• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom New York By Night (A Vampire The Masquerade RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Londo_Mollari94

Counter Monkey
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Elizabeth had been on her laptop browsing the internet when she noticed an email from Edwinda. At first, she thought it was nothing but the content of the email seemed urgent. Ever since her embrace she had been quite close to her the two vampires. She wanted to know what was going on. Driving towards the mansion as soon as she heard. The others that the two vampires had adopted had been notified via email. The email sent was written as such.

<Subject>

ATTENTION NEEDED AT STRAUSS MANOR.

<From>

Edwina-Adamson@Dracnet.com

Hello, childe.

The purpose of this email is to invite you to the manor so we may speak of an urgent matter. I will explain once everyone has arrived at the manor.

Regards

Edwina.

Elizabeth was the first person to arrive at the manor, parking her car in the long driveway of the estate. Getting out of the car she was greeted by Quentin who was the butler for the owners of the house. “Hi, I came as soon as I got the email. Do you know what is going on?” She asked to which the butler nodded. Inviting her inside to the living room, and letting her sit down on the 20th century couch. It reminded her of the furniture that her grandmother had. During her first few years of being “adopted” by the two elders, she would lie on this couch and draw to keep her mind occupied. Noticing Edwina coming down the stairs and towards Elizabeth. Liz quickly got up and walked over to hug her. “Do you know what happened? What’s the emergency?” She noticed Edwina smiling softly but had a look distorted.

Well I would like to tell the news to the other childe, but I should let you know what is going on.” She looked like she was going to cry something Elizabeth could sense. “Someone had kidnapped Ludwig. We do not know who did it yet, but we have some clue that could lead us to the perpetrator.” Edwina looked sadly at her feet. “I am just worried someone had murdered him, or worse diablerie him.” Elizabeth hugged Edwina tightly. She was close with Ludwig and Edwina who treated Elizabeth as a daughter.

Elizabeth asked Edwina what kind of clue they had found. “What kind of clue did you find?” Moving away from Edwina from the rather intense hug.

Ludwig was coming back towards the manor while attending some business when he was abducted from his car. The only clue we have is a matchbook that the perpetrator dropped.” Edwina handed Elizabeth a small matchbook for a local club called “SHEOL.”

Elizabeth thought the club name was a bit tacky sounding, she was not a club owner so she couldn’t judge the name. But she and the other childe would have to investigate this club. She hoped this minor clue would lead to finding the kidnappers.

Last edited:
VdBoyWh.png
ღ꧁ღ╭⊱ꕥ꧁꧂ꕥ⊱╮ღ꧂ღ

“Your younger brother is here,” Edwina spoke. With a human-like quality alien to most of their kind, the matron of their odd family patted Elizabeth on the shoulder. “I’ll be back. Wait here for us.”

Fog rolled over the night drenched pavement that marked the beginning of Ludwig’s and Edwina’s home. Adrian could see the swirling, dense tendrils and the dark silhouette of the structure just beyond the iron gate. The word home didn’t work well to describe the place. Estate or manor suited it better. Four stories, steepled rooftops, and large, arching windows made up the main building.

Only the gods knew how many other little buildings and recreational facilities made up the rest of the grounds. Gardens, guesthouses, gazebos, and maybe a swimming pool or two? Adrian’s newest parents never offered him an official tour, choosing instead to allow him to explore on his own. Being a history and antique ‘nerd’ (as Buck liked to call him), meant that Adrian had yet to make it out of the main house while visiting yet. Too many bits and ends on every shelf that needed to be dusted, dated, and admired. Plus, it felt like a new room waited for him every time he walked through the front door.

“Hard to believe we’re still in New York,” he mumbled to himself, pressing the automatic window down. When the glass finished its descent, he leaned out and pressed the large green button on the bottom right of the call box.

The speaker system rang twice, loud enough to wake the dead, before a stodgy, tired voice drawled at him. “Good evening. Please state your name and business.”

Adrian leaned out the driver's-side window and gave the camera near the gate a pointed look. “It’s me, Quentin.”

“Yes, sir, quite,” the butler replied with a long-suffering sigh. “Please state your name and business, Master Lake.”

“Quentin, you know who it is,” Adrian argued. “You’ve literally just said my name.”

“New protocol, sir. Please don’t make this harder than it has to be. I’m already expecting an earful from Sir Gamble when he arrives.”

Adrian chuckled. “Very well. This is Adrian Lake. Edwina and Ludwig sent me a letter electronically to meet with them tonight.”

The blond expected the gate to swing open, but after a brief pause, nothing happened. Quentin, his parent's butler, came through the speaker once more. “Apologies, sir, but I’ve checked the list, and you’re not on it.”

Adrian stared at the call box; mouth agape and brows crinkled in shock. “You’re joking!”

“Of course, sir,” came the response. The tiniest hint of amusement creeped into an otherwise weary tone. “Welcome home.”

Adrian laughed outright, putting the car back into drive. “Good to be back, Quen.”

Mid autumn’s chill made no impression on Adrian as he clambered out of his car. Since his embrace, temperature changes affected him in the same way a red light affected a driver—only when paying attention. The second youngest of the family had practiced things like breathing, blinking, and fidgeting to better fit in with humans. Which is why, even though he didn’t feel it, he tightened the collar of his coat and mimed breathing warm air into his hands out of habit.

“Night greetings, my childe.”

Adrian turned to the voice with a bit too much speed. One moment, he watched as fog crawled out from the surrounding trees, enraptured by the slow, twirling movements. In the next, he had his moon-blue eyes trained on his new mother’s steely orbs.

“Have you grown taller since I last laid my gaze upon you?” she asked him.

Adrian shook his head, lips curling at the corners. “Even if that weren’t impossible for our kind, I died at thirty-two. I think most have grown all they can by then.”

Edwina slid forward and wrapped her arms around Adrian’s neck. His mother acted far more touchy-feely than other kindred. She claimed it helped her stay connected to her first life—the way she thought and felt back when she could still blush. “To me, you’re a toddler that’s only just learned how to walk and talk. You grow each passing moment.”

Muted laughter burbled out of Adrian’s throat. “If I’m a toddler in your eyes, then how should I see you?”

Edwina drew away from him with pursed lips. “Hush now,” she chided, smacking him above the elbow, “before you say something we’ll both regret.”

Her expression slipped as her eyes wandered past him, focused on the pavement that led outside the grounds. When she looked back at him, a slight twinge of panic hovered at the corner of her quartz-like eyes. “Come inside. Your sister Elizabeth is already here. There’s news I need to share with all of you.”

“Is everything all right?” Adrian asked.

“No,” she answered, “but when is it ever?”

Last edited:
~Buck...~
B2.png

A joint in one hand, and a shot of whiskey in the other as Buck halfway sat there in his chair while partially laid on the floor. As Buck did this, his ghoul of a best buddy was sitting to the other side of the room at a desk, looking at a computer screen, and checking work related emails, when one of the emails catches his eye.

"You're gonna wanna see this" Nate said before he began to read it out loud. Buck flicked the joint on the table and spilt the whiskey on the floor before shattering the glass against the wall, to Nate's unphased reaction. The brujah got up and trudged over to look see what his ghoul was reading. Buck had places to he, and things to do. He got in his truck and made his way down the back roads, taking his sweet time getting there, but he'd be there.

As he arrived, he took a pair of brass knuckles out from his side compartment and slid them behind his belt loop of his pants. As he made his way to the door, he made a loud BANG! But not so hard to cause any damage.

"Howdy, might I come in thus fine day?" Buck gave a wolfish grin before being allowed to enter. He kicked dust off his boots, not taking his eyes off the person at the door for a moment as he walked by and made his way inside.

"Much obliged, good buddy..." Buck tipped his imaginary hat, before glancing around the room with his hands on his hips. As he began walking around. He knew his entrance would be heard, so it was only a matter of time before someone came to greet him. Other vampires had likely arrived sooner, but it mattered not to ol' Buck. Spot on time, and not too late. He popped a seat.

"Big fella. If you up and tell your master friend I'm waiting, I'd be happier than a possum eaten' watermelon. Or better yet, I can go find em if ya want" Buck said. A few moments later, he got up to begin looking around, if partially to sate his curiosity.

Elizabeth slinked a little when it was mentioned her other “siblings” had arrived at the manor. She didn’t really have a close relationship with the other vampires. For the most part, she kept to herself and didn’t actively interact with them. “Oh joy.” She muttered while watching Edwina walking away to meet Adrian. After he was brought inside by Quentin she gave him a big hug. Enjoying her conversation with her “child”. She had not seen most of them in quite some time, so she felt relieved to see them again.

Leading Ludwig to the living room where Elizabeth was. The blonde by this point was staring at the fireplace. Turning her head when she heard Adrian's and Edwina’s footsteps. “Hello.” She said softly before turning back towards the fireplace.

“I am surprised the other siblings have not arrived, I am sure I sent the email correctly.” Edwinda was not very good with technology. Usually, Elizabeth would have to come over to help.

Or that they don’t give a shit.” Elizabeth chimed in with a monotone voice. Edwinda glared over at Elizabeth shaking her head. Edwinda walked away from the room to meet with Buck. Leaving Elizabeth and Adrian alone. “It's been a long time. How are you?" She said flatly now looking over at Ludwig. It didn't sound like she cared about how he was, mostly it was to make some small talk.

“How are you doing Buck, it’s been a long time.” Edwina smiled as she hugged the much taller vampire. “Your other siblings have arrived, although only the three of you have arrived.” She had that sad look again as she soon led Buck to the living room.

“Well since you are all here I guess I should let you know why I summoned you all here.” She motioned for Buck and Adrian to sit down. Edwina sat down beside Elizabeth who was now staring out the window. “I have summoned you here to let you hear the bad news in person.” She took a deep breath before continuing. “It seems someone or a group of people had kidnapped Ludwig. We do not have many clues except for this matchbook.” She showed the group a matchbook with the logo of the club called SHEOL.

Last edited:
VdBoyWh.png
ღ꧁ღ╭⊱ꕥ꧁꧂ꕥ⊱╮ღ꧂ღ

Upon entering the foyer, Adrian’s pale blue eyes flicked over the interior, taking in its decor. Not a thing had changed in the two years since he last saw the place. The same turnkey lamp domed in stained glass on the foyer table, the brass coat rack with its spindly arms reaching out in a halo by the front door, the curio cabinet carved from a single piece of solid wood and brought back from a trip Edwina and Ludwig had taken to China in the 1700s; it all still sat in the same place as before.

New things had entered the manor over the last few decades, however. Adrian heard the gentle hum of a wireless router as it droned from its spot in the third floor study, for example. Modern conveniences littered the house, tucked out of sight so as not to ruin the aesthetic.

He and Edwina turned the corner into a front parlor decked out in authentic mid-century modern style. True, it looked seventy years out of date to Adrian, but the new generation of mortals had cycled back to that ‘retro’ style. Odd how things from his childhood looked antiquated now, and yet he still looked young and vibrant—though a little pale.

Elizabeth had already arrived. She sat on the sofa, staring into the crackling flames inside the brick hearth. Adrian thought she looked annoyed, but he realized a while ago that was just her way. He didn’t take it to heart anymore.

An enormous crash against the front door forced a smile to slide across Adrian’s face. Edwina sighed with a shake of her head, but her adoptive son could hear the amusement tingeing the edges of her tongue. “Thank the stars that door is sturdy enough to hold up against that man. It’s your brother, of course. I best greet him.”

When Edwina had wandered away, he stepped into the parlor, clearing his throat.

“It’s been a long time,” Elizabeth greeted him, nonplussed. “How are you?”

She glanced his way long enough to arch a brow and then turned back to the fireplace. Adrian was under no illusion. He knew the young woman didn’t care about his well-being. Well, not that she didn't care at all, but if she could see him standing upright, then the finer details didn't really matter. She had asked him to fill the silence as it stretched on around them. But Adrian planned to answer her all the same—he always did.

He flipped his golden bangs out of face and smoothed them over to the right. “It has,” he agreed, offering Elizabeth a wide smile. “I’ve been well. And you?”

She had no time to reply. Edwina’s, and Buck’s footsteps had already begun their trek back to the parlor, growing louder by the second. Instead, Elizabeth turned away from him and eyed the window.

“Buck,” Adrian laughed, stepping up to place a hand on the other’s shoulder. “Right on time, as per your fashionable routine of tardiness.”

Adrian looked Buck over with an exasperated grin. “Still foregoing a proper shirt, I see.” The blond’s nose wrinkled across the bridge as the smell of Buck’s leather jacket filled the air. “And smoking. Got any extra?”

Edwina's throat cleared, a small but deliberate action that forced Adrian into a sheepish grin. “Later,” he murmured to Buck, sliding into a big cozy armchair.

Once everyone had seated themselves, Edwina spoke. “It seems someone, or a group of people, has kidnapped Ludwig. We do not have many clues except for this matchbook.”

“Kidnapped? How is that even possible?” Adrian demanded. “When? Where? Was there signs of a struggle?”

All sorts of thoughts raced through the young kindred’s mind. One scenario played out after another, each more heinous than the last. To capture and detain a man like Ludwig—a ninth generation vampire with strings tied deep into the city—it would take…

“How is that even possible?” Adrian murmured again, head down and brows knitted tight. His eyes snapped onto the matchbook in his adopted mother’s fingers. “May I?”

Edwina handed the flimsy matchbook over without argument, and Adrian soaked in the logo embossed to its cover.

“SHEOL? I’ve never head of it. A bar, perhaps? Nightclub?” Adrian shifted his moonlight gaze onto Buck. “Surely you’ve heard of it, Buck?”

~Buck...~
B2.png

Buck turned to look at Edwina whom came to greet him.

"Long time no howdydoo indeed... I'm fine as a fiddle. Cold as a grave, but that's nuff bout me. What bout'chur self now?" Buck asked the toreador matriarch before making his way to the others. One of the first vampires Buck noticed was blonde haired venture, eyes blue as the sky. As he mentioned Buck's name, Buck turned his devilish grin towards him.

"Sunshine" Buck jokingly responded. Spinning a chair around, and taking a seat.

"In the flesh and bone. Now how y'all doin this fine as wine afternoon" Buck chuckled when he mentioned his routine arrival.

"Hidin' these good looks ain't nothin' short of a fashion crime", he said before leaning back in his seat. He propped his feet forward, regardless where Buck sat, he always made sure to take up room and make himself at home. Buck didn't say anything when Adrian asked for a smoke, and reached into his pocket, grabbing one and flicking it in Adrian's direction. He nodded at Adrian said later. The kidnapping of a vampire peaked his interest.

"That sounds like some second inquisition shit if I ever heard it" Buck cocked his head back scratching his chin back. Buck wasn't bold enough to say it aloud, but he assumed they'd have had to have screwed up in some way or form to have gotten caught. That or someone snitched on them. The latter sounded more likely. Buck's eyes met with Adrian's for a moment.

"Hmm...? Does a duck with a boner drag weeds...? Yeah, I believe I heard of it" Buck stared up at the ceiling at he thought about it for a few moments. He knew his bars and clubs. Working in one tended to help do that. Many nights pursuing strong drinks and wild women meant he spent a lot of time in clubs.

"Hmph! Good times... So that's the first place we're looking then?" Buck asked.

Last edited:
I’m doing okay, although I could be better.” Elizabeth now turned around to face Adrian. Her face was quite beautiful. The only thing that ruined it was the many piercings and body modifications. The modifications on her face were off the bone to protrude against her skin. Her body was not much different with many protruding bones sticking out of her body. This made the effort to make her look quite strange. A noticeable contrast to her beautiful face.”This whole kidnapping thing is a real bummer.” Her eyes moved to the doorway of the living room. Noticing Buck coming into the room. Not getting up to greet him but did give him a wave of her hand.

Edwinda gracefully gave Adrian the matchbook while her head was lulled downwards. “There was quite a struggle while the kidnapping was happening. But again the only clue we have is the matchbook.” Her eyes darted towards the matchbook held in Adrian’s hands. Elizabeth’s ears perked up when she heard the name of the club. Quickly she stood up and walked over towards Adrian.

I have heard of Shoel, I know the owner. A Brujah vampire named Quid. Perhaps we should talk to him and see if he knows anything.” She looked over towards the other “siblings.” As if they were all on the same wavelength.

“Then I think you shouldn’t waste any more time here, Go and find the bâtardes that kidnapped Ludwig.” The tall woman’s face looked quite angry which was something very uncharacteristic for her.

Elizabeth quickly made her way over to hug Edwina goodbye. Edwina did the same with all of her children before they left the manor. During the car ride, Buck and Adrian were loudly chatting to each other. Caught up on the time they were away. Elizabeth meanwhile was in the backseat staring out of the window. Occasionally she would answer some questions Buck and Adrian would ask. But for the most part, she seemed quite distant from the other men.

When they did arrive at the club they could see the building was of an old cathedral. Elizabeth felt uneasy but got out of the car with the others. Walking into the club loud techno music was blaring out of the speakers. Elizabeth had to cover her ears as she made her way to the bar. Noticing a kindred that was trying to chat up a human woman. His eyes turned to look over at Buck before looking over at Elizabeth.

Icely gaze upon thee, three children looking for what is lost. The patriarch whom you seek, the answers you will find where you may already think.” The Malkavian bartender whom Elizabeth had dated spoke with a toothy grin. Elizabeth shook her head while glaring at him.

Ugh I don't have time for your riddles, we need to talk to Quid is he here?” She crossed her arms while the Malkavian was smugly cleaning a mug. Elizabeth looked around the room to see if she noticed anyone.

He may or may not be here, what would thou be able to give me in return for my services?” The bartender was now staring at Buck and Adrian. The two if they liked could could try to interrogate the bartender.

VdBoyWh.png
ღ꧁ღ╭⊱ꕥ꧁꧂ꕥ⊱╮ღ꧂ღ

Adrian stepped out of the car, easing the passenger door open to avoid tapping its paint against the brick alleyway. A squat apartment building made up one side of the alley, and the club they were looking for, judging by the rhythmic thump of bass pouring off of it, made up the other. How had the owner pulled a permit to get a night club pressed against a residential zone?

The vampire’s pale blue eyes skimmed the architecture and grimaced. Tall windows arched into stained glass points, ornamental stone columns kept their footing with the help of flying buttresses along the second story, and a narrow steeple rose off the zenith into a severe fang-ish tip. A church—that’s how they did it. A feeling of unease washed over him, cold tendrils snaking their way down his spine.

Though they had removed the north and south spire crucifixes, every buttress had a tiny gold figure standing on its pinnacle. Each one flared like a beacon, as bright as the Colossus of Rhodes, and drenched the alley in light. Adrian slammed his eyes shut against them, his nose wrinkled in disgust as he turned away from the glare.

Most kindred seemed unaffected by religious symbolism, but not Adrian. Just like his sire, he became overwhelmed when directly confronted with these sorts of religious tools, as long as the wielder believed in their power. Churches stood as the one exemption, however. Even without a staunch believer nearby to lend their faith, crucifixes on holy ground blazed like the midday sun. Perhaps because whoever built them had already infused sufficient belief to make them stand on their own.

He cracked an eye just long enough to find his sister’s face. “You didn’t mention it used to be a cathedral.”

“And?” Beth asked.

When she spotted the other’s pained expression, she furrowed her brows with a frown. Her eyes trailed over the outside of the building, searching for the issue. She’d known of Adrian’s weakness the first time he attempted to join Edwina and Ludwig on their yearly tradition to midnight mass—the only ‘family’ event he ever skirted.

“Oh, looks like they missed those. Don’t worry, they’ve removed everything from the inside. Triple-checked it to keep you super sensitive ones migraine free.”

Adrian nodded, but he kept his lips pursed tight. Those tiny symbols, three stories up and unnoticed by most, roiled his insides. He did not want to lose his breakfast out here. A man puking in the alley next to a nightclub might not turn any heads, but a man puking blood? Well, that might get someone’s attention.

Adrian followed Beth and Buck past the stern glare of the bouncer and inside. As soon as the blond stepped under the ribbed vaulting of the western portal, the melting, stretching, churning sensation evaporated from his skin and stomach. And even though he didn’t need to breathe, he drew in a deep lungful of air to steady himself. When he felt stable on his feet, Adrian straightened up and gave himself a moment to take in his surroundings.

First, the place was enormous. Only a few remnants of the original building still shone through; the adorning masonry, the wide piers, and stained glass clerestory windows collided with industrial lighting trusses, acoustic paneling, and an impressive disc-jockey station planted in the center of the eastern apse. Second, humans wandered through the thrumming darkness and dancefloor alongside their natural predators—completely unaware of the dangers surrounding them.

“Ugh! I don’t have time for your riddles. We need to talk to Quid. Is he here?” Beth asked, drifting over from a nearby bar.

Adrian wandered over. A Malkavian stood behind the bar, his fingertips working a rag around the inside of a heavy-looking mug without a thought. His smile stretched at the corners as Adrian ambled closer.

“Well, if it isn’t the talking textbook,” the bartender drawled, eyes sliding over Adrian like a python over dry leaves. “Your sister tells me you're quite the expert in collectables. If you can tell me how old this place is, I’ll considering answering a question.”

“Well,” Adrian murmured, looking around the room. “The stonework matches nothing else on the block. Construction of this neighborhood began in the early to mid-1800s. Primary influences from Greek revival and Georgian architecture. However, the Gothic architecture in this building follows the same style and layout of anything built from 1767 to 1994.”

“Are you saying it’s impossible?” The Malkavian asked, teeth becoming more visible as his smile widened.

“Certainly not,” Adrian replied, offering a charming smile of his own. “It may have been difficult if not for your bar top.”

The right side of the bartender’s mouth quirked back. “My bar top?”

“Mm-hmm,” Adrian agreed, tapping a dark smudge on the high-lacquered surface in question. “A lot of conversions happen in old churches, and this would not be the first bar to come out of one. A lot of churches will leave behind pulpits, pews, and plenty of other old furniture that the next owner is only more than happy to take advantage of, if that next owner is thrifty and imaginative, of course.”

“So?”

“So,” the historian continued, “Your bar has this lovely little brand mark here—the ‘H’ with the interlocked ‘M’. Hanford Mills became active in the mid-1840s and they handled a lot of the local lumber need. The grain on this bit of bar top, or should I say recycled pew, is fascinating. Did you know, Hanford Mills installed an Oneida steam engine in 1895? Considering the brand used here, I’d estimate this church went up in fourth-quarter 1901.”

The Malkavian’s grin threatened to split his face in half. He looked hungry, ready for a kill. “And that’s your final answer?”

Adrian shook his head. “No, my final answer is 2014. It’s the date printed by the front door. The plaque that lets people know when Sheol opened?”

“How did—but—the church,” the barkeep sputtered. His face deflated faster than a child squeezing a balloon.

“Yes, well,” Adrian shrugged. “You’re clan Malkavian. You looked far too happy when I said my first guess.”

The bartender nodded, smile slipping back into place. “Ah! You caught me, then. What’s your question?”

“Is the person Elizabeth was asking about here?”

“He is,” the bartender agreed.

“Where can we—”

“Uh-uh, my little bookworm,” the man sang. “You’ve already got yours. What’s his?” he asked, turning to Buck.

~Buck...~
B2.png

As the group would leave, Buck got in his old 1983 Ford Ranger. Taking some side roads. You could hear Buck's truck loud engine purring as he made his way down narrow streets as he blasted music by Hank Williams(Sr) and Willie Nelson. There was always something or rather someone interesting to see away from the main roads, whether it be a homeless person, a drug addict or some young punks weary of those near their 'territory'. A midnight snack was always the best.

Buck hadn't seen anything particularly interesting this night, and even if he had, there were places he needed to be. He turn Not one to shirk his duties, he arrived where needed. As he opened the door to get out of the car, a couple old beer cans fell out. He slammed his truck door shut before. As he opened the door, he heard the loud techno music and cringed slightly, remembering why he didn't ever come to this place.

"Fuck!" He muttered under his breath. As the others made their way inside, so too did Buck. He looked around the room sizing people up before approaching Adrian and the malkavian bartender. He listened to the conversation between the historian and the barkeep with visible confusion. Buck didn't know a thing about the history of architecture or the sort, but he knew good craftsmanship when he saw it. He shrugged when Adrian got the question right, before leaning in towards the malkavian when the attention was on him.

"Whiskey, make it strong, and I want it neat. none o' that on thuh rocks shit" Buck requested. He looked at Elizabeth and Adrian. He cocked his head back and crossed his arms.

"What? Y'all think I was up an' gonn' miss a drink? Hell's gonn' freeze over when that day comes, now come on! We still need to talk to what's his face. Reckon' we be in n' out faster than green grass through a goose" Buck responded, his attention turned back to the bartender. Despite Buck's drink request, he understood why they were there and what his priorities were really on, and that was their mission at hand respectively.

Elizabeth looked annoyed at the Malkavian bartender. She didn’t have time for his games. The more they were wasting time, the more they could lose their lead on who kidnapped Ludwig. Ignoring the distress that Adrian was feeling being inside of the cathedral. She had mentioned that all the Christian iconography had been removed when it was turned into a club. She was very close to jumping over the bar and smashing the Malkavian’s head in. But that wouldn’t get them anywhere, even though she would enjoy doing that. Listening intently to Adrian and the bartender’s conversation. She had no time for talking about the past, it was painful for her to talk about past events.

The Malkavian smiled hearing Adrian answering his question correctly. Elizabeth now leaned forward towards the bartender. Who by this point had handed Buck a glass of whiskey. “Now that you’ve correctly answered my question, I might allow you to see the boss.” This made Elizabeth glare at the bartender.

He answered your question now can we see your boss now?” Elizabeth was now having to scream over the loud music. Her hand was placed on top of the bar. For a moment glaring at Buck who she assumed didn’t care about their kidnapped patriarchy. The bartender smiled before nodding his head.

I don’t see why not, not like he’s doing anything important.” The group was not sure if he was joking or not. “Just be careful he’s in quite a bad mood lately.” As the group made their way behind the bar the bartender looked over at Adrian. “A wolf in sheep's clothing, be careful of the wolf.” He said with a big smile on his face.

As the three of them opened the door they noticed a kindred behind a desk. Scribbling madly on some paperwork. Elizabeth slammed the door so their presence was known. This caused the vampire to jump a little from his chair. “Well well if it isn’t the sunshine band, Did that Malkie let you in? I swear that piece of shit is not worth fuck all.” Placing his pen away staring at all three of them. “So what do you shitheads want?” He said eyeing all of them with an annoyed look on his face.

"We're looking for suspicious characters that may have come in a few days ago. Does anyone fit that description?" She was now sitting on his desk staring him in the eyes.

Quid laughed while shaking his head. "Lots of scumbags come in here for a drink, you're no different. "

Elizabeth was now leaning forward so her face was close to his. "Don't bullshit us, you know all the dirty business that is going on here. Someone left a matchbook from your bar, and I wanna know who here was talking about a kidnapping in the last couple of days. "

"I really don't know who you're talking about, a lot of dirty business goes on here. So stop wasting my time and get the fuck out or I'll have to call security." Quid's hand slowly moved towards the phone to call the bouncers if they didn't leave. Now would be a good time to try and intimidate or persuade him to give up the information.

Last edited:
VdBoyWh.png
ღ꧁ღ╭⊱ꕥ꧁꧂ꕥ⊱╮ღ꧂ღ

“A wolf in sheep’s clothing,” the bartender murmured. It sounded like a warning. “Be careful of the wolf.”

Adrian snorted, covering the smile stretching across his face with a hand. Malkavians took Shakespeare’s words to heart and acted like all the world existed as their own personal stage. Adrian assumed their constant state of near mental collapse was to blame. The hypothesis held up well, but trying to turn that hypothesis into a theory presented a unique challenge—Malkavians answered questions with vague, prophetic snippets that made no sense about 99.9 percent of the time.

“Sure,” Adrian nodded along, “and birds of a feather flock together.”

“Ah, but beware the birds that flock in fair weather.”

The Venture paused, trailing blue eyes up to the other’s face. He’d never heard that ending before. Did the bartender just make that up? It fit the expression like a key in a lock, accentuating and molding the original meaning.

Adrian left without another word. He couldn’t think of anything else to say, anyway. When Liz slammed the office door behind them, the noise and thumping music of the bar almost vanished. A sound proof room, Adrian realized, and that wasn’t all.

The decor in here varied from that outside—the harsh and sleek industrial vibe of the cathedral gave way to cozy, wood-paneled walls, soft, cream-colored carpeting, and paisley furniture that boasted an intricate, shimmering pattern in royal and robin’s egg blue. The centerpiece? A bright, acid-green lava lamp bubbled away on the corner of his desk.

If the office had surprised Adrian, it had nothing on how he felt about meeting Quid. A dark mess of curly hair framed the other kindred’s youthful face. Youthful seemed an understatement—the club owner couldn’t be over nineteen, but looked closer to sixteen. His green eyes, narrowed at their little group of three, reflected the glow of the retro lamp.

A cold, calculating smirk crossed over Quid’s face as Liz questioned him. It looked far too sinister on someone with a countenance that young. Adrian listened to Liz ask her questions, and then to Quid deflect. Liz got snippy, and Quid got threatening. When the boy-like kindred reached toward the office phone, Ardian spoke up.

“Rad pad you got there,” Adrian noted. He kept his shoulders relaxed, and his eyes off of Quid, scanning the room with interest.

Quid scoffed. “Please, as if your asinine attempt at flattery—”

“Is that a Rothenberg?” Adrian asked, cutting across the end of Quid’s sentence. “Where on earth did you get it?”

“Mondrian Dancing. 1985. Picked it up at a private auction,” the other replied.

The younger looking man slipped around his desk and stopped next to Adrian. The top of his head just reached the blond’s shoulder. When he looked again, he saw the deadliest of the seven sins pooled in Quid’s forest green eyes.

Easy to pinpoint,
Impossible to hide,
Pride can make fools,
Out of men who are wise.

The blond Venture could almost hear Ben’s words as they echoed through his head. ‘Course, pride had killed Ben, but that didn’t make his sire’s rhyme any less true. While Quid stood next to him, the blond gestured at Liz from behind his back. He pointed to Liz, to the open laptop on Quid’s desk, and then mimed a sneaky walk using two fingers.

“I thought the Saint Louis Art Museum had it?”

“Yes,” Quid hissed through a smug smile. “So do they.”

Adrian chuckled. “I’m impressed. I didn’t expect to find a collector here, of all places.”

“Then you’ve missed the most impressive piece in my collection on the way in.”

“Ah!” Adrain exclaimed, turning wide eyes onto the shorter kindred. “Of course! The church itself!”

“Now I’m impressed,” Quid admitted. “Usually, I have to hand out at least three guesses.”

Adrain beamed at the young man, and he offered a gentle smile in return. The blond cleared his throat. “I apologize for waisting your time. It was a longshot in the dark, but we wanted to explore all our options. A man like you is far too busy to know everything that happens in a place like this.”

“Well, I didn’t say—”

“We can try the Malkie bartender again. Do you know if he worked that night?”

“That idiot wouldn’t know a Warhol from a Picasso.”

“Perhaps you could point us toward someone that would know?” Adrian asked. His tone slipped up an octave at the end.

Quid frowned and arched a solitary brow at him. “Did you honestly believe that would work?”

Adrian shrugged, offering the man a sheepish smile. “No harm in trying.”

“Leave. Now. And if you ever come back, it had better be for drinking and dancing.”

As Quid turned away from him and the painting, he could only hope that he’d bought Liz or Buck enough time to find something important.

~Buck...~
B2.png

Buck downed his shot as Elizabeth came over to speak with the malkavian bartender. Giving her a cheeky grin as she glared at him.

"See, now was that so hard?" Buck asked the bartender before following Elizabeth to the door to the room Quid was in. Buck tossed the glass at the wall next to the malkavian. Assuming his reflexes were good, he'd catch it, otherwise it'd smash against the wall. Luckily the malkavian managed to catch it. He furrowed his brows angrily but managed to grabbed the shot glass in time. As the door opened, he stood on Elizabeth's right side before getting a good look at the club's so called boss. He looked younger than Buck expected.

Then the moment Adrian opened his mouth, the words went through one of Buck's ear and out the other. The brujah brawler cared not for art nor understood it. Giving the blonde haired blue eyed boy a bewildered mirthless smile. Buck rolled his eyes before looking around. He turned to look around the room. While Quid was distracted with Adrian's rambling, Buck took a few steps towards Quid's desk. His eyes were on the Rothenburg. The pained and strained looks on his face made it abundantly clear he wasn't sure what he was supposed to be looking at. His eyes glanced down at the desk. There seemed to be some useful information on the desk. Buck would go ahead and make mental note of what he was reading. Even got a brief glance of his laptop screen. Not wanting to look suspicious, he pretended to be once again interested in the conversation, slowly moving away from the desk. He glanced over to see what Liz was doing. Eventually Quid demanded they'd leave which was fine for Buck since he seen all he was going to find without being too suspicious. He was ready to go and discuss when they were out of the club.

Elizabeth was glad that Adrian was distracting Quid for her to check his computer. Slowly she crouched behind the desk and started searching through his files. Most of it seemed useless to her since it was mostly about the club. However, there was something that had caught her eye. An email was sent to Quid about joining them in Riverside Park after the job was complete.. Elizabeth thought this could be something worth investigating. Whoever sent the email could be the one that kidnapped Ludwig. The email was sent a few days ago which would coincide with the day Ludwig was kidnapped. Looking through his other emails for any other kind of information, it was mostly filled with spam emails and stuff about sales of penis pumps. Elizabeth slowly returned to her position while still being as stealthy as possible.

Quid meanwhile was quite impressed that Andrian recognized the painting. “You got a good eye sunshine. That thing cost a good chunk of chance.” Quid seemed too engaged in his conversation with what was going on. By the end of the conversation, he was wanting the group out of the club. After they had left the room Quid got on his phone, having a conversation with an unknown person about the group's investigation. Elizabeth and the group left the room with the others. Glaring at Buck whom she thought did nothing to help with dealing with Quid. She noticed Azriel who seemed quite distracted by a human female that was grinding up against him.

Her eyes glared at him before moving over towards them. “Excuse me schlampe.” She pushed the girl out of the way so she was facing Azriel. “We’re leaving for Riverside Park, Let’s go.” She pointed towards the exit with her thumb.

She had found what she was looking for and was going to get all of them to Riverside Park. On their way out she noticed two other vampires coming towards them. It was Loreilah and Violet who seemed to be late to the party like Azriel. “Nice of you two to finally arrive. I assume Edwina told you to come here. Well, we’ve already found a good clue. So we're heading towards Riverside Park. Let’s get over there before the meeting starts. ” She didn’t want to waste any time since the meeting was going to happen in forty minutes.

Violet had been watching who was coming in and out of this place. It helped keep her mind off of the tantrum she had thrown earlier about Ludwig being taken. He was hers...theirs...He belonged to the family and she wasn't happy he was taken. Edwina was kind enough to tell her outside where she couldn't break anything valuable. Then Azriel and Loreilah had kindly offered to drive her here since she couldn't drive. She hadn't seen her family much until tonight. Violet was busy trying not to get too close and start claiming family members as her own again. It was odd seeing them, and yet she enjoyed it. Her straight face showing little to no emotion nodded to Elizabeth. She glanced at Adrian and Buck. They looked the same...they all looked the same. The thought that perhaps this was a big joke and this was a way to get them all together filled her mind. But the truth was obvious from Elizabeth's determination: Ludwig had been taken. Violet began to follow them outside, taking note of how everyone was reacting. They all seemed so calm for the situation, a trait Violet wished she had. Perhaps they all simply work better under pressure and she cracked under it. She would do her best to work on that. For the time being, she remained quiet and followed Elizabeth's lead. She stayed back a bit, not wanting to get into anyone's space. Not to mention it's easier to observe from the back. "May I ride with someone?" she finally asked. Even if she could drive, it wouldn't be convincing to any officer she was of age to drive. They'd take her I.D again. It was hard enough to get into the club. She looked at each of her brothers and sisters, starting to guess who would accept her and who would be a bit more cautious of doing so. She attempted a sweet and innocent smile, but nothing more than her dead pan face and big eyes came across. Perhaps a small and fast glimpse of a small smile showed; but it had faded away as quickly as it had appeared.
violet.jpg

Last edited:
1704779214070.png

SHEOL, another nightclub she was forced to go to, another "gathering" she was forced to attend. Nadia enjoyed a good party at a good location, but nightclubs were somewhere she avoided like the plague if she could help it. The music was always dull and not that she could drink anymore, but the drinks were always overpriced. At least the people were interesting, well most of them anyway, as long as they weren't other toreador, which unfortunately who she was with at the moment. She had nothing against her clan, but a group of Toreadors is almost as bad as being around a bunch of catty teenage popular girls, or PTA moms. They do nothing but judge others and most of them do it devoid of any self awareness. There were some who were great people to be around, well as far being around other kindred was concerned.

"Is everything alright Nadia." Her attention was somewhere else, it was the only way to get through this little gathering of....great minds "Hmm, oh yes, my apologies, don't let me hold the story up, you were saying?" She had listened to this woman drone on about her little social meeting with the prince and the primogens for the past hour, but her trying to keep to the masquerade only made the story more unbearable. To think replacing the words prince and primogens could make a story more uninteresting was unthinkable, but then again, a business meeting with elders....well, at least she had fun. If there was any way she could get out of this, she would take it. She would take fighting sabbat over staying at this club one more minute. For now, she would have to play nice and indulge the woman with her full attention, or as much as she could give anyway.

The opportunity presented itself as the woman finished with her story, which she would use to sneak away for a moment to hopefully find something or someone interesting. "If you'll excuse me, I think I need some fresh air, I'll be back." Nadia stood and inched her way out of the booth to make way for the bar with a sigh of relief. She headed for the door dreading going back to the group she was tasked with keeping company and messaging someone on her phone. She stepped outside of the club head buried in her phone as she answered texts and hoping she could find some way to excuse herself from the present company

Last edited:
VdBoyWh.png
ღ꧁ღ╭⊱ꕥ꧁꧂ꕥ⊱╮ღ꧂ღ

Adrian sauntered after Buck and Liz, taking care to watch his step in the darkened club. Green laser lights, strobes, fog, and the deep vibrating thump of an industrialist base disoriented the Ventrue’s senses and forced him to keep close. Even while alive in the eighties, Adrian never appreciated the club scene. Too loud…

As the three of them stepped into the parking lot, and the thick wooden doors muted the noise from SHEOL, Adrian took a sigh of relief. It seemed more free out here. The young blond kindred couldn’t feel the nip of icy air against his face, but he brought his hands up and blew into them out of habit, anyway.

Then Violet appeared. She disconcerted Adrian every time. Honestly, seeing someone, before hearing them, always caused Adrian a slight shock—a rarity for someone to have that effect on him. The shadows seemed to swallow her footsteps, quiet as she moved. Despite his nervousness at her ability to materialize out of the ether, Violet always kept kind and caring.

Living up to her name, Violet possessed dark, plum-colored hair with eyes that shone like amethyst. Those eyes were almost too large for her face and reflected light like the tapetum of a cat’s eye. Adrain knew her to be reserved, soft-spoken, but with a jealous streak to shame Narcissus.

“May I ride with someone?” she asked. Her voice slithered through the air the way bare skin slid across satin, soft and shimmering.

“Violet,” Adrian greeted. He gave the girl a warm smile, eyes crinkling at the edges. “I’m sure there’s room for you with Liz and I. Unless you’d rather be listening to The Judds and Alan Jackson with this one,” he commented, throwing an elbow into Buck’s side.

Nadia Michi, Queen of the Ivories and Pride of the New York Toreador, wandered onto the scene soon after. Her long, messy brown hair hung around her neck over her mainstay outfit of an off-the shoulder knit and long skirt. The light from her cellphone splashed across her face with a small ‘ding’, illuminating a pair of dark brown eyes.

She appeared uninterested in the group gathered in the parking lot of SHEOL, but Adrian knew better. The Toreador always stood alert, never failing to uphold the strict social guidelines in the game she played. If you believed the rumors circulating around kindred society, Nadia had started a search for a mask—even famous musicians aged at some point, and Nadia obviously was not. The blond Ventrue never put stock in rumors like that, though. Besides, if Nadia needed a mask, she’d come to him. He had contacts.

Adrian spotted the telltale signs of stress written on his sister’s face. The lowered corners of the mouth, the blank stare at her screen as she tried to block out the world, and the ever-so persistent eye roll at the slightest bit of drifting laughter or conversation. Boredom, agitation, or hunger—Adrian couldn’t tell, but he knew the best way to shake her out of these moods was with a smile.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” Adrian began, taking a deep bow toward Nadia and affecting a pompous PR British accent, “It is my honor to present Dame Nadia Michi of Solar Sky, renowned artist extraordinaire. Please hold all autograph requests and flash photography.”

When Adrian straightened, he supplied her with a beaming grin. “Good to see you, Nadi. It’s been a while. Glad you could join us.”

Last edited:
~Buck...~
B2.png

As the group had finished speaking with the club owner, Buck looked around suspiciously at some of his comrades as there seemed to be more there than he had remembered initially coming in with, but perhaps that was just his lack of awareness. He continued to scratch his chin before exiting the club.

Adrian's mention of The Judds and Alan Jackson caught Buck's attention. He patted him on the back.

"Throw in a joint and a couple cold ones and I reckon ya got yourself a good ass time, Sunshine" the brujah replied before walking past him, yanking the door open before hopping onto the seat with one foot hanging out of the door and the other in the floorboard. The brujah turned the key which let out hissing and revving as the truck failed to start before a loud roaring. A thick black smoke filled the air behind the exhaust as the truck came back to life.

"Purrin' like a kitten eaten pork belly" Buck snapped his fingers. The brujah threw on his sunglasses before kicking his shotgun under the seat and out of sight.

Sheol, the word was familiar to the vampire that stood outside of the club. In Hebrew, it was referred to as the underworld. The place was supposed to be of stillness and darkness, however this “club” seemingly did not seem to follow the same rules. The vampire, known as Azriel, wore simple black clothing. The bouncer made no attempt to stop the dark-haired male from entering the club. Despite the fact that the bouncer had almost a foot on him and had a more robust build, he stepped aside to allow the dark-haired man into the club. As Azriel stepped inside, he turned to look at the other man. His lips smirked into an icy smile before they returned back into their resting position. He then made his way into the club. The bouncer let out a shaky breath, he had not even noticed he had been holding breath, and returned to his duty.

As Azriel made his way through the club, he garnered little attention from the human bar patrons due to his stealth. Which, undoubtedly, was a good thing. Many humans, and even fellow kindred, who encountered the dark-haired vampire found his appearance very unsettling. Not that he was unattractive, but more like his appearance was otherworldly. The vampires who had noticed Azriel simply tried to ignore his presence. Other than a quick stare, they returned to their merry-making. The golden-eyed enforcer made his way over to the bar, where he saw his group had already made their way to the bartender. Azriel cleared his throat to garner the group of vampires’ attention. As if to simply say, ‘I’m here.’ He let his companions do the talking, as he seemed entertained by the interaction. However, Azriel’s enjoyment was quickly shattered by a human woman whom seemed to take an interest in the dark-haired man. He looked… uncomfortable as she tried to dance up against him. He wasn’t a fan of people touching him, let alone dance against him. Elizabeth, luckily, came to the rescue for both the vampire and human, as Azriel wasn’t known for his even temper or patience. Azriel followed his companion. “I want to burn this place to the ground.” Was the only thing he grumbled.

Elizabeth felt annoyed that the others did not respond to the email and had not been present at the meeting. Although she didn’t know that some of them had spoken to Edwina in person after they left. But she was glad to have properly met them outside of the club. But now they could finally be together to conduct the investigation. “You can ride with me if you want. But that’s up to you. I’m sure someone wouldn’t mind driving you.” She started walking towards her car not minding whoever came with her. It didn’t matter to her as long as long as they knew where they were. Turned to face Nadia who came out of the climb. “Glad to see you.” She said with a small hint of sarcasm. She was more concerned about going to Riverside Park than reminiscing about the good old days.

Getting into her car with whoever desired to join her. The car ride itself was uneventful, she was more focused on driving than conversing. She didn’t express it but she was quite worried. Worried that Ludwig has been dusted or even worse been diableried. Her being unfocused caused her to almost crash a few times. But luckily Adrian was able to stop her from totalling the car. Stopping on the side of the road and letting Adrian take over driving. It was obvious she was unfit to drive for the time being. In the backseat with her other family members that joined her. She was looking out of the window twiddling her fingers together. Her blue eyes darted back and forth as she watched the cars speeding pasted them.

When they finally arrived at the park Elizabeth was the first to get out of the car. Looking over at her “brothers and sisters.” “The email I found at the club said Quid the bar owner was supposed to meet someone tonight at this park. So we’re gonna see if whoever kidnapped Ludwig will come back to meet up again. I plan on looking around for any suspicious characters and follow them to see if they're the ones who kidnapped Ludwig. But I don’t know what do you guys think we should do?” Then suddenly sounded very sheepish as she shoved her hands into her pockets. Perhaps there was another way or the window for the meeting has passed. She felt quite dejected by the thought that Ludwig was already dead. Her eyes turned to Adrian whom she thought would have some ideas. He was always the one to turn to when you needed help.

violet.jpg

Violet didn’t have to wait long for a response as to who would take her. Adrian was always the peacekeeper of the group, and she knew to expect him to speak up. And so, he did. His voice cut through the thick air like a hot knife. He had acknowledged her, and then mentioned there was room in the car he and Liz were in. She glanced at their car, wondering about Liz a moment. She was always goal oriented, but Violet had to wonder if she too was more than just upset about the problem at hand. Afterall, She knew that Liz had the same compulsion as her. Surely there was at least a hint of possession involved. Or perhaps Liz was simply better at controlling it than Violet was. Violet wished she had that skill, but she suffered from jealousy and possession easily. She was even bothered when she was here and saw the Cam took Nadia from the group. Then Azreal was taken by some girl. Her blood could have boiled had she been human. How she wished she could have taken Nadia’s hand and pulled her away and back to the family. Or walked up and pulled that girls hair. But Violet knew better. People have free will and the rights to make their own choices. That’s what Edwina and Ludwig had taught her. So she was happy that getting into the club caused a bit of a problem for her. It helped her focus on a different task.

There it was…that smile. Violet’s attention and big eyes fell on Adrian as he then performed a feat she couldn’t understand. He playfully nudged Buck with his elbow, and then gracefully introduced Nadia and pulled her back into the land of the unliving. All the while he resonated with each of them (including herself) and their personalities. It was like watching a game of chess, where he swiftly moved each piece into place. Perhaps to the outside world she seemed like a silent, unamused observer. However inside she was eagerly analyzing his every move and word. How he had power over each of them was something she couldn’t understand. Was he simply being polite or was it his way of moving things along? She wasn’t sure but to put it simply, she was in awe of his tactics.

Buck’s car roared to life, and caught Violet off guard. Seemingly out of character for the quiet and alert one, Violet let a small gasp escape her lips and jumped. She turned as her focus that was once on Adrian now turned to Buck. Buck wasn’t a typical kindred. He was laid back and always up for any adventure ahead of them. Violet wasn’t sure how he was able to survive in a world of darkness such as this and be the way he was. And yet there he stood in front of her. She supposed he must be very strong and able to take on anyone that challenged him. She agreed with herself that was something admirable about him. She watched as he kicked something under the seat. Her curiosity was getting the better of her. Perhaps Buck had a few tricks up his sleeves she had not accounted for. She slowly cocked her head to the side as if that would give her a better view of what was now under the seat. It didn’t help so she returned her gaze to the family. She watched them all for a moment then quietly waited for a moment to speak. She made sure it was allowed. She never wanted to speak out of turn. She had learned the hard way speaking when not spoken to or given permission to led to horrible outcomes. Once she was sure she was allowed to speak, she spoke. “May I ride with Adrian and Liz to the park, and Buck after?” Adrian had kindly offered first, but she also wanted to explore what was under the seat in Bucks car. This seemed the perfect compromise…

A bit after Violet found herself regretting her decision as she clung to the seat of the car. At first, Violet considered asking Liz to teach her how to drive, but she quickly learned that perhaps that was not the best choice. It only took one look between Adrian and her to know that someone else needed to drive, and since she couldn’t drive, Adrian was the next best choice for survival. Violet began to wish that she was in the truck with Buck and the Judds, until Adrian took over. She began to calm down and think again, watching and analyzing Liz. She was always so perfect and flawless. This was out of character. Or maybe it was simply out of the character Violet knew. As they got out of the car, the pristine, a-track woman she once knew, was suddenly a bit vulnerable. Perhaps Liz was showing hints of obsession with Ludwig? No, that wasn’t it. She was showing that she deeply cared…but Ludwig was no possession of hers. Violet suddenly was interested now in how Liz was able to differentiate between possession…and caring. Perhaps she could ask Liz for help on that later…if Liz would be even willing to do so. She might need to offer a favor of something. She then looked to the family. They were at the park now and Liz was asking for suggestions. Violet closed her eyes and focused, her sense of hearing increased and she listened in on a few conversations at the park that were going on. There was a couple making out…some kids playing groundies, and then a conversation on favors and payment. That sounded like a good place to start. She stared at the direction that conversation was coming from with a great intensity. As if looking that way would highlight to the others that was the way to go. Violet wasn’t a fan of speaking unless spoken to, not to mention it was Adrian that was addressed, not her. So she would follow the family’s lead…for now.

1705288799796.png

The next few minutes were spent texting the one person she was happy to talk to tonight. As the messages flew back and forth between her and her adopted.........well child wasn't the right word, neither was niece. The relationship was more of a sister bond, but they were close nonetheless, close enough that she could complain to her about the dull party she was invited to.

[How's the party]

[Ugh, dull, I'll never understand why the party was held in a nightclub of all places]

[lol, it can't be that bad]

[You and I have very different ideas on what bad is]

[Well they're YOUR friends 🤣]

[Not the word I'd use]

The conversation continued for a few minutes before she told she was told to stay safe which was responded with a you too. Just as she finished her conversation, she was greeted by a familiar voice, a voice she had not heard in what seemed like ages followed with an introduction worthy of an eyeroll. She pulled her face away from her phone to find it was none other than her brother sporting a suit as always and blonde hair cut in a coiffed style that would be hard to miss. "Adrian?" She hadn't seen her brother, or anyone from her adopted family in what felt like years and to see someone like Adrian at a club was a rare sight. "Ex-Solar Sky, it's been years since I've been apart of that band" correcting him as she let out a chuckle at her brother's weird antics.

With reintroductions out the way, she was confused at her brother's comment "uh, join you? for what?" It had been the first time she had seen him tonight, what did he mean join them. Before she could get answers, she was greeted by another of her siblings she hadn't seen in a while and with quite a cold shoulder. "Good to see you too" she replied back, sarcasm implied, "Jeez, what's her problem" She asked. To say she was confused was an understatement, but it seemed like they were in a rush to get somewhere "What's going on? Where's everyone headed to?" And then it clicked, this was her best chance to get out of the dreadful predicament she found herself in and texted the rest of the group she came here with about a family matter that she had to attend to. "If it's a family matter, count me in. Adrian may I share a ride with you?" She glued her head back to the phone to send a quick message.

[Hey, something just came up, I'll be home late]

[Is everything okay?]

[Not sure yet, but it might take a while]

[Okay well, just be careful]

[you know me, I'm always careful, don't forget to lock up and don't stay up too late]

[Yes mooooom]

[Stow that sass young lady, or I'll pull you over my knee]

[:P]

[:blowkiss:]

Last edited:
~Buck...~
B2.png

As Buck sat there slouched in his truck, he turned back to face the other vampires one last time as he stared down his cheap aviator sunglasses at them with baited breath as to whom would come with him and whom would not. After that had been settled, he slammed his door which let out a loud metallic KLUNK! And as he began to drive, his radio began to blast and Buck sang along to the tune.

"Oh lord, it's hard to be humble! When you're perfect in every wayyy. I can't wait to look in the mirror... Cause I get better looking each day! To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man!" As Buck headed down side streets and residential areas and had enough time to stop off at a truck stop and get a quick snack from a random trucker. In and out quickly, quietly and most importantly unnoticed, he left like a father out to buy smokes.

Buck knew a shortcut and knew he had time to arrive at the park. Not long after he got out of his truck at the park in a secluded parking lot that went unnoticed by the people getting off the main road onto the park grounds.

the park was a large place and featured many trees. Tossibg his sunglasses on the dashboard, he got out and gave a homeless a buck dollar and a beer for some information. Mostly if he seen anyone unusual at the park or anything worth steering clear of. After getting the info he wanted, the man left and Buck began keeping an eye out for the others.

Last edited:
Azriel had decided to travel with Buck, as he seemed the least irritable between Elizabeth and him. Azriel was, unsurprisingly, not good with giving comforting words. He probably would've even said something that might cause the other Jewish vampire to become even more upset. "Have you ever considered not singing along with the music." He teased the other male vampire. Not that he minded the taller vampire's jovial action, even finding some humor in it. The dark-haired man watched as Buck gave a homeless man some alcohol and money for information. "Hm... a very peaceful method." Azriel simply stated. He wasn't one to shy away from violence (and most likely highly encouraged it), but he didn't blame others for solving matters peacefully. "The others should be here shortly." The golden-eyed enforcer began to scan the area inquisitively before they returned to look at the taller vampire.

Elizabeth watched the others as they arrived in the park with her. She wanted to plan carefully so as not to spook them. However, they would probably outnumber these bastards to get the information they need. “Let’s wait for them to appear and see if they're the people we’re looking for. We can hide in those bushes there. And if they are who we’re looking for we can ambush them. Any of you got a weapon?” She assumed that Buck or perhaps some of her rougher siblings would be armed. When her siblings did let he know if they were packing or not, she was ready to wait for the culprits. As the group was waiting behind some bushes Elizabeth was in front of everyone. She was prepared to jump at the first sign of recognizing the people who kidnapped her father. The group watched as joggers and humans walking their dogs passed by them. Nothing too suspicious for the time being. Elizabeth was biting her lip feeling quite anxious. She hoped they could spot the people Quaid was supposed to meet.

As time went on it seemed they may have missed their chance. Elizabeth was even considering telling the others this was a wasted effort. However, the group could see a man and a woman approaching the park bench in their periphery. At first, she didn’t think much of it but she had a strange feeling. “I’m gonna get a closer look, Someone has to cover me in case they see me.” Her eyes looked over at the other siblings. Whoever it was she would make her way out of the bush. Sneaking around so she was hiding behind a statue that was behind the bench. Listening to their conversation.

The two from what she could hear seemed to mention quite mundane things. Mostly saying how their night was. But what caught her ear was the mention of Quaid. Although it could have been anyone by the name of Quaid. But they mentioned something about meeting Quaid who was supposed to meet them. Elizabeth could hear them mentioning they were keeping the package somewhere in Manhattan Beach. Wanting to know the exact location she walked away from the statue, now walking on the path making it look like she was another jogger. However, she was prepared for a fight. Shoving her hands into her pocket but readied the switchblade in her pocket.

As she got closer towards the two she stopped in front of them. Kneeling to tie her shoes. Looking over at the others and signalling them to start surrounding them. Quickly stood up and took a seat between the two. “Nice night I can see so many stars out. It’s so pretty out.” Looking up at the sky before moving her arms around their shoulders.

“ Look lady we’re having a conversation here, why don’t you go sit somewhere else.” Elizabeth turned her head and smiled at the male vampire.

Oh, but this is a premo spot man. There’s no good spot in this spot but here. But what I want to see is my papa. And you're gonna tell me where he is.” And like a flash, she clicked her fingers together showing she had embedded the switchknife in her pockets into her wrist. The blade was now rubbing up against the male’s neck.

“What do you think you're doing you little bitch?” The male said with an angry look on his face. “We don’t know what you're talking about.” Adding while trying to get up. But was stopped when he felt the knife pressed up against his skin.

Don’t make a move, because if I can’t kill you then my siblings will be able to. Now you gonna tell me where you are keeping my father. Or you two can spend the rest of the night in sheer agony. The choice is yours to make.” She said with a menacing glare.

The woman was now looking visibly anxious as she looked around the area. Noticing the “siblings” coming towards them. “Shit, I don’t think she’s bluffing. Don’t hurt us and we’ll tell ya everything.” She got a death glare from the male.

Elizabeth ignored the male and turned her head to face the female. “Where in Manhattan Beach are you holding my father?

The girl quickly spilled the beans revealing they were holding Ludwig in an abandoned warehouse near the beach. The place would be heavily guarded, The reason for kidnapping him was so they could get information on some artifact. She didn’t seem to care about the artifact and seemed to care more about the whereabouts of Ludwig.

“You're dead.” The male furrowed his brow now angry at both Elizabeth and the female vampire. “You not gonna even gonna your foot in front of the building.” The male vampire smirked but this only made Elizabeth quite angry. The blade was now moving toward his heart threatening to puncture his heart.

We’ll need more information than that, how many are guarding the building? How heavily armed are they? Where are they holding Ludwig?” She asked waiting for the others to ask their questions.

Violet lost her concentration and then turned to Liz when she mentioned to hide in the bushes. She shrugged and followed quietly behind. They waited what seemed like forever. But Violet didn't mind. She was beside Nadia, analyzing her. It had been a while since she had seen her. Violet recalled the moment she had to leave was because she yelled at Nadia for spending so much time with some band and not her. Violet felt a bit embarrassed or perhaps nervous. It had been a long time since they had spoken. Violet tried thinking of the words to say. Perhaps she could apologize and things could get better? Violet kept thinking during the quite minutes that passed by. She hadn’t noticed that her hand had slowly reached out and grabbed a piece of Nadia’s shirt. When Nadia turned to see who was grabbing her shirt, Violet instantly let go. If it were possible for a kindred, she might have blushed from the embarrassment. She looked away, trying not to make eye contact. “S-Sorry.” Her quiet voice was barely audible.

Liz suddenly spoke up. Something about going ahead of them, which baffled Violet. It was a relief to be out of the awkward situation she had made for herself, but at the same time she wasn't ready to just let Liz run off into danger. Violet didn't have the words however to tell her to stop. She tried to reach out and take Liz's hand, to try and stop her. Violet's eyes burned with possession, the desire and anger starting to well up in her eyes that her sister was so nonchalantly walking straight into danger. She had already lost one person she wanted to keep; she wasn't going to lose another. She was going to go with Liz when she caught the eye of Nadia. The calm toreador seemed focused, and trusting of Liz. She felt Buck's hand on her shoulder, as if to reassure her that Liz knew what she was doing. She then glanced at Azriel who seemed to be thinking of plans a-z. Her siblings had this under control. She supposed being alone all these years that she felt she had to do everything herself. But it was at this moment she realized; she wasn't alone. Violet felt odd. Perhaps they too cared for each other? This possession wasn't needed if they returned the feeling of caring. Her eyes fell on Liz again. She was handling this situation very well. "I can't lose any of you." Violet spoke softly, as she took Nadia’s hand. “I already lost you once.” Violet knew the words she wanted to say to all of them now. "I still struggle...but I want us to be a family again." she looked at Nadia. "I am so sorry."

Liz gave the signal. It was time to focus. There was so much more to say, but it would have to wait. Violet wasn't going to risk losing Liz. Violet approached the two strangers with her siblings, keeping her eyes mostly on Liz to make sure she was safe.

You’re dead.” The man said.

Violets eyes were consumed once more with anger. One wrong move and she wasn’t going to sit by so quietly. She held Nadia’s hand a bit tighter, as if perhaps that would hold her back. They had their Lugwig. And now they dare threaten her Liz….Their Liz….Liz in general. “What stupid artifact was worth pissing us off for? And what connection does Quid have with Ludwig?” It took almost everything inside of her to not just start beating the information out.

Attachments

• violet.jpg
    violet.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back