• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building NY Safe Area - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
am hype. not this next post, but soon, I got sum cookin. lets just say there will be two opposing viewpoints and it's unlikely everyone ends up on the same side...

u may have noticed a lack of proofreading on my part. I will try to shape up in future lol. just trynna churn stuff out for everyone

Just finished a short worldbuilding post. Tied up some lose threads from my last posting. Interested to see what becomes of my missionaries.

Just finished a short worldbuilding post. Tied up some lose threads from my last posting. Interested to see what becomes of my missionaries.
Man, won't it be a real treat when the Perfect Master and his congregation learns about the settlement filled with 'past sinners'. Love the worldbuilding going on here.

Man, won't it be a real treat when the Perfect Master and his congregation learns about the settlement filled with 'past sinners'. Love the worldbuilding going on here.
Ditto on the World Building; everyone is doing a great job. It would indeed be surprising to Amaruna that a settlement of “ex-sinners” is in some ways better organized than his own earthly domain. I think the notion of an earthly Perfect Master let alone one who is also a supposed Living God would be diametrically opposed to the core ethos of the Reformation. I can see Amaruna’s haughty and authoritarian nature being reviled. That being said I also quite enjoy the clash of the major personalities as well. Syprus to me seems to have come to his beliefs from a genuine place, similar to that of Saul’s alleged conversion on the Damascus Road. Whereas my interpretation of Amaruna is a conman who slowly believed in his own con.

Ditto on the World Building; everyone is doing a great job. It would indeed be surprising to Amaruna that a settlement of “ex-sinners” is in some ways better organized than his own earthly domain. I think the notion of an earthly Perfect Master let alone one who is also a supposed Living God would be diametrically opposed to the core ethos of the Reformation. I can see Amaruna’s haughty and authoritarian nature being reviled. That being said I also quite enjoy the clash of the major personalities as well. Syprus to me seems to have come to his beliefs from a genuine place, similar to that of Saul’s alleged conversion on the Damascus Road. Whereas my interpretation of Amaruna is a conman who slowly believed in his own con.
Man, this is just making me so excited for when everyone starts to interact with each other lol

The Safe Area's calendar is not perfect, known to dispute with the community's in Oswego, but you all know it to be the first or second week of August. there are story reasons its just a coincidence

download (25).jpeg

also got 3k words typed for next post lmao

Last edited:
I'm admittedly only fully reading your CSes now after having skimmed them to get the gist for acceptance and first posts and holy shit you guys are good. I'm one lucky gm fr. I gave you guys so little backstory but yall fuckin went off

Hahaha. Thanks! If you have Discord, I can invite you to peek at the Discord portions of my BoN games! :-D

fucking 10/10 would read again and I already read it twice. you're gonna put my post for u to shame lol. idk how to write for such cultiness (but I will try my damndest, don't let up on it!!)

and having seen Trek's NBRP community on discord I realize the tag of Nation Building may have been misleading to some - the rp is far more character centric and less stat based than seems typical of the category. But that doesn't seem to be harshing anyone's buzz

Last edited:
fucking 10/10 would read again and I already read it twice. you're gonna put my post for u to shame lol. idk how to write for such cultiness (but I will try my damndest, don't let up on it!!)

and having seen Trek's NBRP community on discord I realize the tag of Nation Building may have been misleading to some - the rp is far more character centric and less stat based than seems typical of the category. But that doesn't seem to be harshing anyone's buzz
Thanks. You are too kind. Alternative spiritualities, cults, and the psychology behind them are some of my personal rabbit holes. Satguru Amaruna and the Eternal Bliss Congregation are hodgepodges of different Eastern tinged sects, beliefs and associated godmen; some inspirations include Hare Krishnas (specifically those individuals involved in the ISKCON guru system), the Divine Light Mission (lead by the boy guru Maharaji Ji), Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh/Osho, Sathya Sai Baba, Atmananda, and Chogyam Trungpa. Also, a pinch of Stalin.

Honestly, I prefer a more character driven experience than anything, and I was hoping that's what I was getting going into this.

Man, this is just making me so excited for when everyone starts to interact with each other lol
especially when Amanda and Syprus go toe to toe. Having been soldiers of opposing parties to the Uprising, and no doubt having heard of one another's exploits because of their notoriety and infamy, both the exploits and the soldiers themselves, I'm sure there's no love lost, despite how Syprus claims to have changed. Or maybe she's the forgiving type (lol)

Thanks. You are too kind. Alternative spiritualities, cults, and the psychology behind them are some of my personal rabbit holes. Satguru Amaruna and the Eternal Bliss Congregation are hodgepodges of different Eastern tinged sects, beliefs and associated godmen; some inspirations include Hare Krishnas (specifically those individuals involved in the ISKCON guru system), the Divine Light Mission (lead by the boy guru Maharaji Ji), Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh/Osho, Sathya Sai Baba, Atmananda, and Chogyam Trungpa. Also, a pinch of Stalin.
Ya OK dawg I heard about the Waco wackos sum bout kool-aid and that's about it

but I try

especially when Amanda and Syprus go toe to toe. Having been soldiers of opposing parties to the Uprising, and no doubt having heard of one another's exploits because of their notoriety and infamy, both the exploits and the soldiers themselves, I'm sure there's no love lost, despite how Syprus claims to have changed. Or maybe she's the forgiving type (lol)
I mean, if Syprus threatens the Sanctuary or mutant kids, then Amanda would 100% have a grudge against him. She'd generally be mistrustful of him, but she wouldn't go out of her way to hunt him down. If it was pre–Sanctuary Amanda, you know she'd be running to assassinate him, especially if she had found out that in the past he had harmed innocent mutants, but she has bigger priorities than ex-military leading a 'God loves all' congregation. He doesn't bother her or any mutants, and he's not her problem. He can do whatever the hell he wants otherwise. That's her outlook towards a lot of things at this point.

It's definitely gonna be an interesting dynamic though, when they meet, and I'm pretty excited for it! Syprus thinks Amanda is doing the great Lord's work, according to his sheet, but Amanda is typically distrusting of military folk. It would take a lot for her to even begin trusting him, but maybe with time and good acts from him, she would. Getting these two together is gonna be interesting.

decided the mega is going to be a bit of a timeskip, just a few days, so forget skip day gonna resolve some scenes to keep everyone on similar pages Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 I'm assuming no further dialogue with constable but lmk if u want to do more before skip since u got one less post Crocodile Crocodile about to post for you but there might not be much to do in reaction mostly character build and setting the stage for plot lines Obsidian Obsidian we can do your little forest escapade scene by scene or you can just get a summary in timeskip. you have the option since ur going personally, I'm totally down to play it out AlwaysCrashing AlwaysCrashing will finish conversations with Abdullah and Mitravarcas

👍👍👍👍👍

I mean, if Syprus threatens the Sanctuary or mutant kids, then Amanda would 100% have a grudge against him. She'd generally be mistrustful of him, but she wouldn't go out of her way to hunt him down. If it was pre–Sanctuary Amanda, you know she'd be running to assassinate him, especially if she had found out that in the past he had harmed innocent mutants, but she has bigger priorities than ex-military leading a 'God loves all' congregation. He doesn't bother her or any mutants, and he's not her problem. He can do whatever the hell he wants otherwise. That's her outlook towards a lot of things at this point.

It's definitely gonna be an interesting dynamic though, when they meet, and I'm pretty excited for it! Syprus thinks Amanda is doing the great Lord's work, according to his sheet, but Amanda is typically distrusting of military folk. It would take a lot for her to even begin trusting him, but maybe with time and good acts from him, she would. Getting these two together is gonna be interesting.
Speaking of Mandi, I am always down for her having some sort of history with Eternal Bliss Congregation prior to the start of the Roleplay. Perhaps she was contacted by some concerned family members at some point to rescue their children from the cult in order to deprogram them. She could be persona non grata in Shambala. There is also a potential angle where she (possibly brought forth by perusing one of Gaganna's pamphlets) recognizes Amaruna as Dorian Rutherford; after all despite it feeling like lifetimes ago pre-apocalypse she was a cop, and he was a notorious conman dealing in confidence scams. It would not be that unreasonable if their paths crossed.

Speaking of Mandi, I am always down for her having some sort of history with Eternal Bliss Congregation prior to the start of the Roleplay. Perhaps she was contacted by some concerned family members at some point to rescue their children from the cult in order to deprogram them. She could be persona non grata in Shambala. There is also a potential angle where she (possibly brought forth by perusing one of Gaganna's pamphlets) recognizes Amaruna as Dorian Rutherford; after all despite it feeling like lifetimes ago pre-apocalypse she was a cop, and he was a notorious conman dealing in confidence scams. It would not be that unreasonable if their paths crossed.
Totally down for this! I can definitely see Amanda working on the case to track down and capture Dorian before the apocalypse, potentially thinking it would be a big break in her career because she usually didn't get to handle such big cases, even though she liked the smaller cases whenever she got to help a family or a kid in need. After the apocalypse she had other concerns, and the city had become pretty lawless so it's not like tracking down criminals would do much good, so the conman Dorian Rutherford slipped through her fingers. And she didn't give him much of a second thought with everything going on with her post apocalypse. She had bigger foes to track down than him.

And I can definitely see her helping some concerned folks to rescue family from Shambala, especially if they had helped her rescue mutants in the past. And more so if it had something to do with a mutant. Though she wouldn't risk getting herself caught or seen because of the Sanctuary, plus she has experience in this type of work, so I'd rather not have the whole of Shambala know of her existence. Maybe one or two could pick her out in a crowd, but for the most part no one knows of who came in the night to steal some of the Congregation. Just a vague feminine shape, possibly a member of the Constabulary. And in the same way, Amanda doesn't know that it was Dorian who was leading the cult at that time. She knows of their hateful mutant teachings but doesn't know a person of interest in her old, old line of work was the one spouting all the nonsense.

Totally down for this! I can definitely see Amanda working on the case to track down and capture Dorian before the apocalypse, potentially thinking it would be a big break in her career because she usually didn't get to handle such big cases, even though she liked the smaller cases whenever she got to help a family or a kid in need. After the apocalypse she had other concerns, and the city had become pretty lawless so it's not like tracking down criminals would do much good, so the conman Dorian Rutherford slipped through her fingers. And she didn't give him much of a second thought with everything going on with her post apocalypse. She had bigger foes to track down than him.

And I can definitely see her helping some concerned folks to rescue family from Shambala, especially if they had helped her rescue mutants in the past. And more so if it had something to do with a mutant. Though she wouldn't risk getting herself caught or seen because of the Sanctuary, plus she has experience in this type of work, so I'd rather not have the whole of Shambala know of her existence. Maybe one or two could pick her out in a crowd, but for the most part no one knows of who came in the night to steal some of the Congregation. Just a vague feminine shape, possibly a member of the Constabulary. And in the same way, Amanda doesn't know that it was Dorian who was leading the cult at that time. She knows of their hateful mutant teachings but doesn't know a person of interest in her old, old line of work was the one spouting all the nonsense.
I absolutely adore your additions. Stellar stuff. I can see the prejudices of the Congregation coupled with their staggering number of enemies hampering any real attempt to unearth the culprit behind the abductions; easier to blame the apostates or heathens and move on. The Constabulary being rather hands off with the sect would offer no real assistance to them in this matter further driving a rift between the two. Cooked up a potential starting point love to hear your feedback.

Louise Baxter is octogenarian who donates her time and meager earnings to The Sanctuary; she turns no request for aid down. She knows that raising children is not all roses; she has cleaned up her fair share of throw-up and changed a plethora of diapers in her day. She absolutely adores the mutant children and insists they call her Nana; when allowed she enraptures them with stories of what life was like back in her day. Despite her advanced age she is feisty, cankerous, and full of vigor. One day Louise is not as vivacious as normal, when pressed on this issue she finally relents that she received news her granddaughter Melissa (Spiritual name: Urjasvati) is once again pregnant. While, normally this is celebratory news Louise relays that her granddaughter is part of an authoritarian cult that exists on the outskirts of the Safe Zone. Her granddaughter joined the organization of her own free will and was quickly arranged to marry a devotee that she had never met let alone had romantic interests in. Melissa had attempted to make the relationship work, but it was doomed to be in a loveless marriage. This did not deter Urjasvati’s faith in her spiritual master, and she often told herself that her unhappiness must be a test of her devotion. However, she lost all faith in the organization and Amaruna after her first pregnancy. Her first child born suffered from severe mutations and supposedly died shortly after birth; Melissa steadfastly refuses to believe her child died that day, but was instead euthanized as those suffering from mutations were considered an affront to Amaruna. Melissa thought she would find sympathy from her community having lost her child, but everyone including her husband said she should be overjoyed as Satguru delivered her a blessing; mutants were the reincarnation of those suffering from bad karma and it was a curse to have to raise one. In fact, they alleged she must have harbored doubts about Amaruna for such an evil spirt to enter into her womb in the first place. Questioning everything, she reached out to her remaining family, which in the intervening time since she cut contact with them whittled down to just her maternal grandmother Louise. Unable to escape and pregnant once again Melissa fears that if she gives birth to another mutant, that child might die under mysterious circumstances again; even if the child is normal, she would be forced to raise it under a system of belief that she now knows is abhorrent. Lousie hates to ask for help, but the Constabulary refuses to do anything regarding the matter citing those in Shambala are free to practice their faith how they choose.

Roads are, for the most part, passable, fuel is still in abundance and it's future fuel so it won't rot out, but no EVs, but if you need to go a distance travelling by car is fine everyone's got cars. Most of the horses in the SA are owned by Isiah, gotta go thru him. Yes generators. There's a power station that one faction is working on with support of constabulary, shows promise but no dice so far. just chucking this stuff out cus it wasn't established earlier and don't wanna leave too much important stuff up to implication

Users who are viewing this thread

Back