• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Night. [Deep & Dark Psychological Horror RP] (7 SLOTS OPEN)

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.
CS PAGE HERE

*DISCLAIMER*

Okay, so if you know me you also know my reputation and how this goes. DO NOT COMMIT IF YOU ARE NOT IN THIS FOR LONG TERM, AS THERE WILL BE SEVERAL PLOTS OF DEEP, STORY DRIVEN HORROR EVENTS.

This is a horror RP based off the same dynamic of free will, of character choices and decisions that affect the outcome of their fates' and path. A group of friends and circle are investigating a close friend and/or relative's death in Western USA. They pack up and set their sights for the truth. Weeks and weeks of school, or work, or just lounging around their lives looking for more. Well, the opportunity has come, and for them, it was one that couldn't be ignored. Steven Morrison went missing and remained so for months on end. He was looking for a remote location to literally build a city for the impovershed and outcasted, wanting them to be apart of an experience like no other. But he never returned. Police chopped it up to a simple disappearance or animal attack, but never found the body. But when his circle realizes that this benevolent ideal could have resulted in something a bit more skeptical than thought, research and instinct will test them against the very fiber of their morals and being.

And it's those instincts that they'll need to gain the awareness of a grave fact.

There's something else much darker and sinister waiting for them, and when they find out what...it could be too late. Their entire world is about to burst wide open.

The choices affect your future, your friends' future, your very life, as you and your characters are free to make whatever choices you wish and free play to your personalities. The choices will carve a path into the universe as characters' scenarios and path will come to a head considering which character made what choice. The only choice that will matter in the end.

Did you choose to live?

scary-gifs-6.gif

So, I was playing Until Dawn and finally finished the game after giving it a whirl, and that horror game was spot on. The characters, the story, the horror, all of it was great. So I got to thinking, how cool would it be to create a horror RP based off the same dynamic, of character choices and decisions that affect the outcome of their fates' and path. As far as the horror antagonist, I was thinking the terror and theme would be a mix between Until Dawn, and Outlast (if you haven't heard of them it's okay, just check the plot below. SCARY stuff.)

I was thinking of having a group of friends or characters in which one/several of the characters had a friend/relative whom not only went to visit said location, but was never seen again. This group decides to take matters into their own hands, going to the road of the location he was last seen, an old manor at the end of it. They stop to ask for directions and well.... you know the horror cliche. Except this time it won't be a creepy man or haunted houses. There's something else much darker and sinister waiting in that manor, and when they find out what...it could be too late.

The choices would come in GM posts, as you and your characters are still free to make whatever choices you wish and free play to your personalities. The choices would probably be at the end of the GM post, and then set up every characters' scenarios and path considering which character made what choice. To make it fair, I'd propose that someone else take turns GM posting with me (or we all can) that way I'm not just godding my way through without the chance of death. Just because it's a horror does not mean anyone has to die!! All depends on CHOICES. For instance:
  • Run! Fast as you can.
  • Stay completely still.. DO NOT MOVE
  • Pick the nearest hiding spot and hide.
Our characters would be free to make any one of those choices depending on the circumstances, but depending on what's chosen, some characters will have good fortune, while some or one may not be so lucky. I'm definitely open to more ideas if anyone has some, as the horror antagonist(s?) have already been planned. Just wanting to see who'd be down before I put too much energy into this. But yeah this will be deep, dark, psychological terror. You've been warned.

The plot:
Camera upload to Facebook live, which was immediately and mysteriously taken down some minutes later. Friends of the poster of this video laughed it off as a prank, but it became a surreal reality when they realized he'd never returned home. This spread and became viral within weeks. This viral event was known as The Stephen Morrison Stream, in which Stephen Morrison age 24, had ventured to a expedition scout trip all paid for. This was the most recent footage of him and his experience before he went missing. No one knows where he went nor why, just that he was taking a trip to build a new place for those without a place. None of the persons in the video have been identified. The Facebook video is below:

Hope you're ready...
tenor.gif

RULES

1. The main common one. Respect RPN and its rules.

2. Any questions or intrigue about the plot or story come to me! I love hearing ideas even if we don't incorporate them.

3. OOC will be friendly and respectful. IC be extra and add flair all you'd like BUT...

4. BE REASONABLE. Realistically adapt and grow into characters and make logical choices based on who they are.

5. I do not mind if you guys subplot romance. I support it as well and will probably bring my character to it. Just keep it PG-13 and not TOO detailed.

6. If you cannot post due to IRL or other reasons please post in consideration of everyone else. I'm interpreting this RP to go relatively fast pace wise not too speedy, so if you need assistance ask and you shall receive! And...

7. If you do fall too far behind or get in a hole you cant climb out of that doesn't mean you're done for. Unless you're intentionally a jerk or going against the tide of the plot, you can get back up to pace.

8. If you band together, or fight amongst each other IC, coordinate with each other as I will be overseeing those situations with a final outcome, but stay true to character and drama. Don't force it just because you want to.

9. HAVE FUNNNNNNNN!!!!!

10. IF YOU MAKE TERRIBLE, STUPID CHOICES YOU> WILL> DIE/SUFFER. Please be realistic and do not mary/gary sue or try to god your way through a situation, unless you're literally sacrificing yourself.

11. Now, if you read, accept, and understand all rules: At the end of your CS, write a sentence mentioning a quote specifically about a horror monster / killer that your character fears.

Last edited:
As a horror expert and fanatic, I'd definitely like to lend a hand. I not only have played both games but I know almost all the details too, so you have an expert on hand.

I'm interested, but what do you mean by psychological horror? Because the two games you are basing this off of are more shock horror than psyche horror, and considering the plot, I don't think you mean Silent Hill levels of scary

I'd love to join if you're still accepting

Oh wow I stop getting alerts for this!

No idea anyone was still interested, I may bring this back if we get enough people.

I'm thinking I'll need at least 4 other characters to start this up!

The plot is pretty much finalized as far as the horror threat. If people are long term serious I could start this up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back