• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other New Update Opinion?

can't say i'm so big a fan of the light version either. at my most honest, i think the gradients are tacky.

overall, though, i'd say my gripes with the update are small. once color me is back and the site's width is adjustable again, i'll be as happy as a clam. and, in any case, i'd have this version of the site any day of the week! that promising new bbcode is to die for!

can't say i'm so big a fan of the light version either. at my most honest, i think the gradients are tacky.

for the most part, though, i'd say my gripes with the update are small. once color me is back and the site's width is adjustable again, i'll be as happy as a clam. and, in any case, i'd have this version of the site any day of the week; that promising new bbcode is to die for!
I prefer the old one and maybe it's just bc I've used this site for a long time with several different accounts due to losing my passwords and all but yeah

I don't hate it. Like it's actually not a bad site design when not compared, honestly (except the color gradients that i totally agree on) but the old one just flowed quite a lot better in my opinion and I found it to make more sense, so it feels like they took a big step back to me. Idk tho.

And tbh I don't use bbcode ever so pff

Discounting habit and familiarity with the older version of the site, I think this new version works just as well as the previous. I actually like the Dark color scheme better, especially with the tags. I couldn't see some of the tags well with the previous version. I don't know if it's my monitor's setting or something, but the contrast and borders are better than before.

While I do think that it looks nice, I already miss the older version. Perhaps I just don't like change? I'm sure that I will get over it with time. ^^

I really hate not being able to adjust the sites width. That was one of the things that actually drew me into using this website. I hate forums that fill up the whole screen.

I really hate not being able to adjust the sites width. That was one of the things that actually drew me into using this website. I hate forums that fill up the whole screen.
That wasn't a feature I ever utilized, but the screen was always thinner for me anyway so I never had to. Now it's a bit too wide for me though and it's a bit of a bother...kinda feels like everything is getting pushed offscreen a bit?

That wasn't a feature I ever utilized, but the screen was always thinner for me anyway so I never had to. Now it's a bit too wide for me though and it's a bit of a bother...kinda feels like everything is getting pushed offscreen a bit?

Yeah! It feels like the screen is getting cut off and it makes me anxious for some reason

I do love it, being rather honest. With no sort of type of connection with the old version, this one seems more... organized. You know? I don't have that width and some of the pages going off screen issue but.. I'd say it's kind of a nuisance. Dark Theme in this new style REALLY brings things out for me than the last one. So I love it. (:

I remember the last time the site made a switch and I instantly hated it. Then I realised it was actually much more ergonomic than the previous gen. I'm not too sure how I'm going to warm up to this one, since it's more of a style change than a layout revolution, but I think I'll get used to it.

not really a fan, the site looked so nice! My main issues are that i'm quite lost in where i am somehow, like for instance the tab "forums" in the navigation bar doesn't give me the feeling that i'm going back to the home page of the site. And the other issue is that the site is way too wide for me, it's not adjusting nicely if i'm not in full screen mode (and i hate full screen). But i probably just need some time to adjust.

not really a fan, the site looked so nice! My main issues are that i'm quite lost in where i am somehow, like for instance the tab "forums" in the navigation bar doesn't give me the feeling that i'm going back to the home page of the site. And the other issue is that the site is way too wide for me, it's not adjusting nicely if i'm not in full screen mode (and i hate full screen). But i probably just need some time to adjust.

I'll be working on the size issues, it sounds like responsiveness isn't doing its job properly.

The tabs at the top of the site are the same as the ones for the past few years.

If I may suggest a workaround:
1. Install Stylebot as a browser extension (exists for Chrome and Firiefox)
2. Reload RpNation and open Stylebot (in Chrome, you click on the little "CSS" icon in the top-right corner and select "Open Stylebot...").
3. Click on the "Edit CSS" button at the bottom.
4. Paste in the following code (you can adjust the number to your desired width):
Code:
div.p-body-inner {
    max-width: 1200px;
}
5. Click on "Save"and close Stylebot's tab.
RpN's width should now be constrained to the width you set.

I realize this is not ideal, but until a more permanent solution is implemented (if it is implemented), this is the best I can suggest.

I like the streamlined options menus and such, and I'm SO glad tabs are back! Macros are pretty handy too. I thought it was fairly easy to relearn too. I probably won't be using it much, but the advanced coding looks very cool! I also like the ability to 'like' PM messages and to use different types of likes in different places. (Are those up yet? I haven't seen them...) That makes it a lot more fun and easier to understand/express what exactly was 'liked' in a post.

I agree that the Light theme is kinda clunky, but I prefer the Dark anyway, so it doesn't really affect me that much. I haven't decided what I think of the colors yet. I'll probably check out Color Me and use that once its available.

The biggest issue I have right now is how posts take up thr whole screen. That's useful on mobile, but really weird and kinda hard to read on my computer. Also, this may or may not be related to the update, but I'm suddenly experiencing major lag on my phone while on the site that makes it very difficult to type. My guess is that, if it is update-related, it will go away soon. But, I wanted to mention it in case anyone else is having a similar issue.

Overall, though, I think it's not bad! I think the new features and added functionality outweighs the minor aesthetic issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back