• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Obsidian Blade

Satanic Nightjar

reach for the stars and don't settle for the moon
OBSIDIAN BLADE
The world of Astressium has descended into chaos; the four clans divided among themselves. Limited resources and difficult living circumstances have driven many to insanity, and there are hundreds of rebel groups that the majority of their population turn a blind eye to. They provide security and eliminate rival clans, undertaking many of the inevitable battles before the clan authorities are forced to intervene. But they are unimportant in the more large-scale interactions, battles that could decide the future of Astressium.

Each month, the emperor donates living necessities to the clans, leaving to them to distribute the goods. After years of bloody conflict and unresolved disagreements, it is decided that upon the arrival of the supplies, one clan alone will receive the gifts. Five warriors belonging to each of the four clans are chosen to participate, and are thrown into an unwelcoming, enclosed environment to battle to the death.

f2bda168a36f353823070d0c0c3cc855.jpg

Hey, guys, and welcome to my first fantasy roleplay! ^_^ I hope you're willing to give it a chance, I know it's not the best but I'm still fairly new to RPNation and completely inexperienced in fantasy roleplay.

I was hoping to have some supernatural/magical elements to the RP, but it's not required. Also a romance subplot is completely welcome :) Feel free to message me with your ideas!

A maximum of 20 players, though if you want to play an additional side character that isn't deeply involved, feel free. 7/20 roles taken.

Last edited:
Hello! I'm an experienced roleplayer here on RPN, so I have a couple questions for you:

1. How strict will you be in regard to grammar/spelling/punctuation?
2. What will your preference be for length? Ex.: Simple (a mere few sentences), Casual (a paragraph or so), or Detailed (multiple paragraphs)?
3. Lastly, this concept seems more Colosseum-type, rather than regular RP, if it's going to be centered around combat. Will there be more to your roleplay aside from fighting?

Hello! I'm an experienced roleplayer here on RPN, so I have a couple questions for you:

1. How strict will you be in regard to grammar/spelling/punctuation?
2. What will your preference be for length? Ex.: Simple (a mere few sentences), Casual (a paragraph or so), or Detailed (multiple paragraphs)?
3. Lastly, this concept seems more Colosseum-type, rather than regular RP, if it's going to be centered around combat. Will there be more to your roleplay aside from fighting?
Hey!

1. I would prefer anyone joining the roleplay to have fairly good grammar. The occasional mistake is perfectly fine, as long as it doesn't dramatically affect their writing.
2. Casual/Detailed, depending. Whatever the situation calls for, however I don't appreciate 1-liners.
3. While there will be plenty of combat scenes, I was looking to have more than just fighting in the roleplay.

Hope this helped ^_^

So I would be interested but I have a few questions:

1. Can people use magic and if yes how would it work, like with mana that you could train to have more or with limited uses per day

2. How is the death of a character handled, do they just get a few scars or are they going to die for real and the player needs to make a new char?

3. Are there only human characters or fantasy chars as well?

So I would be interested but I have a few questions:

1. Can people use magic and if yes how would it work, like with mana that you could train to have more or with limited uses per day

2. How is the death of a character handled, do they just get a few scars or are they going to die for real and the player needs to make a new char?

3. Are there only human characters or fantasy chars as well?
Okay, great, I'll do my best to answer :)

1. Yes, but it's limited in its power. Nearly everyone has the ability to do certain things, but hardly anyone is allowed to use it. A select few are permitted to train with it and it may prove useful in the arena.

2. I hadn't actually considered it, I would say NPCs can die but in the case of a real character dying I would say its up to whoever killed them if they survive or not and the severity of their injuries.

3. Just human characters battle in the arena, but if you want to incorporate some non-human side characters, that's fine.

I'm interested but I do have a question beforehand. You mention a maximum of 20 roles, I assume this means 20 players. We'll all be playing characters that would participate in the arena, correct? At least, that will be the main focus I'm guessing. Either way, you can add me to the list!

I'm interested but I do have a question beforehand. You mention a maximum of 20 roles, I assume this means 20 players. We'll all be playing characters that would participate in the arena, correct? At least, that will be the main focus I'm guessing. Either way, you can add me to the list!
Yes, it means 20 players, however if I don't get that many taking multiple roles is allowed. And yes, that is correct.

Hey!

1. I would prefer anyone joining the roleplay to have fairly good grammar. The occasional mistake is perfectly fine, as long as it doesn't dramatically affect their writing.
2. Casual/Detailed, depending. Whatever the situation calls for, however I don't appreciate 1-liners.
3. While there will be plenty of combat scenes, I was looking to have more than just fighting in the roleplay.

Hope this helped ^_^
You did help, indeed. I've been meaning to get back into roleplaying, so I think this would be a wonderful place to start. Count me in. If you ever need any assistance, let me know. ^^ I enjoy coding and have GMed/Co-GMed in the past. <3

You did help, indeed. I've been meaning to get back into roleplaying, so I think this would be a wonderful place to start. Count me in. If you ever need any assistance, let me know. ^^ I enjoy coding and have GMed/Co-GMed in the past. <3
Great! I'll add you to the list and let you know when the thread is up. Thanks!

I forgot to say it, I would also partake in this RP and will be more then happy to help in anyway possibly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back