• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Newfound Lands - Dark Marsh Expedition

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
Glad that they had taken a break, Ruvo leaned up against one of the nearby trees to get some respite from the humidity. It looked to be nearly midday which hopefully meant this was the worst of the heat, but he couldn't be certain given this was his first time in this kind of environment. Turning his attention back to Ymir who was instructing the team to check if any leeches had gotten attached to them. He had always thought that leeches could only get you in the waters of swamps and stuff like that, but maybe he was mistaken. Quickly patting himself down the bard didn't immediately spot anything on him but being feathered made it hard to know for sure one wasn't tucked away somewhere he couldn't find right away.

His search was cut short when The Wizard would approached pulling him aside for a brief moment to make a request. It seemed the mage had wanted him to play a tune to take their minds off of the uncomfortable heat if just for a moment. "Didn't know you could make shapes like these with your fire magic. They're pretty nice" he commented while looking over the carefully crafted musical notes. "I'll see what I can do about some ambience" The bard raised the lute that was slung over his shoulder. There was the worry that there could be something or someone out there that they didn't want to attract with something like a brief musical performance, however, this was also an opportune time to try a new trick he had learned in his training. It was a technique that took his song of silence and tweaked its properties so that any sound made within the area was muffled to anyone trying to listen in from outside. A one way version of his spell that traded the absolute silence for the additional benefit of still being able to hear what was going an outside it's area of influence.

𝄞
In the heart of summer, where the heat runs high,

Lies a humid swamp beneath a blazing sky.

We take a rest so we may continue soon.

But not before a nice relaxing tune~

The bard would continue his performance, channeling magic into the instrument for all those within his radius to enjoy.

Alyssa's expression twisted into one of absolute annoyance for just a moment before she pulled it together and regained her fake sorrowful smile. "Don't worry, I understand. I shouldn't have asked, it's clear the topic is something you can't talk about." She answered the harpy. "And you're right, I should save my tears for after I rip the bastards guts out." She added with some actual genuine bite. "I hope you end up getting your revenge."

Dogshit, dogshit, dogshit! Beck might be a little offended she used his favorite swear so lightly but she didn't care. Why the hell didn't that work?! Now she just looked like some foolish crybaby! And for what?! That stupid harpy hadn't told her a single new thing, only going on about how she understood her feelings. Hah, she barely resisted the urge to scoff out loud. She'd sooner die than compare herself to the harpy.

She was the daughter of the great pirate queen! These nobodies wouldn't even last a fraction of a second in a fight against her mother! So then why, why did that harpy dare look at her with pity?! And she wasn't even the worst, her eyes lingered on the fellow who had given her unsollicted advice about her magic earlier, observing the mix of pity and irritation in his eyes. Who the hell did he think he was, she'd only need to say the word and Beck would incinerate the fool into an unrecognizable pile of ashes. She briefly considered doing it herself, spinning all her silver into a lance and skewering the man's heart.

Though she discarded the idea just as fast as she'd thought of it, she might succeed by virtue of surprise. And then what? She'd have ruined her mission for a tiny bit of satisfaction. Finally her eyes settled on Ymir answering her question with a resounding "No."

She approached the white-haired woman, ignoring the performance the feathered bard had started putting on. She stepped off her platforms onto the ground, turning the silver platforms into liquid with a twist of her finger and fashioning them into a shoulderguard and armored glove just as easily. "I was a fool for going after anyone other than the leader in the first place." She muttered.

To hell with it then. If playing on their emotions didn't work she would give it to Ymir straight. Well, as straight as she could without ruining her persona as Alyssa Eckhart. "I need you to tell me exactly how your group defeated the Lord of the Dead." She said, looking Ymir straight in the eye. "That bastard took everything from me and I won't rest until I drive my sword straight through that empty brain of his." She was calm, completely undisturbed even as she cursed Wyck's name, having discarded all the extreme emotions that were so unlike her. "Not just that bastard, I'll kill them all."

des8rg3-b1d17b96-8556-4686-b4c8-7b35c62f3f3a.png
Ymir
[Constitution: 100 -> 95]
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Megilagor Megilagor Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia RatKing RatKing Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread BFabulous BFabulous
The Wizard approached Ruvo with something to say, the small notes of fire making it clear what that was not long after. As Ruvo started up his melody, the words and sound of strings blending together in a mellow tune, the sounds around them faded somewhat. He was always good at atmospheric music, adding to the environment around them instead of trying to whisk the audience away. Maika seemed to be enjoying it. The sight of the merfolk with a smoking pipe was odd, though strangely fitting. The drone of bugs and gurgle of water blended together. Ymir hummed along, her free hand tapping against the gnarled trunk as she finished off her food.

Whatever Alyssa had been crying about was a touchy topic. Perhaps the polite thing would have been to ignore it. Ymir could only shrug at the short response, shoving the last of the rations into her mouth and dusting off her hands.

That was before Alyssa stopped in front of her, making it apparent she had more to say. Ymir met her stare with an even expression, paused in her chewing. The woman seemed ready to pick a fight. Ymir didn't think she'd been doing that badly as a leader, but perhaps Alyssa's standards were a little higher. A mutiny so early in the journey still wouldn't be great for group morale though-

"I need you to tell me exactly how your group defeated the Lord of the Dead."

Whatever Ymir expected to hear—it wasn't that. It took her a moment of stunned silence to place what Alyssa was talking about. She'd never fought the dead at Solmar, or anywhere else really. The moniker sounded vaguely familiar, but it wasn't until she recalled the ill-fated journey of the Isles that she gained a notion of what they were talking about.

"That bastard took everything from me and I won't rest until I drive my sword straight through that empty brain of his—not just that bastard, I'll kill them all."

That's nice. Good for you.

Ymir resumed her thoughtful chewing, swallowing the last of her food as she stood. She hadn't thought about the fight with Wyck for quite a while. Looking back at a time before two of her friends returned to their homeland and the rest of her guild scattered far and wide was bittersweet—she wasn't one for living in the past. Ymir's expression remained even as her wind magic swept around her, cooling the skin where it was able.

She couldn't discern Alyssa's expression. From her words, the woman was angry. The Lord of the Dead had slighted her in some respect and she wanted revenge. Enough so to hunt down groups she knew faced him in the past and question them in the middle of another journey. And yet—the dispassionate stare she faced didn't match the cold fury boiling in her words. Ymir's gaze drifted to Nanalee and Ruvo, recalling Alyssa's earlier interest in the two, wondering how much of their interactions had been for show.

After a suitably long pause Ymir returned her attention to Alyssa, eyes half-lidded as she regarded the woman. It wasn't often that her gut feelings about people turned out to be correct, but in this case she was rather certain.

"As much as I sympathize," she said slowly, hands burrowed in her pockets. "I think you may be worrying about the wrong expedition. We're at the marsh for a search and rescue operation. Not setting sail to exterminate pirates."

Perhaps it was a little too obtuse, Ymir mused. By her actions, Alyssa seemed to be there purely to gather information about a different issue, but she wasn't not going to help them finish the expedition—at least one would hope. "How about we finish this mission first," Ymir said, regarding her teammate with a measured look. "And afterwards we can trade tales."

Like how badly the elf was screwed if she wanted Wyck as an opponent, and how exactly she'd come across that information in the first place. If Alyssa possessed the type of strength capable of going up against the pirate lords, she wouldn't be slumming with third-rate adventurers like them (as far the Wayfarer Initiative considered anyway). Cutting her losses would be the smarter idea, but that wasn't the issue at hand. Ymir waved to Ruvo, giving him a thumbs up and horizontal motion. They couldn't stay long, as entertaining as it was to observe Wizard's accompanying spectacles.

"Break's over!" she cheerfully announced. She didn't feel quite as energetic as she sounded, but they couldn't afford to lose momentum here. "Keep an eye out from now on. We'll be entering an area with potential threats." At the hottest part of the day, with the Marsh growing increasingly dense, they would be starting to feel the fatigue. The layer of miasmic fog present atop the water wasn't reassuring, the croak of frogs growing almost as loud as the insects.

"Sorry Chiharu-" she said once the group was on the move. She had gotten sidetracked during their break at the clearing, glancing to the younger adventurer. "What were you saying?"

[Effect Active]
Constitution Drain: -5 Per Post​

Nanalee Imphon | Of Spiritual Snow
A curious explorer with a love for battle, adventure and power | #97C5F7

• full
[Constitution: 5-> 0]
After dealing with her little leech problem, Nanalee sat on her towering branch with Bal in her arms, musing as she idly watched the happennings of the group below. With the familiar tune of Ruvo's lute and faint wisps of smoke floating over from Maika's direction, Nanalee felt the atmosphere was quite harmonious for such a large group of strangers.

Idly noticing a familiar figure march straight towards Ymir with clear intention, Nanalee tilted her head to the side as she mused. She'd have to be blind and deaf after all to not have figured out Alyssa's purpose in joining the expedition by now. If she desired information so much on the Lord of the Dead, she'd leave what to reveal to Ymir. Again, Nanalee felt herself to be an outsider on that whole Sacred Isles trip, a mere witness with no real jurisdiction on the matter, hence it was best to leave it to their great expedition leader.

Still, to think that such vengeance hid beneath that expressionless face. Nanalee found herself looking forward to bonding with her fellow silver-haired wayfarer over the course of this expedition.

With a smile, she idly tossed the matter to the back of her mind, musing over the growing temperatures and the precariousness ahead before picking up her little ice bear. "Bal, it's time to return. Give Ael, Fie and that rascal my regards. I'll send one of them out to play next time." She hugged her adorable companion as the blue light faded from its eyes, letting the ice cool her body before it melted away.

Noticing Ymir's signal to Ruvo, the harpy couldn't help herself from gliding down to the bard's side as everyone prepared to march onward. "It was nice to hear your music again Ruvo. How have you been?" She beamed with curved eyes, feeling a little guilty for not being able to properly reunite with her old friend earlier because she wasn't feeling well. Just as she glomped Ymir earlier, she followed suit on Ruvo, wrapping him with her wings in a brief feathery hug. Perhaps it was a bit much to hug in this sweltering, humid environment, but it was her favourite way of showing affection. Fortunately the icy air from Bal still lingered on her arms, so hopefully the momentary hug wasn't too suffocating.

Trailing after Ruvo as the group arduously journeyed deeper into the marshland, her eyes faintly noticed his lute looked a little different from her memories. "Did you get a new lute?" She queried curiously, wondering if it had just been repaired/enhanced or if it was a new instrument altogether.

Ruvo Steelfeather
[Constitution 30 --> 25]

Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Sylph Sylph Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Taking notice of Ymir's signal, Ruvo simply nodded his head in response as he began closing out his performance slowly letting the magic he channeled into his instrument fade out. Taking a brief bow and giving The Wizard a thumbs up for his spectacle the bard readied himself for their continued trek further into the marshlands. "It was nice to hear your music again Ruvo. How have you been?" Nanalee questioned as she came in for a surprisingly chilly hug. "I have been good. Been keeping myself busy with carpentry and learning more about my magic... at least I was until Eiru had to travel back to their home" he trailed off afterwards for a moment muttering something about mages and tests. "Did you get a new lute?" the harpy asked changing the subject. "Oh! Yes, this is a new one" he lifted the instrument up so the harpy could get a better look at it. Upon a brief glance the instrument the bard carried may seem mundane, but those with sharper eyes or who knew what too look for could see subtle runic symbols carved into the wood. "Got it before the guild closed down. Made of some finer wood and has a minor enchantment on it to make it waterproof too" he said demonstrating the instrument's higher quality with a strum of the strings. "My old instrument is back at my home. Maybe one day I can find an artisan that can repair it. N-Not to say that this new one isn't great, Azalea did an amazing job getting what I asked for. It's just that it can't quite replicate the sound of the first one even if I tune it" he said. "But uh, how about you? How has your time away from the guild been?"

The Wizard
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars
Constitution: 30 > 25

The Wizard was pleased to see Alyssa finally lose her cool and attempt to extract information from Ymir in a more direct way. Presenting a front like she had a habit of falling apart like a house of cards once faced with significant opposition. Ruvo's little show was over on account of the group having to move on by order of their team leader, Ymir. The Wizard kept close to the others since he wanted to make sure the group would have all bases covered in the event of an attack. So far, he had only seen mildly annoying insects and dog sized lizards. The latter of which scurried away the moment it saw them. Pulling the brim of his hat over his eyes for a moment. The Wizard began pondering just what sort of dangerous creatures Ymir was worried about them running into. Given that they were currently in a swamp. He suspected Megagator at the very least. Milby and Leo had ALWAYS been very insistent that Megagator was real. The colossal alligator drake that dwelt within any and all swamps. He camouflaged himself as marsh covered logs before swallowing up whatever struck his fancy. Much like King Turkey, he was a legendary creature whose presence heralded much trouble. Moving up close to Alyssa since she looked like steam was about to start coming from her ears. The Wizard offered some words of wisdom. "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps" quoted the magus whilst taking a moment to enjoy the bit of red in Alyssa's angry face. As a Wizard, the Wizard was obviously very well read. After all, a Wizard is the crystallization of a mage studying and mastering the arcane.

Alyssa Enren
[Constitution: 20 > 15]
Mentions:
Sylph Sylph Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Alyssa barely held back a scoff, of course she knew what they were here for, when had she ever pretended otherwise. What, the woman in front of her couldn't talk about an old expedition while being on a new expedition?! Dogshit, she just didn't want to talk, everything about Ymir told Alyssa as much, from the way she burrowed her hands in her pockets to the way she looked at her. "I know what we are here for."

Ymir seemed to have gotten the impression she'd only joined this expedition to obtain information on the Lord of the Dead but in truth, Alyssa hadn't even known Ymir and the other two would be on this expedition until she'd arrived. "I just want infor-" Ymir didn't seem to listen, calling for the group to resume their march through the swamp. "Now hold on-"

Again, the woman did not listen, meeting back up with her earlier conversation partner as they resumed their treck across the swamp. Leaving Alyssa on her own. She stamped her right foot on the ground beneath her with considerable force, dissolving the silver glove and reforming her platforms as they started moving.

On the outside, Alyssa was calm as ever, but on the inside she was well and truly boiling with rage. How dare she?! How dare she blow her off like that?! Alyssa wasn't used to hearing no from anyone other than her mother and crew. Did this fool of a woman not realize who she was dealing with?! After a few minutes of silent anger Alyssa shook her head slowly, of course Ymir didn't know, she couldn't know, and it was for the better that she didn't. Perhaps Alyssa had overreacted a little. She was still getting that information at the end of this journey, whether Ymir wanted to give it to her or not, she would make sure of that, but she could wait.

Just when she'd calmed down a little a voice spoke up from beside her. "When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps" She froze up momentarily, this guy again? "You're right," She bit out. New action step one, slit this guy's throat. She clenched her fist, a steady stream of silver swirling around her arm into her fist, forming a small dagger concealed from view.

She did briefly actually consider plunging the dagger right between his ribs and kicking him into the swamp, throwing a spear after him for good measure. But, in the end, she decided her cover was more important after all. "Allow me to give you a piece of advice in return," She added, melting the dagger in her palm back down and throwing the liquid into the air, instructing the individual droplets to return to her shoulderguard. "Fools who don't know when to hold their tongue often end up losing it."

Chiharu Konoe
[Constitution: 20 > 15]

"You'd get along well with one of my old guildmates. He loved any excuse for a drink." Chiharu's red eyes lit up with excitement at the chance to meet another adventure who also enjoyed a good drink. She figured he probably had tasted more than his fair share of exotic alcohol, which meant that she could get a chance to taste them as well! Absolutely elated she went to take their break in a slightly shaded area to attempt the technique Ymir mentioned.

Chiharu had pulled her overcoat off to put down to protect herself from the bare ground until Ymir mentioned the leeches. For a second the young woman didn't consciously acknowledge what Ymir had mentioned the leeches, which caused Chiharu to pause on her way down,"Huh?Leeches?LEECHES!?!?" She flung her body all about in a fit of hysteria to check her body for leeches, but to the others, it may have looked like a clumsy buffoon tripping over their own coat. Chiharu was able to recompose herself after 30 seconds of freaking out and also discovering that she didn't have any leeches. Back to the image of grace and nobility, it was like she hadn't just rolled on the ground in fear.

Before Chiharu could focus on the technique attempt Alyssa barreled toward Ymir with questions about the Lord of the Dead, although Ruvo's music would've been perfect to assist with Chiharu attempting to engage with her attempt at Ymir's technique. The noble reacted with an obvious gasp of surprise at the mention of one of the infamous pirate lords. With her focus squarely on Ymir and Alyssa, Chiharu made no attempt to hide the fact that she was listening. Even pulling out a neatly wrapped sandwich to enjoy on their break.

"Not just that bastard, I'll kill them all."

Alyssa's words brought a couple of chuckles to Chiharu although she attempted to hide it behind her fan. Maybe it's the arrogance of Alyssa to think she could even touch a Pirate Lord or that the elf was having a hard time hiding her crumbling mask with her blank stare. Chiharu's cat eyes scanned the elf up & down.

A hot head! Not disturbed, but just another yarn ball unraveling...Hmm...if she wanted information, wouldn't have been better to feign interest in Ms. Ymir? Oh pooh, now I wanna know that story! Maybe I should watch her, we could be mutually beneficial for each other...

From behind the darkness-fashioned fan, a sly smile formed on Chiharu's face as she finished off her sandwich to get ready to move out. She thoroughly enjoyed their break's entertainment, the music, the dancing music notes of fire, and the drama, and although she wished for it to continue it was time to move out. Heeding Ymir warning, Chiharu put her overcoat back on to pull her sword & sheath from her sleeve, and as they began to move Ymir's attention was back on Chiharu,"Oh! We were talking about your friend who enjoys a good drink..but now I wonder if we have to be cautious of...hmm,"Glancing back at Alyssa, Chiharu sent a smirk her way,"Snakes?"

fR86gIF.png

Sally
Mentions: Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread , Sylph Sylph , BFabulous BFabulous
[Constitution 15 > 10]
“Thank you Maika, it should keep my fresh herb fresher for longer. Some of them would become poisonous if they aren’t fresh and we don't want that.”
Said Sally with a wide reptile smile on his which effectively made his eyelids almost close leaving only a little slit to look from, and yet as soon as he began stowing away the decay delayer his smile faded so he could see better.

After a not-so-long walk, the expedition came upon a clearing which was beautiful in its own right after all its Mother Nature's job so it must be beautiful.“Leeches?” Sally asked himself as he was rarely bitten by one but he checked anyways if any did indeed bite into him. Thankfully the only ones he saw on him were the regular ones and not the mana leeches.

So after plucking them out from himself Sally took a simple glance at them before popping them one by one into his mouth to eat, they weren’t delicious but what hunted must be eaten as Uncle Garic would say. Not wanting to possibly get the bites infected he took a bit of his dried herbs plucking them from his staff, and put them in his mouth to chew and make an impromptu paste to spread on the bites. While doing so he enjoyed Ruvo’s music it was almost as good as Aunty Nao’s songs but not quite there yet, but maybe it was just the nostalgia and melancholy speaking.

“Aye Aye Cap!” Replied loudly Sally to Ymir order to gather up, and as if filled with a need to explain himself he spoke once again.“What I always wanted to say that especially since I often heard my uncles often call my father Cap. And sure Ymir I will keep my eyes peeled.”

Sally happily followed the rest of the group this time much further into the front of the group, so he might have overheard a bit of Ymir’s and Chiharus's conversation and his curiosity would kill him if he didn’t but in.“What was that about snakes Chiharu?”Asked Sally with his eyes once again almost closed forming the natural look of a slit-eyed suspicious snake-like person.

"I know what we are here for." Back to navigating the sweltering marsh, Ymir could finally slow down enough to process what had happened back in the clearing. She almost wanted to turn around and ask Alyssa what the hell it had been about. Where she'd gotten that information from. What her connections were with the coast--and maybe if she knew anything about a certain noble family.

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." She turned to see Wizard had settled beside Alyssa, nodding his head with the air of a wizened sage. Ymir could almost imagine the raucous rat from the guild standing on his shoulder, shouting something about stabbing the goal for good measure. Though Alyssa seemed to be contemplating something similar already. Ymir stepped onto an adjacent branch, missing Alyssa's exact reply while she double checked the path would take them where she wanted it to. She made out something about fools losing their tongues, which seemed like a modest enough response.

"Oh! We were talking about your friend who enjoys a good drink." Chiharu's seemed as chipper as before, nothing amiss in her gait except- Ymir paused as she noticed a sheathed blade. She hadn't seen Chiharu draw it. "But now I wonder if we have to be cautious of... hmm-" Chiharu's eyes smiled behind their fan of smoke and shadows, glancing over their shoulder. "-snakes?"

"..." Ymir frowned, not quite able to put her finger on something. This was the same girl that screeched off a branch at the mention of leeches. She seemed far too happy about the idea of snakes. "They're... pretty common in the tropics," Ymir ventured. "Though on the less aggressive end of swamp things. I wouldn't worry too much."

“What was that about snakes, Chiharu?” Ymir turned to see Sally had caught up with them. He had been almost sheepish earlier when they left, speaking like a sailor. Yet the serpentine smile he fixed Chiharu with now was... Ymir wondered if it was usual, given his features. Her eyes glowed out of a habitual instinct as she turned to the path ahead. She couldn't be sure, but it seemed like the journey might be beginning to wear their patience thin.

Herself included. Something she might have picked up before, took until they were almost too late for her to realise. It was the smallest of movements in her outer focus. A shiver like a scuttle that ran up her spine. Her feet drew to a halt, the yellow in her gaze sharpening to a ringed glow as she reached for the unadorned staff on her back.

It hung above them, wrapped around a hanging branch several metres above. It's thin body held very still, clawed legs sunk into the wood of its foothold. They weren't in an advantageous position. The water beneath them was deep; the branch they stood on barely wide enough for two.

"Anyone who doesn't feel like fighting, fall back now." Her head tilted upwards, indicating where they should look. Observing them with murky eyes from above, the creature coiled with seeming anticipation.

0c0e853bf734bb8913f7c1e426515699.jpg
??????
Strength: ???
Magic: ???
Agility: ???
Dexterity: ???
Constitution: ???
Fortitude: ???

Vyilkihild
1690325683604.png
[Constitution 10 > 5]

Oh. Well tell you what, if it’s easier for you to remember me by that nickname then it’s alright if you use it for now” 'Taalkavis' has answered in response to her sudden nickname in order to cover up unknowingness of his actual name. She was rather relieved that there was no inconvenience or issue caused by something he wouldn't understand, or it would be even more awkward if somehow she encountered a sole individual who somehow did understand what it actually meant. She patiently let him explain himself out to her question, holding interest even if she didn't understand the little things of being a bard.
Yes, I am a bard. Though I wouldn't say Wizard and I are too alike because of that. I mean... I perform with my instrument sure but I don't make a big show of it". She took note of what felt like him being rather selfless and humble, although sounding like he was willing to sell out the not-so-similar traits of a companion he has seemingly spent much time with.
"Don't get me wrong though, I am a fond of fancier clothes, well preened feathers, and a nice applause but I’m not a fan of charming people or always being the center of attention either” he continued.
I prefer sitting in a tavern and playing my music or telling stories of adventures to those who would gather and listen. I guess I'm okay with not always standing out in a spectacular fashion you know?". Vyilkihild could fully understand the intention of where he was coming from. Everyone would always take being the famed hero rather than the one who stands willing to spread the tale of their glory, being the face told in the story rather than the face who tells it. Albeit, some of his great stories probably included the many exploits he was apart of since the little swamp venture wasn't his first, and any little achievements for the good of others was just as good as any hero in her books.
"Well, I at least thank you for your kind words you offer, from coming down from my home in the north I've had a lot of experience of standing out whether or not I'm assisting people on my way. I want to make my family and people proud, but I would truly enjoy the peace of being surrounded by people willing to listen to any tales I have to spare for them. Such stories do warm the hearts of many, and is a noble thing even if you may not be part of the story you have to tell" Vyilkihild smiled softly as she allowed Ruvo to give his time tending to his bard things and playing for the group as they made their way through the swamp.
With everyone else mingling amongst eachother and talking about whatever was on their minds left Vyilki with time to think about her own matters and to try and keep tabs on what she knew so far about the people within her presence. Her focus was only really brought back to what the others were doing whenever she was so bizarrely confused on the social interactions of other people.
"Oh, that poor girl, although I don't think it's bad that she's willing to express how she feels to people she may not be well acquainted with... " Vyilki mumbled to herself, unsure whether or not she should step in to comfort what she thought was a broken soul who was being attended by the less-bird bird-person. "Maybe I feel partly like that, but I should hold my own mind strong for- " she hesitated, trying to encourage herself that she was going to be completely fine on any troubles that came on her way from her first adventure only to see that Alyssa's distraught expression was already over. "I... guess, people here get over things really fast? Maybe ocean people are a little messed up from living on a really big lake..." Vyilki mumbled to herself. Such crocodile tears and acting efforts were not really a thing her people did since such social tactics were either beneath or above them depending on the outlook.
Broken from her thoughts, she briefly gave a look up when Ymir called for anyone unfit for fighting to step behind. Whatever the weird insectoid creature was wasn't of anything she'd had much experience dealing with in her own time, wondering how hard it would be to crush a bug of such a size although it probably wouldn't take so sitting still.
"I have no understanding of any creatures or dangers like this or what to expect, but I am willing to take any pain and weight from your shoulders if your own capability will suffice here when unhindered" Vyilkihild offered. She didn't entirely know what it was, nor did she even have a weapon on hand, but she was still willing to stare potential death in the eyes if it was what was asked of her.​

Maika

Maika calmly watched people's shenanigans with each other from her seat next to the fire pit. There's the wizard and the bard doing some performances to lift everyone spirit, which she appreciates, the bard from her last crew barely able to play his instrument properly. There's also something happening between Ymir and Alyssa, Alyssa's expression didn't change but the merfolk could spot her behavior changed. She's irritated. Still, whatever the cause was, it's none of her business.

After the break was over they resumed their journey, though it wasn't long before they encounter their first adversaries. Maika winced when she looks at the creature, she wasn't a fan of myriapods, but the prospect of getting another variant of swamp toxin did caught her interest. She raised her eyebrows when Vyilkihild said something about not knowing what the creature was. So there's no centipede from where she came? interesting.

"It's a centipede, a monstrous version of one at least." Maika gave a brief explanation to the tall woman. "It's a predator with many legs and exoskeleton with similar properties to many insect creatures. It is venomous so please be careful with it."

Maika then backed away from the creature. She would simply become a liability if she got caught by it so she let the other handle the monster. Though she still raised her spear in anticipation, just in case it lunges at her.

"Ah, one more. They usually relies on their antennaes as their main sensory organ." She added, putting both of her hands next to her head with the index fingers extended to imitate the antennaes and its position.

Constitution: 0 -> -5

Sylph Sylph Femboy Femboy Key of Stars Key of Stars Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Megilagor Megilagor SilverFeathers SilverFeathers RatKing RatKing BFabulous BFabulous

• full
[Constitution: 0 -> -5]
"I'm not well-versed in this kind of thing, but I'm glad you got an upgrade!" Nanalee beamed a little tiredly whilst wiping away the sweat on her forehead. She couldn't really tell the difference between the new lute and his old one, apart from the strange symbols on the side of this new instrument, but she was glad to hear that this one at least couldn't be waterlogged. "I'm sorry about what happened to your old one. That whole event was pretty sudden wasn't it?" She pondered out loud thoughtfully, thinking back to Odyssey and the sudden flooding of the temple. That goddess really could've at least given them a warning.

Shaking those past recollections away, she looked back at her feathery friend. "But carpentry huh? I didn't know you had that hobby." She mentioned idly, pondering how to talk about what she's been up to. "Hm, I've been well. It was nice to see my family again, back in Aestir. My brother's even more famous than he was before I left! Guess we're truly a part of the nouveau riche now." She smiled wistfully, with a bit of an unclear tone towards the end of her speech. "Thinking of Aestir makes the current heat more unbearable though." Diverting the subject slightly, she smiled once more before focusing her attention on the path forward, occasionally fanning her feathers in an effort to stay cool.

---

"What an interesting fellow. It's colours and tendrils make me think of a sea creature." She eyed the monstrous centipede with pure curiosity, staring straight at the still-as-a-statue creature with her mismatched eyes unblinking. It took her a bit to process Maika's words, but she nodded with gratitude after a few moments, backing away with her whilst positioning herself a bit like her bodyguard. "Gotta protect the doctor." Nanalee mumbled to herself, perching herself on a gangly but sturdy old branch a short distance above and in front of Maika. Though she partly wanted to focus on protecting their weaker members, she also partially wanted to conserve her strength due to the heat, as well as see what the capabilities of her new travel companions were like. Though she felt challenged, considering her domain was the sky and that guy was acting like a silent predator above their heads, she had enough reasons to hold back her itch for battle, this time round at least.

Alyssa EnrenAlyssa Enren.jpg
[Constitution: 15 > 10]
Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
"There is not a single sea creature quite this revolting, creatures of the land are truly the worst." She muttered in response to Nanalee, not so subtly glancing at the Wizard as she spoke those final words. Still, she was grinning, finally something she could actually stab without blowing her cover. Fall back? The idea alone was laughable. She was going to make the most of the punching bag that the gods had decided to bestow upon her.

She thoughts on it for a moment, with the amount of silver that went into the platforms beneath her feet she didn't have enough to create either her usual spear or longsword. Well, that was fine, she had more than an entire army's arsenal worth of weapon she could create. She settled on a short sword, holding out her palm and pouring every bit of her silver that wasn't necessary for the platforms into it until her fingers clenched around the hilt of the weapon.

Strike first, strike fast, that was what Foren had taught her, granted the man was a little crazy and blood thirsty, but it was solid advice nonetheless. If no one else was going to take the lead, she would do it. Moving up or down with her platforms required a fair amount of focus, and this environment wasn't doing wonders in that regard, but she could do it. She swiftly ascended, alternating her platforms like a staircase until she was within reach of the creature.

She slashed at the creature, using her magic to generate the actual force behind her strike, only using her muscles to guide the weapon along the right path with just that extra bit of precision. The slash left little more than a shallow cut and Alyssa immediately dropped down from her platforms to avoid any potential counter attack, landing back on them a few metres down, the creature just barely in range of her magic.

"Tsk," Alyssa clicked her tongue, if slashing wasn't effective she would try something else. She lightly tossed the sword up in the air in front of her, quickly rewriting its form to that of a rather large twisted needle, launching the weapon at the creature with considerable force with a subtle flick of her fingers.

The Wizard
Constitution: 25 > 20

Alyssa seemed to take his advice as some sort of affront to her very being. The Wizard was a bit confused by this but decided that simply telling her things would not seem to get through to her in the long run. She seemed a lot less modest now, which appeared to be far closer to her true self. As someone who gave themselves unto their goal wholeheartedly. The Wizard could understand her plight somewhat. She sought answers that required her to act like some kind of Crybaby like Cylia Hower. These actions weren't how The Wizard would handle things but that was likely due to a difference in personality. The trek took them across some uneven surfaces which put them in the territory of getting attacked by Megagator. Unfortunately they hadn't erected the proper Anti-Megagator defense circle that he'd been told about by Milby and Leo. According to them, the perfect circle was so intimidating to large reptiles that they couldn't approach without suffering from an internal crisis. The sound of clicking mandibles filled The Wizards ears, his attention turning to the threat facing their group.

A massive centipede creature stood in their way. Such a creature was likely both poisonous and unpredictable. He noticed Vykili and Maika frightened by the beast. Nanalee was attempting to protect Maika since the medic dying would adversely affect their quest. Ymir had ordered the fighters of the group to engage the centipede. The Wizard watched Alyssa utilize her silver based magic in order to deal precision blows reminiscent of an assassin. She even made platforms in order to gain height to better target specific points on the creature. No doubt she had experience in handling monsters if not insect types such as this. The Wizard had to applaud her for this. He too would have to make his move considering Ymir was most definitely devising a cunning tactic so they could overcome this. Right now he could buy her some time in order to properly formulate a plan. Running towards the centipede monster in the most wizardly of ways, he began his own assault.

First off he created an ice spire beneath him to launch him skyward. Such an act afforded him to chance to backflip in the air and begin tumbling towards the ground. This wasn't recklessness on his part. The Wizard had intentionally done so in order to get into the best kind of position for what he wanted. "Let these burning barbs pierce thine carapace" uttered the mage, throwing the spear at the centipede. As the weapon neared the colossal bug with increasing speed. The spear burst into flames, the shaft beginning to burn up. Watching as the centipede moved its head out of the way to avoid the flaming projectile. The Wizard heard the confirmation of his attack as the beast screeched in pain as its rear end was not only pierced by a barbed spear but began to burn its insides with scorching fire. Rapidly approaching the ground since tossing oneself into the air without flight had low chances of survival. A chunk of ice the size of the Wizard was used as a makeshift snowboard to grind on some rocks he covered in frost. Landing safely next to Ymir and melting the ice with a wave of his hand. The Wizard turned to their fearless leader in order to hear her totally worthwhile plan.

Sally
Salizar.png

Mentions:
[Constitution 10, Magic 25 > 20]​

"Anyone who doesn't feel like fighting, fall back now."
Sally knew he wasn't much of a fighter but he refused to fall back or advance so he stayed in the middle of the formation to provide as much support as he could whatever it was via words or his magic.
"I wouldn't recommend angering it since they can communicate with pheromones..... And you've angered it. Why do I even bother."
Said Sally as he closed his eyes and he began concentrating on his magic and the natural flow of mana within the plants.
It didn't take long for him to synchronize his mana with one of the plants around him, but he focused on the tree and its vines upon which the centipede resided. His plan of attack was two-fold, first, he controlled the vines so that they creep onto the centipede and tie at least some of its legs together to restrict its movement while, he used the surrounding younger more malleable branches to produce thorns on them and use them as whips to target the links between their chitin armor. It wasn't doing much but at least it was doing something and grabbing a bit of its attention away from the previous attackers.

One could easily see that Sally was concentrated on his magic, plant magic wasn't as easy as it looked or sounded, after all even plants have a life and a soul so to speak and what he was doing was overwriting their natural will to do his bidding, if one was to use similar magic on a human he would be called a heretic, and yet it was perfectly normal for a druid to use such magic on plants, that's why Sally synchronizes with the flora when he does so to keep the changes as minimal as possible. So the natural order of things would not be broken.

"I'll try to hold it off for as long as I can, just try to get it quick, controlling plants to do something continuously tires me out as I need to concentrate and synchronize with the plants, and I don't have great synchronization with the local flora. Although if you leave the corpse mostly intact I might be able to get us a way of travel for some time. With the emphasis on might, although I know it works on smaller beings."

0c0e853bf734bb8913f7c1e426515699.jpg
Megapede (Myriapoda Scolopendra)
Strength: 100
Magic: ???
Agility: 100 > 50
Dexterity: ???
Constitution: 100
Fortitude: ???
Notes:
- Ranged toxin attack
- Deceptively fast
- Plated carapace difficult to pierce

The mandibles of the creature were the only part to move as it evaluated its horde of prey below. It's body chittered and rattled with coiling anticipation. Such targets were ambitious for a creature of its size. Large and many. But soft outside. No armour. Likely to scatter upon attack. All it needed was one to remain in order to feast...

One of the prey jumped upwards, a small claw in its hand. Unusual. The scolopede's head reared up, momentarily surprised. Its head fell back and curved around the trunk, legs keeping it securely attached to its foothold as it snaked around the branch with uncanny deftness. The prey tried to swipe it it with its small claw. In response, the end of the scolopede's body swung out like a mace, retaliating with considerable force as the prey fell back from the air.

A second prey launched itself upwards soon after, but the creature anticipated it this time. Serrated mandibles opened sideways, and it spat an acidic spray of toxins towards the assailant.

This prey reacted swiftly, with fiery vengeance. It launched its own burning projectile at the creature, who reared back in momentary alarm and surprise--though not for long. It circled back around the branch and the projectile glanced harmlessly off the heavier plates at the back of the creature, thrown with not nearly enough force to pierce the carapace.

An intimidation tactic. The creature chittered, its body parts rattling together in a mocking sneer as the second prey fell towards the water. Its attention turned towards those of the pack that had begun to retreat. Weaker ones. The easy targets-

Something began to wrap around its legs. The creature hissed in annoyance, tearing its feet free of the flimsy vines with destructive ease, but between that and the flaming attack, it was thoroughly distracted. A nailboard howl tore through the air as horrible pain pierced one of the scolopede's middle sections.

The group divided neatly into three segments, Ymir noted, keeping her feet firmly planted in the middle. She was flanked by Vyikihild and Sally's words of support. Sally in particular had something of interest, though the presence of Vyikihild's shadow was a reassurance against the creature they faced.

Maika and Nanalee fell back. Ymir had to give the harpy credit for that--she was more strategic than the impression she gave, whether that was innate or gained through experience. It probably went against her instincts to guard the rear over launching the first attack. Harpies had a very successful history of using preemptive strikes to their advantage. It was responsible for more than a few of Ymir's scars.

Their vanguard were... efficient, to say the least, completely disregarding Maika's warning about the poison. Alyssa and Wizard seemed to be in a race to see who could injure themselves first with how recklessly they launched into range of the insectoid monster. It was faster and stronger than it looked at first glance, winding around the branches with snake-like ease and spitting a foul looking liquid at Wizard when he drew too close. Alyssa finally landed a hit with her ranged attack, managing to slice between a gap in the creature's underbelly while it was distracted.

Wizard meanwhile maneuvered himself to land near their middle guard, turning to face Ymir with an expectant look. She couldn't figure what it meant, other than to suggest he was waiting on her orders. Which was absurd. They'd been doing just fine without any of her input--she wasn't a combatant in the first place, just a warning sign for what was ahead.

...not that it meant she didn't have ideas. She just didn't figure why the prideful Wizard of all people was waiting to hear them.

"Sally, can you manage to connect a vine from here to those wrapped around the creature?" she said eventually. Alyssa's attack seemed to have damaged whatever nerves connected the creature's front half to the back of its body and it was moving slowly enough now that Sally's vines could get a foothold, even if it could still be a threat at short range. "Wizard should be able to use that as a tether to freeze the plants around it." Alyssa and anyone else capable of ranged attacks could probably take care of things from there.

Ruvo Steelfeather
[Constitution 25 --> 20]
Ruvo listened intently as Nanalee explained their trip back home in Aestir to visit family and that her brother was even more famous than ever now. "Brother?" he thought to himself as he cocked his head quizzically. He had no idea that Nanalee's family or at least their sibling had fame to their name. Though it seemed that the harpie wasn't quite looking to say much more about it just yet as they were quick to change subject to the intense humidity. It was true that the heat was quite uncomfortable, but for someone accustomed to ice cold temperatures it seemed to be really taking its toll.

𝄞-----------------------------♪

Suddenly their march deeper into the marsh was halted when Ymir called the group's attention to a giant scolopede coiled around the branches of a tree ready to strike at the expedition team below. Quick to act it would be they who would strike first. Alyssa with swift slashes of silver, Wizard with a dramatic demonstration of fire and ice, and Sally with creeping grasping vines. Unfortunately, it seemed the insect was far more resilient and nimble than they gave it credit for as it easily shrugged off the assault while retaliating with a foul smelling spit which if Maika was correct would likely be toxic. Luckily, their effort wasn't in vain as within the chaos a singular strike from a silvery needle fired off by Alyssa managed to pierce their foe causing it to thrash about in pain. Considering they had all only met earlier that day it was impressive how well the three were able to keep up the pressure without getting in each other's way. Now with some instruction from Ymir an attempt would be made to combine their efforts to create an opportunity to land a series of decisive blows.

While he had undergone some weapon training so that he didn't have to always rely on others to protect him from danger, it seemed that with their numbers it wouldn't be necessary for him join in the fray. Even still, Ruvo readied his instrument to release a burst of thunderous sound upon the insect if it somehow slipped past the frontline offensive and tried to make it's way to those positioned in the back. He wasn't sure how effective it would be, but from what he had seen from the insect's resilience he doubt he could outdo Alyssa's attempt to slice the creature with something as mundane as the large knife he had picked up after the job he took in Sigmar nor could he output something as intense as the Wizard's fiery attack with a burst of wind from his air affinity.

Sally
Salizar.png

Mentions:
[Constitution 10, Magic 20 > 15]
Sally was astonished at the creature, for it was the first time for him to see one of this size, but it was not the time for being a kid, it was a time to man up and fight. With the leader's suggestion in mind as well as the fact it would need to be done better than before if they wanted it to last long enough for whatever wizard was going to do he got to work.
"Sure I can connect them but I don't know how long they will last on him, but I could channel more mana into it and weave it, so don't mind my next words it just helps me concentrate on the weave."
Upon saying those words Sally closed his eyes and spread his arms wide circulating his mana with the earth and local plants, syncing his breath with their pulse, upon reaching synchronization Sally began to release a bit of mana with every word he spoke, each word was like a command to his mana which weaved and shaped the outcome of his magic.
"By leaves and vines, entwined and true, in nature's grasp, I weave for you. A web of life, both strong and fine, To bind your fate with earth's design."
Nature answered his call, vines sprouted out and bound by his will began to twist, stretch, and bend to his design, while slow at first it gradually snowballed in the speed of its actions as Sally poured more of his mana per word spoken to quicken its effect.
"From soil to stem, from root to leaf. This magic weaves its web, no grief, with spider's grace and plant's embrace, ensnare the target. Let tendrils wrap, in nature's dance their will is bound."
Ever so picking up speed the vines traveled to reach their target weaving themselves as if a spider web to get to the Megapede creeping up around it to not give it time to react when it struck. When the vines reached ever so closer to the enemy they lunged at the remains of the old restraints and bound themselves around it, while those that did not meet their marks bound themselves around other vines to strengthen their pull against the Megapede.
Now with vines embracing it as if it was in a lackluster spider's web, it was stuck, sure it could get out but this time it would have to work for it, as now many different vines were bound round it pulling at each other.

[Constitution: 10 > 5]
Mentions:
Sylph Sylph Megilagor Megilagor Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia
It wasn't that Alyssa didn't take orders, in fact, she'd been following orders in most of the fights she'd been in in her life. Even so, something about this plan rubbed her the wrong way, not necessarily the person who had thought of the plan. Ymir might be less powerful than the people she normally took orders from but the seasoned adventurer had enough authority to be taken seriously. No, rather, it was the inclusion of that bumbling, self-absorbed, ice and fire wielding fool that annoyed her.

Her weapon had hit its mark before and she could make it do so again, she didn't need help for that, especially not his. So, she quickly hopped back into range of the silver needle she'd launched at the creature using her platforms and retrieved the silver, waving it sideways to clean off the blood tarnishing the otherwise reflective surface.

She nimbly leapt off of the platforms under her feet as Sally started his chanting, landing smoothly on the narrow pathway provided by the roots. "Here we go." She mumbled, moving her fingers in a circular motion until both her platforms and the needle were floating at her eye level. She extended her fingers all the way before clenching her hand into a fist, bringing all her silver together into a single big clump in front of her.

Then, mostly using her mind but using gestures as visual guides to aid her imagination, she turned the clump into a long circular cylinder before refining it into a barbed spear, using all the silver she obtained from thinning out the cylinder into a spearhead at the front to create a thin silver wire connected to the end of the weapon. Just as Sally finished his chant she had finished her weapon creation, holding on to the sizeable barbed spear, the wire wrapped around her arm in several loops.

"Incoming!" A single warning was all Alyssa offered before bringing back her arm, using the movement of her throw to guide the projectile while using her magic to provide the actual force. The weapon hit its target with pinpoint accuracy but that wasn't enough. Alyssa grabbed the wire off her arm with her free hand, using her magic on the part of the wire in her range to pull the weapon back, the barbs causing considerable damage on the way out.

"Let's see how long it will take before you give up." She remarked coldly, pulling her arm back once again and launching the projectile towards the creature.

The Wizard
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Megilagor Megilagor Key of Stars Key of Stars
Constitution: 20 > 15

The Wizard heeded the instructions of their group leader for this excursion and awaited the actions of Sally to ensnare the Megapede. Noticing vines wrapping around the beasts many legs. All it took was a simple hand on the roots to flash freeze the vines to keep the creature in check. Swamps by nature are humid environments with large amounts of combustible gases floating about in the air. Generating frost was slightly harder in this sort of place due to the humidity. Luckily the Wizard had a fair enough understanding of swamps after reading up on them beforehand. The Wizard wasn't dumb enough to think something as simple as this ice trap would hold such a foe forever. He then noticed the reemergence of Alyssa, the pirate girl as her acrobatic maneuver which gave him a good view of her assets from his position led to her piercing the creature. Once again he noted the slow activation of her magic circuits in order to trigger her magic. The Wizard was once again ignored simply because he did away with such unnecessaries as small talk. However he noticed the beast still had traces of life inside of it. Milby once referred to this as the Double-Tap if he was remembering it correctly. Apparently the term applied mostly to undead but bugs were eerie enough to warrant such methods.

"Gold Rank Eiru at the guild once spoke of a barbed spear crafted from the bones of a sea monster... you must have seen the monster" was all the Wizard said while watching the writhing creature. The witch had briefly spoken of the weapon before leaving the Wizard and Milby hanging to go on a quest. Luckily the Guildmaster had been kind enough to explain things despite not speaking people languages. Fond memories such as these were not at all preventing him from focusing on the matter at hand. The Wizard had actually just remembered a useful spell not that their little insectoid friend was looking like it wanting to bolt away. Adrenaline was a hell of a drug and The Wizard didn't want to take any chances it broke its icy bonds. His hand turning into a clockwise circle before clenching into a fist. "Kazikli Bey" whispered the magus, his mind recalling a tome he once read of a vampire warlord fond of impaling people on iron stakes. The icicle stakes set to pierce and pin the Megapede in place for Alyssa's attack were based on these tales of terror.

• full
[Constitution: -5 -> -10]

Alyssa's small comment on the creatures of land and sea in response to her mumbling caught her ears. "You think so?" Nanalee pondered thoughtfully, swinging her legs idly atop her perch. "I wouldn't be so quick to assume." She cocked her head to the side, smiling in finality, as fleeting images of those bloody underwater sights back from Siren's Watch momentarily crossed her mind.

Colourful flashes of steel, fire, ice and nature flew by the harpy's eyes as she watched her companions rise up together, most notably the silver-haired elf, the green-haired human and their serpentine herbalist. The pair of frontal attackers especially co-ordinated well, laying on attack after attack without saying a word or accidentally interfering with each other. It was somewhat magical, making her wonder if they'd teamed up somewhere before. Although from words said prior, it really didn't seem like Alyssa was too fond of the Wizard.

Pondering idly to herself, her attention slowly turned to the most stand-out figure amidst the battle, especially as the megapede's carapace was cracked and the woman that caused its wound immediately began crafting another cruel weapon. "Hey, Alyssa, where'd you learn to fight?" Her curiosity piqued by the elf's combat means and inventions, the harpy suddenly voiced a question, one so idle and innocently curious it could make one momentarily forget they were in battle at all. Even amidst combat, Nanalee thought her fellow silver-haired companion was handling things efficiently enough to maybe humour her question. If not, that was also fine, she'd simply pester her later.

She breathed a sigh of relief as the monstrous creature gave its final death throes. The ice and vines wrapped around it stopped it from immediately plummeting into the waters below, allowing certain members of the group to dissect it as needed.

[All Characters: +20 points]
  • Chitin Plates [damaged]
  • Insect Meat
  • Megapede Toxins
  • 2x Serrated Mandibles

Ymir looked thoughtful as everyone regrouped, shifting on her feet and ready to leave before something else was drawn to their location by the scent of fresh meat. "You have an interesting way of channeling your magic," she remarked to Sally, though she didn't expand further. She'd never quite understood how people found reciting verses to help channel their abilities, aside from the more obvious cases of bards. Even Wizard seemed to do it. Maybe there was a secret she was missing out on.

She was happy to wait for certain members of their group to collect materials or recover some stamina, but it was obvious in her urgent demeanor she wanted to move on quickly.

[Constitution: 25 > 20]

Mentions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Of course that bumbling fool had something to say about her weapon, and of course he had to jump in to a fight she was already winning. Well, at least he didn't actively get in the way, leaving her more than enough room to continue her relentless assault on the hideous creature.

She sighed, pulling her weapon back a final time and cleaning it off with a few waves of her fingers. Happy to have gotten to vent her frustration, at least a little. She'd registered Nanalee's question during the fight, choosing to push it off until after. Not because she was too busy fighting to answer, but rather because she had to think of a believable lie. She could, of course, ignore the question completely. But with at least half the group already not liking her much, she felt it would be better to at least keep someone on her side, if even a little.

"Where I learned to fight?" She repeated, holding her hair up in a ponytail and instructing a part of her silver to wrap around it in a small band, instructing all her other silver to return to its original place. Well, from the strongest pirate on the seas and her four most trusted companions, that was the truth, but of course she couldn't say that. "Before..." She trailed off. "Before the lord of the dead ruined, well, everything, my father's estate used to employ four knights. All of them were great people."

Not all of that was a lie. Well, except her father was very much alive, living a quiet peaceful life somewhere in a small village. And while those four knights were based on her shipmates, they also obviously didn't actually exist. "They taught me a lot about life and fighting. Helped me come up with my combat style and the way I shape my weapons. Well, them, and my dad, of course." She concluded, figuring that was a fine way to answer the question for now. "Also, it is fairly unlike me to ask but... Are you alright? You look rather tired."

Ruvo Steelfeather
[Constitution 20 --> 15]​

In an impressive display of teamwork, the monstrous insect found itself swiftly restrained by a combination of vines and ice before meeting its demise from a well placed silvery spear. If he hadn't known that the three met for the first time today he could have easily believed they had prior history working together given what he saw. Though he did take notice of Wizard’s little comment regarding a spear and sea monster. He wasn’t sure what Eiru was gossiping about in the past, but he didn’t need a reminder about what transpired on that expedition. "Good teamwork guys" he said complimenting the three as he lowered his instrument now a tad more relaxed with the immediate danger gone. "You three made short work of that thing with Ymir's plan".

Speaking of their leader, it was clear to him from her body language that they wanted to get a move on sooner rather than later which was probably for the best. The humidity was really starting to become unbearable and the longer they stayed the more likely something could be attracted to the giant bug they just took down. "I would say we should probably keep moving but..." he paused for a moment as he looked over the group stopping at Maika and Nanalee who appeared to be particularly worn out. "Maybe a quick breather and water will do some of us a bit of good" he suggested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back