• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Number of Posts Displayed Option

TentacleTherapist

A person who does things.
This is just a suggestion to add a drop-down in Browsing Preferences, or any other appropriate settings menu, to give more options for "Number of posts displayed per page" than just the default 10.

Even just 10, 25, 50, would be an acceptable amount of customization.

(This seems like it would break existing links without some chicanery. The suggestion still stands.)

TentacleTherapist said:
This is just a suggestion to add a drop-down in Browsing Preferences, or any other appropriate settings menu, to give more options for "Number of posts displayed per page" than just the default 10.
Even just 10, 25, 50, would be an acceptable amount of customization.

(This seems like it would break existing links without some chicanery. The suggestion still stands.)
I think this is easily possible with out breaking the existing links.

For now I've gone ahead and made the default number of messages per page 25.

So for all of you who have threads/roleplays with lots of messages and the number just shrunk, fear not, all your content is still there. Just more of it per page.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Because I wanted to :) !
25 per page is a standard across the internet for the most part.

[/QUOTE]
but but.. we should stay different and unique!

@The Dark Wizard

Damn it! WHY now I feel diminished with only 37 pages on my RP instead of 80+ >:(

It's REALLY hard to read through all of my previous posts now, it's easier to find keywords as mentioned before by someone else, with fewer pages.. ;_; Why...

PS, you should have an option to change how many posts you want per page.

Congratulations @TentacleTherapist! You've now seen first-hand how easy it is to make your mark on the community with a well-thought out suggestion ;3

RIPSaidCone said:
@The Dark Wizard
Damn it! WHY now I feel diminished with only 37 pages on my RP instead of 80+ >:(

It's REALLY hard to read through all of my previous posts now, it's easier to find keywords as mentioned before by someone else, with fewer pages.. ;_; Why...

PS, you should have an option to change how many posts you want per page.
oooh i agree on that one.

Yay! less clicking and more scrolling! ;D

(no sarcasm scrolling is easier then constantly clicking for the next page)

Wolf approves. 25 is a good overall figure, and that's exactly why it's such a popular choice.

We could consider making it 20 if we want to be unique. That would be exactly double from our old number *woof*

I didn't know 25 was standard! The site I'm from has 15 posts per a page.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Because I wanted to :) !
25 per page is a standard across the internet for the most part.

[/QUOTE]
This is also extremely useful so that when your reading through messages/posts you don't have to constantly flip through the pages.

Why...i liked it the other way now i have 85 insdie of 100something whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]I don't understand what you just said.

[/QUOTE]
To translate, I think they were referring to the number of pages they saw in their roleplay. They were just so distressed that they couldn't English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back