• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Resource Normally, how long does it take for you guys to code things?

ewolf20

the aspiring roleplayer
In other words, how long does it take for you guys to code for post and other things? what makes it take hours upon hours when it comes to making sure the code is perfect? And finally, What part of coding takes you the longest to work on?

about... 4+ hours ?
my most recent code took me four hours, because i had to learn from my friend Animent Animent
how to do most of the things. i try to make my codes look good, and not messy?? i also like having small text
and small codes 0': , the part that takes me the longest to work on is... probably the layout of the code,
or what im going to do,,
theres my thread : Resource - ☾ serendipity ━ freebies

Depends on the complexity and motivation.

Most of my bigger projects would take me 2-4 weeks, while the smaller and simple ones would see 5 hours to 2 days, if not 3 days at most. I like to place a big emphasis on making things look good no matter what screen it is on, so about 30% of the time is dedicated to adjusting and fine tuning it. I’d say 10-15% of my time is spent on brainstorming. And 10% on debugging the code to make it do what I want. The rest of it is spent on coding the majority of it, placing and adding property values to divs and seeing if it works well with the rest of the post.

My first big BBcode project took me 4 weeks, after that, everything was less than 3 weeks because of the experience.

I think none of my early codes took more than 8 hours; most were closely to two hours or so. The hard part for me is usually finding the right colors and images, and I rarely end up fully satisfied with the end result, and this can easily take up most of the time. The actual coding itself is usually rather straightforward.

If we're talking about coding in general, however, I spend a good amount of time in general is spent choosing the right architecture and designing the whole system. After that, most of the time is spent implementing features as I go along and fixing bugs as they are encountered. If the project is more consequential, however, testing becomes a much bigger issue, and I can easily end up spending up to half the time writing tests for functionality.

As most others, the time varies, but it can take a minimum 2 hours to code something with everything I am familiar with coding wise. When I begin to experiment with new things and I don't know exactly how they behave, it can take much longer.

It doesn't take me long at all to write out the code and fix up technical errors, it's just deciding what direction I'm going for and finding a suitable palatte, pattern, text styles--all of the cosmetics. It takes me anywhere from half a day to weeks before I find my project suitable for exposure to humans.

It takes a few days to plan, to execute, change plans, debug, fancylize, debug and replan some more, and then fancylize some more. Probably because I keep making the code from scratch instead of copy pasting similar sections. As for real big things, add a few days. This is assuming half the day is spent having the code open so if less or more time is available it varies.

depending on how comfortable i am with the codes involved and how minimalistic i want it to be, usually about an hour or two? if i'm learning something new, it usually takes me a few days to make sure i know absolutely everything and that it looks good.

Can vary depending on complexity, but I'll average on around 36 to 54 hours of pure work (not including breaks/food/sleep). Coding is fairly straightforward; it's the making it mobile compatible that takes me a bit of troubleshooting and time. If I don't bother with mobile compatibility, I can cut that down considerably.

I'm with a lot of people; designing and getting a mock-up done takes up a good chunk of the time i spend. More than 60% of it in fact, as by training I'm a designer and not the one who does the code writing for anything (will hopefully change this soon). It gets worse when you realize i can make more than 20 variations of a design if it hasn't reached my satisfaction (this a running joke with my friends on a certain rp we have).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back