• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern OC Superhero Universe

HotshotXXV

My first name is Agent.
Would anyone be interested/have a good OC superhero universe? No connections to DC/Marvel/Other canon, but completely "original".

Lots of opportunities for building lore, tech, world building, etc.

- Agent Phil

Great! I'm thinking it would be advanced lit. You all down with that? Feel free to post ideas, I can guide the discussion.

I'm definitely down for advanced lit.

What types of settings are on the table? I'm thinking modern, if not slightly futuristic? Maybe certain people have powers that help them create better technology than in our world.

Yeah, basically around modern day comic world. But we can also have past/future roleplays set in the same universe, as long as we tie it all together. I like that idea.

What type of powers or heros were we thinking? Standard comic book reasons like radioactive spider bites, alien influence..

Or more like anime where it’s just established in the world “yea people have powers”

I think that we could come up with basic reasons as to why people have powers. Could be genetic, scientific, etc.

I like the idea of multiple sources! Say, maybe someone's powers are because of genetics while others have psychic abilities that are because of an abnormality in the mind. Maybe some could have powers that stem from nature, or outer space or something. Anything to avoid explaining things with "Because, magic!"

Spider bites are a terrible way to get a power...
I’m tossing up between being struck by lightning in a odd scenario,
Or
Sexually transmitted superpowers. Banged a alien or accidentally slept naked with a artefact

You can suddenly imagine the sounds of blowing trumpets as a distant, Gold-suited, Blue-caped figure approaches from the sky!

It's a bird! ( It's a plane! )

No! It's Illie-Gal, and she's completely insane!

" HAH! I knew I sensed trouble afoot!"

With a face like Gold and a nose full of crack, Illie-gal commenced a gale-force attack!

She put her firsts forward and continued to fly, at a very fast speed, towards Katashi guy!

But she saw the Ice rise just a little too late, and crammed her face to the wall like cheese on a grate!

The pain was immence, you could tell by her shriek, although she could fly, she was physically weak!

She fell to the ground like snow on a matt, making a noise, not unlike a splat!

It was in that moment Illie-gal knew, her apparent victory just would not ensue- She took to the air, or so she tries, not wanting to be there when everyone dies!

Someone can steal that if they want.

I'll try one from Katashi Guy's POV!

Robbing a bank was simply too lame, and kidnapping children was none but too tame. The bigger crimes were what he desired, like murder, grand theft, and setting buildings on fire.

Scratching his head and adjusting his mask, Katashi Guy found something at last.

A nice wooden house with a balcony and pool. Burning it all would be just so cool!

Taking his tools out with precision and speed, he was interrupted by a warning to heed!

With the tank in his hand and in his other, a lighter, a whistling in the air came from a flying fighter!

It was Illie-gal, the crack-snorting Golden chick! Katashi guy flipped her the bird, shouting "Go away bitch! Suck my...dic-uuh...ass."

With a crack and a whoosh, he used his power. A stomp on the ground generated a frozen tower.

It threw her off balance! It knocked her into the wall! The pillar of ice had made Illie-gal fall!

With a scream so intense and a crack as she fell, Katashi guy smirked and said "I presume you are doing quite well?"

But wait, her attack did not just end yet. No, the Golden girl won't stop 'till her needs were met!

Katashi grumbled and rolled his eyes. Determined heroes, were all he despised.

He tossed aside the lighter and flamethrower tank, just to make sure he wouldn't be flanked.

Before he rushed forward to finish the deed, he questioned, "Illie-gal! Where do you get those drugs that you need?"

Last edited:
If this takes off, and develops a bit further - I would definitely be in. Hmmm.... original character origins... something new. And fresh. I will need to think of something in the meantime.

Ok, ok, so I just thought of a great origins plot, how about the police in a small town was hit with such terrible budget cuts that the majority of the police force was laid off, and in an act of rebellion and frustration people who's livelihoods were corrupted by the nefarious activity started their own resistance movement where they take advantage of the law enforcement's negligent presence to fight back on their own terms-

Something of that nature I think would be pretty cool and come up with some interesting down-to-Earth, but also extravagantly weird because they mentally snapped characters.

But because they don't want to be personally reported to the authorities when their acts go too far and because it makes them feel stronger in life-threatening situations they're encouraged to have superhero personas.

I'm interested in this. Any idea about what the general tone will be? Hardly want to be the person that brings an edgy character to a lighthearted thing or vice versa.

I'm interested in this. Any idea about what the general tone will be? Hardly want to be the person that brings an edgy character to a lighthearted thing or vice versa.

From what I can tell, the setting may have elements of both, leaning toward a more serious tone and grounded story-line. But we're still discussion, so I'd stick around ^-^

If a 40 year old farmer calling himself "Uncle Slam" dressed in Blue and White Neon-colored Spandex ran to apprehend a poacher trespassing onto his land, what kind of tone would you imagine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back