Night One

Archer- the streets of Baltimore

Standing out in the middle of the street with the rain and the fog left her with an exposed feeling. Her Master playing with her hair was a bit odd, but she didn't protest. With introductions out of the way and Saber giving her an odd look she voiced her opinion. 

"I believe the best decision right now would be to get out of this fog, and the rain." She said. "If the fog truly is its caster's way of gathering information then it would be best for us to discuss important matters far from prying ears." 

She knew her appearance and apparent skills would weigh against her. A small child summoned as a Servant in a war didn't appear even remotely threatening or knowledgeable. Of course that could be to her advantage, but it was still a concern. 

A lightning bolt struck a nearby lightpost, blowing out the bulb,and darkening the street around them. The boom that followed was near deafening. "A little close, huh dad?" She mumbled to herself. She hadn't flinched, but the flash had been blinding. After it settled down, she contemplated her comment. She wasn't sure anyone had heard her, but it didn't truly bother her. Identities were all revealed eventually, and there wasn't anything in there that betrayed her, so she didn't worry about it. 

She looked to her Master expectantly, as if the lightning has been her doing. The street was just generally a bad place to be. Civilian risk was just as much an issue as their own, and a fight breaking out here put both at risk. 

@Colt556 @Jackaboi @Phayne

assassin stood next to the door in which Faust just walked through he looks out to the fog and rain.

"The girl has called us into, well better to say she has asked that i help her with something tonight"

he was now facing faust from the doorway 

"you should take you meds that the doctor gave you and go to bed. i dont need you going out and getting hurt again whilst im out"

he then turned aw from faust looking back into the fog and rain 

"alright then im off to complete this mission"

assassin began his trip to the prison 

Rider/The Castle

Rider hissed, turning away from the woman completely. "So she saved you from that fate? It..." She paused, briefly. If that was true, it changed things - the course Rider's life had taken, her anger, her vengeance. The whims of the gods were strange, indeed. "It's possible, at least..."

Composing herself, she turned back to the woman. As she met Caster's eyes, for a second, Rider's seemed to glisten with tears, but she blinked and they were gone. "But anyone could know that - anyone could make up that story." She took a deep breath, challenging Caster with determined eyes - but there was a softness under the glare, barely concealed. "So. Something that only we know. Something shared between the two of us, and no-one else."

@Otakuyaki

@Nick Ton Cutter

Marie turned t look at the direction of town. The thunder and lightning had caught her attention. "I wonder if any fighting has started. Berserker please do me a favor and extend your senses to see if any servants are nearby. I want to know if we have to go hunting or not." Marie raised her left to her mouth and muffled a small yawn. She was starting to get bored, usually someone suffered when she got bored. "Lets see whats going on in town." There was a rustling in the trees above and a small black bird fluttered down from the branches and landed on Marie's shoulder. She whispered into it's ear and theb ird took off heading towards town, It would stick to the shadows making it practically invisible.

@AaronVolcano24

Rider/The Castle

Rider hissed, turning away from the woman completely. "So she saved you from that fate? It..." She paused, briefly. If that was true, it changed things - the course Rider's life had taken, her anger, her vengeance. The whims of the gods were strange, indeed. "It's possible, at least..."

Composing herself, she turned back to the woman. As she met Caster's eyes, for a second, Rider's seemed to glisten with tears, but she blinked and they were gone. "But anyone could know that - anyone could make up that story." She took a deep breath, challenging Caster with determined eyes - but there was a softness under the glare, barely concealed. "So. Something that only we know. Something shared between the two of us, and no-one else."

@Otakuyaki

@Nick Ton Cutter

"Hmm..." Caster's eyes drooped as Rider demanded further proof, "There's no way to prove myself but with my own words, is there?" with that, Caster released her grip on her staff, which unravelled into golden wisps and disappeared, now completely unarmed as she approached Rider, ignoring the sword that was armed at her.

"Remember how he tricked the both of us... and even my false groom agreed to help us?" Caster's voice closed to a whisper as she closed in on Rider's ear, whispering in a barely audible manner, the man that had cursed the both of them, and their entire family, "I have nothing else but words to give... and if that cannot satisfy you, I don't know what else will, ******?" Caster ended with a salutation, audible only to Rider: a reminder to Rider for what Caster truly meant to her.

Faust didn't reply to assassin and walked into the manor.

Hey, can you heal yourself in any way?

He asked himself. Three bullet wounds were quite the disadvantage in a fight. Not that the second bullet that grazed his leg mattered. It was his shoulder. The bullet completely pierced through it. His foot was not too bad though. Compared to the shoulder, that is.

Nup. This old spirit's run out of tricks. I mean, we could kill a mage who knows healing magic and then resurrect he or she in a manner so that the undead summoned retains its intelligence while it was alive. But I doubt we'll be able to find one, not in such a small town.

Faust sighed to himself even heavier than last time, and entered the manor. It was a bit strange though. Faust had sworn this place used to be a...

WAIT, where the fuck did you put my gun?

You mean that useless hunk of plastic that shoots metal balls?

You know perfectly what a gun is.

It's in the car. I prefer the scythe.

I swear, are you the grim reaper of something?

Faust continued down the corridor, and got lost again. He eventually found the room he kept his belongings in and opened the closet. The first thing he saw was a glint of silver. He pulled the chained scythe out of the closet. And accidentally cut his finger with the barbed chain attached to the end of the scythe.

There it is. Now what else were you looking for? A comedy mask?

No, dumbass. The plague mask and the black cloak.

Oh, that weird leather dress with the cloth hood?

Faust soon found himself sitting on a chair, looking through every last corner of his wardrobe, looking for that creepy dress he had probably killed someone to get. He really didn't know what the spirit of the Necronomicon had in mind but he decided to find the dress himself. He didn't want to die, at least not on the first night.

well, if Caster's trying to make me public enemy #1, I'd better play along. I mean, I don't need everyone to know I slaughtered an orphanage full of kids either...

Needless to say, the spirit had a twisted plan brewing...

Rider/The Castle

The sword dropped from Rider's hand, evaporating into nothingness before it hit the floor. With tears welling up in her eyes, she embraced Caster, hugging her close. For a while, she said nothing, simply smiling and choking back tears as her anger melted away. "It is-" She sniffed, wiping at her eyes, "I couldn't believe it, but-" She took a second to compose herself, and broke the hug.

"Well," She beamed, stepping back, "What's your wish, then? If it isn't too trivial, I'll help you win it." Then, suddenly remembering the presence of her Master, she turned around. "Ah," she said, looking at the masked man. "Don't worry, we can trust her. And I'm sure she'll be a valuable ally." She smiled, looking between the two of them with an expression of casual optimism.

Her happiness was oddly infectious; the rage and sadness had faded completely - the only evidence of their presence was the slight dampness around her eyes. "To have both my dearest wishes granted, even before the grail's appearance..." She whispered to herself, staring fondly at Caster.

Rider/City Streets

Outside in the fog, Rider's horse slowly drew to a stop. Rider tilted her head quizzically, as if listening to music audible only to her. "What strange mess have you gotten us into now, sister?" She asked, the words disappearing on the breeze. Slowly, she turned the mare, back in the direction she had come - on a direct path to the Castle.

@Nick Ton Cutter

@Otakuyaki

Blood... so much blood... can't... think...

Faust sat against the wall, trying to come back to reality.

God, what was I thinking? Opening a book that clearly wasn't meant to be opened...

He tried to remember to a time before all of this nonsense had happened, but all he heard were people, women, children, crying for their lives. The only laughter he heard, were of his, taking joy in watching the souls of others suffer. 

forgive me...

He knew that nobody was listening though. A life without a friend is a death without a witness. Frankly, Faust's about to suffer from both.

No, there's one last thing I need to do.

Faust picked up his scythe and plunged to right through his own chest. A brilliant wave of red dyed the walls crimson. Faust then looked at the three command seals on his hand. He closed his eyes.

By the power of the command seal, I order you, assassin, to return here.

As Assassin appeared before him, he put an ancient looking tome in front of his figure, and then used his second command seal.

By the power of my second command seal, assassin, destroy that book by all means. 

And with his last breath, he used his final command seal.

And with my last command seal... if you ever see Caster, tell her this: Fuck you.

Sorry assassin. I'm too useless to be your master. I hope you find someone worthy of being your master and not a cold blooded murderer like me. I've done too many terrible things. I deserved this. I guess it's goodbye then.

Then, all felt silent. The only smell was of blood, which coated the walls and floor, and the only sound were to be the rain, hitting upon the roof like a thousand needles. The dark presence that was the spirit of the Necronomicon dissipated, and returned to the cursed tome, and the dead all fell silent, just as they should, and always should be...

@Charmingdruid9

"There are none very close to us" berserker says back to Marie. "why change plans due to the apathic fool" he turns his body towards the town and offers his hand "if that is where you wish to go we will" he offers his hand out to her achknowledging her request.

@Dante Verren

Rider/The Castle

The sword dropped from Rider's hand, evaporating into nothingness before it hit the floor. With tears welling up in her eyes, she embraced Caster, hugging her close. For a while, she said nothing, simply smiling and choking back tears as her anger melted away. "It is-" She sniffed, wiping at her eyes, "I couldn't believe it, but-" She took a second to compose herself, and broke the hug.

"Well," She beamed, stepping back, "What's your wish, then? If it isn't too trivial, I'll help you win it." Then, suddenly remembering the presence of her Master, she turned around. "Ah," she said, looking at the masked man. "Don't worry, we can trust her. And I'm sure she'll be a valuable ally." She smiled, looking between the two of them with an expression of casual optimism.

Her happiness was oddly infectious; the rage and sadness had faded completely - the only evidence of their presence was the slight dampness around her eyes. "To have both my dearest wishes granted, even before the grail's appearance..." She whispered to herself, staring fondly at Caster.

Rider/City Streets

Outside in the fog, Rider's horse slowly drew to a stop. Rider tilted her head quizzically, as if listening to music audible only to her. "What strange mess have you gotten us into now, sister?" She asked, the words disappearing on the breeze. Slowly, she turned the mare, back in the direction she had come - on a direct path to the Castle.

@Nick Ton Cutter

@Otakuyaki

"I wish for a rebirth of the world." Caster hugged Rider back, before she proceeded to answer her question, "A new Golden Age, where humans can be free in their communion with us once more, and the mysteries will return. The authority of the Gods will return to this age, and with it, a new chance to steer the world into an age of peace between the humans and us!" Caster's voice began to rise in optimism, in response to Rider's own, but realising this, she quickly softened her voice once more.

"It warms my heart to know that you've been longing to see me." Caster smiled benevolently, "Watching from the peaks above, back then, I longed to meet you once more, but that was something I could not do..." Caster's voice drooped as she reminisced those times. Indeed, they were exhilarating, but submitting to fate was one of her sole regrets, "But now, I finally am free to meet you once more." Caster smiled, returning her attention to the present, keeping eye contact with Rider.

"Both your wishes have been granted? Surely there must be more..." Caster continued, "With the both of us, we can win this war! I have made preparations to meet that end."

Rider/The Castle

Hearing Caster's wish, Rider frowned slightly, but didn't say anything. Her expression was soon warmed, though, as Caster reminisced. It wasn't long before the two had matching smiles, expressions remarkably similar.

"My wishes," Rider said, glowing with happiness. "Were to be reunited with my sister..." She trailed off slightly, thinking - remembering something that threatened to intrude on this happiness - but quickly continued. "And with you, of course." She said, meeting Caster's eyes once more. "Ah, but my sister has her own wish..." She said, half out loud, half to herself, breaking eye contact once more, "But I'm sure granting your wish will allow hers to be granted, also." She nodded as she said it, but there was a note of slight doubt in her voice.

"With the three of us, this war is as good as won!" She said, raising a fist in excitement.

@Otakuyaki

I wasn't long before Saber materialized after Naomi's servant, whom she revealed to be Archer, had done the same. Not only that but Saber had also revealed his own class in return. At this point introductions have been met. It was still odd how the grail chose a child to fight in the war but it was not his place to question the reasoning behind such a holy artifact. Archer made a suggestion that everyone should try to get out of the fog if it truly is an enemies doing. "I agree with Archer. If we make any plans here then it would be pointless if our target knows what to expect." Jirei hoped that the caster couldn't read minds from within the fog too. That would prove to be a substantial set back since he was trying to plan ahead of all of this. Having a close range fighter and a long range sniper on the same side would give quite the advantage. Although as mentioned by Saber, if caster also knows this then they would also be planning something to counter this. Overall they do not have much time but they can't make their plans inside the fog either. It may be better to try and get out the fog so they can plan accordingly. Lightning struck very close by to the group, it was so close in fact that it almost seemed intentional. Although the fact that there were no further strikes does make it seem more of a coincidence. Regardless they all needed to get out the fog. "We should definitally get out of this fog. We can make our plans once we're in the clear."

(I know the post is a little sloppy but next one will be better.)

Maire sighed heavily and opened her eyes, they were filled with the dull sense of disappointment. "How disappointing, oh well we shall deal with him later." The umbrella disappeared as she took Berseker's hand and swung up on to the back of the horse. She brushed off any from her outfit and poked her head from behind her servants back. She looked up at the dark helmet that covered where his head would be. The time had come for the nights activities. It was time for blood. "You remember the plan right Berserker? Anyone holding a gun or in uniform are our playmates for the night. The goal is to kill them all. Think we can do it?"

@AaronVolcano24

"of course, it will be as you wish." Lightning cracks across the sky as Berserker rears his horse back and the horse neighs loudly. He turns his body around slightly and says "cover your ears" he reaches his hand into his jacket and pulls out his horn. He is now able to nod so he does so. He lifts the cover of his helmet up and brings the horn to his mouth. He blows it loudly, the trees squirm slightly at the sound that shook the rain off the horn and his body makes all animals in the area retreat. As the sound echoes out a wind comes through and blows his cape backwards and into Marie slightly. Berserker extends his arms out and laughs. He puts his horn away, then turns to Marie "I apologize for my cape Marie" 

@Dante Verren

Naomi Maxwell - City Streets

While she didn't much care about the fog it seemed her servant and newfound companions felt differently. At this point she didn't much care about formulating plans. After all, what good was a plan if you had no idea what your opponents were capable of? She would much rather spend her time making probing attacks against the enemy, especially now that she had the aid of Saber. Pitting Saber against enemy servants would allow her to gather the intel she wanted without revealing much about her own servant. Alas she agreed with the man's servant more than her own, it would be far better to just go on the offensive. As if to further prod her on a bolt of lightning struck dangerously close to their position, shrouding the street in darkness and causing a shiver to run up her spine. She glanced down at Archer, offering the girl an acknowledging smile before turning her gaze back to the man that stood before her. "While getting out of the fog is all well and dandy, it's kind of hard getting out of something we don't even know the full reach of. It's not like simply closing a door on it would keep an ethereal mist out after all. And somehow I doubt asking nicely would make our supposed eavesdropper go away. So I agree with Saber's suggestion. If this fog truly is Caster's doing than they already know about our alliance so we may as well press on rather than give them time to solidify their position." She couldn't help but be a little bemused by the current situation of the two masters agreeing with their opponent's servants. Nevertheless it didn't truly matter who made the suggestion, she had always intended to make something happen this night. If that meant being at odds with her servant then so be it. Even so she didn't want to drive too much of a wedge between the two right at the start so she again glanced down at the young girl, this time offering her an apologetic look. It was becoming extremely obvious that she and her servant had different ideas on how to approach this conflict.

@Arlo Hayes @Jackaboi @Phayne

Saber

Saber nodded, unfazed by the results of lightning striking nearby. He had heard far more deafening and fearsome roars during his life that simple lightning had lost all of its ferocity. "The best position to occupy if your intention was to spread this mist far and wide would have been somewhere high.." began Saber, his voice deep and commanding. "... Traditionally, the higher you are the wider your range is.." Saber momentarily glanced around, though the lack of light and the thick mist made it impossible to actually see anything beyond a few meters. "Assuming this to be the work of Caster, then it would also be well in the realm of possibility that their base of operations would be well fortified against attacks. One of his or her class would not intentionally threaten the rest of us without having some form of plan to deal with the potential of engaging everyone at once. Whilst I agree that intel gathering is a perfectly viable strategy, to do so openly and obviously in a war such as ours is a very bold if not risky card to play" Saber sighed, having rambled on now. "Basically.. to summarize, it is highly possible that Caster has fortified them self exceptionally well in order to disregard the consequences of their actions.. or they have aligned themselves with other participants of the war" he finished. 

Archer- city streets

To say she was afraid of the fog itself would be an insult. No, she worried more about the fog's origins. They were familiar, and raised too many suspicions in her for it to be a coincidence. But her master seemed to have other plans. Although seeing that she agreed with an opposing master more than she did her own, and the opposing servant agreed with her master more was humorous. 

She had a feeling that she wouldn't get her way. It wasn't the first time, but she had terrible memories of dealing with her father after getting to involved in mortal affairs...

She shook her head vigorously. These were her affairs too, she could act as she wanted. And to be honest, if she truly cared to get involved the rules wouldn't hold her. They never had before. 

Lightning struck a distance away, the thunder following sounded almost pitiful. The rain seemed to lighten a bit. Either the storm was over, or this was simply a calm before it got worse, and she had a feeling it was the latter. Perhaps getting something done tonight would be best. She remained silent however, and looked to her master. She had a strong feeling the two masters and saber had a stronger connection to each other than she did to any of them. Setting herself apart from them even more wasn't a good idea. 

@Colt556 @Jackaboi @Phayne

Jirei took all of these ideas into consideration. Although he was the type to play it safe and formulate a plan away from prying eyes. It was also true that this would be a risky move to take. None of them know just how much ground the fog is covering, it could take them all night to find a way out. That is the kind of time they do not have. Strangly enough it seemed that Archer was more on Jirei's side and Naomi agreed more with Saber. "This is quite the dilemma... We have a choice of falling back to formulate a plan and risking the enemy to strengthen their own position or we can go on the offensive now but Caster will know what to expect." Jirei took a moment to consider his options. Unfortunately Archer probably won't be able to set up a sniping position with all this fog in the way and seperating will only allow caster to have their minions pick them off one by one. "If we're going to attack now. Then I suggest we go in as a group. That way the enemy won't pick us off in the fog." Of course there was one major flaw within that plan. That was the issue of trust. For all he knew Naomi could take that chance to stab Jirei in the back when he's not looking and he can't afford to be wary of his allies while he's dealing with a mutual threat. Refusing to shake his hand may have been a smart move on her end but that does help with the trust factor at all. "Going in seperately may help cover more ground but we are dealing with Caster here. I know she will have her minions outnumber us in seconds if we do that." Jirei wondered if Caster was really held up inside the old castle. From what Saber said that place would be the most likely candidate. Well fortified and plenty of height to conjure a fog like this. But there was also the lighthouse too. He wouldn't say that place was very protected though.

@Colt556 @Phayne @Arlo Hayes

Naomi Maxwell - City Streets

She folded her free arm under her chest, resting her elbow in her hand as the two men spoke their pieces. Now even Saber seemed hesitant to charge in and confront Caster, however nobody was offering any truly viable alternatives. They didn't have enough intelligence to formulate a plan, and with this mist Caster would likely know what they were up to even if they had. She perked up slightly as her fellow Master suggesting going in as a group. Finally it seemed they were getting somewhere and so she offered a quick nod. "We don't have to commit, but the least we can do is go in and have a look around." She allowed her gaze to shift from one member to the other before returning to her fellow master. "Seeing as this mist shuts down any 'fall back' plans I'm going to Caster. If you two want to come along that'd make things easier, but wars aren't won by standing around and allowing your enemy free reign." She turned her gaze north towards the castle. If they wanted somewhere high and fortified that'd be the obvious place to start. With the matter settled as far as she was concerned she turned to make her way towards the castle, expecting Archer to follow along. Even if she couldn't fulfill her original mission of killing another servant this night she was at least going to learn some useful information. As she walked she absentmindedly gave her umbrella a slow twirl, appearing far more nonchalant that one would expect given the circumstances. "Archer, is this mist going to be a problem for you? As far as I know, your class isn't suited for close combat."

@Arlo Hayes @Jackaboi @Phayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back