• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Object Head Café

Fairbanks

you people make me violent (inactive)
The Saturday afternoon sun streamed through the café's windows, highlighting the hints of dusts on each slat of the blinds. A heavy scent of coffee and fresh muffins filled the inside, it seemed to match just right with the bright red seating and cream coloured walls.

Two teacup heads sat playing cards at one booth, they were the twins of the family silently waiting for a customer to walk through the doors. Once that bell chimed, they were up and taking orders faster than anybody. Even though these two were always working, the eldest daughter never seemed to be around.

Carol was wiping tables down and fixing napkin holders to just the right angle while also waiting for a customer. She was humming in happiness as usual, nothing was better than spending time at her family business.

Last edited by a moderator:
The tiny bell hanging over the front door chimed when a pair of brown slacks walked into the café. Benedict gently clinked his cast iron against the ceramic of his wife, a kiss. "Hullo, my love."

His eggs and bacon sizzled proudly as he showed her a basket of mushrooms and herbs he had just finished gathering. None of them looked edible. "What do you think about these? I found them growing in the backyard."

Last edited by a moderator:
Carol laughed a bit and traced a delicate finger across the handle of his frying pan. "Nice to finally see you this afternoon." She set down a rag on a nearby table, then looking down at what he had gathered.

"They're very....exotic, dear. I take it you'll be using them today?" Stifling a small nervous laugh, she picked one up of the mushrooms and examined it while trying not to touch it as much as possible.

The little bell let out another chime when a short young lady shuffled in, tightly grasping her book as she went to sit near the back of the cafe. After ruffling up her dress and quickly polishing her key head, she started reading her book. Avain picked a good spot to sit, as the light filtering through the windows glimmered across the giant key upon her shoulders, and wasn't too bright that she couldn't see the small novel print. Every so often, she glanced up at the odd couple. She wondered why that old man had a..face? Didn't that stuff only exist in movies and stuff?

The smell of coffee and muffins made Avain realize how hungry she was..

"Hey! Umm.. Hello? Miss?" She called out to the teapot head.

Her attention shifted from her husband, waving him off as the customer called out for her. Carol grabbed her rag and walked over, taking a small notebook and pen out of her apron pocket. "How can I help you dear?"

Yet another came through the door, this time the bell chiming more quietly than the last two. A square head that displayed vitals poked around the door. She had never been here before and was unsure whether it was somewhere she'd want to be. Once she got a good sight, Emeline walked through and took a seat near a window, placing her bag down next to her.

"Could I have a...." Avain squinted to read the menu upon the wall near the cash register. "Shit, I can't see.. Um... Extra large black coffee and a raisin bran muffin?"

The woman just stepping in the cafe caught her attention. Avain always admired those with monitor heads.. Her heart beat just a little bit faster when the lady sat a few booths in front of her. "God dammit. I guess it's okay to think people are pretty and all but...please Avain.. I need to stick to my fictional boys." The girl thought.

With a subtle yawn-of which sounded somewhat like dial up-Elmer Scansworth scuffled through the doorway, enjoying the familiar tingling of the bell above his head. Lifting his cane up so as not to mark the floor, he smiled pleasantly to the owners of the cafe, and then to the customer. It was quiet this afternoon, it seemed, with only the few persons inside the comfortably sized hang-out. No doubt, within the next few hours, that'd change. Until then, however, Elmer was looking forward to some peace, and perhaps a nice conversation with this young woman ordering his usual.

'Good day, Mrs. Smith, Mr. Smith. I'll have what she's having, please,' he signaled to the girl ordering.

Carol chuckled lightly while writing down her order, she was about to speak when another walked through the door, earning Elmer an excited wave. "Of course you two, I'll be right back!" She walked towards a set of low swinging doors that led to the kitchen. The scent of fresh brewing coffee started to linger strongly while grabbing the things for the two. The twins picked up their cards and ran off toward the back to grab trays.

On the other side of the café, Emeline adjusted the bow that tied her cables and glanced at the menu. She had never been one much for coffee so maybe she'd give it another chance today..

Elmer took in a deep breath of the strong aroma that wafted about in the air. Complimented by the fresh scent of the outside world through the various open windows, it was a pleasant way to awaken the senses.

He turned on his heels, coat ruffling a bit, and he gently tapped his cane against the wooden floor. "Hello, ma'am, I don't believe we've met before. The name's Elmer, if you like," he grinned so that the bars of his head curved upwards welcomingly. The woman had a shiny appearance, well kempt, not unlike himself. She appeared friendly enough.

Avain smiled at the waitress as she left and continued reading her short novel, completely disregarding the fact that someone had sat in front of her. With only a few sentences in, the tap of the man's cane startled her, breaking her concentration.

"Hello.. I'm Avain. I like your barcode head. It's pretty cool. I wonder, have you ever scanned it?" She giggled, taking a quick study of the young man. He had an aura of welcoming and kindness, which seems like a recurring theme in this cafe. The girl had a good feeling about him.

Sitting himself across from Avain, as she told him that was her name, he pleasantly smiled at her joke. 'Alas, I haven't personally. Though at the airport last year it made their metal detector go crazy,' he replied, still somewhat confused how a barcode could make a metal detector set off. 'That'd been a bit frustrating, getting felt up in front of hundreds.' Elmer chuckled in a bubbly way, though inside he was more interested in learning about her than giving bits of himself away.

'So, might I ask, Avain, if this is your first time here at the cafe?'
He took a moment to observe the girl and her well structured posture. She sat like a proper lady, and he found that she, too, had a kind aura about her. It seemed the cafe attracted kindly persons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back