Experiences OC Pet Peeves

Also, I need to figure out how to share a bio of her on this sight. I’d love to do that at some point.

There's definitely places to ask for character critique. I prefer to share all my sheets via Google Docs. I just turn on link sharing and grant anyone with the link the ability to view it!

I HATE players that use serious mental health issues as some cute little quirk to make their character zany or quirky. Like excuse use bipolar disorder, social anxiety, etc. aren't props to make your character more interesting. It makes both you and them come across like insensitive pricks.
OH MY GOD. People need to do research if they're going to have a character that has mental health issues. Some people say their character has bipolar disorder and then their character is all up and down in moods and I'm just like
that's not how that mental disorder works-

OH MY GOD. People need to do research if they're going to have a character that has mental health issues. Some people say their character has bipolar disorder and then their character is all up and down in moods and I'm just like
Exactly. I’ve seen this so many times and it’s annoying

Don’t forget the one whose a psychopath who goes all “rawr I’m so random. Yet I also try to come across as a sweet misunderstood cinnamon roll” while killing 20 people with their SiCk knife skills and playing with their bLoOd.

Don’t forget the one whose a psychopath who goes all “rawr I’m so random. Yet I also try to come across as a sweet misunderstood cinnamon roll” while killing 20 people with their SiCk knife skills and playing with their bLoOd.
That actually happens?

That actually happens?
Happened to me a few times. One time I was trying to do a roleplay, where I played as the detective or something. The serial killer made me cringe pretty hard, it was a 16 year old girl who had a morbid fascination with blood and described herself murdering three people out of “boredom”, when finally confronted she started sobbing about her tragic backstory 101.

Reasoning? “Well she’s a psychopath”

Edit: sorry, hit post reply by accident

Happened to me a few times. One time I was trying to do a roleplay, where I played as the detective or something. The serial killer made me cringe pretty hard, it was a 16 year old girl who had a morbid fascination with blood and described herself murdering three people out of “boredom”, when finally confronted she started sobbing about her tragic backstory 101.

Reasoning? “Well she’s a psychopath”

Edit: sorry, hit post reply by accident

I mean the sad thing is that sounds so close to being a decent character. If they just committed to their character being unlikable and someone who do devalues human life that boredom was an acceptable reason for what they did. And to be just manipulative enough to attempt to win sympathy by crying and wailing about their oh so tough life.

The problem is the players can’t commit to their precious creations being disliked

Funny how they always pick female serial killers even though a majority of serial killers are male.

Also I hate the 16-year-old girl physopath. Because it’s always just her stabbing shit, laughing maniacally, thinking she’s untouchable, and, the worst offense, actually thinking she’s “unpredictable” when in actuality all she does is stab shit!

Also to avoid misrepresenting mental health issue. I always go with just insane. This allows me more flexibility with the character.

And physicopaths aren’t all killers. Nor are they really emotional. Sociopaths are the emotional ones, at least I think so.

I honestly prefer playing the sociopath. Sociopaths at least can make some human connections and have some empathy, even if it’s limited.

I hate when people romanticize suicide or self harm. Like damn you never know what people are dealing with behind their characters.

>OCs that are a bit too antisocial and complains that no one interacts with them and leaves.
>OCs that have a bio or a unique feature that is somehow unrealistic and not well developed.
>Getting my OC rejected just because she had big breasts (yes that happened on this site).
>Getting my character sheet stolen, but change the image, name, age, height, but leave appearances and tries to one up the character (yes that happened as well when I was a GM of a RP.
>Canon characters that are played out horribly.

I have more but I'll spare everyone today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back