new shards

Well said. In my game, the only thing sufficiently interesting for the Sun to draw his attention away from the games was someone with the 7-pt Priest Merit. The Zenith had it, and she was probably his favourite solar because of it.

And I also agree that, when it comes to interruptions, the Sun probably wouldn't kill the Solar like some have suggested. The little that can be inferred from books about his character suggest instead that he'd be proud of his creations for having managed to get thus far.

Back to topic: I think that the UC, if he had enough motivations, couldn't make new Shards anyway. To do so in the first place, they needed the aid of a Primordial, and even if they could have done so without him, the Geas would have affected their creation, as the Primordials weren't stupid. It needed the trechery of a fellow Primordial to make Shards capable of fighting the Primordials.

Looking at the way Solar magic works, however, I'd say that with some extremely difficult circumstances, they could make a new shard. After all, they have the back-door-hax to creation, and used them with sufficient strength to kill the creatures that could make shards; what's to say that with that puissance they couldn't do the same?

However I believe the golden-child idea is too easy. Making a solar shard would be the pinnacle of a game, even more dramatic and amazing than purifying a tainted abyssal one. I'd say it would require pure wyld, and a lot of it (It's suggested that a moonsilver container can hold wyld like liquid), to form the raw power needed. It would require something to give it a "Pattern" for the spell to solidify, being either an advanced form of Wyld-Shaping technique or the sacrifice of a solar exalt or Golden-Child. Once offered the "Pattern", a collaborative solar spell requiring quite a few Solars fixes the pattern and amplifies it to critical mass, as it were.

From thence is a solar born, and released into the world.

However, doing so would likely raise trouble from on-high. The Solars have just shown that they can wield the power to make their own army. Even something as 'minor' as a solar spell to exalt someone as a terrestrial would terrify the gods, as now the Exalts have the power to crush heaven at ease if given time to prepare. Whether or not that's their intention, the Gods wouldn't stand for the chance. I like to think that they didn't help in the Usurpation partly out of fear of the Solars; if the DBs won, their chief rivals would be gone. That, and they could ditch their jobs and dick about for centuries.

Samiel said:
However, doing so would likely raise trouble from on-high. The Solars have just shown that they can wield the power to make their own army.
Well, this was what I had posted concerning the numbers...

The number of Solar Exalts could not exceed the number set for by the gods' date=' but the original numbers could be regained.[/quote']
The intent wasn't to create an innumerable army of Exalts of any kind, merely to regain the numbers of Celestial Exalted that were originally created (of course, 100 united Solars would be an army).  The Solars literally, for some reason I havent come up with yet, cannot exceed their or the Lunars original numbers (mine, not canon) of 400 Solars and 500 Lunars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back