• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Number Hunters (Yu-Gi-Oh Roleplay)

Ceata just stood there silently, looking down at her quivering hand. She had lost to two children... all because of that stupid card. Mirror Force. If she had only drew her starlight path... then she could have countered it, and summoned a stronger monster! It wasn't bloody fair how well they drew their cards. A deal was a deal though... and she just screamed in rage towards the high heavens.

She marched up, and grabbed Yasuo by the shirt collar, yanking her into eye level with Ceata. She stated, "...Listen here punk, your Astral there? They want to destroy my home and started a useless war just so that they can become higher beings. I may have failed but unlike you... I have much more to lose... and so I won't stop till your dead, or I destroy your pixie..." She dropped Yasuo, hopefully, to her feet, and pulled out her twin Tachyon Dragons, and within them, her Tachyon Transmigrations. She would wait tell the cards were taken, before turning away. She marched off, stating, "I guess the Galaxies don't want me anymore... Maybe I can find something much more effective against you... Galaxie..."

Yasuo was still bouncing for joy over the fact that she had won a duel for once in her life. She still couldn't believe that she and Setsuko were able to beat that mean old Barian. She jumped when Ceata screamed in rage at the heavens before marching over to her. The taller female gripped onto the collar of her shirt and yanked her up off the ground so that she was staring eye-level with the older woman. And just like that, her happy nature was replaced by pure fear due to being picked up by the scary being and the threat. Before she could even utter out a reply, she was dropped back onto the ground and quickly scrambled away from the Barian due to what she had told her. It appeared as though she had unwillingly made an enemy out of her.

She was tempted to tell the Barian to keep her cards, but a deal was a deal. At least she was true to her word. And if she was, then that just made the dread of the threat even more frightening for the child. Besides, she needed them if she wanted to help Galaxi save the human world and his own from the war that was coming. She winced slightly, glancing up at her friend, her mind spinning due to what she was told. Was that really true? He had told he wanted to stop the war that was going to destroy his and her world, but Ceata said otherwise. She'd have to ask him about it later. Shaking her head to clear it, she turned back to Setsuko and handed the four cards out to the other preteen.

"Y-You helped me w-win that d-duel, Setsuko... Without you I d-don't think I would h-have been able to d-do it.. Even with h-help from Galaxi... ... S-So you c-can pick which t-two cards you w-want..."

Last edited:
Will nods before pulling out his deck. "Would you mind dueling me Ty? I think it will give me a great experience of how people here duel. But you don't have to if you don't want to."

Rebecca sighs before shaking her head "Will you shouldn't go and ask people to duel you all the time." Rebecca looked at back at Ty before studying him. "Sorry about that. Will just loves to duel people for fun."

(Is that better use of past tense @Kit-Kat kat?)

The Silent Z The Silent Z

Tyberius stopped and took note of the scene. Here he was.... A young duelist fresh out of school with a boredom and routine on his mind, but now he saw people gathering and duels taking place, a stranger and his sister or girlfriend talking to him and introducing themselves, now a deck being pulled and a challenge laid down. Sweet!..... Wait.... am I ready for a duel? I haven't figured my new system yet with this new number card, thing." Ty thought for a moment. Debating with himself over "To duel or not to duel.... this be the question" now coming to his answer with a sense of honesty and reluctance to admit. "Umm.... well normally I'd go full throttle and say yes. But my new card has my deck out of wack, but hmm....." He started to feel his duel mode taking over and brash style quickly changing his mind mid reply. "Aaahhh...... No way! Prepare to have your game on!!!!! Oh yeah!" Ty spoke full of enthusiasm and dueling spirit. Forgetting his decks challenge and going full throttle.

"Can't say I'll do all that, we all probably differ, but game on!" Ty continued to will before looking toward Rebecca. "No probs miss Rebecca! I'm full throttle and down for some throw downs! Or was it...... uh" Ty paused in hmm... style. "Anyways my harpies will be set." Ty added while grabbing his deck and setting it into his disc.

Tyberius stopped and took note of the scene. Here he was.... A young duelist fresh out of school with a boredom and routine on his mind, but now he saw people gathering and duels taking place, a stranger and his sister or girlfriend talking to him and introducing themselves, now a deck being pulled and a challenge laid down. Sweet!..... Wait.... am I ready for a duel? I haven't figured my new system yet with this new number card, thing." Ty thought for a moment. Debating with himself over "To duel or not to duel.... this be the question" now coming to his answer with a sense of honesty and reluctance to admit. "Umm.... well normally I'd go full throttle and say yes. But my new card has my deck out of wack, but hmm....." He started to feel his duel mode taking over and brash style quickly changing his mind mid reply. "Aaahhh...... No way! Prepare to have your game on!!!!! Oh yeah!" Ty spoke full of enthusiasm and dueling spirit. Forgetting his decks challenge and going full throttle.

"Can't say I'll do all that, we all probably differ, but game on!" Ty continued to will before looking toward Rebecca. "No probs miss Rebecca! I'm full throttle and down for some throw downs! Or was it...... uh" Ty paused in hmm... style. "Anyways my harpies will be set." Ty added while grabbing his deck and setting it into his disc.
Rebecca sighed "Go easy on him Will. Try to mess around before he starts to be a challenging opponent." Rebecca puts on her d-gazer and stares intently at Will and hoped that he won't get overconfident when he starts to duel Ty.

Will shrugged before putting on his d-gear
"Don't worry Rebecca. I want to fight someone who can at least put up a fight. What are the rules of this duel Ty?"

Last edited:
Setsuko wasn't all that shocked when Ceata started screaming and shaking Yasuo around (it kept in line with how she acted during the duel), but what surprised her was when Ceata actually honored her end of the bargain and handed over her number cards. Perhaps that woman wasn't completely bad. When Yasuo offered two of the cards to her, Setsuko just pushed Yasuo's hand back to her. "I'm not the kind of person who takes cards from others. You're the person she made the bet with--you keep the cards." She then raised her index finger for emphasis. "However," she added, "I'm going to have to ask you to explain what all that was about. That woman isn't a normal duelist; I can tell that much. Just what have you gotten yourself into?"

The other preteen blinked when she pushed her hand back, wishing for her to keep the cards. She wasn't the type that liked to take things from others either, but what else was she supposed to do? In order to save the human world and Galaxi's, she was going to get more Number cards from people. Maybe not forcefully like some would do, but the result would still be the same in the end. Giving a small nod, she placed the cards with her other Number card and extra deck for safe keeping. Having more than one Number card now--not to mention having shown it off doing that duel--made her a huge target and she was concerned by that.

When Setsuko asked her to explain just what all this was about, she shifted slightly on her feet. Oh boy. How was she going to explain this to her? Would she even believe her? Well, part of her thought she would have to considering Ceata wasn't a normal duelist as the other had pointed out, but there was still that smallest bit of doubt. It was only a matter of time before her friend found out anyway so why not just get it done and over with?

"One big m-mess? ...O-Okay so.... A few d-days ago, Utopia appeared, r-right? As well as t-this alien named G-Galaxi," Yasuo began, pointing to where the floating otherworldly being was currently at. "...B-But you can't s-see him? He's there t-though? But he h-helped out in the d-duel by telling m-me what to d-do. He wants to s-stop this w-war that's going to d-destroy his w-world and ours too. He said I n-need to help him collect more N-Number cards if I w-wanted to help s-stop the war... The person w-we just fought? ....I think she w-was one of the enemies of h-his? A Barian I t-think he s-said? They're a-at war with e-each other and us? ...W-Well soon to b-be I think? It's all r-really confusing, sorry..."

Rebecca sighed "Go easy on him Will. Try to mess around before he starts to be a challenging opponent." Rebecca puts on her d-gazer and stares intently at Will and hoped that he won't get overconfident when he starts to duel Ty.

Will shrugged before putting on his d-gear
"Don't worry Rebecca. I want to fight someone who can at least put up a fight. What are the rules of this duel Ty?"

Ty just stood silent wondering wether he should offended by the "Go easy on him will. Try to mess around before he starts to be a challenging opponent." Or be appreciative of it. Truly he was a young duelist and didn't exactly want to lose his new number card already or ever but at the same time his competitive side didn't like being underestimated due to his age. It was a challenge to see which side he should see it on. Though in the end he decided she meant it for the best and not as a judgment of age, experience and strength or skill. After she didn't seem the type for jabs at those who hadn't crossed her or her friends yet. "Hey yo! I'll put up a fight and then some if I get the draw for it!" He spoke up with a raised arm and fist to show his passion for dueling and competitive nature. "Rules? Do they often vary? I thought a standard duel would suffice. Not looking to take that card of yours just yet after all. Nor lose mine so soon." Ty responded

Taking out his first set of cards, Ty drew a sixth and stood tall across from Will. Taking initiative with his desire to duel and get his game on.
"Unless you object Will! I'll start us off with my signature lady...... Harpie Lady! Take Flight!" Ty roared with enthusiasm and a smile. Obviously this was his favorite card and the center card behind his entire decks theme and play style. Meanwhile the beautiful creature took stage with her screech call before settling into her stance before the young duelist. "I'll throw down two face downs Yo! Ending my turn. You're up Will!" Ty spoke ending his turn and two cards appeared upon the field behind his Harpie Lady.

Immer vs. Joel King

Opening move involves Joker Z drawing his cards, giving a once over casually with a smirk. Being the confident duelist he is the smirk would be common, no matter his hand. But due to his hand he sees his move and next two to three moves rather clearly. First opening with the spell card: Double Summon which allows him to open with an extra summon this turn. Then with a smile he summons first Spear Shark then Hammer Shark with a clear plan involving both and their effects. While a face down could be thrown onto the field to finish up his turn and leave him with two cards in his hand.​

Immer cocked his head to the side, faking a confused look. "Is that all? No fancy Xyz summoning or anything? Don't tell me you're playing cautious just because you're up against little ol' me," he mocked, drawing form his deck.

"Let's see, let's see, so many options...oh, I know! I activate my Twin Twisters spell card! By discarding one card from my hand, I'm allowed to destroy up to two spells or traps of yours. You only have one, though. So let's go ahead and get rid of it!" Immer said excitedly, watching Joker Z/s facedown get blown away.

"For my next trick, I'll be activating my Galaxy Zero spell, which lets me revive a Galaxy or Photon monster from my grave. I think I'll bring back the card I tossed for Twin Twisters; Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon!"

Yung watched from the sidelines as a radiant, shimmering dragon ascended up to the field. Such a terrifying and overwhelming force was nothing short of awesome to the boy, and his face contorted into an expression of glee.

"Oh man, that other guy's in trouble if he takes an attack from that thing! 3000 ATK points..." Yung reiterated. Tora didn't even flinch as she stood there, arms crossed.

Immer's dragon roared to life as it emerged, striking a terrifying figure. "I'd like to attack," Immer began, shrugging, "but sadly while equipped with Galaxy Zero my dragon can't attack or use its ability. Oh well. I place one card face down and end my turn. Your move, Joker."

"Always reliant on something, huh?" Joker Z grinned with his eyes closed. "I've no need to get fancy and not so early. Old fashioned tactics and dueling still have a place, Immer. Do try to remember it's not all Xyz and Number Cards these days. Some like me still use old school technique." He replied maintaining his cool, calm aura with air of confidence. Though he would have to admit his counterparts first move was nice, twin twisters to eliminate the face down trap card of his, compulsory evacuation device. Now he had his photon dragon out and ready to go.

"Not bad Immer. Let's see how your dragon holds up, huh?" Joker spoke opening his eyes and drawing a card from his deck. Casually taking notice of his latest draw. "Hmm....yes, perhaps, maybe so. I think I will...." Joker mumbled intentionally and took out one card from his hand to throw down. "Let's begin with terminating that face down, huh? Via mystical space typhoon!" Joker spoke with a louder and certain tone in his voice, showing more life and emotion into words. While watching the typhoon activate and take care of the face down of Immer’s.

"Alright now let’s shine some light, hey? Using hammers Shark ability, I'll take full advantage and reduce his level to special summon a single level three or lower monster from my hand. Let’s go beautunaful princess..." He added before chiming in some more. "But not for long dear. I'll use her ability as well....by banishing her to the graves, I shall be able to special summon from my deck Big jaws!" Joker continued as the small fish was summoned then banished to bring out big jaws from his deck. "I'll add a throw down and end my turn." Joker smiled then paused. "Oh yeah, but first I'll use and explain Spear Sharks ability, it adds one level to all level three or lower fish types by one. Bringing Hammer back up to four and now big jaws to four as well. And now I shall finalize." He spoke with a final touch.

"Wait, three level four monsters?! Doesn't that mean an..."

"Xyz Summon." Tora finished off Yung's train of thoughts, making the boy fall over in place.

"Why though? Why wouldn't he summon an Xyz monster..." Tora continued, raising one hand to her face.

Immer let out a small smile as he drew his next card. Alright, time to make my move. "Y'know, Joker, it almost feels as if you're hesitating... Like you're afraid to call out your Number because you know I'll make short work of it. Now that I think of it, hesitating seems to be your M.O., eh? Guess that's why you're still bothering the Kings despite knowing there's not anything left for you to get out of us. I mean, your dear old partner certainly hasn't come crawling back to us, so why bother?'

'...I guess that's not important now, is it? On with the duel. I summon Galaxy Wizard and use his effect to boost his level by four! Since you don't seem to want to Xyz summon, I might as well take the initiative. I use my Photon Dragon and Galaxy Wizard to build the overlay network and Xyz summon Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon!"

Galaxy-Eyes and Galaxy Wizard both turned into unstable yellow energy beams, swirling together in a red vortex before causing an explosion. A new Galaxy-Eyes took the field, adorning new armor and larger wings. Two yellow Overlay Units circled the Xyz monster as Yung watched in awe. Tora, on the other hand...

"Does this man not have any Numbers...? They seem to know about it, so why wouldn't they summon it?"

Grinning as ace monster took to the field, Immer shot his opponent a glance. "What do you think? He's pretty cool, eh? Don't get excited just yet, though; it gets better! Using my Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Dragon, I can rebuild the Overlay network! Say hello to Galaxy-Eyes Cipher Blade Dragon!" Once again, Immer's dragon roared ferociously as it entered the field.

"Reconstructing the Overlay Network?!" Tora nearly shouted in disbelief, quickly covering her mouth. Yung shot her a look of confusion.

"Huh? What's wrong, Tora?" the boy asked. Tora managed to regain composure. As the Galaxy-Eyes ascended up into a red vortex, she realized he wasn't talking about Chaos Xyz Change- a power humans shouldn't have been able to access.

"My Cipher Blade Dragon can be summoned using any rank eight Galaxy-Eyes Xyz monster I have on the field as material. How convenient is that? I like to call it 'Xyz evolution.' Pretty handy trick, isn't it? That's not all he can do, however; by removing one overlay unit, he can destroy any card on the field! Let's get rid of that new face-down of yours!" One of the glowing orbs circling Cipher Blade disappeared and the dragon let out another roar before rushing at the holographic facedown and splitting it in two.

"Now that that's out of the way, why don't we get to the fun part? Cipher Blade, attack his Spear Shark!" Like the facedown before it, JK's Spear Shark was mercilessly cut in two before disappearing in a flash of light and particle effects.

Joker Z LP: 2400

"I think I'll end it there for now. Best respond before I run you through, Joker."

"Hesitation? Short work, huh? Can’t say I didn’t try and inform you, Immer. That’s the trouble with the kings, always caught up with number cards and Xyz summons. Predictable and common practice these days. I said before I don’t need to get fancy early and pull out the big guns, tactics and pace have strengths you seem to forget." Joker spoke taking once more a stance against the popular and more power based methods of modern dueling, ever since the numbers and Xyzs hit the shops and duelists. "As for fear..... Dream on, Immer. Though call my style what you will, it will have little effect. While kings are merely tools in my game, mostly a game that’ll end you kings, once I'm done reclaiming what that sorry partner of mine stole in his cowardice." Joker spoke observing his counterparts move letting no monster or Xyz summon phase him and his process of strategy,

watching his card destroyed and the new beast before him. Joker kept his calm before the storm, obviously while others may wonder his tactics and motives.... Joker Z knew what he was doing. While his Poseidon wave trap card played favorably into his plans, it didn’t change his outcome... He always had back up plans for every tactic he devised. He cautioned pace and strategy before power, even that Cipher blade of his and the 3200 attack points it offered couldn’t alone win a duel.

Joker had been taking notes, first was the cipher blade and its elimination of JKs spear shark, but more importantly while joker did indeed take a nasty hit to his life points, Immer left no likely defense such as face downs. Leaving him open for a dose of Jokers tactics and long planned opening.

You see Joker had his swarm tactic in play especially with the spamming of his two monsters effects in unison with one another. A pair of single trap cards lying face down for if such a time they could be used should come. But all along they were mere pieces in Jokers strategy, pawns in his game of chess. Setting up nicely his queens grand entrance and eventual taking of advantage for Joker Z himself.

"Alright Immer.... unlike some duelists around the world, I’ll give you props on your move. Nice Work! But just recall this one and maybe you’ll see to what I was alluding to before and throughout this duel a matter a fact." He spoke with a smile as he drew his latest card. Looking his cards over he grinned seeing his plan had come along nicely. It’s always a gamble but when they pay off.... It’s quite the rush. "Alright first things first....Ill normal summon Double Fin Shark in attack mode! Then use his special ability to bring back Spear Shark in defense position." Joker paused then looked to Immer. "Now I shall begin to build the overlay network! Using hammer shark and spear shark I shall bring forth Number 37: Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark!!!"

"...Numbers," Tora repeated after Joel.

As the networks were built, lights flashing and hammer shark and spear shark ascended into the air as his Number 37: Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark entered into play. Joker observed then turned his grin to something more dark and delighted as if he just smelled blood in the water. "Now let’s get down to business.... shall we? Spider Shark let declare attack and use that ability, huh!" He spoke as Spider shark went into attack mode, number 37's effect would activate, causing one of the Xyz materials to detach and bring down all opposing monsters attack points by 1000.... “You see as he attacks I can declare his effect and detach one material to bring all your monsters atk level down by 1000 points. Spider Shark crush his Cipher Blade dragon!"

"What a terrifying effect," Tora commented again, but Yung didn't listen. He was too caught up in the spectacle of it all.

Watching on as the spectacle took place, seeing a powerful monster reduced in attack points and crushed by the oncoming Spider Shark. Joker smiled as the plan was reaching its stage of vital effects. "Now onto the next....Big Jaws follow up and take a bite out of his life points! Then you too Double Fin Shark!"

While Big jaws followed after Spider Sharks attack and clearing of Cipher blade, going for a direct attack and then Double Fin Sharks direct blow. Joker looked on as the life points of Immer’s should reach:

Immer’s LP: 800

"I’ll throw down a face down and end it here, Immer! My response has been heard."

From the sidelines, Aella watched the duel with some confusion. Why didn't Immer use his dragon's second effect? He could’ve easily avoided most of that damage if he had. Unless...

Expertly faking a look of concern, Immer scratched the back of his head. "Damn, that was dumb of me. What am I supposed to do now?" He briefly glanced over his cards, then timidly placed a monster face-down. "That's it for me, I guess. Knew I shouldn't have packed my deck with so many dead draws..."

I knew it, he's throwing the match, Aella thought, pinching the bridge of her nose. That probably means there's something else he wants from this duel. But what?

"That’s it, huh..." Joker spoke then closed his eyes, something was off. Joker Z had always been a confident, cocky and skillful duelist. Years on the streets, judgmental and hate filled comments from passer byes.... He had to get good, his days with the thug kings only helped raise his skill and further his attitude. But didn’t mean he always overlooked the strong, Immer was rolling early as Joker took the slower approach. But suddenly just Jokers plan was reaching its vital point, Immer backed his foot off the pedal... Why? He had heard this duo of Aella and Immer were strong, the kings new top duelists.... Thus his early pre-duel banter. What was Immer up to?

"Alright Immer. Whatever you’re up to with this move and duel...... You’ve garnered my attention. But don’t expect me fall on my face in shock, huh?" Joker spoke with a slow opening of his eyes and draw from his deck. "Hmm...... When blood is in the water, you strike and that’s rather seeming too obvious here, huh? Ah well... I'll risk it. Spider Shark crush his face down!" Joker added though curious still of the change that had a suspicious tone to it all. "Now Double Fin Shark let's end it here!"

As Spider Shark looked to destroy Immer’s face down monster, leading to Double Fin Sharks direct attack to place the final touch this chapter.

Immer’s LP: 0

Immer ruffled his hair, faking embarrassment. "Well, that blew. All that trash talk for nothing. Guess that's what I get for being cocky, eh?" Letting out a shrug, Immer took off his D-Gazer and took a few steps closer to Joel. "Well, ya beat me. I know you said you weren't interested in my Number, so how about I give you a juicy bit of info on your partner instead? I do owe you something, after all. Them's the rules."

Immer looked around, as if checking to see if anyone was listening in, then faced Joel and signaled for him to come closer. "You remember the Grevix family? Mysterious bunch, like to keep to themselves. Well, recently I've heard that they've started actively hunting Numbers out in the open now, and are offering a hefty reward to anyone that brings them one. Seems like a good place to run if you had a whole stack of 'em, right? I mean, Cage certainly wouldn't have gone to the NHUA, though you know that already.'

'Welp, I'm beat. Losing really takes it out of ya, you know? Come on, Aella, let's go find some grub. I'm so hungry I could eat a Battle Ox."

"Uh...right, okay," Aella said confusedly, stepping up next to Immer as they walked away.

As soon as they were out of earshot, Aella turned to look Immer in the eye.
"It's not like you to throw a match. You plannin' somethin' with that Grevix bunch?"

"Indeed I am," Immer replied. "If Joker took the bait, I've no doubt that he'll be knocking down their door any day now. When he does, we'll swoop in and garner whatever intel we can. Plus, it'll get him off the King's backs, so it's a win-win for all parties."

Aella gave Immer a sly smile.
"You're pretty devious, aren't you? I like that."

"Why, yes," Immer returned Aella's smile, "yes I am."

Joker would take the victory but something was odd. The sudden change from one style of dueling with a air of confidence and certainty to this form. Immer had performed a change in tactics, no? Either way Joker felt about it, the victory came as JK was sure it would. While the tactics could of changed and things could of happened, Joker was always trusting of his deck and that old phrase 'Heart of the cards' tale he once heard wasn't far off. He figures he could win just about any duel because that's just how he was and how much confidence he had in himself.

The more pressing issue was now Immer himself. Rather humble, No? Not the same man from before atleast. Whilst he approached closer and signaled for Joker to come closer.... JK slowly approached as he put away his hand and allowed his disc to remain upon his wrist and arm, while listening. While it was suspicious, Joker was further lured in with talk over his former partner in Cage. So Joker nodded at the early telling Immer had for him since Joker wasn't interested in his number card. A piece of information that was perhaps more value able to Joker then anything right now.

"Grevix huh? Yeah I can remember that lot. " He nodded with his eyes partly closed. Continuing to listen to Immer talk. "You don't say....... I'm a little surprised you'd give up such information, while I'd ask more. I think I'll look into this matter and say thanks for the tip. Grevix might just be seeing me around here sometime soon. Lions den or not." He added, while becoming rather certain it could have been offered to get Joker off the kings back for awhile. While taking out some potential Grevix rats in the process. Eliminating the competition without getting their own hands dirty? Maybe take two birds out with one stone? Either way..... Joker would take it and give this tip of news a shot. It was more then worth it to see his cards back and get closer to ending Cage.

"Yeah... See ya around Immer, Aella." Joker replied in now passing as both parties went separate ways.

Meanwhile Joker looked around and thought over this new lead. Grevix family might offer a host of duelists or just individuals ripe for the picking. Either way didn't matter to Joker. But some planning and timing was in order, first. During his scan of the area, it seemed like multiple duels occurred during the same time period of his and Immers duel.

Quite the scene Jk would imagine, quite the scene indeed, but since that was over and he hadn't seen other duels with his own going on. Jk just shook his head and continued to look around and walk a bit in a slow, observant pace.

Brass Skeleton Brass Skeleton

Upon seeing that the duel between Joel and Immer was over, appearing that the older teen had won his duel like she and Setsuko had, Yasuo waved her new friend over and tried to put on a smile, though she was still shaken up by what had happened a few minutes ago. She tried to push it aside for the moment as she greeted her new found friend once more.

"H-Hey... Congrats on w-winning your d-duel.." she told him once he was within earshot.

( The Silent Z The Silent Z )

JK had been walking casually slow with a hand inside his pockets. Listening to the sounds of the street and passers by, when he turned his head to a familiar young girl waving over to him, Yasuo? Yeah that was it. The girl with a shyness to her but now seemed a tad more outgoing with a wave and smile. Walking over in response putting a smile on his face, he nodded and placed his free hand near his thigh in hanging fashion.

"Thanks Yasuo." He spoke looking toward her eyes. Was something the matter? Maybe he was imagining it. After all he just met her today and she could just be still nervous around him? He couldn't say exactly. But he kept his smile and decided she would say something if there was a problem.

"Say.... I see some duels must of gone on recently and some starting up. Did you and your friend take part?" Joker asked nicely, though now that he noticed it could have been both of the young duelists and perhaps that friend Yasuo mentioned earlier.

Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

The preteen gave a nod to the question that was asked. She gave a small 'mhm' in response to it, glancing over at her friend at her side. The two of them sure did have a duel. But it was a pretty intense one. Nothing like the other duels that were taking place currently or had already finished--such as in JK's case. She turned her gaze back to the teenager.

"Y-Yeah, we did. Setsuko and I did a t-team duel against s-someone else,"
she told him softly. She didn't know if she should tell him about what had happened during it or not, but she had a feeling that he'd find out sooner or later too, just like her schoolmate would, but at the same time... What if it put him in danger too? Setsuko was already sort of in it since she took part in the duel and she didn't want to put anyone else in it. But if the human world was in danger, didn't that make everyone here in danger then? Ugh... Everything was so confusing lately... "And we w-won ours too."

Noticing Yasuo's nod to his question and moment for a mhm... 'Did it go well?' He pondered as the girl did her mhm while glancing over at her friend. " Ah I see. You & Setsuko team up, huh? Nice. Team duels can be..... a Fun." He offered a smile and attempted to sound honest when he said fun. Honestly they could be fun but such experiences brought memories of a certain person to mind, in which invoked a different kind of response and expression at times. So suppressing it with a pause and forgetting the memory. Jk looked to Yasuo and Setsuko. "Congratulations you two! It's looking like your a duelist on the rise, huh? One victory early into your dueling years should boost that confidence." He added though it was seeming like something happened during that duel or Yasuo was truly a shy and timid girl even around a familiar if still new face.

"If you don't me asking Yasuo..... What was the name of your friend you'd mentioned earlier today? Maybe we've met before or maybe I heard of him? I've dueled for some years now after all. Usually names of duelists carry far or encounter a lot of people when traveling." Jk spoke in curiosity. If she was in a duel while teaming with Setsuko. Joker imagined this friend would have possibly been there to cheer them on and ensure the girl was ok, seeing as she now had a powerful card in her possession. Though JK's curiosity was still a curious thing to him. "Oh and nice to meet you, Setsuko. Didn't mean to appear rude on first encounters. I'm Joker Z.... I mean Jk or Joel if you'd prefer, I've got a few names to choose from with my history." Jk spoke in introduction as he spoke to the pair of young duelists before him. Keeping his eyes looking to them both with a small smile.

Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

"E-Eh, dumb l-luck on my p-part that we w-won?" she offered. Sure, Setsuko did her part and Galaxi had done his with helping her through it, and if her friend hadn't stepped in to help her out with dueling Ceata, she was sure she would have lost it and kissed her Number card farewell. "Setsuko and my f-friend did most of t-the work? ...I don't k-know how to f-feel about winning that d-duel...?"

Sure she was happy that she was able to win it, but the threat she was given after it made her feel less than cheerful about the whole thing. If anything, it frightened her. From what Ceata had told her and her alien partner, she was going to come back and get rid of both of them in some sort of way. It was scary to think about. What was she going to do? Was there anything she really could do at this point? This was too much for a mere ten-year-old child. Why had her otherworldly friend picked her to get involved in this mess? She didn't understand....

Yauso shifted slightly on her feet at the question. Oh boy. How was she going to explain that to him? There was no way JK would have been able to know of the Astral being that tagged along with her wherever she went. No one else could see him aside from her and that Barian it seemed. But she figured she might as well let him in on the little secret too. She just hoped he wouldn't think she was insane for seeing something only she and Ceata could.

"U-Um... no offense, JK, but I-I don't think y-you'd know him..." she began just as quietly as when she first spoke when she met him a little while ago. "But he's here right n-now... You just can't s-see him... His name's Galaxi and h-he's an alien t-that I'm trying to h-help save the w-world..."

"Dumb luck, huh? You gotta believe in that deck more and yourself. Its luck and skill both to win with some other bits. But mostly those two traits alone play the greatest role." Jk spoke meaning to build up her morale. It was odd for him to drop into a kinder and gentle seeming version of himself, but somehow he did around younger duelists like Yasuo and Setsuko. Perhaps not wishing to act as older folks did to him at that age? It was hard to say. "Nice work to your friend and Setsuko. But you must of played a role too, it was a team effort. While winning that duel should raise your spirits....Unless I'm missing something?" He responded pondering that and seeing her reaction to telling him about her and Setsukos victory.

Now Yasuo was giving a small shift in quiet pause after his question brought forth the reaction he was seeing before him. Hmm..... Must be some friend if JK's question gave her pause. But then hearing her begin to speak Jk chuckled softly initially while listening to the young duelist talk.
"I'd think it's ok. No offense taken." Jk spoke thinking it must be a modest reply about her friend or she was protecting him? Or perhaps other possibilities he supposed. But then she began to speak like he was here, now, with them this whole,time....... What?! She must be joking. A imaginary friend? Yeah that's it. Yet it didn't seem like she was joking. She seemed like it was the truth, just how far does life extend beyond this planet? Was there life elsewhere? So many thoughts were running across his mind and bringing more questions then answers, doubts then visible facts. Belief?

"You....Your....You're serious, Yasuo? A alien that I can't see and you can see, who happens to be your ally against this potential war? Galaxi? Uh....hmm....." Jk paused trying to make out what just happened. Could she really be serious and telling the truth here? The more he thought about it, the more he recalled hearing strange things happening during the era of those legendary duelists of yester year..... So perhaps this was real?

"Well umm...... I... I.... Well Met, Galaxi? I'd question this but can't seem..... it could be possible I suppose? It wouldn't be the first odd thing to happen in the history of duelists, would it." Jk spoke slowly coming around to the idea. "Wait...... I'm guessing it's a war, most world threatening deals are war related. Just you and Galaxi? It's kinda risky for a young and alien pair, don't you think? I don't mean to offend. But you might think of adding some allies to your ranks.... Watch your back and such. It will be a tough road for a brave young girl and her friend Galaxi."

Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

"I-I just did w-what my f-friend told m-me? I don't think t-that really counts...? ..Hard to feel h-happy when you g-get threated to be k-killed..." she mumbled in reply, glancing away for a few moments, before turning her gaze back to him.

She swallowed as she watched the older teen. How was he going to react to the news? Was he going to believe it to be nothing more than a mere bluff? That she had an imaginary friend that was with her currently? She could see the shock on his face at the news as he thought over what she had just told him. Though she was surprised to see that it appeared that he believed her about her alien friend that helped her out. Not only that, but he also offered some more advice to her gather more people to help her in the war. She was thinking about doing that, but...

"Y-Yeah... It's true... He's here w-with us right now... And he says i-it's nice to meet y-you too, JK... I was um... t-thinking about it? But... I didn't w-want anyone to get h-hurt? Galaxi says the whole human w-world as well as his own i-is in danger, but..."

"Killed? Wait...... someone threatened to kill you, over a duel?" Jk repeated and replied. He closed his eyes and shook his head..... It was seeming not everyone had lines they'd not cross. He spoke of similar deals before but never thought he'd hear a death threat before. Especially to young girls just starting out in their dueling life. "That's a bit,...... Its overboard. Certainly overboard." Jk responded in continuance of his talking in reply. Truth be told it kinda irked him that some jerk liked to threatened young lives like that over a duel. There were simply lines that people shouldn't cross even in the worst of times, such as kids and killing them or threatening to for that matter.

The nerve some people had and over a mere duel. Least by the sounds of it. While Yasuo responded with Galaxi's words for him about it being nice to meet him as well. Jk gave a nod and smiled.
"It sounds like people could get hurt either way. If a threat looms over this world..... It'd better us know and prepare then react to termination and destruction. Not to mention some might just blow it off anyway...... But a duelist your age needs some help. Any duelist could in that spot. You may not want them hurt..... but you could get hurt and them if you don't ask for allies and build yourself a team." Jk offered in counter to her mindful thoughts. "Don't take this wrong Yasuo.....But until your confidence grows, you could get seriously endangered yourself, a team and support system is your card to play."

Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

The ten-year-old gave a nod in reply to his question. She bit her lower lip as she looked down at the ground. "Y-Yeah.. The person Setsuko and I d-duel threatened m-me... She says s-she's going to k-kill me... And or take Galaxi a-away from me... She was one of h-his... Our enemy...?"

Yasuo glanced up at him in surprise, listening to what he had told her quietly. That made sense. She really didn't have a whole lot of confidence in her, at least not yet, and not telling people about the threat that loomed over them wouldn't be the smartest thing she could do. After all, it affected them just as much as it did her. She cast a glance over at her partner and she gave a nod in agreement to what the older teen had told her without her even needing to ask him. Taking a deep breath, she looked back at JK and Setsuko. She was quiet for a moment before speaking again.

"...Then... Would y-you two be up for j-joining me?"

( The Silent Z The Silent Z Thesmashbro Thesmashbro )

"Factions..... I bet this woman was part of some faction. Bullish woman by the sounds of it." He spoke still a bit at odds with the news of some bully of a woman going around threatening death on people. Jk had his eyes closed and thoughts running for the moment as Yasuo paused and began to speak again. Opening his eyes in time to notice her glance up at him while perhaps thinking and then took her deep breath and looking back between JK and Setsuko.

What? Join her and this young team of world savers? Jk kept his expression clear of his thoughts current process. But he wasn't quite forseeing that move, he was a older teen with a past who she just met..... his business could get her into more problems then she has already. While on the other hand it was his mention of her needing a team that could be why she was asking him. If JK didn't join her..... What then? She was threatened with death or Galaxi free life already. And not to mention his last partnership went south and was the reason for the path he was on..... mostly anyway.

Even a past thug king though couldn't just sit on the sidelines and let some human esque doomsday stop him from his goals. Perhaps they could be two sides of the same coin? Maybe this Grevix family had a role here? Or maybe he'd just have better luck running into those rats and getting into their lair or wherever they hide and may have what he's after, if they have it at all. By helping stop this mess from happening? Maybe.

He had reasons for joining and not joining, honestly. On one hand this young girl needed a team and even his former thug king couldn't sit by and let her off on her own...... well and this Galaxi to stop such potential trouble from happening. While on the other he was after Cage and his stolen cards which now could be involving the Grevix family and their stepping out into the light to conduct business rather then hide in shadows.

"First before I answer..... It's only fair to warn you, I've got business to settle and it could become only more troublesome for you, then you'd like to have with this world saving business of yours. Second thing: I'm keeping to my own mission and fact checking as this team progresses. I've no need for cold trails." He spoke with a closed set of eyes before looking to Yasuo. "Meaning this could bring detours on your path, alright? The Grevix family could get involved too.... if they have or know something I'm after. But in thirds..... I can't exactly say get a team and let a kid run off alone with her alien pal, huh? Hmm....... If humans are threatened.... It will effect me and my lost cards. Fine. As long as we've got a accord then I'll assist you, Yasuo and your friend I can't see in Galaxi." Jk spoke wanting to clear it all up before agreeing to anything. Though in truth a part of him just couldn't stand by if this was real and let a young duelist like Yasuo endanger herself like this without something more to help. He had his mission with Cage and his cards, he had a history as a thug king and was the sort to have a tough exterior shell. But street rats like him and young duelists kept a soft place within his shell. So he'll join up and try pursuing both paths.

"I don't suppose..... Your friend could show himself to others, huh? Provide some presence for us to see." Jk asked

Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

"W-Well, no? ...Maybe...? She was a B-Barian? Which is t-the other a-alien race that d-doesn't like Galaxi's? And that's going to w-war against his w-world and o-ours? I t-think?"

The child waited quietly for her answer. She hoped the two of them would join her and Galaxi in saving the human world and the astral world from the Barians. After all, she did need a team right? Why not ask the two closest to her first to join it? It would be better than her running off into danger by herself with her alien friend. Plus, the world being taken over or destroyed affected them too. So why wouldn't they join to save it?

Yasuo and Galaxi were both silent as JK spoke of his own goals in mind. They could understand that seeing as how they had a goal too, different of course, but still, they had one. If he had business with the Grevix, then that would mean trouble. But who was the say that her little team of world savers wouldn't run into them sooner or later anyway? Moreso if they had Number cards of their own? Plus, if they were involved in the rumors said, it only stood a higher chance that she and her little group would run into them sooner or later anyway. In the end, JK would be able to get his business taken care of while helping out with saving two worlds.

But it seemed that he did agree to join and that was more than enough to get her to perk up. She gave a nod and thanked him for joining her little team. Though she frowned at the last question, glancing over at her floating pal. Could he? She could see him just fine and Ceata had been able to as well. Not to mention, hear him as clear as she could. How come no one else could?

"I don't k-know? I see h-him just fine? And the p-person Setsuko and I d-dueled could too..?"
she answered before she turned her gaze towards where her friend was floating. "Um, c-can you?"

"Mmm... I could try,"
Galaxi told her. "How would you like me to try to prove it?"

"He wants to k-know how he can t-try to prove h-he's here..."

(Alright, that's the last reply for now. I'm for reals going to bed now since I finished my episode of Yu-Gi-Oh. Night guys. See you all in a few hours.)

Green 1's and 0's appeared as the dueling field around Immer and Joel dissipated, with Yung and Tora both taking off their D-Gazer. Yung excitedly leapt into the air, while Tora just raised her eyebrows.

"Aw yeah, that duel was awesome!" Yung cried out.
"...It's strange," Tora replied.
"Huh? what do you mean?"
"Why didn't that other boy summon his Numbers...? And moreover, why didn't the boy who won claim the other's Numbers?"
"Ah, who cares Tora! Maybe he didn't have a Numbers on him and was just bluffin'."

While it was a possibility, Tora found it extremely unlikely. Another strange thing was just how much control that boy had over his Numbers... normal people would have been consumed by their own desires. Everything was just strange, too strange.

The crowd dispersed and the duo was left alone. Tora traced the retreating figures of the boy who had been dueling and his female friend, while Yung scanned the crowd for a possible dueling opponent. The only issue, however, is that he knew none of these people... and asking a stranger to duel is just weird! Luckily, it didn't seem like he had to ask anyone as two more people had already began to duel. He quickly plopped his D-Gazer back onto his left eye and ran over, leaving Tora behind as she was focusing on the retreating figures.

It stands to reason, of course, that when Tora turned back around she was perplexed at not being able to find Yung anymore. Not that it was much of a priority, however, as she noticed a shimmering blue figure in the area. If the Barian were holding anything she'd have dropped it in shock, as what she saw was clearly an Astral. Astrals being in the Human world meant bad news, as he was probably sent down to earth for the same reason she was: Collecting Numbers. Tora averted her gaze, cursing under her breath. As she did, she saw the retreating figure of a female. They looked somewhat familiar, but the Barian couldn't place her finger on it. So, she decided to approach them. She kept up a brisk pace, walking slightly faster to catch up in no time, though away from the large plaza she was just at. Tora lightly tapped the stranger on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, have we met before?"

Meanwhile, back at the Plaza...

"Aw, shoot! I think I missed the first turn..." Yung complained as the duel between Ty and Will had commenced. Checking his D-Gazer, he found the monster already on the field to be Harpy Lady. It had fairly low attack points... wasn't playing that kind of monster in attack kind of risky? His opponent could just summon a strong monster and run it over immediately. It's level was four, so maybe he was planning on summoning another monster next turn for an Xyz summon? Well, that's the kind of simple plan Yung always comes up with anyway.

"Hey, do your best you two!" Yung cheered from a fair bit, waving to show his support.

Will looked amazed at the Harpie Lady before whistling "Wow. What a beautiful card. Such a rare card too." Will draws his five cards before drawing another one. "Too bad she might last long." Will placed a card down face-up position. "I summon Goblindbergh in attack mode before activating its special effect. I can now summon one monster from my hand to the field due to its effect. I summon Ganbara Knight in defense mode. I now XYZ summon number 82 Heartlandraco!" Will smiled softly before feeling something on his neck form the shape 82. "Lets show him what we can do Heartlandraco. I place 4 cards face down to end my turn." Will thought that maybe he should go a little easier on Ty.

Rebecca sighs. "He already has his number card out. What a show off." Rebecca shouted towards Will "Don't get too cocky Will. It was probably a bad idea for you to play your number card already since there could be possible people who would hunt you down for that card nearby." Rebecca worried about Will very deeply though she knows he won't listen to her.

Dylan's ride finally arrived to pick him up, the less than inconspicuous limousine having pulled up nearby shortly after the duel he'd been watching ended. Dylan had managed to snag a few pictures of the duelists so he could do a bit of research into them. After all, one of them had brought out a number card, and so he was pretty much obligated to figure out who they were so he could track them down and confront them to at least attempt to take the card. He didn't care about the other person in the slightest, and probably wouldn't do much more than try to figure out their name in case a confrontation with them possibly arose at one point, as unlikely as it would be. He hopped into the limo, casually reclining. "Bring me home, driver. And make it quick, I've got work to do." The driver did as instructed, beginning to head to Dylan's home taking the shortest possible route. Meanwhile Alexander just arrived at the same place Dylan had just been, watching the limo drive off. "...I knew I shouldn't have stopped for lunch. Damnit, and after I went through the trouble getting that huge crowd of fans together to get him to get himself lost running away from them so I could get his card...somehow... Ok maybe I didn't think this through very well." Alexander muttered to himself. Now that he thought about it, it was a surprise that Dylan had stuck around here so long waiting for a ride. Knowing Dylan he would likely have just found somewhere interesting to wait for his ride. There had to be something of interest going on over here, or maybe something he'd missed. Oh! He quickly noticed a duel going on and turned on his D-Gazer to watch it, only to see something rather surprising. A number monster?! Was it really a number monster?! It was, wasn't it! This would definitely be worth watching. He found a secluded little hiding spot nearby and hid there, watching to see how the duel would unfold.

"You got that right! She's a beauty and ready to strike!...... Once I've gotten there..... uh," Tyberius spoke in reply now looking toward his opponents series of moves. Adding a little pfft in response to his lasting long comment about his Harpie lady. It's true she wasn't the most powerful monster but Ty did everything to keep her around in his deck construction and arranging days. Hopefully his strategy he had in place wasn't a all for not situation. He wasn't sure how to react with it now that Will's number card was in play.

"Quite the opening and many face downs.... But don't expect me to fear because Harpies Feather Duster is here!" Ty spoke with a smile and throw down of his spell card. Meanwhile as the spell aimed to destroy Will's spell and trap cards while he drew his turn opening card. "Sweet Dragon too! But I'm not done with you yet. I activate my face down equip spell.... Mask of the Accursed! If that works.... Your dragon should be restricted from attacking while you lose 500 points during each of my standbys." Ty added now looking over his hand. Giving a small 'hmm..' while he thought it over carefully. Trying to avoid a mistake that could cost him. "Right! Now I know..... I'll activate my other face down card Mist body and equip my Harpie lady with it, allowing her safety from being destroyed through battle. Plus I summon my Harpie Dancer in attack mode! Followed by equipping Cyber shield to my Harpie lady as well to increase her attack points!" Ty commented now having his turn set in stone and quickly moving through his series of moves. Whilst each card came into play and his Harpie Dancer and her 1200 attack points took the field. "Now with her cool armor..... She gets 500 more attack points taking her 1800. I'll now end my turn." Ty ended aiming to show despite his age and deck theme.... He's more of a challenge then he'd look and thus he might just be a good challenge for older duelists like Will..... Maybe.... He still had his kinks to work out.

Silvana Silvana

Users who are viewing this thread

Back