• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Nothing Says Lovin' Like Something From the Oven

ChibiMonkey

Why stop dreaming when you wake up?
Death Note
An L x Light Yagami Pairing

<3 Title creds go to Quineon Quineon <3

DEATH.NOTE.600.925556.jpg

Last edited:

"Light Yagami cannot stop staring at the transfer student who has joined his class. The boy's raven colored hair goes in all directions and he is dressed in ripped blue jeans, uncomfortable looking flip flops and a white T-shirt. He looks oddly suspicious for someone who should be wearing something much more stylish. Yet funnily enough the boy is incredibly striking. Light can't help but wonder what his story entails. It certainly would be interesting at the very least. His dark brown eyes drift from the raven haired male to the teacher and back to the boy. Light has difficulty concentrating and is impatient for class to end. When the bell finally rings, Light marches up to the boy and introduces himself. 'I couldn't help but notice you sticking out like a sore thumb. Are you new to prep school? My name's Light, by the way. Light Yagami...and you are?' He asked with an outstretched hand."

LxLight-l-and-light-22771658-719-522.jpg

Sitting in the class, L certainly stood out amongst the students. Not just because he was a new student, but just about everything regarding his appearance caught attention. His clothes weren't necessarily old, but they were less than casual, and hung loosely on his body. He sat in his chair in what most others would consider a more than uncomfortable looking position, feet perched on the chair he sat in, knees bent high. Occasionally he would glance around the classroom in curiosity, though his eyes often landing on one person in particular. An attractive man, who was actually the sole reason he was here. Well, no he wasn't here because of the fact he was attractive. Though L couldn't deny that attribute of the suspect. But rather he was here because the man was a suspect in the case he was currently working regarding Kira.

He had no solid proof or evidence that really led to it being him. It was more so all out of a hunch. His evidence he had so far could easily be considered a coincidence to anyone else without as sharp of a mind as his own. But he didn't get his reputation for working like most other detectives, after all. He was incredibly intelligent, and therefore also had never really gone to a proper, or common school. So being here was actually interesting, aside from the fact it was for work, he couldn't help but be curious of the environment he himself had never learned in.

After classes had ended, He'd been planning to follow Light around, likely introduce himself, but as they were out the door it seemed the male had come to him first, surprising L a bit though it hardly showed on his face. With his hands slumped in the pockets of his denim pants, his eyes fell on the male's outstretched hand, before reaching out and giving it a light shake "Hideki Ryuga" he introduced himself. Well, his name he had on the school roster, anyways. "Light Yagami. Nice to meet you. Officially, anyways" he commented as he slipped his hand back into his pocket "Actually, I already know who you are. Son of Soichiro Yagami, Chief of the NPA."

Light smiled dangerously at the raven haired male as if the boy was cornered prey. He could practically smell the blood. The brunette's hunger knew no bounds. "Hideki Ryuga, you say? Are you by chance related to the pop singer my young sister is obsessed with? She hardly ever talks about anything else. I've seen his face once too many times, yet I can't seem to place any facial similarities the two of you share. Though I must confess you are definitely more pleasing to the eyes."

The brunette adjusted his collar and scoffed at the other male. "Not officially? How do you know such a delicate fact about my family? You haven't been stalking me have you?" His smile only widened as if he were joking. "My father is not a famous man. To know such a fact about him either suggests you were once a criminal or you work with the police. Judging by your demeanor and sense of fashion, not to mention the fact that you have been placed in my class suggests the latter. However I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps in time you can prove yourself as a criminal because I simply don't have the time to waste on an undercover agent sent to babysit on me by my father."

He rolled his eyes before checking his surroundings to make sure no one could hear him. "My father isn't the best family man. He's known to be extremely homophobic. Because of his position in the police force, you know so well, he wants to make sure his family is a golden apple. I'm a bit of a rule breaker. Needless to say I'm his Achilles' heel. I do have a girlfriend who I cannot stand the sight of. Her voice is incredibly jarring. If you see a blonde around me, do yourself a favor and make sure you bring yourself a pair of earmuffs. Now you're probably asking yourself 'Why did you commit a relationship with her?' Well the answer to that my dear friend is very simple. She hounded me and wouldn't shut up until I said yes. I could use a beard and because she loves me so very...very much who is to doubt I don't reciprocate her feelings? I must say though my father chose an incredibly attractive model to test my sexuality. Well done father. Well done indeed. The answer you're looking for? Yes I am a homosexual. Would you like that in writing or should I just blow you in front of him?"

When Light brought up the pop singer L wasn't really all that surprised. After all, he had picked the name because he liked the singer. It wasn't that big of a deal if Light found out it couldn't be his real name - after all, L was planning to tell the student who he really was anyways. Well, mostly, anyways. Not his real name of course. Though he was intending to inform light he was L. At first he'd planned to do it pretty soon upon meeting him in person. Yet however, now listening to him talk, he considered withholding such information for a tad bit longer. The male was quite a lot more talkative than L had been anticipating, but, with him being his biggest suspect right now, this was a rather good outcome. Though, L did have to admit a bit that it was a shame if Light really was Kira, because the male was actually quite attractive.

It seemed Light had similar thoughts though about L, which surprised the darker haired male. He was more pleasing to the eyes? Was Light hitting on him? Well, not that he minded, though he hadn't quite expected it. "Hmm, delicate fact, you say? Well, considering what we're studying I don't think it's all that much of a surprise that I know the name of the local police chief. But sure, you could say I've been stalking you" he admitted a bit bluntly. Well, it's not like it was entirely a lie. Though, to be more accurate he was closely investigating him. He almost snickered a bit when the other suggested if he could be a criminal or not, finding it a rather funny topic to talk about with him "Hmm, so you say I can't be a criminal because the way I am dressed and that I am studying law, like yourself? That's interesting. Actually, I find that criminals can be incredibly smart - some of them anyways. One could be so smart even enough to be the top of his class, and even studying criminals himself" He commented casually, an unidentifiable tone behind his voice, as he was indirectly saying that someone just like Light himself could be a criminal.

When Light started talking about his father though and more personal details, L's eyes widened a bit in surprise at the sudden and blatant confession of his sexuality, and a bunch of other personal details. Was this man really Kira? Well no, even if he wasn't....L still hadn't expected Light to be so open and talkative about details like this regarding himself. They could certainly prove incredibly useful in his investigation - particularly the part regarding he had a girlfriend - even if he didn't actually love her. Yes, he'd definitely wait a little longer until telling him he was L, unlike what he'd previously planned. He hadn't expected the other to be so open like this.

He just stood there, staring at Light for a few moments slightly stunned by his unexpected demeanor, but then allowed a smile to fall on his face "Is that so? Sounds like it's pretty hard to live like that. Hiding who you really are, I mean."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back