Newb Alert, Help wanted

Hiya' Jay, welcome to the site!

First off, I would take a look at the site rules if you haven't already. It's not that you've done anything wrong, but a few people tend to over look this and end up getting in trouble.
Secondly, do you have any specific questions? I'm not a staff member, but I'll help out the best I can.

You'll find that the site is sectioned off to different areas.
Community is where we are now, introductions, but it also includes:
  • Site Questions & Information: Here you can ask for help, look for information on a subject, make a suggestion for the site, or report a bug.
    • News & Updates: Well, this is a bit obvious. any updates or news on the site is kept here.
    • Tutorials: Here you can find tutorials for the site and how they function! You'll also find that roleplay or character advice is divulged here that could help with improving your writing, or at least your perspective on it.
  • Support: This is a pretty important area. Here, you can create threads to contact the staff with help on issues if they can't be resolved by normal means.
  • My Private Workshop: This area is all yours with exception of the staff, they are the only ones that can see what you post here besides yourself. You can do just about anything there as long as it abides by site rules.
  • BBcode Center: Here you can learn about, store, showcase, and create bbcodes. It's a pretty neat addition to the site from my point of view. Just make sure if you use someone else's bbcode that they've been labeled as "freebies" or "free for all", or else you might be stealing someone's hard work.
Discussion is just that, discussions. Each area is sectioned off in order to keep it a bit organized. Most of these are self explanatory. We have General discussion which contains Personal discussion and Forum Games. Discussion also holds Video Game discussion, Anime & Manga discussion, Roleplay discussion & Advice which is pretty useful most of the time, and the Creativity section where you can showcase, request, commission, and write art/prose.

Looking for players Is the area where people go to recruit other writers.
  1. Looking for partners: This is where you would go if you're looking for a partner for a 1x1 with a partner search thread, or where you would post an interest check for a certain idea or genre you want to play in.
  2. Looking for group: All the group roleplay interest checks go here.

Roleplays area contains several sections and is where most of the action goes down on RPN.
  • 1x1s: This is the section where roleplays that are generally between only two writers are held. They come with the usual genres of the site inside: fantasy, fandom, realistic/modern, and futuristic.
  • Fantasy, Futuristic, Realistic/Modern, Fandom, Nation Building, and The Colosseum, are all group roleplay areas in their own right. Though, I don't know much about the Nation Building and The Colosseum areas of the site, there should be a pinned thread within both that could better explain them.
  • The Quest log is a bit different as it takes after choice games and stories. Typically only featuring one writer among readers who help make the choices of the character or situation at hand. They can be held in other ways, however.
  • Old Hosted Projects: HPs were a feature on the previous site layout that many people used as a well organized and sometimes private group roleplaying format. I'm not sure if they are still available to be created; however, a few of them are still alive and kicking.
Random media is just random pictures other users have posted to their galleries. You can post your own media and create private albums as long as nothing you post here is against site rules.

lol its the only thing i can put up on my pc! i dont download pics that often
Hahaha.
Oh boy. That's... I don't have anything to say about that. lmao. I can't wait until I can PM you xD. I'll look around at the forums.

Hiya' Jay, welcome to the site!

First off, I would take a look at the site rules if you haven't already. It's not that you've done anything wrong, but a few people tend to over look this and end up getting in trouble.
Secondly, do you have any specific questions? I'm not a staff member, but I'll help out the best I can.

You'll find that the site is sectioned off to different areas.
Community is where we are now, introductions, but it also includes:
  • Site Questions & Information: Here you can ask for help, look for information on a subject, make a suggestion for the site, or report a bug.
    • News & Updates: Well, this is a bit obvious. any updates or news on the site is kept here.
    • Tutorials: Here you can find tutorials for the site and how they function! You'll also find that roleplay or character advice is divulged here that could help with improving your writing, or at least your perspective on it.
  • Support: This is a pretty important area. Here, you can create threads to contact the staff with help on issues if they can't be resolved by normal means.
  • My Private Workshop: This area is all yours with exception of the staff, they are the only ones that can see what you post here besides yourself. You can do just about anything there as long as it abides by site rules.
  • BBcode Center: Here you can learn about, store, showcase, and create bbcodes. It's a pretty neat addition to the site from my point of view. Just make sure if you use someone else's bbcode that they've been labeled as "freebies" or "free for all", or else you might be stealing someone's hard work.
Discussion is just that, discussions. Each area is sectioned off in order to keep it a bit organized. Most of these are self explanatory. We have General discussion which contains Personal discussion and Forum Games. Discussion also holds Video Game discussion, Anime & Manga discussion, Roleplay discussion & Advice which is pretty useful most of the time, and the Creativity section where you can showcase, request, commission, and write art/prose.

Looking for players Is the area where people go to recruit other writers.
  1. Looking for partners: This is where you would go if you're looking for a partner for a 1x1 with a partner search thread, or where you would post an interest check for a certain idea or genre you want to play in.
  2. Looking for group: All the group roleplay interest checks go here.

Roleplays area contains several sections and is where most of the action goes down on RPN.
  • 1x1s: This is the section where roleplays that are generally between only two writers are held. They come with the usual genres of the site inside: fantasy, fandom, realistic/modern, and futuristic.
  • Fantasy, Futuristic, Realistic/Modern, Fandom, Nation Building, and The Colosseum, are all group roleplay areas in their own right. Though, I don't know much about the Nation Building and The Colosseum areas of the site, there should be a pinned thread within both that could better explain them.
  • The Quest log is a bit different as it takes after choice games and stories. Typically only featuring one writer among readers who help make the choices of the character or situation at hand. They can be held in other ways, however.
  • Old Hosted Projects: HPs were a feature on the previous site layout that many people used as a well organized and sometimes private group roleplaying format. I'm not sure if they are still available to be created; however, a few of them are still alive and kicking.
Random media is just random pictures other users have posted to their galleries. You can post your own media and create private albums as long as nothing you post here is against site rules.
Thanks, i'll be sure to look at the rules. i'm just looking around right now

Welcome to RPN!! I am the Mechanist! The hero of the commonwealth and of RPN!! There are Tons of RP's to join, and even more people to RP with, myself included ^D^ We've got all kinds ranging from modern to medieval to futuristic. I myself am prone to fantasy, medieval or futuristic rp's, and I am a sucker for romance and a good love story. Trust me when I say we almost have it all!! Feel free to help yourself to the cookies and punch at the table.

Welcome to RPN!! I am the Mechanist! The hero of the commonwealth and of RPN!! There are Tons of RP's to join, and even more people to RP with, myself included ^D^ We've got all kinds ranging from modern to medieval to futuristic. I myself am prone to fantasy, medieval or futuristic rp's, and I am a sucker for romance and a good love story. Trust me when I say we almost have it all!! Feel free to help yourself to the cookies and punch at the table.
thanks for the warm welcome. my friend introduced me to this and it was extremely confusing at first, but I think I'll like it here

thanks for the warm welcome. my friend introduced me to this and it was extremely confusing at first, but I think I'll like it here
It can be confusing at first yes but don't let it discourage you ^-^ it really is a great site full of great people

Users who are viewing this thread

Back