Nostalgic gaming moments..

Riaki Urishma

What are your most remembered moments when any of you have played or game or if you played a game with a brother or sister... I remember playing donkey kong country 2 with my brother I guess I remember that because it was such a simplier time back then.. How about you guys?

Before my friend passed away, he introduced me to Borderlands. While he never lived to see the sequel titles in the series, they always remind me of him and the good times we had. It's bittersweet.

Captifate said:
Before my friend passed away, he introduced me to Borderlands. While he never lived to see the sequel titles in the series, they always remind me of him and the good times we had. It's bittersweet.
Thats really awesome almost put a tear in my eye ^^

Haha, I apologize for getting you a little misty-eyed.

On a lighter note! Paper Mario is like, soooo good. That's my childhood right there. That and Mario Party for that matter. I think I have 1 through 6. Once they were on the Wii, I stopped collecting them.

Captifate said:
Haha, I apologize for getting you a little misty-eyed.
On a lighter note! Paper Mario is like, soooo good. That's my childhood right there. That and Mario Party for that matter. I think I have 1 through 6. Once they were on the Wii, I stopped collecting them.
I always enjoyed those as well but I started with super mario rpg on the super nes and played paper mario I WAS LIKE JESUS these games are great but I do remember playing alot of jak and daxter precursor legacy when I was younger I never collected everything in that game either so lazy back then...

When Mortal Kombat had been first introduced, my mom and I would go to arcade rooms to play the games because we honestly wanted to see how the games worked out. That's how we would bond with each other too, because my mom was going through a rough patch in her life and we would just go to the arcade and play Mortal Kombat to release the stress getting pent up. Now every time I play any of the games, I get the sense my mom would want to play with me too!

[QUOTE="Marie Jubilee]When Mortal Kombat had been first introduced, my mom and I would go to arcade rooms to play the games because we honestly wanted to see how the games worked out. That's how we would bond with each other too, because my mom was going through a rough patch in her life and we would just go to the arcade and play Mortal Kombat to release the stress getting pent up. Now every time I play any of the games, I get the sense my mom would want to play with me too!

[/QUOTE]
Mortal kombat is so awesome :3 awww nice story ^^

Thank you! I miss my mom a lot, but she's busy in her own life selling things haha

And I agree! But if I had a favorite game of all time, it would be Fallout 2 uvu

[QUOTE="Marie Jubilee]Thank you! I miss my mom a lot, but she's busy in her own life selling things haha
And I agree! But if I had a favorite game of all time, it would be Fallout 2 uvu

[/QUOTE]
I miss my mom she died awhile back 2-3 years ago its okay though iv accepted it now xD didn't mean to get all dark there :3 cool fall out 2 huh Iv never been a fall out or bethesda kind of guy but i know those games are pretty popular..

Aw well, if you love them let them go, right? Still, I'm sorry to hear that

Yeah, I used to not like the Fallout franchise, but as I started playing the games again, my feelings just kinda changed. I like the old games better than the newer ones, but I still play the newer editions like three and four.

[QUOTE="Marie Jubilee]Aw well, if you love them let them go, right? Still, I'm sorry to hear that
Yeah, I used to not like the Fallout franchise, but as I started playing the games again, my feelings just kinda changed. I like the old games better than the newer ones, but I still play the newer editions like three and four.

[/QUOTE]
ya? I should check it out sometime maybe :P have you ever played the disgaea series?

A lot of gaming nostalgia in my head is linked to the soundtracks of the games themselves. I blame Dragon Quest (well, Dragon Warrior back in the day) because that game had a seriously catchy soundtrack and my father played it a looooot when I was a very tiny Negative Zone.

[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]
I don't get along with him nowadays but I'll always be glad he got me into playing video games, especially RPGs.

[QUOTE="Negative Zone]A lot of gaming nostalgia in my head is linked to the soundtracks of the games themselves. I blame Dragon Quest (well, Dragon Warrior back in the day) because that game had a seriously catchy soundtrack and my father played it a looooot when I was a very tiny Negative Zone.
[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]
I don't get along with him nowadays but I'll always be glad he got me into playing video games, especially RPGs.

[/QUOTE]
Nice that game is fun i actually recently beat dragon warrior one xD

I lived with my grandparents when I was growing up, and my grandad was really into the few JRPGs that made it stateside in the early 90s. I got really interested in them too and wanted to start my own games. But I couldn't read too well yet! Hell of a set back for story based games lol

So my gramps started up a New Game on Chrono Trigger, sat me on his lap, and let me do all the battles and exploring while he read the dialogue and attack names for me. Still one of my favorite games to this day.

Last edited by a moderator:
toontown online. played since i was 5 'til the day it shut down. i tried going back with toontown rewritten, but it just wasn't the same to me.

The first game I ever played was sonic the hedgehog on Sega, aha man all those games were like so cool to me, and I remember playing them over and over because I could never beat them since you couldn't save. But honestly, my most memorable moments was playing Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the gamecube with my best friend. She'd come over to spend the night and we'd just attack those dungeons as best we could. She was the brains and I was the brawns. We never did get to complete it though, we basically got to the point were Link was 7 years older and got Epona until the game broke and we got Wind Waker and then Twilight Princess(which were a lot of fun but we beat them so it doesn't hold as much sentiment as the game that we never beat). Man, she introduced me to video games. From LoZ to the Sims and then Mario and Yoshi's Island... like I am such a nintendo gamer because of her. It sucks we aren't in contact anymore, and it's really tugging on my heart strings because of the new Legend of Zelda that's coming out. I remember playing Twilight Princess and looking over at her and saying 'I wish the world was bigger, bigger town and more people and that it wasn't so empty.' And now they're finally doing it and I can't share the moment with her. Dude, her and I were such an unbeatable team when it came to Legend of Zelda. I finally got Ocarina of Time for my 3DS and I'm struggling so hard on it, it's like the logic of it sometimes is so childish that no adult would really get it. But she would, I know we would have beat the game together if the disc hadn't broke while I'm struggling every time I have to enter a new dungeon. It's not even funny how lost I have gotten playing a game that is almost as old as me, you'd think it'd be easy! Or maybe I'm just dumb, aha.

I always played NFS: Underground 2 for hours when I was a kid. Really liked the amount of customization you can do with it. Always loved those neon underglows :3

My very first game was Pokemon FireRed, that I had to wait around a year for my brother to 'finish playing'. Half the time he was sorta just running around and catching all that he ran into. Needless to say, it was worth the wait.

I remember when my cousin wanted me to play a game for sooo long and I never tried it until a reallyyyy boring summer. One day I turned on the PS2, put the game in, and there it was. Kingdom Hearts. Definitely will never forget that whole time I played it. Made my summer one of the best.

I had many nostalgic gaming moments, though I think one of my most favorite moments was when my 3rd oldest brother, James was playing Twilight Princess on the Gamecube, and I watched. He was in the Lost Wood's finally able to acquire the Master Sword, he spent at least an hour or more on figuring out the puzzle to get to the Master Sword, and when he finally acquired it we both were in awe and excitement as Link took it. Truly one of the most memorable moments, even if I wasn't playing. 

MY most memorable moment was when I beat Kingdom Hearts 2, I was young and used to play playstation 2 in my basement at my old home. So when I finally defeated Xemnas I was happy as can be, I had acquired the second strongest keyblade (Fenrir.) and the final form. I was a pretty happy camper. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back