• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Odesza

"Train 137 departing in 2 minutes!" Someone in the dense crowd yelled out, at the top of there lungs. "Did you hear that? that's us!" Zeke said to the girl beside him. Him and the girl had been small-talking for the past 20 minutes they spent waiting on the train. Zeke stood to his feet and held out his hand to help her up.

Lily perked up as she heard the call. "Train 137 departing in 2 minutes!" someone from the crowd yelled, and the guy beside her (Ezekiel, if she remembered correctly,) turned to her. "Did you hear that?" he said, standing, "That's us!" He held out his hand to her, and she took it delicately, smiling a little sheepishly. The two had been conversing while waiting on the train for about the past twenty minutes or so, and it felt good to stretch her legs.

"It feels nice to stand up again," she said softly, voicing her thoughts. "We have been sitting for so long, it feels." She raised her hands above her head and stretched, emitting a small, squeak-like grown from her lips. "Don't you feel the same?" she asked, looking at Zeke with an innocent expression similar to that of a puppy.

Zeke looked down at lily "hum?" Zeke was unable to hear her over the crowd and had just noticed the girl staring at him."We'll talk on the train..." He said , knowing she said something.Zeke then took her hand and cut through the crowd toward the train.

"Hm?" Zeke looked down at her. "We'll talk on the train," he said finally, seemingly oblivious to what she had said. He took hold of Lily's hand and began making his way through the crowd towards the train, the latter struggling to stay close and keep up. The girl's eyes widened at the sudden contact, but said nothing.

"Okay," she said finally, quietly, almost to herself. "I hope the ride is not long... I am feeling very tired of sitting..." Her delicate face scrunched into a slight frown, and she looked at Ezekiel. He probably hadn't heard her; she had a bad habit of talking too quietly. "Do you know how long the train rides for?" she asked, a bit louder, tapping him on the shoulder with her free hand.

Zeke waited to respond to the question till they got on the train. "Don't worry about that, we'll have a lot of things to keep our mind busy." Zeke searched the train for two empty seats. "There!" He mouthed out to himself, reaching for the seats."Yes!" He said a little louder, taking the seat, then putting his stuff up in the top compartment.

"Don't worry about that; we'll have a lot of things to keep our mind busy," Zeke assured her as they boarded the train. He led her to two empty seats, claiming them and putting his things in the compartment above. She reached up and tried to do the same with her small backpack, but as it happened, she was too short and couldn't reach. She paused, before settling to just holding it.

"What sort of things?" she asked, waiting for him to sit down first. "Do you mean books?" She liked reading. "Or do you mean speaking...?" That probably would make more sense. Not as many people valued literature as she did.

"I don't know exactly,but I heard this train is full of fun stuff" without thinking, Zeke gently took the bag from her hands, put it in the compartment and closed it. "I mean,even if that wasn't true... I still got a ton stuff in my bag, like a 'Pai sho board', a 'Dino cube', a 'shi- " Zeke's endless list was interrupted by the crackling intercom "please take a seat as we depart from new Marris city." The announcer said putting emphasis on the end part.

"I don't know exactly," Zeke admitted, "but I heard this train is full of fun stuff." Lily smiled a little. Before she could ask, "Like what?" he continued. "I mean, even if that wasn't true," he said, taking her backpack and putting it in the overhead compartment, much to the girl's surprise, "I still got a ton stuff in my bag, like a 'Pai Sho Board', a 'Dino Cube', a 'Shi-" Before he could finish or allow Lily to ask what any of that stuff even was, the intercom crackled to life.

"Please, take a seat as we depart from New Marris City." Lily looked over at her new friend, smiling a little in excitement and also anxiety. "Should we sit?" she asked, pointing at one of the seats.

"Yeah..." Zeke hated the fact that they were restrained to their seats. Zeke sat down calmly. Soon the train began to move, jolting everyones' heads back and forth. "woah!" Zeke called out almost getting thrown to the floor. The faster the train moved the less bumpy it got. Once the train got to full speed the intercom crackled again "ladies and gentlemen you can now roam freely."

"Yeah..." Zeke muttered, before taking a seat. Lily followed suit, giving him a small smile and a cheery thumbs-up. As the train began to move, it jerked back and forth. "Whoa!" Zeke cried, almost falling out of his seat and onto the floor. Lily clutched the armrests as if her life depended on it, squeezing her eyes shut. As the speed of the train increased, slowly the ride became less and less bumpy.

Finally, the intercom spoke again. "Ladies and gentlemen," it said, "You can now roam freely." Lily looked over at Zeke, waiting expectantly for him to move. If he got up, she would, and if he didn't... well, then she wouldn't. "That was very... intense." Lily said quietly, pausing to find the right word. "Don't you agree?"

"Wasn't all that bad... I've seen worse." Zeke said before standing up and stretching. "Now how about some Pai Sho?" Zeke asked, already digging in his compartment for the game he loved so much. He then

the chair in front of him,put down the fold out table and put down the game. "There!" Zeke satisfied with himself, he set up the game

"Wasn't all that bad... I've seen worse," Zeke admitted, before standing up. Lily tensed a little, not sure if he was going to leave or not. "Now, how about some Pai Sho?" the boy asked, before reaching into the overhead compartment, and pulling out what she figured was the game. Zeke rotated the chair, before setting out a fold-out table, and putting the game down/together.

"There!" Zeke beamed proudly, satisfied with his work. "...What is it?" Lily asked, examining the game. "How do you play?" She had never played this game before, nor even heard of it prior to now.

"You've never played 'Pai Sho'?!" Zeke said in shock. He waited a second before realizing how much sense the question made. "Well, then again you aren't from 'ba sing se'" Zeke rolled his eyes casually.(-n-)

"You've never played 'Pai Sho'?!" Zeke cried, looking shocked. Lily shook her head. "Well, then again," Zeke retaliated, "You aren't from 'Ba Sing Se'..." Lily perked up. "Ba Sing Se?" she repeated. "I know about Ba Sing Se." She smiled. "I have never been there, though I do have some knowledge on it." She looked at the game again, tilting her head and squinting in examination.

"...But I have never heard of... 'Pai Sho'..." She paused before attempting to say the title of the game, trying to work it out in her head before trying aloud. "Is it popular in Ba Sing Se? Are you from there?" She giggled.

((That Last Airbender reference though xD ))

( xD I made it really obvious...( :P )) "popular...? Popular!?!? The game originated there!" Zeke began to freak out, throughing his hands every which way.(hey, btw, where you looking up the game...?(>u>))

"Popular...? Popular..?! The game originated there!" Zeke cried, his hands spazzing about like he was being electrocuted. Lily merely sat, completely still, just watching him. "I see," she said finally. "That makes sense." She looked at the game again. "You... enjoy it, then? It is enjoyable?" She tilted her head again, trying to figure out how it worked before he told her.

"Is it hard? How do you play?" She looked back up at him expectantly, folded hands resting in her lap, her eyes filled curiosity and innocence.

((Was I looking up the game? No, I actually don't remember ever hearing about it... ( O.o ) Was it in the show? I don't remember ever hearing it mentioned... but then, I haven't watched it in a while...(' :) ) I need to though))

From there Zeke explained the game in precise detail. "first you- ,then you- ,and at that point-" he went on and on. By time he was finished an hour had passed. "Well, that's basically the basics..." Zeke got up to stretch again. "ready to get beat again?" Zeke said cockally.

(( there was a whole episode on the game around season three( -_- ")))

Lily listened as Zeke explained the rules of the game, nodding in understanding every so often. It went on for about an hour, and Lily had practically drifted off into her own world before she heard him finish. "Well," he said, getting up and stretching again, "That's basically the basics..." She smiled at him politely, unmoving. "Ready to get beat again?" the guy smirked.

"Again?" Lily repeated. "I have not played before." She gave him a confused look. "How can I be beat again if I have not been beaten once? That being said, if I have never been beaten, does that make me the best player?" She trailed off, mostly talking to herself. She stared at the board, lost in her own thoughts and seemingly in a trance.

((Oh gosh it's been so long (' :| ) Was that the White Lotus thing?? That's the only thing I can think of agghhh idkkk I'm trash ))

" well in a sense yes, wait but that- Never mind that!" Zeke burst out with a feeling of both rage and confusment. "Just make your move." Zeke scwinted at her and pointed to the board.

( oh my god...you don't need to know all that... (BP))

"Well, in a sense, yes... wait, but that-- never mind that!" Zeke stammered, seemingly confused and annoyed. "Just make your move." He squinted at her, pointing to the board. Lily swallowed. She hadn't meant to make him upset... and she didn't like when people yelled at her. She really didn't even want to play, or at least, not anymore. But she had a feeling if she said so, he would get even more frustrated.

So she nodded, biting her lip and trying to focus on the game. She pondered her choices for a few moments, before making her move. She didn't look up at Zeke. She simply stared down at her clasped hands as they rested comfortably in her lap, silent.

((...Sorry I am just really stressed lately and I am feeling very confused and out of sorts atm so pls forgive me (' :| )(' :| )))

Zeke smiled at the which of her move and quickly made his..."There...that's more like it," he smiled again. Zeke naturally looked over to lily, searching for her reaction, but there wasn't one. She just sat there staring at the board.

"Umm...lily,Are you ok?" He frowned.

"There," Zeke grinned, after taking his own turn, "That's more like it." Lily vaguely felt his gaze drift to her, and she didn't move. She slowly nudged a piece, before hearing him speak again. "Umm..." he frowned, "Lily, are you okay?" The girl's head shot up quickly, followed by a single nod. Her eyes were alert, and she offered a smile (albeit it was a little forced).

"I am fine," she insisted. "I believe it is your turn again." She looked away as quickly as she had looked up, readjusting her gaze back to the game board. "Are you having fun?" she asked simply.

"Yeah......" Zeke stared at her blankly."you don't seem like your having fun, we can do something else if you'd like." He said, grabbing the box off the floor and motioning to the pieces on the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back