Opinion Noticed something during my annual creepy pasta binge

Bacon is fluffy

Wut'n th'name of davy jonez lockr is uh sall-add?
The stories that fuck with me the most are the ones involving loved ones. It's never the ones where the main character is getting screwed, but rather the one where a concerned husband or dad is fighting tooth and nail to save his family. This is contrasted with "feed the pig". It sort of creepy, but is more of a grossout fest. The highlight of the story was how honorable, yet disturbing the willy wonka like curator of the place who gave him the choice of staying or being eaten by the pig. Even then, it was the finality of the decision that got me rather than actual fear.

This is contrasted with stories like "cabin Getaway". Which has captured my attention because it's a dude trying to save his wife from some ghosts taking her body for a spin. Or the, " My family has been stalked" series. They're incredibly chilling because at some level they resonate with me. As a person if I were fucked with, it would be welcomed and I'd start a war with whoever thought they could tread on me. But if my sister or my mother was targeted? It'd make me paranoid as hell.

Dunno if anyone else listens to creepy pastas, but I'm always game for something that's at least interesting to listen to. They're not always scary, but they make for great stories regardless of the scare factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back