• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nohrian scum! (Or maybe not.)

Xander had been swamped with responsibilities and obligations since he had been crowned the king of Nohr. Having absolutely no spare time to compensate for the misdeeds the kingdom of Nohr committed against Hoshido in the past, he sent Leo to do it for him.

Leo's heavy, black armor absorbed the sun's rays easily and transmitted heat to the skin beneath. He sighed and shifted restlessly in his saddle. Hoshido's weather was beautiful, but it was a living hell. Castle Shirasagi towered overhead. It loomed above everything almost overbearingly, a permanent bastion against the sky.

Leo was certain this was a ruse. Some kind of ploy to put him and Takumi on better terms after his siblings sensed some sort of animosity or rivalry between the two of them. Leo didn't have a problem taking care of reparations; what it entailed bothered him. He didn't understand why it had to be him. Surely, Elise was more eligible to take care of a guy who, with Hoshido's more than abundant amount of resources and healing supplies, would probably recover from his ailments in a few month's time. The thought of it made his fingers involuntarily tighten around the horse's reigns, but his lack of energy caused by the intense heat prevented him from staying angry. He relaxed his fingers when he heard the bit clack against the horse's teeth, and the horse's huff of disapproval.

He slowly approached the castle gates on horseback, his horse's movements sluggish from the humidity. A guard granted him passage. Upon his entrance, he was greeted by and bombarbed by tens of Hoshidan servants rushing to help him. Their quick and skilled hands unfastened the straps and buckles connecting his baggage to the horse's back. One servant even offered to help Leo dismount. Feeling slightly overwhelmed, he refused and climbed down himself. He stood, stretched out his legs and watched as the servants carried his baggage away and disappeared into a separate hallway, presumably in the direction of the room he would be staying in, and took his horse to the stables. 

"Prince Leo," came a calculating, marginally condescending voice from behind him. Leo turned to find Yukimura, peering at him over his glasses. "Come with me," He said, inclining his head. Yukimura led Leo to the guest room he would take residence in for the rest of his visit. Leo learned that the guest quarters were considerably far from Takumi's room. Leo wasn't sure if that was a relief or a nuisance. 

Yukimura informed him that he would be responsible to attend a dinner party in the evening to celebrate his coming, where the Royals will formally greet him and welcome him, even if they might already have during the day. Not fond of social situations and obligations, Leo was at least grateful that he didn't have to talk to Takumi's siblings right away. Yukimura stepped away momentarily, allowing him a closer look around his quarters. Clothing was folded on his bed; Hoshidan garments and, he noted with surprise, Nohrian. 

After placing his armor somewhere and changing into clothing that wasn't damp with sweat, Yukimura sought for him again. The teal-haired man showed him how to reach Takumi's chambers from his own, listed off his responsibilities to him, (make sure he doesn't move around excessively, keep him company, make sure he takes his medicine, etc.) and reassured him that the servants would be there to help him if he was in need of anything. They stood outside the injured boy's bedroom, and when Yukimura was finished explaining, he looked to Leo expectantly. Leo gave him a pleased smile, more out of politeness than genuinity. "Thank you very much. I appreciate your guidance." Yukimura gave a slight bow and left him to his own devices. His smile slipped from his face immediately and his cordial attitude disappeared when he turned to face the entrance to Takumi's room. He slid the Hoshidan-styled doors open and peered inside before stepping in, in a guarded manner that suggested he was checking whether or not there was a threat.

He entered and quietly slid the door behind him shut. Leo's brown eyes locked onto Takumi, and they swept down the full length of Takumi's body before returning to his face. Takumi was bedridden, face gaunt, complexion pale. The mountain of blankets laid over him must have been concealing a body covered in casts and bandages. It was almost amusing to see him in such a pitiful state, but pity reigned over amusement, and he had to prevent himself from cringing. "Gods, you look terrible," was what tumbled out of his mouth before he could even stop to think.

(If you don't mind, I'm going to take Hinoka? She's one of my favourites, and I wanted to set up for something. Also, would you be interested in adding some heavier plot elements to this instead of just having be SoL? It might be interesting to bring in the possession again and all. I'm doing a little bit of stuff relating to it in this post, but if you don't want to, I we can just retcon it.

Also, I'm really sorry if my posts aren't as long or as good as yours, I'm not very good at this and only started a while ago. ^_^;)

"Prince Leo," Hinoka called, entering Takumi's room. "Yukimura brought you here, right? Ryo- King Ryoma asked me to show you around and help you set up your quarters, so you can ignore that old codger- Er, not really, but-" She looked away, sighing, and muttered under her breath, a bit too loudly, "Gods, I'm bad at this stuff. Wish Ryoma would've just let me go and help clear out the rest of the Faceless; political work isn't for me at all. I'd switch with my retainers any day." Suddenly remembering that she was in the presence of Leo, her head snapped up in a fashion similar to a cornered deer, wincing at her own mistake and continuing to mumble to herself, too quietly for anyone else to hear this time. "Sorry," she got out eventually. "Sorry. Sorry. Oh, what the heck, just pretend I'm following all the proper rules and etiquette, okay? This is too much to bother with. Anyways, I didn't mean any offence to Yukimura, and you probably should listen to him, but he doesn't know everything right now." 

Hinoka looked away, biting on her bottom lip, and slid the door shut behind her before continuing in a low tone. "You mustn't let anybody hear word of this, understand? Only Ryoma, Sakura and I know, and brother says that we should trust you whole-heartedly and that's the only reason why I'm explaining this to you. It's not that the other servants and Yukimura aren't trustworthy; he's an excellent advisor who I'm sure is completely loyal and all, but he's not family and his head is so buried in strategy and perfect logic sometimes that he doesn't understand how we feel." Again, she hesitated, obviously unsure of how to continue. She wandered to Takumi's side, her hand gently ghosting over his eyelids to sweep them closed. "Do you want to sit down?" she asked, gesturing at the edge of the bed detachedly. "I know you've had a long journey coming here."

Reaching up to push some hair aside, and firmly refusing to make eye-contact with Leo, Hinoka put her hand against the side of her face, grinding into her eye with the heel of her palm. "Takumi isn't actually injured. I think I saw him get hit once or twice when we were fighting Anankos, but he got up looking fine and he made it back here without any issues, I think you saw, didn't you? I hope not, honestly, it'd be better if everyone's forgotten. A couple days later, though, he just collapsed. We got a couple practitioners to see him and they all said he was fine; we've given those two a lot of money and sent them to live out the rest of their lives in luxury far, far away. My siblings and I have been keeping watch over him, and nobody else is allowed to see him, obviously. He's unconscious, most of the time, and I- I don't think he's really awake even when his eyes are open. Sakura said that he started talking once, the same thing over and over again. It- It's kinda scary, a-and Ryoma thought that the mages in Nohr might know something, so..." Hinoka froze, and after a long pause, slowly looked up to Leo, eyes wide but blank, almost like she was in prayer, and asked, all in one breath, "You can fix this, right?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back