Now What

Janetellyeah

Um... I hate being new; Reminds me of school days and feeling awkward (my family moved a LOT in during my childhood/adolescence so its burned inside a bit deeply).

Aside from that, I'd appreciate new friends who'd tell me what this site is all about! I'm new at this. Well, I thought I knew what role play was all about as I'd do it on Skype (no webcam) and other chat places with others. But the first thing I was 'forced' to do when I registered was agree to be asexual here! Like, if a find a nice guy to role play our being married, it has to be a platonic one like The Mirror Has Two Faces. Which is weird. Not sure what that rule is supposed to accomplish. And even more weird, even if I do find someone nice here, and we fall in love, we can't go to another site to have any mature fun. Ever! Is this 2018? Lol

Oh, well, what's the worst that can happened? Someone spots us in a virtual hotel and then I get kicked out of this site? Either that or I learn the wonders of online celibacy! I just hope kissing and hugging is not considered too "erotic" for the admin censors!

I just love feeling my beautiful feminine self in a safe and supporting place with real human beings. Is that too much to ask?

Thanks for reading all of this. Now could someone please be my friend here and help me?

Janet :)

(I thought the user "Janetellyeah" was kind of funny, now I'm worried it would be considered a violation of terms, Lol)

The agreement isn't be to 'asexual' ( that is a sexuality) . It's actually for legal reasons because there are minors who use our site. I would suggest reading this PSA: Why We Don't Allow Erotic Roleplaying as well as actually reading the RpNation: Community Guidelines

We use a FTB (fade to black) system which allowed leading up a an intimate moment but not explicitly detailing or roleplaying the deed itself. So, married roleplay doesn't have to be platonic, but you can't write out any sex scenes.

Additionally, no one forced you to agree. ;3 Either you agree and can use the service or you don't and do not use the service.

The 'deed'? As in explicit expressions? But we can role play being between the sheets not dressed for example? I mean, even in the 70s tv scenes there were more 'involvement'...

But okay, I can't get the part where if I met a nice guy here and we decide to go off this site, to have more intimacy, that this constitutes a violation of the terms for this site!!! Seriously? Like if two coworkers have a date on a weekend, they are discovered and both get fired?

Uhm... welcome....this isn't a dating site but if you happen to find a husband wouldn't you want to keep your business, however private it is, offline and private...?

The heresy spreads like wild fire. If the first thing you are going to do is complain about rules put in place to protect the minors who use this site then you can kindly reconsider joining.

I understand protecting minors!!!!! But not that if I get to know anyone here, they are off limits off this site for the rest of my life! Oh, well, I really should consider finding out the joys of celibacy here, Lol

The 'deed'? As in explicit expressions? But we can role play being between the sheets not dressed for example? I mean, even in the 70s tv scenes there were more 'involvement'...

But okay, I can't get the part where if I met a nice guy here and we decide to go off this site, to have more intimacy, that this constitutes a violation of the terms for this site!!! Seriously? Like if two coworkers have a date on a weekend, they are discovered and both get fired?
You can lead up to them having sex, but you cannot write the details. Think a bit of the Sims games, you know they are doing it, but you don't see anything, it's implied. So no, you cannot write what happens explicitly between the sheets.

Jane and John kissed and headed to the bedroom and closed the door behind them for privacy. -fade to black- "That was a wonderful evening" John said to Jane. (A horribly written example, but shows the point.)

Actually, if two co-workers do actually go out without HR's knowledge and they have guidelines in place about dating co-workers (which pretty much all companies do), yes they can get fired. The issue is that RpNation webspace would be a connection point between two users who decide to go offsite for breaking the rules. Meaning that if the person lies to you about their age and say their parents find out? You're at risk of legal trouble and the site could get drawn into it as well. The argument of "but they said they were of legal age" doesn't apply either because it's common knowledge that minors can, will, and do lie about their age.

If you seriously want content that violates the site rules, then it's best to find a site where it's permissible because to put it plainly it's not allowed here. When you signed up you agreed to the terms of service and clicked the checkbox further agreeing specifically you would not use the site for sexual roleplay nor use the site to solicit to take such content offsite.

I just wanted to role play being a cute princess... a sexy, adorable girl in whatever theme I might feel like... I was only musing at how I was surprised when I had to sign up that if I ever meet someone here, I should never ever meet them off this site. That's the part that made me stop and go "huh?"..... I'm guessing that 99.99% of people who do become friends would eventually get to meet offline anyway but that you had to write that 'rule' to appease the legal department, Lol... But okay, I'll, ahem... 'promise' not to know anyone outside this site. (wink wink)

I just wanted to role play being a cute princess... a sexy, adorable girl in whatever theme I might feel like... I was only musing at how I was surprised when I had to sign up that if I ever meet someone here, I should never ever meet them off this site. That's the part that made me stop and go "huh?"..... I'm guessing that 99.99% of people who do become friends would eventually get to meet offline anyway but that you had to write that 'rule' to appease the legal department, Lol... But okay, I'll, ahem... 'promise' not to know anyone outside this site. (wink wink)
I'm not sure what percentage of users actually go to meet each other "offline" as you put it. I doubt it's 99%. It's more than just to appease, if you are found violating it you risk getting yourself banned from the site. Again, if your focus is for meeting someone offsite... we're not a dating site, we're a roleplaying site.

I'm not sure how else to make this clear other than do not use the site for sexual roleplay in any manner. Do not use the site to solicit to take sexual RPs offsite. Simple as that.

You are free to make friends and connect with others, just no using the site for sexual content in any manner.

RpNation is not and never will be a dating site. Roleplays of all kinds happen, that includes romance roleplays. We obviously can't control what you do off-site but we will try our hardest to make sure the platform isn't used for explicitly luring people off-site for smut. You can be all the cute princesses you want, there are many of those kinds of roleplays on the site, but you are going to find hard resistance from both the staff and the community itself for explicitly trying to roleplay with the intention of writing smut and "meeting" someone to get to know them off-site. I've made a lot of friends on the site that I got too on Discord or other places. Doesn't mean we are cybering like bunnies. I didn't become friends with them so we could go roleplay sex out of the site's gaze.

I'm not sure how else to make this clear other than do not use the site for sexual roleplay in any manner. Do not use the site to solicit to take sexual RPs offsite. Simple as that.

You are free to make friends and connect with others, just no using the site for sexual content in any manner.

Ohhh, I get it! Janetellyeah sounds like genetalia. Next level potty humor? Have we peaked as a species in regards to comedy?

Sorry guys I'm slow 😋

Ohhh, I get it! Janetellyeah sounds like genetalia. Next level potty humor? Have we peaked as a species in regards to comedy?

Sorry guys I'm slow 😋
Now my humor is being laughed at?! Oh, the irony! That would just encourage me now, won't it?

Now my humor is being laughed at?! Oh, the irony! That would just encourage me now, won't it?

I do hope you continue to touch the many hearts on this forum with your comical banter.

I'm assuming you're new to this comedy thing, but just remember that it's completely normal for others to laugh! Don't get discouraged, that's a standard response to humor ^^

Well, I have once read that a laugh is smile having an orgasm... So now, with the rules of this site, I'm too afraid to make anyone laugh. It's depressing. Even if we do wear condoms.

...I'm so freaking confused, what is even going on here

I mean Legality aside the rules are moraly just as well, We don't want kids being subjected to such things right?

...Uh-huh... the rules are just fine.
I don't think OP knows what RPnation is actually for...

Seeing as this is turning into a discussion rather than a welcome committee for a new member, might be time to move to the General Discussion forum if you guys want to continue. ;3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back