new shards

orionstark1482

since the number of solars has been cut in half and things are heading from bad to worse. do you think that it is possible that Sol Invictus would make a few more?

"What's that, Creation's going to Malfeas in a handbasket, the Malfeans' pawns are threatening, and everything's about to come apart at the seams? I should really do something...wait, Venus is about to finish her turn, and I'm up next. I'll do something after my turn..."

--As seen in a dreamstone, by a soon-to-become-torqued-off Greater God.

"What's that, Creation's going to Malfeas in a handbasket, the Malfeans' pawns are threatening, and everything's about to come apart at the seams? I should really do something...wait, Venus is about to finish her turn, and I'm up next. I'll do something after my turn..."
i would agree with you but in GOD it says that the Unconquered Sun is not addicted to the GoD as the other celestials are.

Eh?

I am pretty confident all of the Incarna are high on Godcrack. Else, why would Sol Invictus not really care about his children?

sssssz said:
Eh?
I am pretty confident all of the Incarna are high on Godcrack. Else, why would Sol Invictus not really care about his children?
While I agree with you that he is addicted like all others I'd say he mainly doesn't care about his children or didn't care cause they disappointed him. On the other hand he has been showing his face again... not sure how far his addiction really goes.

orionstark1482 said:
i would agree with you but in GOD it says that the Unconquered Sun is not addicted to the GoD as the other celestials are.
 He did promise to do something after his turn...

Anyone else suspect UCS had something to do with the bone behemoth not managing to capture all the shards? There was just an undefined error and half of them got away, so the Deathlords banished the construct to Creation, where it patrols the ruins of the Jade Prison.

Hmmm, story element.

Luna seems to be the Incarna with the least addiction to the GoD. She makes a lot more appearances around the place. Maybe she has a higher tolerance due to being allowed make a few moves by Gaia before the overthrow of the primordials, or possibly, she's just too ADHD to concentrate on them.

I don't think it's stated anywhere that Gaia plays in the GoD; otherwise, Games would have given a sky condition for when Gaia is leading.

That's another good reason why Luna doesn't pay as much attention to the GoD; reference Hanat's opinion on deciding between nookie and gaming...  8)

If you think things are bad now, what makes you think they were any nicer during the war against the Primordials?

In other words, this many Solars may be as many as he's capable of making, or as many as can be "maintained" (whatever that may mean in your game), or as many as the world can cope with.  The fact that half are corrupt or lost probably doesn't change this.

No, the Solar shards are completely severed from UCS. That's the whole point of them. That's why they weren't affected by the Primordials' geas against treachery.

Before I had found the rules in the Player Guide regarding what happened to Half-Castes that exceeed Essence 3, I was considering making it so that the Celestial Half-Caste would actually become a new Essence shard.

Once the Half-Caste had purchased all the merits that made them as close to their Exalted parent/s as possible, managed to aquire the appropriate number of starting charms for their respective Exalt type, then went on to exceed Essence 3, they would shed their mortality like godbloods that exceed Essence 3 and become a new Celestial Exalted Essence shard.  This way, they would achieve a form of immortality.

This works to prevent the building of Exalted dynasties just like the gods wanted as well.  There really wouldn't be a reason for whoever received the new shard to be loyal to the shard's parent/s.  Anyway, juat an optional setting idea I may use in one of my games someday.

might... CONCEIVABLE work...

But could easily blossom out of control if your not careful

and if I was the US and I decided to take a break from the GoD for a few minutes and do something I'd go

"oh please order an immediate audit against chejop Kejak For the following list of charges... I want him eaten By a celestial Censor."

then off handedly "by the way, luna, honey, would you mind ordering all your exalts to kill mask of winters?"

I have a story idea where a Night Caste Solar goes to Yu-Shan, sneaks into the Jade Pavilion, discovers what the big cheese has been doing all these years and bitches him out about it.

He gets his crap together and helps save Creation.

Okay, geeky, I know.

I like the number of 1000 Celestial Exalts.  To me it seems that an even 1000 is more auspicious or significant than a apparently random number such as 700.

might... CONCEIVABLE work...
But could easily blossom out of control if your not careful

and if I was the US and I decided to take a break from the GoD for a few minutes and do something I'd go

"oh please order an immediate audit against chejop Kejak For the following list of charges... I want him eaten By a celestial Censor."

then off handedly "by the way, luna, honey, would you mind ordering all your exalts to kill mask of winters?"
I think I may have a way of pulling it off.  Based off the numbers given throughout several 1st Edition books, I had tallied the number of Celestial Exalts to be about 700 which is what is stated in the new 2nd edition Core.  Now, also in the Core it states that during the Primordial Wars, god and Exalt alike were destroyed.  My numbers of Celestial Exalts prior to the Primordial Wars is:

Solars - 400

Lunars - 500

Sidereals - 100

During the Primordial Wars 300 Celestial Exalts were destroyed.  200 Lunars and 100 Solars.  Completely destroyed, Exalted Essence shard and all.  Only the Primordials possessed such power.  Neither the Malfeans nor the Yozis possess this kind of power now.  They are shadows of their former selves.

At the end of the First Age, Solars created vast harems to sate their lusts on.  Or perhaps, part of the reason they did so was that after several thousand years, they realized that they could rebuild the number of Solar Exalted.  They could accomplish this through a combination of Golden Half-Castes that exceeded Essence 3 and a Solar Circle spell (Hence the reason the Lunars haven't rebuilt their Exalted numbers yet) cast upon them at the precise moment of their would be Essence advancement.  The number of Solar Exalts could not exceed the number set for by the gods, but the original numbers could be regained.  By bribing Sidereals (somehow), the Solar would have the host of the brand new Solar Essence shard located, and brought to him/her.  Their purpose in doing so would be to harvest a powerful servant that they believed (in their madness and hubris) that they could control forever.  Then the Usurpation happened and all the Solars and their Golden Children were slaughtered before any could gain the chance to produce a new Solar shard.

There could be other things required to pull this off, such as getting the Unconquered Sun's approval (much like the case for the redemption of an Abyssal) for the creation of a new shard.

Morninglight said:
I have a story idea where a Night Caste Solar goes to Yu-Shan, sneaks into the Jade Pavilion, discovers what the big cheese has been doing all these years and bitches him out about it.
He gets his crap together and helps save Creation.

Okay, geeky, I know.
You are at the 50 yard line at the Superbowl.  A small squirrel enters the field* and runs up to you and squeaks its heart out.  It's a cute squirel, and you even understand that it is talking about that little place called the rest of the world . . . but it doesn't understand the real world, the football game about start (and the wardrobe malfunctioning half-time events), or the fact that you are the one running it.  You smile at the squirrel and tolerantly have it removed from the field with a warning not to interrupt again on pain of permanent death.

This is, undoubtedly, a parallel of a portion of the US's viewpoint regarding Creation vs. the GoD.

------------------------------------------------

* After a heroic journey entering and navigating the service halls, including avoiding or living through the rodent-slaying mechanisms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back