• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy New World

"Huh, well I'm certain you'll get one of your ideals. But don't worry too much about it."
Sean flashes her as smile and a thumbs up before approaching the stone. As he approached, he felt the same feeling he had when he arrived. Something large and powerful that completely dwarfed him in comparison. Trying to shake this feeling, he placed both his hands against the stone. Waiting... and waiting.... and waiting... three minutes had passed and still he stared at the stone, his hands firmly placed against its side. After another minute he knelt down and tasted the water. Smiling he ran back to Mika.
"Hey! Hey Hey Guess what?" His smile suddenly dropped to a stone serious face. "That is definately water right there. Tastes as watery as water should."
Setting the bag down on the ground, he sat and looked up to her.
"Guess its your turn pal. No way both of us will turn out as nothing. Go get 'em."

She looks even more nervous now. She was partially joking, this isn't something that typically happens. "O-okay..." She slowly approached the stone, staring back at you in disbelief. Maki gulps, after three minutes have passed, a bit of steam starts to rise. It wasn't the exact one she was after, but fire isn't a bad magic group. She hops down, happy she didn't get anything lame like water. "I got fire!" She looks happy and looks into your eyes.
"If we start traveling now, we could get to the next town and only have to travel in the dark for an hour or two. It's a long walk to the next town. If we choose not to, we can spend today having a tad bit of fun and go tomorrow." She seems happy about both options. She turns around giving you a thumbs up and sticking her tongue slickly out of her mouth,

Sean tilted his head to the side, uncertain. " Its probably a better idea to wait until tomorrow. Traveling in the dark can be risky." He closed his eyes and shuddered at a distant memory, trying not to let his discomfort show. "Regardless, they had a few shops on the way here we may want to check out. Stock up on items or something. Monsters aren't exactly uncommon ya know?" He rolled up onto his knees to stand up and grabbed his bag.
"Just make sure if you do buy something, make sure to save enough money to get a room. I dont think you want to sleep in the streets."

Something about the way she said responsible says otherwise, not to mention the way she said it sounded kinda weird.
"Easy. You know me, responsible." She pointed out a place on the map and handed it back to you. "We'll stay the night in this inn okay? I'll meet you in the diner in it. I'm gonna go look for something to use my magic with. Hand spells are bad for the body." After saying that, Maki rushed off in a hurry, obviously excited to get the chance to use the magic, previously banned in the village, and most towns for that matter.

Sean sighed and went about his buisness. Obtaining a few items, giving the old worn down knife an upgrade. Mostly practical stuff, though soone he made his way to the inn and ordered his dinner, waiting for Mika somewhat impatiently. He hadn't bothered going back to the stone again. He felt that it was somehow at fault for his lack of magic.((Sorry, RPN was being weird and not giving me any notifications.))

Maki slowly reapproached the inn, kinda sliding over to you. She looked both excited and distraught. "Hey! Look I got a ring for my magic." It was a silver ring with a ruby in the middle the gem was cut in a rectangle, wrapping around the front quarter of the ring. "Pretty cool, right?! Now I can blast things with fire!"

Her face looked more nervous. "W-what? That's not fair..." She looked down at it and quickly back up as if to defend herself "It was just so entrancing, I couldn't help myself!" She crossed her arms "You should know better than to trust me with money."

"Well I do now. Good thing I still have half of my funds left." Sean sighed and slumped down on the table. "Order yourself a drink. And some food. I got us a room here. Damn everything here is expensive." He sipped from his mug of ale and continued to pick at the plate of potatoes in front of him.

She seems a little troubled by your helping but goes along with it for now. She walks over to the bartender and gets some ale. She doesn't get food immediately, instead she returns with the ale, drinking it. "I had a big lunch with my dad, he always makes too much. Breakfast I'll accept though."

"That's fair enough." Sean finished his pint and ordered another, and another. Halfway through his second his eyes went a little strange. "Ya know, Its really unusual being such a light weight compared to how I was be-" his body froze up. In an instant every muscle in his body tensed, tendons from the side of his neck stuck out and his skin beaded with sweat. Just as fast, he relaxed and slumped into his chair, groaning.

"S-sean...?" She turned her head sideways and leaned forwards towards you. She put her hand on your forehead and feels your temperature "No fever..." She puffed out her cheeks "Why are you being weird?" A large grin appeared on her face as she started giggling "You're already drunk, aren't you. Gotta go, easy man, we gotta travel a lot tomorrow"

"Fite me. I wouldn't be like this if-" he thought better of his words, "ah forget it. Im going to go pass out. Ill see you again at some point bud." He lurched off of the chair. Falling into his weird marching again as he headed towards the stairs.

She chugged the rest of her ale, handling drinks surprisingly well. She quickly followed you in pursuit, for she would not know the room without you. She enters the room right behind you. She then took off her minimal armor and weapons, stretching her aching muscles.

Sean flopped on the bed, his head throbbing and spinning from his slip up earlier. He grumbled and neglected to remove anything except his boots. A voice whispered to him again, slightly louder than before.
You should have known that this would have happened Patchy, Its no different from last time~
He pushed the incriminating voice from his mind and closed his eyes, dreading what was to come.

Maki walked over to the wooden bench, putting her bedroll on it. She quickly crawled in and rolled on her side. She was on her side, facing the wall. "You're different Sean." She gulped, not sure what to say "I don't know how to explain it, maybe I'm crazy." She laughed it off, closed her eyes along with her mouth, and tried to sleep.

In a flash, it was dawn . A pale blue light filtered in from the window and birdsong slowly began to seep through the walls. Sean's vision blurred when he opened his eyes and he fought off the urge to go back to sleep. He lay still for several minutes to allow himself to wake up. Making several short movements, Sean crept out of bed soundlessly. He stood over Maki, chuckling at her sleep face before soundlessly making his way downstairs to grab the two of them breakfast.

5 minutes passed. Next 10. She still wasn't up. Now that she was living her goal out, she didn't care how long she slept. Maki was still asleep.
There were no signs of her waking up soon either. While sleeping, Maki transitioned from sleeping on her side to sleeping backward, facing the air. She squirms a lot in her sleep.

Sean returned 45 minutes later with two plates of steaming eggs and bacon with a mug of light ale each. He set Mika's plate and mug near the bench she slept on. Picking up one slice of bacon, he waved it under her nose for a minute or so whispering "wakey wake mika" in a sing song voice. He let the salty aroma seep into the air. Then, he carefully tore the bacon into small pieces, laying them around her upper lip. The bacon mustache tickled a laugh from him, 'Heh, she kinda looks like a french soldier'. This was the sort of lives he enjoyed. Leisurely and carefree was the way to go. Action and drama were great at times. But he needed a break like this, just to get away from it all.

Last edited:
The smell of bacon combined with the feeling of something on her lip made her wake up. She immediately reached the bacon with her tongue, wasting no time. She sat up and grabbed a plate. "Food is great." She was too tired to actually speak more than that, but nothing was gonna stop her from eating. She started with both the bacon and eggs at once, cutting the eggs up a little and balancing it on a strip of bacon.

"Don't drop it, no pressure, NO PRESSURE " He teased, proceeding to drop some of his own food on his lap in the process. He cursed, but with a smile still on his face as he wiped the grease off of his pants. His method of eating was somewhat more animalistic as he ate each egg whole and then chugging half of the ale. Soon hiccups followed forcing him to lurch every couple seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back