• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Northbrook University | Application Process/CS

OOC
Here
Other
Here

Carroline

As You Wish
[class name=flexBox minWidth=745px] display: inline-block; [/class] [class name=flexBox maxWidth=745px] display: flex; flex-direction: col; flex-wrap: wrap; [/class] [class name=photo1 minWidth=745px] margin-right: 5px; width: 40%; [/class] [class name=photo1 maxWidth=745px] margin: 0px; width: 400px; [/class] [class name=text minWidth=745px] padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; [/class] [class name=text maxWidth=745px] margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 5px; [/class]
  • [div class="flexBox"] [div class="photo1"]
    Sitting Woman Reading and Holding Pen
    [/div] [div class="text"] How to apply
    You can apply by using the form in the "application tab". It is allowed to use your own design for the form, as long as all the necessary information is included.

When to apply
    The application for Northbrook University is currently open. Make sure you apply in a timely manner, so that you application can be given fair consideration.

What we look for
    While academic accomplishments are important, we prioritise potential. We weigh the capacity for each applicant to have an impact in this world, whether it be by mathematics and engineering or through music and arts. We are looking for students to accomplish great things and contribute to the campus atmosphere. [/div] [/div]

Last edited:
Robert-Downey-Jr-AFP-June-6-2019_0A70D066862141DAA96782856167E685.jpg

Name: Bruce Johnson

Education: PhD Chemistry

Previous Work Experience: Chemist for many large companies as well as research for Northbrook

Personality: Bruce is a quiet man, he rarely gets angry but when he is passionate about something he has a hard time controlling it. He is a man of many smarts and few words and would much rather listen and learn than be heard. He loves teaching and helping students and trying to help students find what their passion is. He is a fair professor and tries to help where he can. He can sometimes come off as an ass to certain students who don't try but deep down he enjoys every student he has in his classes.

Other: He is the uncle of Mica Johnson
-----
2474843.png

Name: Mica Johnson

Subjects: Chemistry, Music

Personality: Mica is a quirky girl who is full of life, she doesn't let negativity get her down and is excited to see what the world has to offer. She is a smart girl and has the ambition to go where her heart desires. She loves both science and music but has a hard time deciding between her two passions. She can be quite loud and that can annoy some people but she means well. She has an attitude that lets others know she doesn't care what they think about her because she loves herself. She is a young woman who empowers anyone she can and doesn't let anyone feel bad about themselves because of what someone else said to them. She will always offer a friendly conversation to someone that is lonely and she helps those in need when she can. That doesn't mean she is perfect. She will fight with many people when they don't agree with her and she is as stubborn as a mule. She doesn't always enjoy hearing others opinions that differ from hers and will fight tooth and nail to get someone to just agree with her.

Other: Her uncle is Bruce Johnson

Kidman Ben Youell
Written by the Aspiring Jughead Jones

Gender? "Cisgender male. Though sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be a girl."
Subjects?"I major in Creative Writing and minor in Gender Studies. I got a lotta questions.
Personality?"People say I remind them of a warlock when I face drama. Take from that what you want. I think I'm a pretty stellar guy with the right amount of flaws, maybe even one or two more. I have a tendency to just ignore ignorant people unless they're of use to me. Now, I know that sounded cocky, but my parents didn't bust their ass and dent their pockets to put me in school to console and comfort. I'm here to learn. But that doesn't mean I'm not gonna party a little. C'mon now. My stick isn't THAT far up my ass."
Other?"I think I'm, for the most part, a sweet guy despite what my people and I have been through. Unlike most drug-strung out parents, mine kept me and I endured their recovery - and that's what they did. I was 6. I love those people, man. You never hear about a family torn apart from drugs recover and gain some success. Let me know when you do and I'll write an article on it."

This is her, but she has black hair instead of brown.​

Name: Anabelle Price

Subjects: Major- Visual Arts Minor- Psychology

Personality: She is quiet, in a very literal sense because she is mute. She has a difficult time trusting and communicating with people, but in reality she would like to find one or two people she could really trust and is a really sweet person. Even if she doesn’t know how to show it. She doesn’t like large crowds and isn’t the party type, so would rather spend her time developing and practicing her art. Or in the very least in a small group watching movies or playing board games or something similar.

Other: She has epilepsy

s-l300.png
Name: Hiro Dae-Won

Subjects: Coding/Computer programming/robotics and design

Personality: WIP

Other: She is also known as her gaming persona BLXK_Jade

• kat dennings.gif
    Name: Rosalind Reignier
    Subjects: Visual Arts, Dance
    Personality: Rosalind comes from a very privileged upbringing; both of her parents are lawyers, and they expected her to follow in their footsteps. Rosalind, however, has other ideas for her life trajectory. Having just spent her last 4 years in middle-of-nowhere Vermont at the Maple Hills School for Girls, a boarding school, Rosalind is beyond ready to get away from her past life and reconstruct herself in college.

Rosalind had entered MHSFG as a preppy, equestrian obsessed girl... pretty standard fare for that school. Initially, she had it all, or so it seemed: a role on yearbook as photographer, a promising candidate for the next debate team captain, a group of popular girls as her friends, and a role as one of the star equestrians of the school. After a back injury from a riding accident prevented her from returning to the sport (not to mention chronic pain), she had to pick up a different sport as it was a school requirement. Thinking that dance wouldn't be that hard, she signed up for that; she was wrong, it was very hard, but rewarding in a way that she hadn't anticipated. Her dancing is often affected by her back pain, but she tries to push through that, sometimes at the expense of her health.

While on bed-rest post-injury, she started to read anything she could, and discovered a love of comic books and graphic novels. Trying her hand at drawing in that style, she realized that she was actually good at it, and started enrolling in more arts classes. As she began spending a lot of time in the studio, her friends pulled away from her and she dropped debate team. Her parents weren't pleased, and made that known; they, after all, expected her to be a lawyer. Regardless, she continued to follow her interest in art, and hopes to one day illustrate for Marvel Comics.

Other: Rosalind has chronic back pain but loves dance; sometimes, these things clash, in which case she has a secret stash of pain pills that she doesn't exactly take according to label.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-2.gif

Jamie Ernst Walter
Thirty four | Male | Doctor of Criminology

Previous Work Experience (if any)
Works as a criminology consultant from time to time

Personality
Jamie isn't the most reliable person in the world, he tends to rely on his students curiosity as he is too lazy to give them any straight answers, hoping that they would find out the answers themselves. However he is one of, if not the most responsible man that you will ever met. He might not give out the most effort but he will keep his word and get the job done. He would come early to campus and would be the last to leave the campus unless he had other matters to attend to. Coming off as rather ignorant but strict and yet somewhat harsh at times especially with his sets of words, there wasn't much to love from him.

Though this changes if you were to meet him at public places, he becomes more approachable and less bitter. He would even joke around and get to know others personally be it his own students or colleagues but that is if they talked to him outside campus and if he was in a rather good mood which isn't often. Why you might ask? To be fair, Jamie perceive his workplace for just well...work, no fun, no games, just work.

Other
* Jamie is half British and German. Though, his family moved into the U.S when he had just finished primary school back in England. This led him to adopt a new accent in which he decided to use for the rest of his life but is not limited to that. It is hard for others to figure out that he was an immigrant with just his american accent that sounds pretty general unless they knew his full name.
*Jamie is fluent in English but rarely speaks Deutsch. So, it is unclear whether he is fluent or not.
*Jamie is an avid smoker but isn't much of a heavy drinker unless he didn't have to drive home himself.
*Back when he was in his late teens, he formed a band that focuses heavily in rock to gothic metal that lasted until he graduated college. When he decided to disband the band, he was well known in the music industry which did upset many of his fans as well as losing his name in public's eye that was rising in fame at that time. But he still loves singing and would strum his guitar every now and then despite what had happened.
*Having to do every single thing alone, Jamie had grown very much independent and is able to multitask when needed. Also this made him a good cooker as he hated eating takeouts or store bought food and preferred being able to actually know what he was eating.

Last edited:
4fb6eb97e3a97baf1c0012173751bdeb.jpg

Name:
Solyi Park

Education:
PhD Tourism

Previous Work Experience:
> Travel Consultant
> Tour Guide

Personality:
Solyi is a cheerful and outgoing young adult, even when she’s sad or upset she always has a smile on her face. She has a friendly attitude to mostly everyone around her and usually ends up befriending them. She is not all deterred by those who refuse her kindness, even after criticizing her. She is an expert at reading the mood and adjusting herself to it. Because of this she often hides her true opinion and states what others want to hear in order for things to go smoothly. Solyi dislikes being a disturbance. She admires those who are able to say whatever they think and the brutal honesty of their opinions. Though her ability to speak her mind a bit more, grew with the years.

Other:
> She loves Korean BBQ.
> Prefers listening to alternative/indie music.

korean-heart-small-buttons.jpg

[class name=flexBox2 minWidth=745px]
display: flex;
flex-direction: row;
flex-wrap: wrap;
justify.content: space-evenly;
[/class]

[class name=flexBox2 maxWidth=745px]
display: inline-block;
[/class]

[class name=photo2 minWidth=745px]
width: 50%;
[/class]

[class name=photo2 maxWidth=745px]
width: 100%;
[/class]

[class name=text2]
[/class]

[class name=side2 minWidth=745px]
border-style: none dotted none dotted;
width: 30%;
height: 120px;
padding: 5px;
margin: 5px;
[/class]
[class name=side2 maxWidth=745px]
[/class]

[div class="flexBox2"]
rp 3.jpg

[div class="side2"]
Name: Jennifer Scott

Subjects: Philosophy & Criminology with a Minor in Music

[/div]
[/div]

[div class="text2"]

Personality: Jennifer is very eccentric. She has a very outgoing and headstrong personality. She comes from a very rough background and wants to make a better life for herself and her family. She plans on going into law and reforming the system. Where she comes from, she has seen so much injustice and pain that she wants to ensure that no one ever has to suffer injustice again. She is a very loud and blunt person. If she doesn't like something she will let you know. But she is incredibly caring and loving once you get past her hard shell. There is so much more to Jennifer than what meets the eye but she is very hesitant to let people in.

Other: Jennifer has a strong love for music and performance. She used to dance competitively but stopped once she graduated from high school. She still continues lessons from time to time though. She sings all the time and plays the piano and guitar. She secretly would love to become famous for her preforming but she is very self conscious about it. so she always wears sunglasses when she performs.

[/div]

BASIC INFORMATION -
Name: Mikayla Waters
Nickname: Mika (pronounced "Mee-kah")
Sexuality: Heterosexual
D.O.B.: September 19th
Zodiac sign: Virgo
P.O.B.: Chicago, IL
Major: Culinary Arts and Business

APPEARANCE -
Face Claim: Cassadee Pope
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Brunette
Height/Weight: 5'4" (163 cm) / 128 lbs (58 kg)
Body Type: Slim, but toned
Tattoos/Piercings/Etc: x | x | x
Style: x | x | x | x

LIKES & DISLIKES -
Likes: Fruits, vegetables, hiking, jogging, snow, playing piano, singing, alcohol, cooking, baking
Dislikes: Red meat, overly sweet desserts, swimming/open water, talking on the phone, someone or something limiting her creativity

PERSONA -
Personality: Mika's personality can be described as that of an artist and a leader. She loves to display her eye for the dramatic in the artistic plating of her food. Mike is a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to the food she creates. She wants the flavors, the presentation, the ingredients to be the best they could possibly be. Because of this, she can get a bit sharp when things aren't exactly the way she wants them to be. In the kitchen, she is diligent and hard-working, usually able to keep up in people that have been in the field far longer than she has. As a petite, young, female working on a career in the culinary industry, Mikayla often feels as though she has a lot to prove. She spends the majority of her time either at work, studying, or at home creating new menus and cocktails for fun. Nevertheless, Mikayla loves the culinary world, no matter how stressful it is.

When Mika is off the clock and out of class, she is outgoing, friendly, and kind. She loves to hang out with friends and go out to meet knew people. She's the type that would gladly give someone the shirt off her back if they needed it. She volunteers in meal centers for those that are down on their luck most weekends and every holiday. Mikayla wants to do whatever she can to make the world a better place. Underneath the joyful personality, there is a part of Mika that is rather dark. Stemming from a background full of bullying and strict words from her family, Mikayla can be very self-deprecating and insecure. Even though she has won competitions for her food, Mika doesn't really believe she is good enough and deserves such kind words. When someone complements her or her cuisine, she is awkward and doesn't really know how to respond. Overall, Mika is a sweetheart culinary student with a bit of an anxious side.

Virtues: Sweetheart, kind, friendly, outgoing, artistic, creative, hard-working, determined
Vices: Perfectionist, a bit bossy in the kitchen, workaholic, insecure, puts self down
Quirks: Pulls her hair back into a ponytail whenever she is cooking or menu-planning, listens to Elton John or Billy Joel music to calm herself down and get in the zone
Fears: Failing her father, not doing enough, crumbling under the pressure, drowning/open water

BACKGROUND -

"I'm not the jaded kind.”

Herstory: Mikayla was born into a large Italian family dedicated to food. Her father, his father before him, and so on were all chefs or various Mediterranean cuisines. As the youngest of three children and only daughter in her family, Mika grew up being both super protected by her brothers and constantly picked on by them. Though she loves her brothers dearly, the constant jabs set a sense of insecurity in Mikayla from a very young age. Her father, chef and owner of a popular, fairly famous Italian restaurant in Chicago, Illinois, was determined that his children would one day take over his business and continue his legacy. For this reason, he was fairly hard on his children, training them in the culinary arts from a very young age.

Although Mika was forced into the culinary arts, she had always loved it. Something about the mixture of creativity, art, and deliciousness on one plate intrigued her. Therefore, she was excited to be a chef one day. After elementary school, Mika and her siblings were enrolled in culinary arts based private schools until they graduated high school. As a child, Mikayla was slightly overweight. She was constantly bullied by her schoolmates for her weight. Combined with the strict parenting from her father at home, Mika's self-worth decreased exponentially. Mika hit absolute rock bottom in terms of her anxiety and insecurity during her last two years of high school. Her older twin brothers, Gabriel and Matteo, were accepted on full rides to Le Cordon Bleu, a prestigious culinary arts institute in Paris. However, when Mika applied, she was rejected. Immediately, Mika became a disappointment to her father and the entire family. He deemed her not good enough to ever make it in the culinary world and pretty much disowned her as a daughter.

Determined to prove her family wrong, Mikayla was accepted to Northbrook with a full ride. She began to work on herself, slimmed down, and focused solely on her career as a chef. Currently, Mika is the top student in her class and has won various competitions. She is a line cook/intern at the popular restaurant, Bounty. Even though she is doing very well for herself, Mika's father still doesn't see value in her. She can count on one hand the amount of times she has spoken with anyone in her family in the few years since she began college. Nevertheless, Mika's goal is still to make her father and brothers proud of her one day.

EXTRAS -
Apartment: x | x
Pet: A Scottish Fold cat named Penelope
Vehicle: x
Relationships: Open/TBD

codedbycrucialstar || hidden scroll on both sides

BASIC INFORMATION -
Name: Erik Jakobsen
Nickname: None
Sexuality: Heterosexual
D.O.B.: April 1st
Zodiac sign: Aries
P.O.B.: New York, NY
Major: Music Composition and Production

APPEARANCE -
Face Claim: Brendon Urie
Eye Color: Dark Brown
Hair Color: Brunette
Height/Weight: 5'9" (174 cm) / 150 lbs (68 kg)
Body Type: Slim, but toned
Tattoos/Piercings/Etc: x | x | x | x
Style: x | x | x | x

LIKES & DISLIKES -
Likes: Music (duh), computers, listening to vinyl records, playing piano and guitar, singing, writing sheet music, coffee, 24/7 diners, dogs, fried chicken
Dislikes: Hot weather, smoking, sand, musicians who have no real talent and are only famous because of some scandal or their level of attractiveness, autotune, olives

PERSONA -
Personality: Erik is absolutely 100% in love with music. For as long as he can remember, music has been one of the most important aspects of his life. Writing it, creating it, playing it, destroying it, Erik honestly can't get enough. He is inventive and innovative in nature, always wanting to create trends rather than follow them. He takes pride in what he does, and will happily play his music for as many people as possible. Success is important to Erik, and he will do whatever it takes to achieve it. His determination and tenacity bodes well for him since he wants to be in a cruel and unforgiving industry. With his clients, a.k.a. fellow students who want him to produce some music for them, he is very patient and does his best to help them. However, that doesn't mean he is entirely kind. Erik only expects the best and will not stop or let others stop until they get it. He can be very stubborn and even merciless when it comes to music production, sometimes so honest that it's brutal. In this sense, when Erik is frustrated, he can become a bit rash and act out.

Nevertheless, Erik really is a nice guy. Outside of his studio, he loves to meet new people and form new friendships. Going to open mic nights, poetry readings, and local concerts are a past time of his. He's always on the lookout for someone he can help out with recording, or inspiration for his next song. Erik is pretty into fitness and staying in shape. He goes on a run with his dog Ringo almost every day, and eats healthy as well. As an all-around artistic guy, he likes to draw and make pottery, though he tends to not tell many people about this for fear of being heckled. In that sense, Erik despises being ridiculed or made a fool of, and does everything in his power to avoid it.

Virtues: Patient, creative, helpful, honest (sometimes brutally so), trustworthy, tenacious, resilient
Vices: Stubborn, honest (remember that brutal thing?), merciless towards the musicians he produces, a bit rash
Quirks: Makes popping noises with his lips when he's trying to figure something out
Fears: Being made fun of, his transgressions coming to light, extreme heights

BACKGROUND -

"Didn't have a dime, but I always had a vision.”

History: Erik was born in the great city of New York, New York to a couple who were and still are very deeply in love. His parents met at Julliard during their undergraduate years. His father was pursuing a degree in classical music composition while his mother was intent on becoming a ballerina for the New York City Ballet. As a final project for a music composition class they were both in, his mother and father were paired up and asked to create a five minute music and dance number to be performed for the class during finals week. The two immediately hit it off, both wondering how they hadn't noticed each other before that day. After the project was completed and performed, the two received the highest grade in the entire class. They were able to work together, almost as one really, and from that day forward were never apart.

Two years after their graduation, the couple decided to get married. His father began working at his dream job, a composer for the New York Philharmonic Orchestra whereas his mother was on cloud nine after passing her auditions and earning an apprenticeship with the New York City Ballet company. They lived together in a modest yet beautiful apartment in the Upper Eastside. About five years later, the couple welcomed a baby boy into their family. Erik was surrounded by music since the day of his birth. No really, his father made sure Chopin was playing in the room while his mother was in labor. From a very young age, Erik was taught to play multiple instruments, read and write music, and even dance in the contemporary style. He thrived in a musical setting, and was soon sitting alongside his father to help him write pieces.

In his teenage years, Erik began to explore other types of music outside of the classics he had always known. In his free time, he began experimenting with rock and pop music, much to the dislike of his parents. Nevertheless, they supported his hobbies and even bought him his first electric guitar and drum set. For Erik, the power of music was always in the emotion of the lyrics and the sounds. Though classical music was great, it wasn't the type of music he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. So after graduation from high school, much to the disappointment of his parents, Erik turned down a full ride scholarship to Julliard and instead attended Northbrook for a degree in music production.

While in college, he helps friends create and record their music, making a bit of a name for himself on campus and throughout the city's open mic nights. He created a recording studio in his apartment, slowing buying more and more equipment until the space is entirely decked out. Erik accepted an internship with Siren Records, a prominent record label in NYC. He helps produce music and in exchange, gets to use the studio every now and again for his own music. Though he didn't follow the path his parents had lay out for him, they are still extremely proud of Erik and what he has accomplished so far.

EXTRAS -
Apartment: x | x | x
Pet: A Chocolate Lab named Ringo
Vehicle: x
Relationships: Open/TBD

codedbycrucialstar || hidden scroll on both sides​

Do happen to still be open to a foreign exchange from France possibly? If not let me know what you're in need of and I can throw something together

Any preference on what kind of character I have? I'm open to basically any type if something is needed

[/class]

[/class]

[/class]

[/class]

[class name=text2]
[/class]

height: 120px;
padding: 5px;
margin: 5px;
[/class]
[/class]

[div class="flexBox2"]

[div class="photo2"]
480x480.jpg
[/div]

[div class="side2"]
Name: Noah Albert Peyson

Subjects: Major: Music Composition and Music Therapy

[/div]
[/div]

[div class="text2"]

Personality: Noah is a goofy guy and loves to see others smile. He loves to play his music and wants everyone to feel included. He doesn’t believe when people say they “can’t” sing because everyone can (he never mentions that not everyone can sing well). Noah is outgoing, funny, kind, awkward, and intelligent. Haling from a small town in Massachusetts, he was their go-to musician; he played in bars, at birthdays, weddings, and etc. His stage presence is loud and he feels most comfortable in this setting. Music is his passion, his love, and his way to connect to the world. Noah is obsessed with almost anything art related though. He loves painting, theatre, drawing, writing, and dancing (though he isn’t that great of a dancer).

Noah isn't easily embarrassed, but he often puts his foot in his mouth. When he is in his element he is confident and bold. Sometimes he misses social cues and says things he is thinking out loud. Noah is loyal and enjoys spending time with people. His gregarious nature makes his rather easy to find (go where the people are and he is sure to be there). Though he is social and outgoing, he needs his downtime where it's just him and his guitar.

Other: Noah has a big family and several of his siblings are Deaf. Noah is fluent in American Sign Language and is extremely expressive with his face (how he feels is usually seen on it).

[/div]

595159Name: Adrian Jayne Thomas
Nickname: Adrian, Jayne, AJ
Birthday: October 28th
Zodiac: Scorpio
Favorite Food: Anything
Birthplace: Minneapolis, Minnesota

Subjects: Double Major in Psychology and Criminal Justice

Personality: AJ has an attitude. She's not afraid to speak her mind even if it will get her in trouble. She's very impulsive and into partying but still focuses on school. She prides herself on her grades and manages to balance, but she does have some unhealthy coping mechanisms. She has a dark and witty sense of humor and often jokes about her own mental health. She doesn't want people to know she's struggling which is why she puts up such a hard exterior. She's very loyal and loving once you crack her open.

Other: AJ's style is grunge. She has some mental illness issues but is on medicine for it. She has a passion for reading and writing.

02c70f62735b77c109b1b408dbf6143a.jpg

Name: Stephan Narcisse
The subject of interest: Medicine and computer engineering

Favorite Hobbies: Building PCs, writing, sports
Single
Personality: Strong willed, smooth talker, stubborn yet pliable, passionate.

[/class]

[/class]

[/class]

[/class]

[class name=text2]
[/class]

height: 550px;
padding: 10px;
margin: 10px;
[/class]
[/class]

[div class="flexBox2"]

[div class="photo2"]
large.jpg

[/div]

[div class="side2"]
Jade Ethan

Sexuality: Pansexual

Subjects: Triple Diploma in Music Technology

Personality: Some strange mixture of strong willed and timid. Always torn between doing the right thing and doing what she wants. She can be sarcastic when not around parental figures or people of authority. Jade is academically inclined and well educated. A skilled sound technician. Most of all Jade is polite and friendly and caring.

Other: Not shown in picture; has a turquoise streak running through the right side of her hair. Has pierced ears and belly button.

[/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
just checking in on what character is needed most, I like it when roles are kept as even as possible haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back