• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nightbringer (1x1 Main; Private with itsvone and toxsick)

Roman

Roman slowly crept through the trees as he watched his prey from a decent space away not to startle it. It was a plump rabbit, something that the pack elder was wanting since he had been so picky lately.

One step after the next, keeping his paw-steps delicately placed after the next. And then she dashed out and grabbed it by the neck. Easily catching it with not much effort.

Roman then headed back to the pack camp, holding the rabbit in his jaws. "Roman, here, lad!" the elder called out.

Roman walked over and placed it down in front of him. "Hi," he greeted, sitting down by the elder. "It was a simple catch. You made it easy for me."

The elder chuckled, "I know. Also, I told your nephews and niece about the zombie wolf."

"It's merely a she-wolf's tale," Roman laughed but the elder shot him a keen eye.

"That's what you think. But I've seen it," he muttered, a glimpse of fear in his eyes. "I went to go see if it was true with a friend and it appeared before our eyes. I never saw that friend again because he was so terrified."

Roman blinked in disbelief, "that-that's impossible."

"Go see for yourself, take your nephews and niece with you," the elder coughed.

Roman got up with determination glimmering in his eyes, he gathered his kin and went to the destination.​

Toxsick

The zombie-looking wolf was sitting in her waterfall cave in silence, her ember gaze staring into nothingness. All she could hear were the gentle drops of water in the moist cave around her. A drop of the icy-cold water dropped onto her snout, snapping her out of her trance. She stood up, shaking free any droplets from her fur. While stretching her cracking limbs, she could pick up the scent of wolves nearby outside. Her firey gaze stared outside as she saw a large wolf with three pups.

She slowly made her way out to reveal herself.​

Last edited:
Roman

As Roman led his young kin there, he wondered, could it really be real? He could see the river up ahead that led directly to the waterfall where the water plunged softly into the water below it. It was maybe twenty feet tall? He shook his head. The only thing he should be worried about was keeping his kin safe-- or maybe he just mainly wanted to see if the story really was a she-wolf's tale or real.

At the side of the river, right next to the waterfall, the pups exclaimed in awe, as they seemed more interested about the new views. "Be careful, please?" he had a crack in his voice as he saw a big wolf-- bigger than himself, he might add-- leaving the waterfall's maw.

"Oh, my God," he gasped. The pups took shelter behind him as he stared in fear.​

Toxsick

She growled as they stared at her, the fur on her neck bristling as she took a step out of the water. Hoping they would retract steps as she did. Her voice spoke huskily and deeply, "what are you all doing here? You shouldn't be here. Leave!" The last words bellowed from deep in her throat. She had no remorse whats-o-ever for the pups if they were scared. They're supposed to be. The stories are supposed to keep all these strange wolves away, but instead, make them stupid and curious. She bares her fangs at the male wolf before quieting down for him to speak.​

Roman

Roman about stumbled back onto the pups with such unexplainable fear. He should've listened to the pack elder. What was I thinking? his mind was in a whirl of mixed emotions. Hearing the voice made him questions everything-- a female voice-- but she sounded so broken. As she questioned him then growled, all the words he was going to say got balled up in his throat and nothing came out. He had nothing to say out of pure fear.

The pups reacted differently from the growl, causing them to turn tail and run back to the camp. Roman then met her eyes again-- frozen in fear-- he couldn't even follow behind the pups.

"My elder said you were real... I wanted to go-go see for myself," he says at last. "I mean-mean no trouble," he stammered over his words that seemed to spill out his jaws without thinking.​

Toxsick

She took a step towards him, "I expected you to run away, as everyone else does." She eyes him up and down, "well, I am real. So you can leave now." She sniffs the air and walks past him, her pelt brushing against him. If he were to continue walking, she would stop him by standing in front of him, "what is your name, by the way? I have never seen a wolf so dedicated to come and actually speak to me."​

Roman

Roman could feel his fur prickling along his body and bit his tongue to stay quiet. He didn't want to say anything stupid, which is what he usually did. "I-I'll go then..." he murmurs but when she stopped him, he almost jumped clear of his pelt. He let his ears go backward in surprise but he was still frightened of her appearance. "I-I'm Roman," he says, his eyes shaky.

Roman thought it would be rude if he didn't ask the same and then the question left his maw, "what is your-your name?"​

Toxsick

She blinks at him at the asking of her name, "the name's Toxsick." She sniffs at his flank and encircles him for a moment before stopping in front of him again. "You're from nearby, I assume? A lot of wolves with your scent, in particular, always come here." The moon was slowly beginning to go over the horizon, making her multi-colored pelt shine brightly. All the colors clash together equally, showing all of her curves on all sides.​

Roman

Roman watches her in silence, her fur being so close to his as she went around him, feeling.. static.. somehow. "Yes-yes, I am from nearby," he responds. Anything at this point was just coming out of him and there was nothing stopping him. It's as if he couldn't think before he spoke anymore. With the moon brightening her figure, his eyes widened a little bit. Wow, he thought. "Do-do you live near-nearby also?"​

Toxsick

"I do," she says, a small smile making its way onto her face. "I live behind this-" she points her muzzle toward the waterfall, "-waterfall. There's an open cave behind it. If you want to see, but I'm sure your pack may get worried that you haven't returned with those pups." She knew that was the truth, but she hasn't spoken to anyone in so long. She hated being alone for so long.​

Roman

She lives behind a waterfall? I wonder what that's like, he thought before she asked if he wanted to see. But then again he should head home because his pack may get worried about him. She indeed was right. "I-I should get home. Thank-thanks for the offer though," he says. He kind of felt bad about saying no and then words made their way out of him, "maybe.. tomorrow?" Ah, Roman what are you thinking?

Toxsick

"Yes, of course. It's always nice to offer," she says before about to go back into her home. She halted and looked over her shoulder, "meet again? I'm surprised." She turns back around fully and meets his gaze, "sure we can. Tomorrow night is fine with me." She felt a hard tug at her heartstrings and smiles faintly.​

Roman

Roman blinks in surprise with her agreeing with the offer of him coming by tomorrow. Of course, he wouldn't want to be seen- so he'd have to sneak out. He hated the thought of doing so because he was so loyal to the pack.. thought, he knew he would get scolded when he gets back to camp; because the pups returned there without him. He gulps hard and says, "o-okay. I'll see you then!" He then turns and bounds back to camp.​

Toxsick

The zombie female watches him go and stands there, not moving. Not yet. There was so much that just happened and she couldn’t process everything properly. A wolf was actually going to come back! Then her overthinking hit her: but what if he doesn’t and only said that to trap her.

She shook and her head snarls quietly to herself. She backs up and slowly turns around, heading into the waterfall. She then nestled down in her corner; a few audible sounds of her bones were heard as she did so.​

Roman

Roman ran back to the camp but slowed his pace to pick up a rabbit on the way back and he was immediately scolded by his father, elder, and mother of his nephews an nieces. He didn't even have to explain much because the the pups snitched on him for talking with the "zombie" wolf. He bit his tongue so no rude gesture would escape his maw and was let go with a warning. Thank goodness he wasn't grounded to the camp. His father would always have an eye on him with some other guard or something amongst those lines.

Roman walked into the den and slept in his corner. He kind of wanted to see her again.. but what if he got caught? What would he do then?

He shook his head quickly despite his thoughts.

Just let me sleep, he thought to himself as he tightened himself into a ball until morning came.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back