• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝑶 𝑨 𝑲 𝑾 𝑶 𝑶 𝑫

the lotus eater

a plume of crimson smoke
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
𝑶 𝑨 𝑲 𝑾 𝑶 𝑶 𝑫

CED142FC-BC2A-41A3-8401-25D1D7D99010.png

𝙲 𝙻 𝙰 𝚂 𝚂 𝙸 𝙵 𝙸 𝙴 𝙳

The clock was ticking, echoing from the walls of the quiet room. Nobody else was awake unless they had just gotten back from a night out. It was five in the morning, or around that time, and Damian was sat on the edge of his bed, only clad in his trousers from the previous day. Usually he was very precautious about changing his attire, which was strange, but he just put it down to blacking out. A more regular than not occurrence. And something he should’ve probably got checked out a long tome ago, but never found the time of care to do.
It was grey, the outcast sky seeping through his thin curtains and into the room. He liked mornings. Nobody else was around. It’s why he woke up so early, sometimes even half four. It was an on tidbit, but he didn’t care for opinions. And it wasn’t as if anybody else knew. He get up, get changed, read, pack, every morning like clockwork. When he was alone you could call him rather robotic, but he always masked this side of himself around people.

Another thing about waking up early was watching the sunrise, which he got much more satisfaction out of seeing than the sun setting. It was a beautiful sight, and something he could see occurring when he glanced into the mirror oppsite his window. He peeled them open and knelt on his bed, looking out of the window. He’d seen it over a thousand times most likely, but there was still some beauty in it. He hardly tired of natural beauty, which couldn’t be said for human beauty. He tired so easily of people.

x

It was not what he called the ungodly hour. Mostly because he could hear the footsteps of his housemates and the loud clattering of their dishes as they tried to make breakfast before heading to the university. He rolled his eyes, slipping on his shoes and putting a forgotten book into his bag. Damian actually liked most of the people in his house, but they did piss him off. Not that he told them. He liked to keep up appearances and whenever he was in their presence, would plaster on a grin and come out with some half assed inside joke.

Before leaving his room, he stared at himself in the mirror for a few seconds, making sure his hair was neat and outfit was on par with what he usually wore. Some would call it superficial, but he just thought of it as blending in.

And then he was gone, waiting at the kitchen table as the world moved around him. Flat mates walking in, walking out, chirping a quick good morning and then a quick goodbye. He tried to drown them out, waiting for the person he would eventually be showing around the university. In fact, Damian has forgotten his name completely, but was sure he’d know to meet him down here.

erised erised this was shocking wow pls don’t @ me ly

[class=body] position: relative; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; width: 350px; height: 400px; overflow: visible; [/class] [class=polaroid] position: absolute; width: 325px; height: 375px; background-color: #F0F0F0; box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #E3E3E3; border: 0.5px solid #E3E3E3; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=pic] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 20px; left: 20px; background-color: #F5F5F5; [/class] [class=pic1] background: url(https://kopinie.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/tumblr_po8ju4MfPL1y6r3opo4_400.gif); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic2] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c8/f6/ac/c8f6accce0d767ff228fc6a2409341fb.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic3] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/24/0b/05/240b05ff23843016df9e29904e55cf3d.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=name] position: absolute; width: 100%; text-align: center; font-size: 40px; color: black; top: 315px; [/class] [class=splash] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #F0F0F0; [/class] [class=stats] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; color: black; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; line-height; 15px; background-color: #F5F5F5; top: 0px; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.9; [/class] [class=textcontainer] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 80px; left: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 280px; height: 285px; color: black; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; padding-right: 20px; white-space: pre-wrap; [/class] [script class=button on=click] addClass slideup splash [/script] [class=slideup] animation-name: {post_id}slup; animation-duration: 1.7s; animation-fill-mode: forwards; [/class] [animation=slup] [keyframe=0]transform: translateY(0%);[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateY(-100%);visibility:hidden;[/keyframe][/animation] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=namehover on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 stats [/script] [script class=namehover on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 stats [/script] [div class=body] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(12deg); top: 15px; right: -35px;"][div class="pic pic2"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(-10deg); top: 20px; left: -50px;"][div class="pic pic3"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid] [div class="name namehover" style="top: 20px;"]devil[div class="stats hidden"]location: apartment | outfit: xx | interactions: damian | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |[/div][/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text]God dammit, the British were weird. That thought had been running through Devlin's mind the moment he stepped out of the airport, two suitcases with his entire life packed inside them in tow, and hadn't left his mind since. Everything was weird, from the accents and British english to their cars, food, roads and just general way of life. Sure, the British probably thought the Americans were just as weird, but this was just. odd. It had taken him a minute to flag down a taxi and once inside, he had to work extra hard to make sure the screaming going on internally didn't actually come out of his mouth. Well, it was more of fangirling rather than screaming, fangirling over how the steering wheel was on the right side of the car. But also like... this was weird and he made a mental note to never get behind the wheel of a car here because he'd probably crash. That, and he had no idea how to drive a manual/stick. It was all automatic back in the US. Devil actually managed to fall asleep on the way to his new apartment, the one home university had procured for him to stay during this semester's study abroad. He knew he had roommates but had no idea who they were since they all lived here in London. Well, this should be fun. Not. The whole situation was made that much more awkward when the taxi driver had to shake him awake and he struggled to pay because what the fuck was this money. Anyways, he had eventually found his way to the apartment and his room and thankfully didn't run into anyone since it was midday and everyone was most likely out. He got halfway through unpacking when the alarm on his phone went off reminding him that oh yeah, he had to get to his new university to make sure he was in the right classes for his level of dance. Yes, he'd already submitted the audition and gotten in, but they wanted to make sure he was in the right level for his ability. So, Devil hauled ass out of the apartment, opened Google Maps, and allowed his phone to guide him to campus and to the building where the dance studio was. The tryout of sorts didn't take longer than an hour, and they determined he should be in a level above the one they'd put him in, but he was exhausted and sweaty after dancing non-stop for that long. Thankfully, he didn't have to stay longer than that so he left and began to make his way back to the apartment, stopping to get something for dinner on his way. When Devlin had asked to get it to-go, they looked at him like he had five heads and he figured that to-go wasn't the word for it here, which just furthered his British-are-odd thought. Or maybe they looked at him like that due to the thick Boston accent he had, but whatever. When he returned to the apartment, he ate quickly in his room, showered, and then hauled ass back to his room and spent the night there. He knew he was getting a tour of the university the tomorrow and had to wakeup somewhat earlier than he'd like to, so he needed to be well rested for that. So with that thought in mind, he set his alarm and fell asleep almost instantly. However, thanks to the time difference and the fact that he'd hardly gotten any sleep on the plane, Devlin didn't hear his alarm go off the next morning and overslept. When he awoke, it was already half an hour past the allotted meet time and the poor boy shot out of bed, threw on a pair of trackpants, a black t-shirt, and a flannel. He didn't have time to put his contacts in and slammed his glasses on his face before practically flying into the kitchen and skidding to a halt in front of the sink. After he caught his breath, he finally looked up to see someone sitting on a barstool, seemingly waiting for him. "Are you the person who's supposed to show me around?" Devil wondered, and without waiting for an answer, plowed on, "sorry I'm late. I just got in from Boston yesterday afternoon and I'm not at all used to the time change." That was a shitty excuse, but whatever. "I was on campus yesterday, but just briefly, and only in the performing arts building. So I'll need a full tour." He'll definitely need one, considering he didn't even remember the building. "I'm Devlin, by the way, but most people call me Devil." [/div][/div] [div class="splash button"] [div class="pic pic1"][/div] [div class=name]Devlin Rhee[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]
[div class=credit]code by erised erised [/div]

When the house was empty again, he felt himself loosen a little into the back of the chair. He didn’t hate people, not at all. In fact, the oppsite. But he didn’t really like the people he lived with. Not that he knew them. Allow he knew was they were loud, obnoxious, and most of all messy. Which was hypocritical considering Damian was all but the last. He brought his hands together, cracking his knuckles before putting them back to his sides.

A part of him was looking forward to this, yet there was a slight anxiety too. What if this kid was the most annoying of them all and he’d have to spend his hard earned time being with him? He rolled his eyes. Every part of him hoped that he would st least get along and not despise whoever drew the short straw of living here.

He grabbed his phone, glancing at the clock. Damian’s eyes narrowed involuntarily when he realised they were going to be late. Sometimes he was late purposefully, but he didn’t like it when it was somebody else deciding if he was late or not. And for a first impression, it wasn’t all that great. But Damian always had a knack for disliking people before he’d met them. He was judged on his peers descriptions.

Which is why it was weird he hadn’t heard a lot of this new person. Only that he wasn’t from around these parts, was new to the university, and was probably about one hundred metres away from him.

He was deep in thought when he heard a skid of feet rush into the kitchen but instead of jumping, just flicked his eyes upwards and raised a brow. He waited for his rush of words to come to an end and without changing his expression, sat up in his seat. “That depends,” He started, “on if you’re the person I’m supposed to be showing around.” Call him sarcastic, but that was just him. And his first impressions were wrong. Perhaps he didn’t seem that bad after all.

Damian listened to the rest but didn’t reslly take in what he had to say. Not because he was rude but partially because his mind was always somewhere else. “Devil?” He scoffed. “Doesn’t seem fitting. You seem lile you wouldn’t hurt a fly.” Or that’s how he seemed. But Damian was usually good at picking up character.

“Damian.” He replied, sliding his phone into his pocket as he jumped up off the seat. “Also the name of the antichrist. But I’ll leave whether that’s fitting up to you.” He looked at him a bit expressionless before snapping into a grin.

“Come on. I’ll take you in my car.” With that, he grabbed his keys from his pocket and walked past him, out of the door.

erised erised

[class=body] position: relative; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; width: 350px; height: 400px; overflow: visible; [/class] [class=polaroid] position: absolute; width: 325px; height: 375px; background-color: #F0F0F0; box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #E3E3E3; border: 0.5px solid #E3E3E3; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=pic] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 20px; left: 20px; background-color: #F5F5F5; [/class] [class=pic1] background: url(https://kopinie.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/tumblr_po8ju4MfPL1y6r3opo4_400.gif); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic2] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c8/f6/ac/c8f6accce0d767ff228fc6a2409341fb.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic3] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/24/0b/05/240b05ff23843016df9e29904e55cf3d.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=name] position: absolute; width: 100%; text-align: center; font-size: 40px; color: black; top: 315px; [/class] [class=splash] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #F0F0F0; [/class] [class=stats] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; color: black; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; line-height; 15px; background-color: #F5F5F5; top: 0px; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.9; [/class] [class=textcontainer] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 80px; left: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 280px; height: 285px; color: black; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; padding-right: 20px; white-space: pre-wrap; [/class] [script class=button on=click] addClass slideup splash [/script] [class=slideup] animation-name: {post_id}slup; animation-duration: 1.7s; animation-fill-mode: forwards; [/class] [animation=slup] [keyframe=0]transform: translateY(0%);[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateY(-100%);visibility:hidden;[/keyframe][/animation] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=namehover on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 stats [/script] [script class=namehover on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 stats [/script] [div class=body] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(12deg); top: 15px; right: -35px;"][div class="pic pic2"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(-10deg); top: 20px; left: -50px;"][div class="pic pic3"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid] [div class="name namehover" style="top: 20px;"]devil[div class="stats hidden"]location: apartment | outfit: xx | interactions: damian | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |[/div][/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text]Devlin was way too busy trying to recover from his sprint to the kitchen that he didn't quite grasp the obvious sarcasm behind the first words spoken to him. "Don't know," he replied, running a hand through his hair in some weak attempt to tame it. "All I know is that, according to my study abroad director, someone who lives at my apartment is supposed to show me around campus." Well, at least that's what he thought. He hoped it was true. "If you're that person, great. If not, can you go get them or call them and tell them that I'm here?" Finally. But based on what the other male had said, it seemed as if this guy was, in fact, Devil's tour guide. Oh boy, here we go. He knew what was coming. It wasn't every day you heard about someone who was nicknamed Devil, so he was prepared to give the whole speech if need be. "Mmm, well, looks can be deceiving." And yes, they could, but his weren't deceiving. It's true--he wouldn't hurt a fly, wouldn't hurt anything, but it was best to let everyone assume he was a toughie based on his nickname. "Actually, your name means to tame, or saint," Devlin began, "so it's pretty much the opposite of my nickname." He knew he was going to get questioned about how he knew that. "My cousin's name is Damien and we used to have family trivia about whose name means what. Mine means unlucky one. Well, my English name does. My Korean name means honor, but I hardly ever go by that name anymore." He wasn't too sure why he was explaining all of this but whatever. Devil's brows shot up to his hairline and his lips parted slightly when Damian said they were driving there. After the mini internal freakout yesterday after getting in a car, he wasn't so sure he was ready to get in another one. But, he figured he didn't really have a choice. "Just a heads up," he started as they made their way to the door, "there's a good chance I'll accidentally sit in the drivers seat. Back home, the steering wheel is on the left side so that's the drivers seat and the passengers seat is on the right. Since that's what I'm used to, I'll probably just automatically go to the right. Please never let me drive a car here." He'd absolutely crash.[/div][/div] [div class="splash button"] [div class="pic pic1"][/div] [div class=name]Devlin Rhee[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

At the request to go get somebody else, he just smirked, looking down at the table. “There’s one thing you need to know about me. I don’t do things on request. If you need somebody, go get them yourself.” He then smiled again. “But it’s your lucky day, it is me that is taking you on a grand tour of this shit hole.” Okay, maybe it was that bad, but Damian didn’t like to build anybody’s expectations. The teachers were the top in the country, but being good at school, didn’t mean you had a personality. Most people he had met up to now had the personality of dish soap.

Damian enjoyed what he said. They definitely could be deceiving. Especially in Damian’s book. How could somebody do charming and well scrubbed up do such awful things? He didn’t speak of it to the new boy, obviously, but the thought made his lips curl up and a laugh leave his nose.

He didn’t bother correcting him on the explanation of his own name, because definition, he was right. “Let’s just say if you go by that definition, then yes, looks are extremely deceiving.” It depended on who you asked, really, as most people hadn’t yet seen his untamed side. He didn’t like bruising his ego or appearance by being himself.

While tracing patterns into the fabric of his trousers, he listened. “So,” he started, “Are you from there? Korea I mean. Or just your family?” He liked learning more about people. Much to do with manipulation, and some to do with enjoying it. The more you learned about people, the more you could hold against them. Not that he’d need to do that with somebody like Devil. He seemed nice enough.

“Seen as I’m driving we won’t have that problem, Unlucky One.” He chuckled, patting him on the back before racing down the steps at the front of the house and down to his car. “Come on, I know you’re new but I garuntee if we are any later I’ll have a foot up my ass.” And he’d already pulled into gear.

erised erised

[class=body] position: relative; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; width: 350px; height: 400px; overflow: visible; [/class] [class=polaroid] position: absolute; width: 325px; height: 375px; background-color: #F0F0F0; box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #E3E3E3; border: 0.5px solid #E3E3E3; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=pic] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 20px; left: 20px; background-color: #F5F5F5; [/class] [class=pic1] background: url(https://kopinie.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/tumblr_po8ju4MfPL1y6r3opo4_400.gif); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic2] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c8/f6/ac/c8f6accce0d767ff228fc6a2409341fb.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic3] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/24/0b/05/240b05ff23843016df9e29904e55cf3d.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=name] position: absolute; width: 100%; text-align: center; font-size: 40px; color: black; top: 310px; [/class] [class=splash] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #F0F0F0; [/class] [class=stats] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; color: black; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; line-height; 15px; background-color: #F5F5F5; top: 0px; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.9; [/class] [class=textcontainer] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 80px; left: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 280px; height: 285px; color: black; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; padding-right: 20px; white-space: pre-wrap; [/class] [script class=button on=click] addClass slideup splash [/script] [class=slideup] animation-name: {post_id}slup; animation-duration: 1.7s; animation-fill-mode: forwards; [/class] [animation=slup] [keyframe=0]transform: translateY(0%);[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateY(-100%);visibility:hidden;[/keyframe][/animation] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=namehover on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 stats [/script] [script class=namehover on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 stats [/script] [div class=body] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(12deg); top: 15px; right: -35px;"][div class="pic pic2"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(-10deg); top: 20px; left: -50px;"][div class="pic pic3"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid] [div class="name namehover" style="top: 20px;"]devil[div class="stats hidden"]location: car | outfit: xx | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |[/div][/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text]And well... Devlin had absolutely no idea how to respond to that, nor had he ever been talked to like that. So, instead of responding, he just pouted slightly and said nothing. At first. "But I just got here yesterday. If I need someone, how am I supposed to go get them if I don't know their name or what they look like?" he wondered. He thought he had a pretty valid question there. Then he raised a brow. This dude was the one taking him on the tour of the school? From Devil's point of view, it seemed like it was the last thing he wanted to do, especially since he called it a shit hole. "Really?" he asked. "No offense, but you're kind of giving me the vibe that taking me on this tour is the last thing that you want to be doing." When asked if he was from Korea, Devlin nodded. "Yeah, I was born in Busan, South Korea" he started, "but my father got a new job in Boston so we moved to the US when I was three. I'm fluent in Korean but we mainly speak English." He hadn't actually spoken Korean in a long time, now that he thought about it. Devil's eyes widened when Damian just suddenly took off running and he shook his head to clear the thoughts before rushing after him. He thankfully made it to the correct side of the car and hadn't even buckled his seatbelt before they were driving off. "We may be late, yes, which is my fault I'll admit it, but I'd rather be late than dead. So please drive safely."[/div][/div] [div class="splash button"] [div class="pic pic1"][/div] [div class=name]Devlin Rhee[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

[class name=container] margin: auto; height: 250px; width: 400px; [/class] [class name=containercont] height: 240px; width: 390px; [/class] [class name=chapterpic] background:URL(https://i.imgur.com/rzPEcm2.jpg); float: left; height: 240px; width: 190px; background-size: cover; [/class] [class name=scroll] float: right; height: 240px; width: 190px; overflow: hidden; margin-left: 5px; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] height: 98%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; [/class] [class name=text] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name=title] font-size: 18px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #000000; [/class] [class name=codetag] font-size: 9px; text-align: center; margin-top: 3px; [/class] [div class="container"][div class="containercont"][div class="chapterpic"][/div] [div class="scroll"][div class="scrollbox"][div class="title"]DAMIAN ULRICH[/div][div class="text"] Damian chose not to comment on the expression he received but his lips showed a somewhat involuntary smile. “You need to get your head around a concept called sarcasm.” He was aware that the density of his sarcasm was easy to slip past as it was his mode of communication nowadays. With the amount he said in a sarcastic way, most people took him seriously. There was something ironic about it. “You’ll have plenty of time to make friends in the house though, continuing from what you said. They are a..” He paused, scrunching up his, “friendly bunch.” To somebody else it would be a dream to have friendly housemates, but Damian really didn’t like how friendly they were. Constantly asking how he was and getting in his way as he was going about his regular tasks. Once in a while was fine. But not every waking hour.

Just because I don’t like being on campus, doesn’t mean it’s the worst thing in the world me spending time with new faces.” Okay, perhaps it could’ve been. But he was fond of the first impression he had of this kid and he wasn’t going to blow it now. “You’ll probably love it.” And that probability was based on whether Devlin was as cynical as Damian. He assumed not.

Damian nodded as if he knew where the fuck that was. Call him superficial but he wanted to look as if he knew where it was because he didn’t have time for an explanation. “What job?” He blurted out, “I mean, if you don’t mind me asking.” He recovered, offering him a smile to match. “I’m French. Well, I wasn’t born there. My family are French. I go every year to see my grandparents.” They also came for work, but he left that out. “You should try teach us some.” Damian added, referring to the fluent Korean. Not that many in the house would pick it up very well. They were more suited to sciences than the arts and language.

Which is probably why he didn’t like them all that much.

Lips curled into a smirk, he shook his head. Damian has been a reckless driver ever since he obtained his license. That being said, he was a reckless person in general. He was eager to find adrenaline in any way he saw fit. “Never taken a short cut before?” He mused, swerving into the right lane after, and not purposely this time, the wrong one. “Shit, sorry.” Now he wasn’t a bad driver, just an absent minded one. “You can connect if you want. I always judge a person by their aux. Codes on the screen.” He pointed to the screen in the centre of the dashboard before putting his eyes back on the road. Something that had been lacking slightly the rest of the ride.

It wouldn’t be long until they were at the university anyway. But one song was usually enough for Damian to hate or love someone.

tags: erised erised [/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class="codetag"]coded by ukiiyo[/div]

[class=body] position: relative; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; width: 350px; height: 400px; overflow: visible; [/class] [class=polaroid] position: absolute; width: 325px; height: 375px; background-color: #F0F0F0; box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #E3E3E3; border: 0.5px solid #E3E3E3; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=pic] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 20px; left: 20px; background-color: #F5F5F5; [/class] [class=pic1] background: url(https://kopinie.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/tumblr_po8ju4MfPL1y6r3opo4_400.gif); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic2] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c8/f6/ac/c8f6accce0d767ff228fc6a2409341fb.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic3] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/24/0b/05/240b05ff23843016df9e29904e55cf3d.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=name] position: absolute; width: 100%; text-align: center; font-size: 40px; color: black; top: 310px; [/class] [class=splash] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #F0F0F0; [/class] [class=stats] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; color: black; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; line-height; 15px; background-color: #F5F5F5; top: 0px; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.9; [/class] [class=textcontainer] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 80px; left: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 280px; height: 285px; color: black; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; padding-right: 20px; white-space: pre-wrap; [/class] [script class=button on=click] addClass slideup splash [/script] [class=slideup] animation-name: {post_id}slup; animation-duration: 1.7s; animation-fill-mode: forwards; [/class] [animation=slup] [keyframe=0]transform: translateY(0%);[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateY(-100%);visibility:hidden;[/keyframe][/animation] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=namehover on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 stats [/script] [script class=namehover on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 stats [/script] [div class=body] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(12deg); top: 15px; right: -35px;"][div class="pic pic2"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(-10deg); top: 20px; left: -50px;"][div class="pic pic3"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid] [div class="name namehover" style="top: 20px;"]devil[div class="stats hidden"]location: car | outfit: xx | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |[/div][/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text]Devlin's eyes narrowed and his pout deepened when he was told it was sarcasm. So he wasn't the greatest at identifying sarcasm, sue him. He was okay at using it, yes, but not the greatest when it came to telling whether someone was using it. Instead of saying anything, he just remained silent and adjusted his glasses despite them not really needing to be adjusted. It just gave him something to do instead of opening his mouth again and embarrassing himself further than he had already done. When told he'd have time to meet the others, Devil just nodded. "Well, I'm looking forward to meeting them." And he truthfully was. If they were anything like himself, he figured they'd get along swimmingly. He began to wonder how Damian ended up living here. From what Devlin could see, Damian didn't seem to enjoy the others personalities or presences which made him wonder just how this rooming situation came to be. However, it wasn't really his business, so he didn't ask. And well, fair enough, Devil thought. There were some things that he himself didn't enjoy but could always manage to see the positive side of them. "I was on campus yesterday and I liked it. Or well, I liked the building I was in." It was true, the performing arts building that housed the dance studios was nice, and so were the studios themselves. He hoped the rest of campus was just as nice. "Honestly, I don't really know. I know he's some financial advisor, but I don't know his exact title," Devlin explained about his father. He should probably find out what exactly his job was, but whatever. "The only French words I know are bonjour and je'taime. That's it." And he only knew those from movies. He'd be willing to teach them Korean but it wasn't super easy. "I'd be happy to, but warning, it's not going to be easy. For starters, the letters 'w' and 'x' don't exist in the Hangul alphabet. I'll start with teaching you all how to read before we attempt words." Being able to identify the consonants and vowels in a word and reading it was the first step. However, Devil didn't even have time to think about teaching because the more Damian drove, the more he began to fear for his life. He even went so far as to grab the oh shit handle that all moms grab when you go 2mph over the speed limit. He nearly screamed when they swerved into a different lane however, managed to keep his mouth shut at the last second. He looked down when he was told to become DJ and let go of the handle briefly to grab his phone, turn on Bluetooth and connect it to the CarPlay. He thought about what to play for a second before an idea came to mind. "Since you said you wanted to learn Korean, here you go," he began as Super Junior's '(쏘리 쏘리) Sorry, Sorry' began to play. "This song is like... a rite of passage. You have to listen to it at least once, especially if you want to learn Korean." [/div][/div] [div class="splash button"] [div class="pic pic1"][/div] [div class=name]Devlin Rhee[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

[class name=container] margin: auto; height: 250px; width: 400px; [/class] [class name=containercont] height: 240px; width: 390px; [/class] [class name=chapterpic] background:URL(https://i.imgur.com/rzPEcm2.jpg); float: left; height: 240px; width: 190px; background-size: cover; [/class] [class name=scroll] float: right; height: 240px; width: 190px; overflow: hidden; margin-left: 5px; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] height: 98%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; [/class] [class name=text] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name=title] font-size: 18px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #000000; [/class] [class name=codetag] font-size: 9px; text-align: center; margin-top: 3px; [/class] [div class="container"][div class="containercont"][div class="chapterpic"][/div] [div class="scroll"][div class="scrollbox"][div class="title"]DAMIAN ULRICH[/div][div class="text"] A small huff of a laugh escaped him at the flying comment and he rolled his eyes to the side. “I wouldn’t be so sure of yourself.” Sure, they were nice enough. A mixture of a bunch. Not one of which he particularly got on with. And the ones he did were hardly ever in the house. Usually staying in a friend’s dorm or flat. The remainder that did stay? Loud, obnoxious, messy, and couldn’t stay out of his business. Four of the things that displeased Damian the most. Sure, he was obnoxious himself, but at least he knew when to shut the fuck up. Everybody else seemed to have misplaced that memo. He left it in the air though, maybe he would like them after all. “If you’re not as busy as last night, I am sure I will be able to get them to stay in the same room for at least ten minutes to introduce yourself.”

It wasn’t a common thing for somebody to join and end up in a second year’s house, so two scenarios could occur. They could lap Devlin up and see him as their house child — father him in a sense. Or, and Damian hoped they didn’t, treat him as the house pet. But he couldn’t predict the future.

“It’s beautiful.” Damian agreed, nodding his head in reply. The architecture was astonishing, but a beautiful book wasn’t necessarily the easiest one to finish. When he was around people he liked, he swam through lessons too. But there was more than a bunch that weren’t to his taste.

Damian chose not to press further and just pursed his lips as if he was some sort of impressed with his father’s status. Everybody on campus had some sort of status, whether that being from their parents or just their own accord. For Damian it was his mother. But he rarely went into detail about her. And for good reason too. He chuckled. “I’m pretty sure those two words and ingrained in everybody from birth, so not that impressive I have to say.” He said.

His brows rose when the missing letters were mentioned. There went the goal of learning. He wouldn’t be able to remember that fornthe life of him. “French has the same alphabet, yet some of the vowels swap the sound. And W is double v not double u. Do-Bla-Veh.” Damian liked that tidbit.

His eyes rolled again when he saw the movement. He wasn’t that bad, was he? Perhaps he wasn’t bad a driving, just more of a all balls to the walls sort of driver. Not everybody appreciated that. Which was apparent from how many times he’d seen the exact same image of somebody grabbing the bar. “I’m not suicidal, promise.” He chuckled, before lowering a gear and the speed. He didn’t want to scare him that much, he was a stranger after all.

“I’ve never heard Korean music.” It didn’t have much to live up to. Damian listened to anything and didn’t have a particular taste. “I also think I’ll pass on learning. I may be bilingual, but I assume from what I have heard so far, that Korean is much harder than learning French and English.” He would probably pick things up here and there from living in the same quarters as his new roommate. “Do you like Korea more?” Damian asked, looking over at him. Which, he probably shouldn’t have been doing. Damian much preferred France and the art it had to offer, and he was never ashamed to admit it, or ashamed to admit how much he despised England in its place.

tags: erised erised [/div][/div][/div] [/div][/div] [div class="codetag"]coded by ukiiyo[/div]

[class=body] position: relative; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; width: 350px; height: 400px; overflow: visible; [/class] [class=polaroid] position: absolute; width: 325px; height: 375px; background-color: #F0F0F0; box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #E3E3E3; border: 0.5px solid #E3E3E3; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=pic] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 20px; left: 20px; background-color: #F5F5F5; [/class] [class=pic1] background: url(https://kopinie.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/tumblr_po8ju4MfPL1y6r3opo4_400.gif); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic2] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c8/f6/ac/c8f6accce0d767ff228fc6a2409341fb.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic3] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/24/0b/05/240b05ff23843016df9e29904e55cf3d.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=name] position: absolute; width: 100%; text-align: center; font-size: 40px; color: black; top: 310px; [/class] [class=splash] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #F0F0F0; [/class] [class=stats] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; color: black; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; line-height; 15px; background-color: #F5F5F5; top: 0px; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.9; [/class] [class=textcontainer] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 80px; left: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 280px; height: 285px; color: black; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; padding-right: 20px; white-space: pre-wrap; [/class] [script class=button on=click] addClass slideup splash [/script] [class=slideup] animation-name: {post_id}slup; animation-duration: 1.7s; animation-fill-mode: forwards; [/class] [animation=slup] [keyframe=0]transform: translateY(0%);[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateY(-100%);visibility:hidden;[/keyframe][/animation] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=namehover on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 stats [/script] [script class=namehover on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 stats [/script] [div class=body] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(12deg); top: 15px; right: -35px;"][div class="pic pic2"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(-10deg); top: 20px; left: -50px;"][div class="pic pic3"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid] [div class="name namehover" style="top: 20px;"]devil[div class="stats hidden"]location: car | outfit: xx | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |[/div][/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text]Devlin couldn't even take offense to the response to his lack of French. It was true that probably everyone knew those two words in French, hence how he knew them himself. He nodded at the explanation and then gasped with slightly widened eyes. "Wait," he started. "I think I knew that," Then realizing he hadn't clarified what that was, pressed on. "the do-bleh-vah thing. And I also know that words that end in -eau are pronounced oh, like chateau. But that's it." To be honest, he was quite proud of himself for even knowing that. Devlin just blinked at the 'I'm not suicidal, I promise' comment. Yeah, and I'm the queen of England, he thought but didn't say. "Heh." he said, chuckling in a slightly nervous manner. He definitely did not believe Damian, not with the way he drove. He waited until the song had ended before pausing the upcoming one. "Actually," he began, turning to face the other male. "English is the hardest language to learn. We've lived in the US for seventeen years and my parents still struggle with speaking English," He helped as often as he could. "The only reason I can speak it is because I was raised and went to school there so I was integrated into the culture and language immediately." He'd heard from many, many non-native English speakers that English was singlehandedly the hardest language to learn. "Reading Korean is actually super, super easy. Knowing what the words mean is a different ball game, but reading it is pretty easy." He'd taught many of his friends how to. "But if you don't want to, we don't have to." And then he shrugged. "No, I don't really miss it. We moved when I was three so I was too young to have a memory of it. We've gone back a few times but only for two weeks at a time. While it was nice to see my birth country, I didn't really miss it when I left." [/div][/div] [div class="splash button"] [div class="pic pic1"][/div] [div class=name]Devlin Rhee[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

[class name=container] margin: auto; height: 250px; width: 400px; [/class] [class name=containercont] height: 240px; width: 390px; [/class] [class name=chapterpic] background:URL(https://i.imgur.com/rzPEcm2.jpg); float: left; height: 240px; width: 190px; background-size: cover; [/class] [class name=scroll] float: right; height: 240px; width: 190px; overflow: hidden; margin-left: 5px; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] height: 98%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; [/class] [class name=text] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name=title] font-size: 18px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #000000; [/class] [class name=codetag] font-size: 9px; text-align: center; margin-top: 3px; [/class] [div class="container"][div class="containercont"][div class="chapterpic"][/div] [div class="scroll"][div class="scrollbox"][div class="title"]DAMIAN ULRICH[/div][div class="text"] His lips curled up into a smile at the prior knowledge. “Well, if you did know that before I told you, then I commend you.” If he didn’t it wouldn’t really matter. It wasn’t something like hello, at least. “Ah, see,” he said, gesturing with his hand, “You do know some Français.” He was smiling still even though he wasn’t aware of why. It wasn’t as if it mattered if the other boy knew French or not. But maybe that wasn’t why he was smiling. Perhaps it’s because he finally got on with one of his housemates. How long would that last? Even god wouldn’t know. “French is easy, believe me. Even some of the people in the flat know some, and that’s rare for them to care about language.” He added.

Damian didn’t really know what to say to the doubtful expression on his face, but tried to act accordingly. He slowed his speed a little, still probably over the limit, but enough to at least put the boy at ease. It was looking like he most likely would be walking back to the flat considering the look. It just made him grin to himself, eyes returning to the road. Not that they should ever have not been there. But this was Damian after all.

Unlike Damian, he actually kept his eyes on the road for a while until Devlin began talking again. At that point he just began flicking his eyes to and from where they should have been. “You’re right. It’s hard. I guess what I mean is they were brought up with that like us.” Damian was brought up English, and learnt it as his first language, though picked up his French from his parents throughout the time he lived with them. “They’re..” He paused, smirking. “a bit rough around the edges. It’s take them a while to learn anything other than arithmetic.” Each and every one of them were smart, highly intelligent. But most of their gifts were towards STEM. Or at least all the people Damian knew well enough to find out what they did at the university. Who knew what anybody else did.

He nodded. He appreciated that he’d gone back to his home as well. “I go every year.” Or at least he did until a few years ago. He went back with his father to see his grandparents. He loved it there. “France is much nicer than here but that’s just my personal opinion. I was really young when we transferred too.” He was aware that wasn’t exactly interesting but felt like saying it anyway. “It’s your lucky day,” He interrupted himself, looking over finally as he parked up. “You didn’t die.” His face cracked into a grin before putting down the hand break. “Where to first?” Damian asked, unclipping his belt, adjusting himself to a more comfortable position. Props to him for even wearing one this time.

[class=body] position: relative; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; width: 350px; height: 400px; overflow: visible; [/class] [class=polaroid] position: absolute; width: 325px; height: 375px; background-color: #F0F0F0; box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #E3E3E3; border: 0.5px solid #E3E3E3; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=pic] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 20px; left: 20px; background-color: #F5F5F5; [/class] [class=pic1] background: url(https://kopinie.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/tumblr_po8ju4MfPL1y6r3opo4_400.gif); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic2] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c8/f6/ac/c8f6accce0d767ff228fc6a2409341fb.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic3] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/24/0b/05/240b05ff23843016df9e29904e55cf3d.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=name] position: absolute; width: 100%; text-align: center; font-size: 40px; color: black; top: 310px; [/class] [class=splash] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #F0F0F0; [/class] [class=stats] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; color: black; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; line-height; 15px; background-color: #F5F5F5; top: 0px; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.9; [/class] [class=textcontainer] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 80px; left: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 280px; height: 285px; color: black; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; padding-right: 20px; white-space: pre-wrap; [/class] [script class=button on=click] addClass slideup splash [/script] [class=slideup] animation-name: {post_id}slup; animation-duration: 1.7s; animation-fill-mode: forwards; [/class] [animation=slup] [keyframe=0]transform: translateY(0%);[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateY(-100%);visibility:hidden;[/keyframe][/animation] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=namehover on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 stats [/script] [script class=namehover on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 stats [/script] [div class=body] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(12deg); top: 15px; right: -35px;"][div class="pic pic2"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(-10deg); top: 20px; left: -50px;"][div class="pic pic3"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid] [div class="name namehover" style="top: 20px;"]devil[div class="stats hidden"]location: on campus but still in car | outfit: xx | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |[/div][/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text]Devlin just shook his head. "I really really don't know French, knowing three words doesn't count." Or well, to him it didn't. Plus, he had more things to worry about than learning another language. Like trying not to get lost in a foreign city, for instance. "It might be easy, yes," he began, though sincerely doubted that it was easy, "but I really don't have the time right now to learn another language, not with all of the classes I'm taking." Sure, four classes might not seem like a lot to some, but three of them were very physically demanding and lasted for hours. He wouldn't get back until late and knew he'd be exhausted when he did. Devil let out an over exaggerated sigh of relief when the speed slowed, making it very clear that he very much appreciated the slower speeds. "Ugh, math," He made a face. "I hate math. I did okay in it in school, but I hated every second of it." He was glad that his major didn't require it. "It's not that Korea is nicer than the US or vice versa, they're each unique in their own way." Yes, they had a few similarities but there were many things that were different about the two countries. He knew that they'd be here all day if he were to go into serious detail. Devlin rose a brow at the lucky day comment. "Lucky day?" he repeated. "Interesting. Since my name means unlucky, I figured that it wouldn't be my lucky day." However, he was quite glad that it was and that they made it in one piece. When asked where to first, he unlocked his phone and pulled up his email to find his schedule. "So," Devlin started, scanning the class list, "music building first since I have a commercial voice class there." And he was unsure of how that was going to work since a bunch of people singing in a room together didn't always go so well. "Then to the performing arts building since I have two hip-hop and one contemporary dance classes there." Though Devil was in the building yesterday, he'd already forgotten the way there. "And then to wherever there's food because I will need it. Also, the closest subway station because I don't feel like walking everywhere."[/font][/div][/div] [div class="splash button"] [div class="pic pic1"][/div] [div class=name]Devlin Rhee[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

[class name=container] margin: auto; height: 250px; width: 400px; [/class] [class name=containercont] height: 240px; width: 390px; [/class] [class name=chapterpic] background:URL(https://i.imgur.com/rzPEcm2.jpg); float: left; height: 240px; width: 190px; background-size: cover; [/class] [class name=scroll] float: right; height: 240px; width: 190px; overflow: hidden; margin-left: 5px; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] height: 98%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; [/class] [class name=text] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name=title] font-size: 18px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #000000; [/class] [class name=codetag] font-size: 9px; text-align: center; margin-top: 3px; [/class] [div class="container"][div class="containercont"][div class="chapterpic"][/div] [div class="scroll"][div class="scrollbox"][div class="title"]DAMIAN ULRICH[/div][div class="text"] Damian smiled and shook his head, no. "I wasn't going to teach you anyway. I'm just saying it's easy." He knew even for a non native, it was quite an easy language to pick up which was why most of the English schools he had studied at, would teach it. That or Spanish. They didn't really cater for any other languages. Perhaps Latin, but that is all he had even witnessed as a proper module lesson. Sometimes Mandarin would be an after school or break time activity. Damian himself never went to those, though. The most he could say in Spanish was Hola,or, you eat bread? Not an extent of learning that his teachers approved of, nor his parents. But, he just didnt' find it at all interesting. Especially when his native tongue was deemed the language of love or whatever.

"But what classes are you taking, anyhow?" Damian had a keen interest to find out what other people enjoyed. Call him pretentious, but he used it to judge them in a sense. if they weren't academic, he didn't really want to know them. That is unless he wanted something or had an eye for them. Which was strange considering his dislike of the people in his house. They were academic, but at the same time, they were as bland as an unsalted chip. "I study English Literature." Again, pretentious, but he really didn't care about the stale connotations of somebody who studied what he did. And why should he, h often thought, I'd have a better paying job than them anyway. "Well, and French. And Latin. They call it English Literature, but it's really just the study of Literature in itself. Damn English have to brand name everything." He feigned a frown and a huff, then returned to smiling.

He chuckled at the response, and felt the same. Although he got along with academics due to their status, he could not wrap his head around mathematics or sciences. Like Devlin, he did good in school, but after that did not put himself through the travesty that was equations and formulas. Unless they were literary writing formulas. "You can say that again. Maths took so many days away from me that could have been put to a more suitable use." He faked a shiver running down his spine. "But I can't complain, they help me with my tax." Another thing he didn't like so much. It was one thing doing okay at Maths, another thing actually wanting to do it.

"Gross," He pursed his lips, as he was told where to lead him, "theater kids." You would've thought they got along due to their love of the arts, but fine art students and literature students really didn't mix with performing arts. He stopped pulling a face a nodded. "It's this way, I believe." To say he was chosen for this job, he really didn't know why. Wouldn't it have been easier to get a performing arts student? He grumbled inside but not on the surface. He guessed it was down to their living situation. "As for eating, there's loads of places. But for subways, I am not entirely sure I follow you. Bus or Train, or something in between? I could just call my Uber." He said, smiling. It wasn't meant to sound rude, but Damian wasn't fond of public transport unless he had to. "Come along." He said, changing his direction to swiftly move along tothe performance block.

[class=body] position: relative; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; width: 350px; height: 400px; overflow: visible; [/class] [class=polaroid] position: absolute; width: 325px; height: 375px; background-color: #F0F0F0; box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #E3E3E3; border: 0.5px solid #E3E3E3; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=pic] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 20px; left: 20px; background-color: #F5F5F5; [/class] [class=pic1] background: url(https://kopinie.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/tumblr_po8ju4MfPL1y6r3opo4_400.gif); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic2] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c8/f6/ac/c8f6accce0d767ff228fc6a2409341fb.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic3] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/24/0b/05/240b05ff23843016df9e29904e55cf3d.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=name] position: absolute; width: 100%; text-align: center; font-size: 40px; color: black; top: 310px; [/class] [class=splash] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #F0F0F0; [/class] [class=stats] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; color: black; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; line-height; 15px; background-color: #F5F5F5; top: 0px; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.9; [/class] [class=textcontainer] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 80px; left: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 280px; height: 285px; color: black; font-size: 12px; line-height: 14px; text-align: justify; padding-right: 20px; white-space: pre-wrap; [/class] [script class=button on=click] addClass slideup splash [/script] [class=slideup] animation-name: {post_id}slup; animation-duration: 1.7s; animation-fill-mode: forwards; [/class] [animation=slup] [keyframe=0]transform: translateY(0%);[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateY(-100%);visibility:hidden;[/keyframe][/animation] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=namehover on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 stats [/script] [script class=namehover on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 stats [/script] [div class=body] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(12deg); top: 15px; right: -35px;"][div class="pic pic2"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(-10deg); top: 20px; left: -50px;"][div class="pic pic3"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid] [div class="name namehover" style="top: 20px;"]devil[div class="stats hidden"]location: somewhere on campus | outfit: xx | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |[/div][/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text]Devlin was sorta kinda embarrassed that he misunderstood what Damian had said but he just brushed it off. He already was fluent in both English and Korean and knew how to speak Japanese and some Spanish from high school. That was enough for now. "Mainly dance," he answered when asked what classes he was taking. "I'm a dance major with an emphasis in hip-hop and some street, so most of my classes are dance," he explained, "but I'm taking a commercial voice class since I'm a vocal performance minor." They were both considered unusual but he didn't care. He knew dance was his calling and that he wanted to be a background dancer for a major artist/group. That and/or open his own studio. Both of these were on the path and he'd do whatever it took to achieve his dream. Devil raised a brow at the english literature. "Whats your favorite book?" he wondered. Chances were good that he won't know what the favorite book was, especially if it's British lit. He wasn't a huge reader in the first place, but most of the books he had read had been American literature. "I have two: Unbroken and The Catcher in the Rye. I don't read that much though." he admitted, chewing on his lower lip. And then well... he was a bit confused. "So," he started, face scrunched up in confusion, "so you just study books and writing in general? Doesn't matter what country the author is from? Or am I completely off the mark here?" he had a feeling he would be. "Taxes," Devlin scoffed with a small smile on his face. "I have absolutely no idea how to file taxes. Barely know how to write a check. They don't teach us that in school, even though they absolutely should." Even in university they didn't. Maybe the teachers and professors figured it was common sense, so they didn't teach, but most students wanted to know. The smile soon vanished, however. "Gross?" he repeated. "First of all, I'm not a 'theater kid'. I can't act to save my life. I'm a dancer," His tone of voice was anything but friendly. "Just because theater and dance both fall under the performing arts category doesn't mean they're the same, and you'd be wise to remember that." Without another word, Devil stomped off like a five year old having a tantrum. He had no idea where he was going, but whatever. He was mad. He barely listened to what Damian said about food, nodding absentmindedly. "You don't have to continue this tour," he said, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Since y'know, us performing arts kids are so gross. Point me in the right direction, I'm sure I can find it on my own." [/div][/div] [div class="splash button"] [div class="pic pic1"][/div] [div class=name]Devlin Rhee[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

[class name=container] margin: auto; height: 250px; width: 400px; [/class] [class name=containercont] height: 240px; width: 390px; [/class] [class name=chapterpic] background:URL(https://i.imgur.com/rzPEcm2.jpg); float: left; height: 240px; width: 190px; background-size: cover; [/class] [class name=scroll] float: right; height: 240px; width: 190px; overflow: hidden; margin-left: 5px; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] height: 98%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; [/class] [class name=text] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name=title] font-size: 18px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #000000; [/class] [class name=codetag] font-size: 9px; text-align: center; margin-top: 3px; [/class] [div class="container"][div class="containercont"][div class="chapterpic"][/div] [div class="scroll"][div class="scrollbox"][div class="title"]LUCIEN ULRICH[/div][div class="text"] Instead of replying verbally, Lucien instead chose to do with an expression. That of slowly nodding his head. Although, he was smiling. He'd never really met anybody who did that and it was nice to have a fresh look on things. Most of his actual friends were in the same class as him. There were a few who did psychology, but they often acted as a shrink towards his outwardly strange actions so he never stayed friends with them for long, and eventually ended up transferring to a new one. There was a detest for being told who or what he was that he found in such people, so he didn't really care that their friendships fell apart so easily. Lucien didn't have much else in the eyes of diversity of classes for friends. English Lit students, that was about it. Aside from his housemates and people from where he used to reside.

At the questions his brows shot up. He then let out a huff which seemed more like a short laugh. "Uh.." He paused, thinking about it for a moment. Lucien continued to think as Devlin talked and admitted his own and he nodded his head approvingly. "The Catcher in the Rye was a book I studied in school, actually, or Lord of the Flies. I get them mixed up." Which was probably bad, considering his stance in the literature field. "I mean, I've read them both but get the plots mixed up. But it's good," he said, pursing his lips, "nonetheless." Lucien preferred American writing anyway, earlier American. 1920s, to 1990s. Anything older he preferred the English, Latin or Japanese (the latter of which, both translated). "For older books, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. The premise of transforming yourself into somebody new always appealed to me." (ooc: genuinely only put this bc when i thought about it, lucien is totally the plot of this book lmaoo pyscho)"For more recent, American Psycho." His lips involuntarily pulled into a smirk, his eyes twitching into the rear view mirror before returning his face more relaxed. "I didn't used to read much either. I usually only read for class. Mostly because a lot of writing after the 90s is foul." He couldn't stand contemporary.

"You're not off the mark. We study things from everybody. Shakespeare is a big part of it, who was English, but that because every English institute thinks the sun was made by shining out of that guys ass. I beg to differ." Lucien only liked a select few plays out of his whole anthology. "Homer was Greek. Plato. We study books like that, and movements. How they shaped the world. It's similar to music, I suppose. It's not really about the plots of the books, more the context of when they were written." He suggested, not sure how to explain it himself. "For instance, Oscar Wilde himself was put into prison for writing The Picture of Dorian gray. Because it was homosexual, and well, that was illegal. It wouldn't be a scandalous book if it came out now, but due to it coming out then, it was the first of it's kind. A revolution. He died for his art." He said, stopping talking for a second before glancing over at him. "Sorry," He muttered, "I think you can tell I love him a lot. Plus, the book was hot. If I was alive then, I would've gone to jail years ago." He then chuckled and looked ahead of him.

Lucien stopped looking ahead when he heard the change of tone and gave him the side eye with an almost impossibly high arched brow. As if he was mentally saying "what the fuck?" He didn't say that, however. Instead, he softened the gaze a little and just stood watching him with a smirk. It was hard not to find funny. Because however angry this kid wanted to appear, he just seemed like a bratty child who was refused chocolate. Lucien chose not to laugh though, knowing it would only intensify the anger so he pursed his lips and kept nodding to his complaints. "And you'd be wise to listen." Lucien said finally, smiling. "I never said that you were one. I just inferred that they would be in the same building."

No, Lucien did not call after him, or run to follow. He waited a moment before following after him at his normal place. Lucien knew it was only a matter of time until he got lost or didn't know which was he was going, so he just hung back a while, yet close enough that he could still hear him talking. "And I'm sure yo'd probably get lost." Lucien told him, laughing to himself at the scene. "You know, for a person that can't act you're playing a five year old girl perfectly." He said, catching up to him again, placing his hand on his shoulder. "I'll apologize if you slow the fuck down."

[class=body] position: relative; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; width: 350px; height: 400px; overflow: visible; [/class] [class=polaroid] position: absolute; width: 325px; height: 375px; background-color: #F0F0F0; box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #E3E3E3; border: 0.5px solid #E3E3E3; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=pic] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 20px; left: 20px; background-color: #F5F5F5; [/class] [class=pic1] background: url(https://kopinie.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/tumblr_po8ju4MfPL1y6r3opo4_400.gif); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic2] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c8/f6/ac/c8f6accce0d767ff228fc6a2409341fb.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic3] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/24/0b/05/240b05ff23843016df9e29904e55cf3d.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=name] position: absolute; width: 100%; text-align: center; font-size: 35px; color: black; top: 310px; [/class] [class=splash] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #F0F0F0; [/class] [class=stats] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; color: black; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; line-height; 15px; background-color: #F5F5F5; top: 0px; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.9; [/class] [class=textcontainer] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 80px; left: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 280px; height: 285px; color: black; font-size: 13px; line-height: 15px; text-align: justify; padding-right: 20px; white-space: pre-wrap; [/class] [script class=button on=click] addClass slideup splash [/script] [class=slideup] animation-name: {post_id}slup; animation-duration: 1.7s; animation-fill-mode: forwards; [/class] [animation=slup] [keyframe=0]transform: translateY(0%);[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateY(-100%);visibility:hidden;[/keyframe][/animation] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=namehover on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 stats [/script] [script class=namehover on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 stats [/script] [div class=body] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(12deg); top: 15px; right: -35px;"][div class="pic pic2"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(-10deg); top: 20px; left: -50px;"][div class="pic pic3"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid] [div class="name namehover" style="top: 20px;"]devil[div class="stats hidden"]location: near the arts building | outfit: xx | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |[/div][/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text]Devlin had read both The Catcher in the Rye and Lord of the Flies, but to him, they were drastically different from one another. "Well, Catcher is about a boy named Holden Caufield who thinks all people are 'phonies', goes to a boarding school, gets expelled and leaves to go to NYC on his own." That was a very brief summary, but he didn't want to spoil it. "It's been a while since I read LOTF, but I'm pretty sure it's about a group of kids who survive a plane crash on an island and are on their own, live together for a while and then split into two groups. Then, they turn into savages and fight and kill each other." He read the book in middle school and remembered being horrified by what happened. "I've never read Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde or American Psycho." And he had no plans to do so. "We were forced to read a few Shakespeare books in high school. Romeo and Juliet was okay, but the only one I didn't mind was Hamlet. Oh, I've also read the Harry Potter books and liked them, so I guess they're amongst my favorites." Devil had never read Homer or Plato so he had no response to that. They were supposed to have read the Iliad and the Odyssey senior year of high school but he, of course, hadn't bothered to do so. SparkNotes had saved him that year. "I've heard the name Oscar Wilde before, but have never heard of or seen any of his books." They apparently weren't part of the American AP English curriculum. "Yeah," he responded with a chuckle, "I can definitely tell that you love him." It was obvious. "Hot?" he wondered. "What do you mean by hot? And why would you have gone to jail?" Yet again, here he was, displaying the incredible innocence that he'd always possessed and hadn't managed to get rid of. And it was when he was already several feet in front that Devlin realized Damian was right and hadn't really said Devil was a theater kid. However, there was no way he'd admit it, not right now. "No I wouldn't. I can easily google the name of the building and then put it into Google Maps on my phone." That's what he'd do if it came down to it. He rolled his eyes when he was called a five year old girl, though didn't stop walking. "Maybe I am a five year old girl in disguise." he called back, though knew it was a weak retort. Devil jumped slightly when he felt a hand on his shoulder but stopped walking. "Fine," he sighed. "Apologize, then." [/div][/div] [div class="splash button"] [div class="pic pic1"][/div] [div class=name]Devlin Rhee[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

[class name=container] margin: auto; height: 250px; width: 400px; [/class] [class name=containercont] height: 240px; width: 390px; [/class] [class name=chapterpic] background:URL(https://i.imgur.com/rzPEcm2.jpg); float: left; height: 240px; width: 190px; background-size: cover; [/class] [class name=scroll] float: right; height: 240px; width: 190px; overflow: hidden; margin-left: 5px; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] height: 98%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; [/class] [class name=text] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name=title] font-size: 18px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #000000; [/class] [class name=codetag] font-size: 9px; text-align: center; margin-top: 3px; [/class] [div class="container"][div class="containercont"][div class="chapterpic"][/div] [div class="scroll"][div class="scrollbox"][div class="title"]LUCIEN ULRICH[/div][div class="text"] "Hmm," Lucien hummed, tilting his head to the side as if he liked the sound of that. "This Caufield seemed like he had the right idea." It was safe to say Lucien didn't really kindle friendships with anybody from his hometown; most were what he liked to call yuppies. It wasn't exactly any different here, except the people here were well paid because they were actually smart, not just because they were daddy's boys. There was nothing more infectious in his mind than somebody who got something for nothing. It would be easy to say that's not how the world work, but in most cases, it was. "Most people are phonies. Most people fake so much confidence they lie to even themselves," he feigned a shudder, "gross." Contradictory, considering he himself was probably the fakest out of all. How could such a charming young man have such ulterior motives?

"Yeah, that's the one." He nodded. "I guess boys symbolise all of us. Without rules, we'd probably all end up killing each other." There was glint in his eye as he said it but worked hard to avod catching Devlin's gaze. Instead he quickly turned his head to the sky and squinted as the sun shone into his eyes. "Nice day, huh?" He said, then looked back down, pulling on his smile.

Luicen looked back over at him, nodding. Not many people had read the book as they had seen the film and realised how disturbing it was, but that was never really a shocker for Lucien. He wanted to read the book as in his head Bateman was some type of hero who stood up for what he believed in. And what did he even believe in? It was hard to say, but Lucien enjoyed reading it nonetheless. Perhaps it was to live vicariously through the eyes of the narrator. "I wouldn't read it. If I were you. You seem a little.." he trailed off, pursing his lips, "soft." He then grinned, playing off the fact that it wasn't an insult. More a compliment than anything. "Jekyll and Hyde is about a mad scientist I guess, he wants to create another persona so he creates Hyde. Not another person literally. I think it's a pre century take on Dissociative Identity Disorder, in the portrayal of horror. But Hyde gets up to some nasty shit. They can't punish Dr Jekyll as, well, it 'wasn't really him'." He explained. "And American Pyscho speaks for itself. it's about a wall street psycho." His thoughts on the book were that money couldn't buy you happiness, rather, it could make you feel above the law. And when you have everything, maybe the only way you could feel something was by doing something vile.

"You should. They're funny. There's plenty of movies too. Importance of being Ernest has that guy from King's Speech in it. They're absurd though." Wilde's humour was just strange. Lucien didn't really understand the response. His brow raised as he looked over, trying to conceal a laugh but failing to do so at the same time. When he composed himself, he bit on his lip then released it. "Let's just say. I once kissed a boy and I liked it." He said then laughed. "Well, once doesn't really capture it." He couldn't even remember the last time he kissed a girl unless he'd been drunk. Intoxication really swayed his standards.

"I highly doubt google maps can tell you which building it is in. It doesn't just say what part of the University is which." He chuckled. He was thankful he stopped because he really didn't like chasing after people, especially during the day. "I'm sorry." He said, almost too easily. He sounded like he meant it, but he almost always did. Apologies were something he was trained in. Any manipulation really. "Now you say it.." He paused, looking at Devlin as if he had something on his face. He grabbed his by the chin and moved his face around a little as if a before a big ceremony, seeing if he had anything on him. "..you do kind of look like a five year old girl." He then dropped his hand and stopped looking so serious, even letting up a smile. "Now if you're going to storm off with your knickers in a twist again, please refrain before letting me know. I really don't like crawling after children throwing fits." He said it lightheartedly though. "And stop pouting. It's cute. And that's coming from a big fat homo." [CHANGED MY NAME ON HERE! IT'S STILL CAT AHAH]

[class=body] position: relative; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; margin-top: 20px; margin-bottom: 20px; width: 350px; height: 400px; overflow: visible; [/class] [class=polaroid] position: absolute; width: 325px; height: 375px; background-color: #F0F0F0; box-shadow: 2px 2px 2px #E3E3E3; border: 0.5px solid #E3E3E3; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=pic] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 20px; left: 20px; background-color: #F5F5F5; [/class] [class=pic1] background: url(https://kopinie.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/tumblr_po8ju4MfPL1y6r3opo4_400.gif); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic2] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c8/f6/ac/c8f6accce0d767ff228fc6a2409341fb.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=pic3] background: url(https://i.pinimg.com/564x/24/0b/05/240b05ff23843016df9e29904e55cf3d.jpg); background-size: 100%; [/class] [class=name] position: absolute; width: 100%; text-align: center; font-size: 35px; color: black; top: 310px; [/class] [class=splash] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; background-color: #F0F0F0; [/class] [class=stats] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; color: black; font-size: 12px; text-align: center; line-height; 15px; background-color: #F5F5F5; top: 0px; [/class] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #dedede; opacity: 0.9; [/class] [class=textcontainer] position: absolute; width: 285px; height: 285px; top: 80px; left: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class=text] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 280px; height: 285px; color: black; font-size: 13px; line-height: 15px; text-align: justify; padding-right: 20px; white-space: pre-wrap; [/class] [script class=button on=click] addClass slideup splash [/script] [class=slideup] animation-name: {post_id}slup; animation-duration: 1.7s; animation-fill-mode: forwards; [/class] [animation=slup] [keyframe=0]transform: translateY(0%);[/keyframe] [keyframe=100]transform: translateY(-100%);visibility:hidden;[/keyframe][/animation] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=namehover on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 stats [/script] [script class=namehover on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 stats [/script] [div class=body] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(12deg); top: 15px; right: -35px;"][div class="pic pic2"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid style="transform: rotate(-10deg); top: 20px; left: -50px;"][div class="pic pic3"][/div][/div] [div class=polaroid] [div class="name namehover" style="top: 20px;"]devil[div class="stats hidden"]location: just walking around | outfit: xx | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |[/div][/div] [div class=textcontainer][div class=text]Devil didn't exactly agree with that statement but didn't say anything about it. Sure, phony people may exist, but just running away with nowhere to stay and no set plan in mind wasn't exactly the smartest idea. He himself would never do it. There were a lot of things he wouldn't do, but that was besides the point. He raised a brow at the comment about everyone killing each other. "Mmm, I disagree," he began, finally voicing his own opinion. "Sure, some people might be more inclined to kill without worrying about jail as a consequence, but not everyone is born with or has a desire to kill people." He himself certainly did not. "I think a majority of people have no desire to kill, me included, so I'm not sure how true that statement is." That's just who Devlin was--always trying to see the good in people or situations. But before he could really dwell on it, the topic was changed to the weather. Like... what? "Yeah... very nice." he agreed in a very confused tone. And he and no retort for when he was called soft because, well, it was true. He was soft. Very soft. He'd never said it, but most people knew he was. He stayed quiet at the explanations of the books and when it was over, was quiet for a second before speaking. "Yeah, don't think I'm going to read those." Like, ever. "Guy from The Kings Speech?" Devil asked with a raised brow. "You mean Colin Firth?" Firth was one of his favorite actors. "I think he was in that movie, though it's been a while since I've seen it." Years actually. Before he could dwell on the movie, he was distracted by the Katy Perry reference. "You did?" Obviously. "Did he taste like cherry chapstick? Did you kiss him just to try it?" And great, now he had I Kissed a Girl stuck in his head. Fantastic. But part of him was wondering Lucian explained it that way rather than saying it outright. Was he worried Devil was going to give him hate for it? A valid fear, but Devil was the last person to give a damn about what others sexualities were. "No, maps wouldn't," he agreed, "but I could go on the school's website, go to the performing arts page, then dance page, then locations, get the address and then type that into maps." A long process, but he'd do it if necessary. He fought the urge to roll his eyes when he heard the apology because he could easily tell just how insincere it was. Then Devlin nearly choked. "Me say it?" he spluttered. "Why in the world would I need to say it?" In his mind, there was nothing for him to apologize over. His eyes widened when his chin was suddenly grabbed and face inspected, but couldn't exactly say anything due to the grip on his cheeks. This time, he didn't refrain from rolling his eyes and they rolled in a full circle when he was called five. He bit his lip when told to stop pouting and just managed to hold himself back from saying 'I'll pout if I want to' because that phrase was the definition of childish. Instead of saying anything verbally, he made a show of over-exaggerating his pout and deepening it. There. Take that. "Are we almost at the building? I'm bored." [/div][/div] [div class="splash button"] [div class="pic pic1"][/div] [div class=name]Devlin Rhee[/div] [/div] [/div] [/div]

[class name=container] margin: auto; height: 250px; width: 400px; [/class] [class name=containercont] height: 240px; width: 390px; [/class] [class name=chapterpic] background:URL(https://i.imgur.com/rzPEcm2.jpg); float: left; height: 240px; width: 190px; background-size: cover; [/class] [class name=scroll] float: right; height: 240px; width: 190px; overflow: hidden; margin-left: 5px; [/class] [class name=scrollbox] height: 98%; width: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 17px; [/class] [class name=text] font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class name=title] font-size: 18px; text-align: center; letter-spacing: -1px; color: #000000; [/class] [class name=codetag] font-size: 9px; text-align: center; margin-top: 3px; [/class] [div class="container"][div class="containercont"][div class="chapterpic"][/div] [div class="scroll"][div class="scrollbox"][div class="title"]LUCIEN ULRICH[/div][div class="text"] Lucien shrugged at his point, of course he didn't really agree, but he wouldn't dream of saying that on the surface. "Figure of speech. We wouldn't, but the crime rates would be higher. Some people are just freaks. They kill for pleasure. I mean think about all the people in jail now for murder, and they did have the consequence there." He faked a shudder of disgust. He envied them, sometimes. But most of the time he was irritated by people who were caught. How hard was it to cover up tracks? And if you didn't know how, why in the world would you dare do something so seemingly unintelligent? He couldn't answer that himself, obviously. To think of such stupidity in the world made his skin crawl. "I agree, you couldn't." He chuckled.

He felt the confusion. Although he wasn't really aware how to stir away from it. Perhaps he'd made the situation even worse by diverting aay from the topic of death and murder some individuals. But, what could he do now? He breathed in. "Easily side tracked," He played off with a chuckle. "How could you go to class on a day like this?" Luckily for Lucien, he didn't have any classes today anyway. He would probably finish an assignment and be done with education for the day. That being said, Lucien was extremely vigilant in his work. He projected himself through it and loved to get it out of the way on the day it was given. He wasn't a teacher's pet, in fact he thought of teacher's as some of the lowest of the low in society. Maybe he was just biased. His uncle was a teacher and one of the most pathetic excuses for a human he had ever witnessed. Most other teacher's he'd encountered were the same. Trying to be relatable tutors were indeed the worst of their kind.

He nodded in response. "Yeah, that guy. He's in one of the Oscar Wilde films." He couldn't say if it was good or not, but it was certainly accurate to the book. Hardly anything had changed from it, perhaps nothing at all. A bit of creative license wouldn't go amiss.

Lucien nearly rolled his eyes but instead choked on a laugh that appeared out of nowhere. You could say he walked straight into that one, and he definitely did. "I knew you were soft, but, not that soft." Lucien commented, trying to stifle it. "But no, he tasted like vodka, and I'd tried it many times before. I haven't tried anything different." Well, that was a lie, he'd kissed many girls when he was drunk, but sober, he wouldn't dare. Something about girls repulsed him. Well, certainly the types that would always come his way. "It's probably the thing I'm most known for. I don't particularly like girls, sexually or otherwise." A sweeping statement, but had always usually been proven in his case. "Luckily I haven't accepted any invitation to become 'gay bestie' or whatever the fuck they call it. I may be stylish, yes, but, there is no way in hell I could manage to make them pull anything off."

"Oh come on, cheer up. You could've got somebody much worse than me to take you around. The guys that live with me are pigs so count yourself looking and stop looking so gloomy." harsh, they weren't pigs, but they'd eat Devlin up and spit him out without a second thought. He was pretty sure one of them played football, the other rugby. But he couldn't be sure as he never really paid them much attention unless he wanted them to do something for him or go out drinking. "It's this door." He pointed then walked through, leaning back on the door so it allowed Devil to walk through without holding it. "I'll stick around, show you where to go next." It wasn't like he had anything better to do.

Devlin Rhee

location: music building | outfit: xx | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |

Devlin shook his head when he was somewhat told to think about all of the people in jail for murder. "No thanks," he started, "I'd rather not think about all of that." Thinking about it would probably just ending up making him feel scared or sick, probably both.

"It would be hard to go to class on a day like this," he agreed, although he always went to class, no matter how nice the weather may or may not be. "But luckily for us, it's the weekend, so we don't need to worry about class." They'd have to worry about it on Monday since it was the start of the week but Saturday was thankfully school free.

And now Devil was just confused. Because how does referencing a song make someone soft? "How does me referencing a Katy Perry song make me soft?" he wondered, voicing his thoughts. He didn't think it made anyone soft, but maybe it did and he was just unaware. Who knows.

"Considering I don't like the taste of vodka, I doubt I'd like it." The only types/tastes of alcohol he actually liked were rum and tequila, for some odd reason. "I've never tried it," he admitted. "Kissing boys, that is. I've kissed girls." he added quickly, wanting it to be known that he had, in fact, kissed people before.

He ran his hand through his hair when he heard the next statement, trying to distract attention from his confused face. It seemed as if he'd be wearing this expression all day at this rate. "So you're saying you don't like any girls at all? Like... not even as a friend?" What did girls or a girl do to make Lucian react this way? Though Devlin knew it wasn't his business to ask. "Not once in my life have I ever heard of or seen anyone having a gay bestie. That stuff only exists in books, TV shows and movies."

Then he raised a brow. "They're pigs?" he wondered. "But back at the house you said they were friendly people..." Which one was it? Pigs or friendly. When they reached the music building, he walked right in without a word, stopping only when he reached the lobby. Devil looked around and located the stairs he'd probably need to take to get to his classroom and then decided he was done. "Okay. Let's go to performing arts now." He was planning on spending the rest of the afternoon there since he needed to practice the choreography he was supposed to learn before the first class.
code by erised erised

Lucien chose not to reply any further on the matter. For all he was worth, pushing and pressing on people was something he was common to do. Yet it wasn’t fun unless he had a reason. You see, although he was bad, merciless, malevolent, he could be as sweet as a freshly brewed rose tea, so long as he hadn’t a reason to be otherwise. This was probably the reason half of the people he had met, had a completely different view of him, to the other half. Don’t get it twisted, he wasn’t two faced — more twin personalities, conjoined in the mind, and only saw the light of day depending on who they were face to face with.

Lucien huffed our a laugh, yet it was more just air coming out of his nose. It was followed by a nonchalant shrug. “I’m not sure I have an answer for that, really.” He replied. He couldn’t explain why, but he’d just never met anybody, especially one of his male counterparts, referring to such a song. “But don’t het defensive. It wasn’t an insult.” It wasn’t exactly a compliment either, but he left that unsaid.

His face scrunched up, but only in humour at the remark. “What?” He spluttered. He shook his head as if he’d just cursed at him. “I’m offended. I thought everybody from college liked vodka. After all, it is the cheapest thing you can slug before going out.” He wasn’t offended in the slightest, really. But that was obvious by the emphasised tone of his voice. In fact, nobody truly liked it, did they? It was just a free way ticket to blacking our, which was preferable. “Speaking of,” He started, “You’re probably going to get baptised soon. If not tonight, then next Friday.” He wasn’t sure how he’d feel about it. Alivien rose his brow at the quick clear up. “Nice to know, kid. But where you’ll be going, you’ll probably end up kissing your fair share.” His lips curled into a smirk. He remembered getting baptised. Well, he didn’t exactly remember the night, but he certainly remembered the suicide sunday.

Well that’s unfair.” He replied. “I just don’t have many in my circle. And, most of the ones I met here, are, less than bright. But I suppose that could be accounted to any gender. I just have a preference with men. In both senses of the word.” He didn’t have a vendetta against females, he just didn’t like being around them. There was only a few he could stand. Most of them brought a particular energy he wasn’t fond of. Give me attention. Gross. The only people worthy of Lucien’s attention were of the XY choromosone.

They are. A bulldog can be friendly, doesn’t mean it cannot be rough.” He said. Instead of replying, he nodded his head, pursed his lips and continued on, until they arrived where Devil needed to be. As soon as he walked into the room he felt the weight of the world crash into his shoulders. God, he hated it here. He rolled his eyes into the back of his head before sighing and taking a seat at the side. There was no way he’d take part unless he was physically dragged off the chair. “World’s your oyster, Luci.”

(sorry for no template but i’m on my phone!)

erised erised

Devlin Rhee

location: leaving the music building | outfit: xx | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |

No matter what Lucien said otherwise, it sure sounded like an insult. 'I knew you were soft but not that soft' sure as hell sounded like an insult. It sounded like Devil was being made fun of for referencing a song. However, rather than pressing it any further, he decided just to let it go.

"You thought wrong," Devlin countered, because clearly, not everyone in university enjoyed vodka. "And I don't know about that. You can get some pretty cheap rum and tequila. Cruzan and Castillo rum range from ten to fifteen bucks," Though that might just be in the USA. "Sauza tequila is around that price too. So yeah, vodka isn't always the cheapest thing you can drink."

As someone who didn't like vodka, Devlin was very happy that they had cheap alternatives and always brought the rum or tequila to pregames before going out. And then he just blinked, because what the heck. Baptized? What? "I was already baptized," he began, beyond confused, "when I was around a month old." It was clear he had no idea what Lucien meant, completely unaware that 'being baptized' was also used as a slang term. "And where exactly will I be going?" he wondered with a raised brow. As far as he knew, he wasn't going anywhere.

Devil really didn't like the way Lucien was talking about girls, but he didn't know what he could say to defend them. "Yeah, it could definitely be either gender. I know plenty of guys that are way below the average level of intelligence."

After he finished looking around the music building, he'd made it all the way to the door before realizing he wasn't being followed. So he turned and raised a brow when he saw that Lucien was just sitting on the chair. Then he shook his head. "I'm going to the performing arts building. If you want to sit in that chair all day, that's your choice, but I'm leaving." Then he turned and walked out of the building. Devlin paused to look up the address of the performing arts building, plugged it into maps and then set off.
code by erised erised

I certainly wish I had come across any that cheap.” Of course, in bars, the spirits were all the same price. Or similar in price, which meant you could have a wide range that didn’t save you money either way, but buying from the local corner shop, you’d be lucky to see a bottle of Morgan for any less than £15. Which, due to the average wealth of somebody studying at Oakwood, would seem fine, but for the few like Lucien who were only deemed rich on outer appearance, finding the cheapest of anything was in his opinion, the better option. That being said, he wasn’t exactly poor, but he was frugal. He found it abominable to spend your riches on something that would, in a sense, be liquidised. “You can get a litre of vodka here for £7.” Obviously, it was the own branded stuff that had a powerful after taste of gasoline. But he found that anybody that drank for the taste, and not pure intoxication, was lying (anything other than scotch, that is). “The only rum i know by name is Morgan’s and Kracken.” He wasn’t what’s you'd call and alcohol conneseuir.

Lucien chuckled, snorting. “No,” he started, amused by what Devlin has said. “We call it getting baptised. Your first drink. First drink with us, I mean. When anything new arrives, it’s tradition to take them out on one of their first weekends.” He tried to explain, his expression now resuming its lucid tranquility. “But, you’re a christian?” Lucien wasn’t. His parents had found bestowing a religion upon their child foolish until he could make up his own beliefs. But, he never did. Lucien didn’t believe in a god, and if he ever did, he certainly didn’t now. “Not that it’s a problem. I’m just curious.” He added. “Most likely starting at the house, when we are hazy, it’ll be to Jezebel’s. And don’t be put off by the name, it’s not a strip club. It’s a bar.”

(ooc: lmao ignore the last part of the last reply, idk why but i thought devlin was going to class and not just looking around )

Lucien was conversing in an internal monologue, his callous hands sliding over the ragged grooves in the brick wall. He’d seen this room as many times as he’d like for his short life, and didn’t bother following him around. He waited for him to get a good idea of the room on his own. He’d been so caught up in his head that he didn’t even realise his eyes had been fixated, glossed over on the wall for over three minutes. Sometimes he wasn’t really here. He was somewhere else in the dark and melancholy corridors of his frontal lobes.

When he heard speech, he gasped, his eyes blinking simultaneously as he moved away from the wall. “I’m coming.” He declared quickly, now beginning to jog over to the next entrance. “How do you like it?” He asked. Even though he wasn’t overly keen on music or performance, he had to give it to the school, it was probably one of the best in the country.

erised erised

Devlin Rhee

location: to the performing arts building | outfit: xx | tags: the lotus eater the lotus eater |

Well... shit. Now Devil was worried. Based on what he was hearing, it didn't sound like there was going to be any cheap liquor in the UK. He would've liked to have drank, but wasn't about to blow all of his money on expensive alcohol. He figured he'd just have to pout his way into free drinks. Sometimes, desperate times called for desperate measures.

"That's about the same price," he pointed out. "Since pounds are worth more than the US dollar, seven pounds is about ten dollars, including tax. So, they're around the same price for a handle." Though he was sure the brands differed. "I've never heard of Kraken," That didn't mean they didn't have it in the US though. There was a high chance that they did and he just didn't know. "Captain is pretty cheap, but it's spiced rum and I'm not a huge fan of that." He liked other rum, just not spiced. It made his tongue tingle.

And well, Devil felt like booboo the fool right now. He should've realized that there was another meaning to baptized. "'When anything new arrives'," he repeated with a snort, using the snort to hide the embarrassment he felt from before, "I'm taking it to mean that I'm the 'anything' that you're talking about?" He knew he was right. But, based on how Lucien had described his friends thus far, Devlin wasn't too sure he wanted to go out with them. However, he doubted he'd have much of a say in the matter.

He nodded at the question. "Yeah, I am," he started, "but we don't really practice all that much. I mean, I was baptized, had my first holy communion and confirmation, but we don't go to church all that much," Hardly ever, actually. "The only times we go to church are for Palm Sunday, Good Friday, Easter and Christmas. So four times a year. And the only holidays we celebrate are Easter and Christmas." he explained. "So yes, I'm Christian, but not a full-practicing one, I guess."

Devlin knew that explanation sucked but it was the best he could do. He had no idea how to explain his family and was very thankful that the subject changed back to going out. He didn't mind that they'd be starting at the house, much preferring to pregame before going out. That way he'd already be pretty drunk beforehand and wouldn't have to buy drinks while out. "I'm not put off by it," he countered. "And even if it were a strip club, why do you assume I'd be put off or have a problem with it?" Though he'd never been to a strip club, Devil had no issues with them. In fact, he wanted to go to one, but had never voiced it aloud.

He was already well on his way to the performing arts building when Lucien caught up with him. "Decided to come along have you?" he asked, though didn't bother to wait for a reply before continuing. "It's nice" he began, "Well, the lobby and overall building are nice. I haven't had a chance to go inside any of the classrooms or practice rooms but I'm sure they're nice too. I'll find out for sure on Monday during my first day of classes." He already knew the performing arts building was nice since he was there yesterday for a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back