• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Odd-Pairing

Katherine stood in her yard, watching as some of the workers, who she hired, to help unload the moving truck and place the boxes in the correct places. She was moving here since her job got placed here, so she decided to follow it. It seemed like a lovely little community she choose for her house, by the looks she saw. Katherine re-adjusted the black beany that was on her head so it wouldn't fall off before placing her hands back into her navy blue jacket. It was around fall closer to winter and it was already getting colder out. She watched as the workers finally finished up and left, she then glanced around at the other neighbors houses before starting her way inside slowly.

Ida let his bike glide down the road, giving himself a break as his house came into view. He'd been at a meeting for his own job and had been there for a bit, certainly long enough that he couldn't recall a large moving truck being there when he left. He scraped his gleaming black dress shoes on the sidewalk while simultaneously putting on the brakes so he could stop himself faster and dismounted, looking the scene in front of him over. Was someone moving in? Wait wait, he could remember something about that, his sister was talking about it with another neighbor, that was apparently the case. Walking his bike across the driveway and into the gaping open garage, he used a hand to yank off the dull navy tie he'd had around his neck, feeling a bit choked by it. Well, looks like he'd be dropping by to meet someone that day, wouldn't he?

After walking inside her new home she shut and locked the door behind her. Starting to unpack some of her stuff in the living room. It was a new town, new beginnings. With her job being moved here she need to come up with a cover one. For the one she actually worked at is one humans wouldn't know and aren't allowed to know about. 'Hmmm...what's believe able though be one to pass off easy and not get worried about being caught' she thought to herself working along. Till she came up with an idea, maybe a Detective, which was half way true. In a way she wouldn't be lying. She finally settled on that before heading to the kitchen getting a glass of water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ida headed inside, kicking his shoes off by the door, and up to his room. The sounds of metal grinding against metal were sounding from his sister's room. She seemed to be deep into her own work, so he wouldn't bother her until later. He changed from the stiff starched dress shirt and nice and neat black dress pants he'd been wearing to a kind of baggy sweater and jeans before going to the kitchen to rummage around for an appropriate gift to bring to the new people next door. Settling on a decorated tin of cookies, he yanked them from the cabinet and started heading next door, stomping on a pair of sneakers before doing so. He stopped in front of the door, knocked, and waited patiently for a response. Hopefully this isn't too soon, he said mentally.

(Sorry, this will have to be my last for now. I'm just about asleep right now.)

After getting a drink of water and unpacking some items in the kitchen, she hard a knock on the door. She wondered who it was, so she set her glass down before heading to the front door and opened it. Katherine looked to the person who was standing in front of her. "Hi," She says giving a smile to the person, not knowing who they were exactly.

Ida straightened his stance when the door opened, his eyes landing on a young woman about his age. "Hey there," he greeted, giving a small, polite smile. He jerked his elbow in the direction of his hose as he continued, "I'm from the next house over, so I figured I might as well come and introduce myself before the welcome wagon comes and bombards you with the giant pastry basket that they give to everyone." He held the tin out and added, "I suppose this won't be helping much with that future sweet overload, but here."

Kathrine looked to the house he pointed out with his elbow, before looking back to him. Keeping her friendly smile, giving a nod as he spoke. Glancing to the offering he had given her, "Thank you, though you didn't have to give this to me." she says, taking it lightly from him. Before introducing herself officially. "I'm Kathrine, your name is?" she asked looking up at the young man who seemed to be around her age.

"I'm Ida," he replied, "Nice to meet you. It's fine by the way, you can do what you like with it." He stood in awkward silence for a moment before asking, "So, did you move here on your own or with someone else?" He couldn't remember much about the gossip that was going around other than the fact someone was moving in, so he didn't even know if he'd be seeing some more kids run or what. Not that he'd mind, as long as he didn't have to deal with any issues caused by them.

(Be back in a bit.)

"Nice to meet you too, Ida." She said giving a light nod. Feeling the awkward silence settle in for a few moments before he spoke again. "I moved here by myself. No one else with me." Kathrine answered, moving some of her brown hair out of her face that had fallen into her sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back