• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy No Mortals (Accepting new characters!)

I know it says open but I'm asking permission just in case. I also have a few questions if this is, in fact, open.

Rurnur said:
It is indeed still open! Ask away.
Sweet. So first off, awesome idea. I was reading the overview and was like damn this shit seems legit hahaha. Now, I would like to know a bit more about the world as a whole. What will we be doing? Are we just playing through our characters or is there a goal that most people are working towards? Also, I would like to make a demon character but I'm not too sure on the details of how they would look and what they can do. Are they publicly hated or just looked down upon and maybe hunted by some groups.

Small details but it will help me create something better

Thanks I appreciate that! Your goal as a character will depend on which of the 3 "factions" you choose. For instance, as an Immortal, you're the natural "protector" of Mortals, but it's also possible to become a Demon, at which point you'll be hunting to satisfy your hunger for souls, with Immortal souls being the tastiest, of course. As an "Artificial Immortal" you'll be working for the military, completing missions, with the end goal being the extinction of both Demons and Immortals, to create an "orderly" universe.

Regarding the appearance of a Demon, you'll start off as a human, but will become more demonic with the more souls you consume, there's plenty of freedom as to how your character can look, as a Demon. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Rurnur said:
Thanks I appreciate that! Your goal as a character will depend on which of the 3 "factions" you choose. For instance, as an Immortal, you're the natural "protector" of Mortals, but it's also possible to become a Demon, at which point you'll be hunting to satisfy your hunger for souls, with Immortal souls being the tastiest, of course. As an "Artificial Immortal" you'll be working for the military, completing missions, with the end goal being the extinction of both Demons and Immortals, to create an "orderly" universe.
Regarding the appearance of a Demon, you'll start off as a human, but will become more demonic with the more souls you consume, there's plenty of freedom as to how your character can look, as a Demon. Let me know if you have any more questions!
OK how far into the monster look can they go with how powerful they become? Will they just become something indescribable or still retain a somewhat human form? The beast form thing also threw me for a bit of a spin. Can they look demonic or monstrous but retain a humanoid form and transform into a crazy monster form of some sort (given they are strong enough of course). As it is, it almost seems like a direct counter to the immortals soul armor or mech form.

Each form is like a threshold, you start out as a Mortal, you eat souls, gain energy, your soul gets too full, it ruptures, and reforms as a Demonic soul, which in turn, reforms your physical body. (It's also possible for an Immortal to become a Demon, through the same process) Your demon form will still be humanoid, not giant, but definitely larger. The Demon body becomes your base form, then you go through the cycle again, you eat souls until you reach a certain threshold, when you unlock Beast form, you gain the ability to transform onto a more monster-like being, anything really, a serpent, giant wolf, dragon, etc. Also yes, it's meant to mirror the soul armour, and serve as a measure of power, for example, if your opponent enters Beast form, but you only have Armoured form, you'll know the odds are against you.

Rurnur said:
Each form is like a threshold, you start out as a Mortal, you eat souls, gain energy, your soul gets too full, it ruptures, and reforms as a Demonic soul, which in turn, reforms your physical body. (It's also possible for an Immortal to become a Demon, through the same process) Your demon form will still be humanoid, not giant, but definitely larger. The Demon body becomes your base form, then you go through the cycle again, you eat souls until you reach a certain threshold, when you unlock Beast form, you gain the ability to transform onto a more monster-like being, anything really, a serpent, giant wolf, dragon, etc. Also yes, it's meant to mirror the soul armour, and serve as a measure of power, for example, if your opponent enters Beast form, but you only have Armoured form, you'll know the odds are against you.
Alright think I have everything I need. Thanks for answering the questions. If I have anymore I'll let you know ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back