red eyes, the scarlet of freshly spilled life. Alaska’s lips pressed as the dean stepped up to the first demon’s crate.

For a moment, Alaska expected this exchange to become bloody. Ains himself was calm—paired with the pink girl, Melinda—but that did not mean that the rest would be so docile. It did not surprise her, somehow, that Viavas was intended to be with the most talkative of the group. Then Lumina stepped up to her, opened the crate. She offered the dean a smile, the teeth through her lip pulling up, spilling the smallest drops of ichor down her chin. Her long, white hair was matted, but not horrifically so. It had certainly been brushed, but not for a matter of days. There had not been much time.
Still, the demon did not step out into the corridor yet. She waited for Pyra’s cage to be sprung—expecting the room to explode into chaos—but she was bound, and she was more docile outside than in, probably from seeing the weapons held by the group. The rest of the room wasted no time in speaking to their partners. Alaska’s bloody eyes found Leabeth’s again—the same red, but hers weeping gently when she blinked, leaving pink rivets down her cheeks—and the demon watched carefully as she was approached. She took one step forward, then another, pawed feet thumping heavily against the floor. Alaska could taste the girl’s hesitation—sweet and warm.

“And you,” her voice cascaded back to her partner, a whisper and yet a thousand words, a choir heard from a block afar. The girl’s hands came down, and Alaska’s raised to meet them, black and emaciated, her fingers long, crooked, knobbed and sticklike. She took the girl’s hands in her own—squeezed them gently, as if to reassure—and slipped them back to the wrist, thumbs pressing into the pulse of her wrists. For a short moment, the demon felt the warmth, beating more quickly under her thumbs. Then, she released her wrists, seeming somewhat satisfied.

“A sword in your grasp—" she posited, though it was impossible to tell by the tone of her hallowed voice if this was a critique or a concession “—you may call that together.”
The others were bargaining, reassuring, doing their best to establish themselves to each other. She could hear this, but did not pay it much attention, except in that it made her reconsider her own response. “I am a beast,” she rasped simply, “and I require little. Warmth and light. Food that might be spared. A direction for my wrath. This is what I ask, exorcist.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back