• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy New Oasis: Four Heavenly Kings — The B-Sides

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
TEDDIE TUCKER
SCENE:
Friends Who Slay Together Stay Together
The Tucker's House, North District Outskirts
TIME:
Post Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Celeste, Teddie
FRIENDS WHO SLAY TOGETHER STAY TOGETHER

Crash!

“Ahh! Hahaha!”

The chaos Celeste entered would not have been a surprise. Carlisle Tucker squealed with delight as she knocked over a tower of blocks in the centre of the room, her clothing covered in dirt. The door the guest would’ve been welcomed through hung loosely, barely attached to its hinges, and chips of wood from it had been strewn across the floor the baby was playing on.

“Oh watch your step, deary. We had a bit of a fight last week.” Eliza looked back at Celeste for a moment, her face half made up with heavy makeup. She looked back to the mirror on the wall, the only thing that seemed to be intact. “Not against eachother. Someone broke in and tried to take the TV.” She swiped mascara across her lashes vigorously.

“It’s fine, it’s fine. We couldn’t salvage the TV-” The TV was on the floor, the screen bashed in. As Teddie spoke, he kicked it over. “-but we got something much better in return, kehehehe.” Teddie shook his head, something was far too funny, but he didn't elaborate.

“Something much, much better… Hoo… Ahh Celeste, Celeste, how have things been? We don’t see you enough-”

“Why don’t you visit more!”

“Why don’t you visit more!” Teddie echoed his partner, smiling at Celeste. “We want to hear from you! We want to know how things are going.”

Carlisle babbled a bit, toddling towards her favourite human in the world - Celeste, of course. She wrapped sticky hands around her leg, maybe the only one in the family who realised she was in need of some comfort.

ERIC EVENSEN
SCENE:
Ours and Ours Alone
TIME:
Post Arc 3 || June 20th, 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Eric, Sebastian, Hiachi, Takakazu, Dante, Kisara
Ours and Ours Alone
Passeri's unnthusiastic response was met with Eric dropping any sort of playful act. Sometimes comedy could serve alleviate one's distress and worry, such was the goal of the detective with his entrance. But it did not take an investigator's perception to notice such uplifting would serve no benefit to his friend as she stood. "We're on the case, I promise we'll find the others" A single brow was raised as the woman revealed a thick piece of lavender paper, her thin fingers extending the object in offering. "They certainly didn't tell us as much as I would've hoped" He proclaimed, staring at the concert ticket now laying on his hand. "If this belongs to our culprit, well it seems like we have a bit of a fan in the case" From the inner flap of his suit, he pulled out a single sealed back, before place the potential evidence inside, now safely kept within his attire.

Lacking in fanfare, the building's front door eventually revealed itself, proudly standing as a standalone figure, its glass doors revealing a place beyond that should not be. It was reminescent of old storybooks, telling stories of wondrous worlds inviting unsuspecting children into their domain, some ended in valuable lessons to carry over through adulthood, and some serving as cautionary tales to respect the unknown. Eric was not familiar with the building, but the door's design felt familiar all the same, perfectly fitting to the rest of the nearby architecture.

"Oi, Passeri" Unsurprisingly, she ignored his call, proceeding on her own towards the door, just like the children from the stories, she showed no hesitation to brave the veil. Eric sighed, taking his hands out of his pockets. He turned to Sebastian briefly. "I'm heading in as well, feel free to stay if you want, nothing good's coming out of this invitation." Skipping over, Eric followed closely behind, fueled by equal measures of worry for his friend, and an unequivocal curiosity.

Stepping inside, the off feeling was palpable in the air. Subtle changes in the temperature were enough to make one's skin react, Passeri's words echoing with reason beyond her own familiarity. "Not exactly a frequent visitor...but I feel it, It's like a slightly tilted frame" He eyed around the area, again, nothing felt particularly out of place. That was until his eyes locked at a window next to the entrance. What would have normally been a view to the outside had been replaced for one back to the lobby, an impossible angle of vision that felt right at home with the initial otherwordly entrance.

Screams from the outside called for someone to stop, Corporal Rugal's abated breaths cutting of his demands as a new figure entered the building. A striking mane of bubblegum strands poorly concealed by a hoodie stood out like a sore thumb. "And who might you be?"

At best, another head to worry about. At worst, an immediate threat. While Eric stood in no combat position, his hands, hidden in his pockets once again, were ready to react if necessary.

Hiachi Ito
SCENE:
Fighting A Wild Animal Seems Scary Until You Get Hungry
DATE:
Central
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiachi, Tak, Dante
Fighting A Wild Animal Seems Scary Until You Get Hungry

Hiachi was the silent one of the group as they approached the gates. One thing was clear—whatever rapport Dante and Tak had was something Hiachi would never understand. Her brothers were like that with their friends. Insulted each other so often, the idea that they were friends was outlandish. Even as Dante went to pick up the trash can Tak had pummeled over, they spoke in a language only they could understand.

She didn’t get it, so she chose to occupy herself by kicking a pebble on the sidewalk in a triangle instead. Right now, she was on her tenth, eleventh, twelfth consecutive kick…

Until her focus was snapped by Dante suddenly addressing the two of them. The promise of free ice cream caught her attention.

As she went to give Dante an answer, Tak cut her off. Not for any good reason, either. Hiachi didn’t care for the Iroi ice cream. She didn’t even know it existed. It did sound good though, even if she had learned of it through Tak’s frighteningly accurate description of the food.

“...I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m not an ice cream connoisseur.” Whatever “real ice cream” meant couldn’t have been how he described it. Or maybe it was; he had just recited that Passeri Park ice cream verbatim. It didn’t sway her decision, though. “I’m not getting ice cream anyway. I want sherbet.”

While chocolate and cookies were good ice cream additions, it was too hot for Hiachi to consider it. In the heat, all Hiachi could think about were the fruit-flavored freezer pops her mom bought during summer vacation. There was nothing quite like it—the bright colors that matched the flavors, biting down on the plastic wrapper to get chunks of the treat free from the whole, downing the melted syrup after being outside for too long… There was no other choice.

She doubted a zoo’s ice cream shop would have freezer pops—those were penny treats. At a zoo like this, the most pretentious flavors were available. However, that meant they had to have sherbet.

She took the entrance ticket from Tak and moved closer to the entrance gates. She wasn’t going to be the one to check them in of course, so she instead took the moment to look at some of the posters on the outside of the zoo’s walls.

One particular poster caught her eye:

R8B3nHd.png

Hiachi fixated on the poster. She wouldn’t dream of mentioning it out loud, but she was interested. She had always had an affinity for arctic environments. Upon being asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, little Hiachi would always answer that she wanted to be a scientist in the southernmost hemisphere.

She could recall a conversation clearly in her head…

“Wouldn’t that be lonely?”

“The penguins would be my friends. And I would live in a house next to a colony. And then I could—I would research the migration patterns and track the population growth and decay… so I could help them live longer…”

“I would hate that. Don’t you think being a famous singer is much cooler?”

…It had gone like many: dismissing Hiachi’s interest in the topic entirely. Now that she was an adult, she had put the notion behind her. Didn’t mean she had lost interest in arctic animals entirely, though.

HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
Open Your Eyes
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, Hide
OPEN YOUR EYES

Nobody dared to look him in the eye. Nobody dared to stand on the pavement while he stormed past. Voices fell to silence, rising only to faint whispers when he was out of earshot. The troubled child of Lyric, one of the wild beasts sat at her feet. The lover of Reika, her protege, her successor. The mad Queen. The last monarch standing.

They had heard how many kills he had under his belt. They knew everything he cared about would slip out of reach. Reika lays still in her bed. Lyric remains lost beneath her empire. The Princess of Wonderland had her knights whisk her away. They knew he thought he could solve every issue with the swipe of his blade. He wanted them to get out of his head.

It wasn’t his fault.

He would fix things.

Who does she think she is? People think they can run wild now. He’s looking for a fight, I know it. None of them are loyal. They’re all a bunch of fucking snakes. Shut up. SHUT UP.

Hector was exhausted, he was frantic. His body itched all over. His head was full of noise. His empty socket ached. He walked without aim but he needed to do something. He needed someone now. He needed anything now. He had to gather a team. He had to call Boltius. His head wasn’t big enough for both crowns. He needed, he needed-

Hide. Hide stood right there.

Hide, you were there. Why are you here? What does your face say, does it say I’m a fucking loser? Are you going to turn your back on me? Will you turn your back on me like all the others? Why didn’t you help me? We could’ve won. What are you doing, Hide? Why don’t you-

”LOOK AT ME WHEN I’M TALKING TO YOU.”

The first thing he said.

Hector kicked over a trash can, its contents spilling over both their feet. The street was filled with statues. If you don’t move, it won’t notice you.

”Hide.”

He kicked the trashcan again. Off into the street it went. Who put it in his fucking way. Was it you?

”I was looking for you. We need to talk.”

HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
Torment Builds Character, Right?
PARTICIPANTS:
Gideon, Hector
TORMENT BUILDS CHARACTER, RIGHT?

Hey, not every Phoenix was gonna be a star. Even with their vetting process, a couple of lousy recruits still slipped in every year. None of those cases were what Hector was concerned with today.

Ring!

A bell chimed as Hector opened the door, where he was immediately met with a warm aroma. Coffee. Cake?

“Hello!”

He had given no warning before dropping in, it would be all too easy for him to escape that way. Even now, Hector eyed the staff door for any activity as he approached the counter. Hopefully, he had the right timing, but of course he did. He’s Hector Goddamn Moses. Time would bend to his will if it were a Phoenix.

”If it isn’t my very. Good. Friend.” And there he saw him, the poor old thing. Gideon Gray. The barista, the evil mastermind, the scaredy cat. Maybe Hector shouldn’t be wasting his time on the guy, but Gideon was his own worst enemy. His attempts to draw attention away from himself only drew Hector further in. He knew there was brilliant potential tucked away there, all he had to do was get him out of his comfort zone.

”I have great news for you. You’re coming with me.” Hector jumped, sliding over the countertop. China shattered, and milk spilled all over the place. Grabbing Gideon by his collar, he went the proper way back out, dragging Gideon with him like an unruly child. ”Oh, actually.” Hector pushed Gideon away from him, as though the roles were reversed. ”Make me a fucking coffee first.”

He’d make a fine soldier out of him yet.

Hyun Moon
SCENE:
Be My Guest
TIME:
Post-Arc 3 | June 7th, 2022
West District, Totally Metal Derelict Lot
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Hyun, Dagger
Be My Guest
There was just a small delay in Hyun's response. For a couple of seconds, he pondered his life choices. He was gonna act the part of a goon, eh? No. To be more precise, he was one. He had to be one. To achieve his ambitions he once again had to start from the bottom. Very well, he'd be the greatest goon the world has ever seen! For a while at least.

"Very well." Hyun replied, his voice calm and emotionally neutral. He leaned forward in the van's worn-out passenger seat, trying to ignore the van's peculiar scent, as he met Passeri's gaze. His slightly annoyed look was, as always, his "default" face. He wasn't annoyed by the task at hand at all. It suited his skills at least. Yet there he was, cursed to forever look like someone told a joke louder than him. Luckily, he could still make other faces, so he smiled slightly to soften his facial expression, at least a bit.

Shifting his attention to Dagger, he gave a slight nod to acknowledge the other senior member. He was well aware this was a test for him, and he planned to achieve it without reliance. If possible that is. He knew things didn't always go according to plan.

"Is there any information on the abilities of these punks at all?" Most goons would just blindly go for the juggular and ask no questions at all, but Hyun was not that type. He would be a rare speciment among goons. A slightly smart one.

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit simj26 simj26

YONG-YUT SOMSRI
SCENE:
Just Sweet Enough
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, YY
Just Sweet Enough
“Tch.” She rolled her eyes, bemused by the threat. What was more amusing, though, was the swift motion of each of the patrons averting their gazes, hoping to be spared from the Queen’s wrath. Luckily for them, he was stuck in a conversation with Yong-Yut.

Though, it’d be hard to say how much that would really hold him back if push came to shove. But this was no time for that.

She looked up towards Hector. Her expression lightened just as his voice lowered, a gentle shimmer resting in her eyes.

“You talk a lot, Hector.” Not an insult in the least; at least, not anymore. She shifted. “My birthday was fine. I hung out with Vulken, but really, I don’t typically celebrate.” She paused. “Don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I cut all my hair off, too.”

WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten

HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
Just Sweet Enough
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, Yong-Yut
JUST SWEET ENOUGH

"I know I do. It's just who I am. I don't think you talk enough." Poking fun again. It was refreshing to do so in this context, knowing he wouldn't receive a dirty look in response. "Hey, I'd rather have more of you instead of all the guys that never shut up." His eyebrows raised in surprise when Yong-Yut pointed out the new look. Of course, he'd already noticed, but the teeniest bit of manners he still had had stopped him from pointing it out. He figured she wouldn't appreciate his usual way of going about pointing things out.

"Must've been a celebration, crazy one at that. My birthdays are always crazy, but I never cut my hair off. Or what, did Vulken put gum in your hair? Should I go beat him up?" He leaned forward, briefly concerned that his assumptions were correct. Surely nothing could've torn Yong-Yut apart from her beloved long locks. "Hey, it ain't a bad thing though. It'll grow back, and if you ask me, I think it looks pretty fucking cool. Short hair's more practical, y'know. It'll make your biking easier."

He felt his own. Looking at theirs made his feel so much heavier. "You'd suit hair like mine though."

LIZZIE K. COLEMAN
SCENE:
Lady Madonna
TIME:
June 24th, 2022 | Post Arc 3, Timeskip 1
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Eric.... Residents of the South
MISS DEMEANOR (Lady Madonna)
Like a starting engine, MEATLOCK wheezed and then boomed, laughter echoing through the building.

“FUNNY! You’re funny! How funny! I don’t like your look.” In an instant, MEATLOCK was glaring, scrutinizing the inoffensive, blank expression on the totally-not-a-detective’s face. What was with this guy?

Their gaze fell down towards his hand. In awe, they grinned. They nodded to a beat which quickly hastened as their excitement picked up. What a guy!

Once his display was over, they applauded. “Encore, encore! Oh, nevermind—” their hands swiped the bowl out of his.

In one chug, they downed as much of the soup as they could. One swoop, and the remains that stained their lips were now on their arm.

They smacked their lips.

They looked at the bowl. They looked at the volunteer. They looked back at the bowl, now with an unsettled expression. They looked back at the volunteer.

“The fuck is THIS?” The bowl was shoved directly into the man’s arms. “Not chicken noodle soup, it’s not! You take a look at this and tell me if you think this is edible. Newsflash! It isn’t! Who do you think you are!?” They slammed their hands down, leaning forward towards him. “I’ll tell you! The human equivalent of a PARTICIPATION TROPHY.” Their hands rapped against the counter. Each beat left a bigger mark. “Do you think this is funny, wise guy? You get me a REAL bowl’a soup, and it better be GOOD.”

“... PLEASE!”

Roda the Red Roda the Red The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

YONG-YUT SOMSRI
SCENE:
Just Sweet Enough
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, YY
Just Sweet Enough
“No, no,” she sat up, shaking her head. “Vulken would never. Not if he knows what’s good for him.” Her gaze met the road outside the window. “...I cut it off on purpose. By choice.”

As much of a choice it could’ve been, anyway.

“Thanks, Hector. I like it, too. I’m not sure how long I’ll let it grow, but I...”

His hair… an indescribable expression crossed her face. She’d always thought his haircut was stupid— very redneck-y, with a vibe that came across as ‘no brain cells available.’ She did, however, remember a time when her hair was around the same length as his is now. Albeit, hers was cooler.

In fact, it was about that long when they’d met.

“Maybe.”

How funny how the tables had turned. Then, Hector’s hair was short and Yong-Yut’s was long. Now, Yong-Yut had short hair and Hector’s was shoulder-length.

Hm.

“I just think it’s funny how fast things change.” Her tone turned melancholic.

Reminiscence Dedai
SCENE:
What the Dirt Remembers
East, Heiwana Sasayaki Summer Camp (Abandoned)
TIME:
May 20, 2022 | 9:57 PM
PARTICIPANTS:
Rem, Hiachi
What the Dirt Remembers
Rem’s hand hovered in the air uncomfortably. A full minute of awkward silence, with Rem’s arm getting more tired as each second passed.

Hiachi stared, and Rem waited.

Eventually, the girl came to, and Rem’s hand was graced with the ability to rest. In response to her question, she shrugged. “I just remembered.”

…Well, that wasn’t a very good explanation. After a moment, Rem elected to elaborate.

“It just so happens that I was thinking of… here. I was thinking of …my fleeting moments here. I felt…

"Heartbroken.

"So I came here to mend it.”

Code word for ‘drink until she passes out.’

“I was on my way out. That was until I saw your silhouette in the trees. So I came to say hi.”

Rem looked off towards the lake. It was stagnant, now, with the moon’s eye reflecting off the surface. The mud Rem was sitting on was sticky, and most definitely staining her pants at the moment. The breeze was gone, and with that, the clouds were still. Her hand clutched the empty glass bottle.

She looked to Hiachi, whose wet bangs had split-ends and whose skin was textured and dry despite the water.

Hiachi now was not much like Hiachi then.

Hiachi then was much better cared-for. Likely because they were ten, and Hiachi had parents.

Hiachi now looked… rather terrible. In nine years, what could’ve changed? And…

“...What brought you back here, though?”

miki miki

CHARLIE HUGHES
SCENE:
[The Hellion Charge]
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1, May 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Hide, Charlie
The Hellion Charge
Charlie sighed with great relief as he caught a glance of his partner in (literal, albeit not right now) crime, a warm smile and enthusiastic handwave welcomed the monochromatic man clad in sable cotton. "Hide! I'm so happy you made it, with time to spare, too!" The rookie knew he could count on his falsely-spectacled friend. He knew that deep down, their friendship was strong and was able to overcome their differences, and NOTH- ...Most things could probably not break it.

He had almost no reaction to Hide brushing his hair, his eyes simply drifting to the direction his locks had been moved, not like he could really SEE the change anyways, he was no snail. "Thanks! You look quite dashing, yourself!" He gave the man a couple playful pokes to the side with his elbow. "Try not to let our client not fall for you, 'kay?" He giggled, a more playful tone to his attitude now that his biggest worry was gone. The next one was to make sure he didn't snap, but that was something that would matter later, for now he just enjoyed waiting with the panda head.

A few minutes passed, idle chatter between the pair stopping as a large limousine made its way infront of them. First, the driver walked off, professional expertise showcased as he approached the side door of the vehicle, which slowly opened, revealing the man within. One step after the other, a handsome man in his fifties stepped up, putting his cellphone inside of his luxurious pants' pocket as he approahed the phoenixes.

"Good Morning, Gentlemen!" Unexpectedly to his status, the man greeted them warmly, even something with a talent for reading people's faces would notice a blatant lack of condescension.

"Good Morning, Mr. Gulliver!" The rookie responded, giving a light bow in response.

"Please, just Glenn is fine, but you guys didn't come here to talk to a sac of bones like me! As you know, my dau-"

"DADDYYYYYYYYY"

Tackled from behind, the old man groaned in pained. A short, silver-haired girl wrapping her arms around him tightly. Her leaned over from behind her father's back.

2df27eda6228780bd0801d82772c09542f5c1af4 (1).png

"Huh...So it's these guys, huh?" Her eyebrow raised, a look of skepticism in her eyes.

"Good Morning, Miss Gwen!" Charlie's voice turned more suave at the presence of woman of the hour. "It's great to meet you, my name is Cha-"

"Daddy I told you I wanted them hunkier! This one looks like a ghost and that one like a girl!"
She uttered by pointing a finger at the two, possibly not in the most respectful of ways.

Charlie stopped on his tracks, the psychological damaged caused by the girls words staggering him, he remained silent, his mouth open without a single sound coming out.

"Angel! I told you to be more respectful! There two good men took time aside of their extremely busy schedules just so they can keep and eye on you, and I've been guaranteed that they're nothing but the best of the best!"

The girl sighed, disappointed in the men chosen with the great honor of keeping her company and keeping her safe. "Well, I guess they're cute enough, in a way, name's Gwen" A shit-eating grin on her face as she placed her hands on her hip.

Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

Gideon Gray
SCENE:
Torment Builds Character, Right?
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Gideon, Hector
TORMENT BUILDS CHARACTER, RIGHT?
Today was shaping up to be a good shift. As winter was turning to spring, the trees had begun to sprout their flowers, yet the weather was still brisk enough that Gideon could wear a nice overcoat outside. And in spite of that, the sun was shining through the French windows of the quaint coffee shop that Gideon worked at.

And to top it all off, everything went smoothly today. No bitchy customers. No outrageous drink orders. The tip jar wasn't too empty. Gideon prayed that everything would keep going smoothly.

Perhaps that wish jinxed everything.

As Gideon was preparing a drink for a customer, the front door jingled and opened. In a monotone, but significantly less harsh voice than his usual tone, he said, "Welco--"

Halfway through that welcome, a chill gripped Gideon's heart as he heard that customer's voice, causing him to stop. What about it was so terrifying? Gideon looked up from his work to look eye to eye with his boss-- his terrifying boss-- Hector Moses. Immediately, Gideon felt his skin go clammy. Oh no. Why was he here?

"Ye-yeah, good to see you, Hector. Friend." Gideon stuttered out. He finished the drink he was working on, and he placed it on the countertop, "Order for Audrey."

Unfortunately, there was going to be no order for Audrey. Gideon looked on in aghast horror as Hector vaulted over the countertop, knocking the coffee over and crashing onto the ground. The ceramic cup shattered, spilling coffee everywhere. At this point, Gideon was frozen in fear. If it were anyone else, Gideon would be shouting 'What the fuck?!' Instead, since it was Hector, Gideon had to keep his thoughts to himself.

"I'll remake it," Gideon's manager, Miles, piped up. He seemed rather calm in this situation. It wasn't as if Gideon's manager didn't know who Hector Moses was. But from what Gideon knew, Clark's Cafe was protected by the Phoenixes. So perhaps that was why Miles was able to keep himself together.

It was as if Gideon was a ragdoll as he was dragged to the back of the house towards the employee exit. But he was suddenly released halfway through, and the demand for a coffee rang emptily in Gideon's skull before it registered, and Gideon began to work.

"One coffee, okay. That'll be $2.50," Gideon said, going on autopilot. Then he met Hector's eye, and as a cold sweat dripped down his back, he backtracked, "Actually, that'll be on the house."

With that, Gideon moved towards the coffee machine, a mechanical whirr and the delicious smell of freshly ground coffee filling the air when he turned it on. Gideon relished that sound. It meant that he didn't have to make conversation with Hector. Needless to say, Hector scared Gideon. Hector was a killer. He was infinitely chaotic and impossible to predict. He was a menace, and nothing expressed that more than the bizarre set of t-shirts that he wore.

But eventually, the coffee grinder automatically turned off. And when Gideon was left holding the last unshattered ceramic kettle waiting for the coffee grounds to bloom, he had no choice but to fill the silence with words. "So. Queen Moses. What do you want from me? Why are you bringing me along instead of someone else? I'm still on my shift."

Gideon's hands shook as he watered the coffee grounds into a paper cup. It took only a minute, and the cup of coffee was ready. He pulled off the dripper from the cup and offered the cup to Hector along with a lid. "One pourover coffee. Uh. Help yourself to cream and sugar I guess."

Kisara McDowell
SCENE:
Ours and Ours Alone
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Eric, Sebastian, Hiachi, Takakazu, Dante, Kisara
Ours and Ours Alone

A couple of officers had finally attempted to pull the woman away, but for all their attempts, she was like a brick wall. She barely even shifted as their arms tugged vainly away at her, only just shifting her jacket uncomfortably across her inner shirt. Their voices and their words were lost to her, as she continued to survey the site. When will it appear? When will it open up again? Was there a ritual involved? Or was it simply some kind of creature that only opened its jaws when it was starving?

None of those questions mattered. She felt it, the space in front of her beginning to shift and distort. She shot up and backed away, pulling the officers with her. Something in the air seemed to pop. She felt a surge of electricity run through her heart. It was here. The beast was revealing itself. And there, the front doors that just materialised from thin air, those were its fangs. Its gaping maw. This was a trap.

And there was no better way of disarming a trap than setting it off. A snarling grin came across her face. With as much effort as one would flick a fly off their shoulders, she shrugged the officers off her, and strode straight up to the doors, arriving beside a young woman with stark, long hair and a young man with dark brown hair, tinged with yellow. She thought she recognised the from somewhere, but that wasn't important now.

"There's something here," she said to no one in particular. That which dwelled here was of bigger import than the civilians and the cops. She had to find the source. She had something to prove. It was more vital than discovering the truth of the matter. If she destroyed the source, she would be stronger, and this place would be returned to normalcy. It was a win-win for everyone involved.

Except for whatever dwelled within. They will die.

"Don't get in my way," she spoke again, and still aimed it at no one. She stalked further into the depths of the building, leaving the other two behind, brushing her dark hand across the wall, stray sparks of violet scattering harmlessly onto the carpeted floor as her claws ran across the plain surface. The environs were normal, but she could still feel it, a suffocating sense of distortions.

She licked her pointed teeth. This will be a meal.

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit Coyote Hart Coyote Hart thebigfella thebigfella miki miki Haze- Haze- Roda the Red Roda the Red

CHARLIE HUGHES
CS Link
SCENE:
To Live in the Shadows
TIME:
Afternoon, Pre-Arc 1, June 11th 2020
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Helva
To Live in the Shadows
Charlie smirked. "I'd be offended if you took it easy, thanks for the compliment, though" It was amusing to see that even in the battlefield, his good looks were something worth pointing out. Was this common? Was the banter and small talk a strategy to cut through the tension and relax one self? Regardless what the answer to that might have been, the only thing that mattered now was not words from his opponent, but her actions instead. Preparing himself for her next strike, the boy shifted his forearm to cover his side, a metal pipe should not be that much issue to blo-

And there it was, the first taste of facing an opponent of a far superior skill level. An unsuspecting fist connecting with his face, a clean blow. The strike was both painful and disorienting in equal measure, a ringing in his ears weakening his focus as his body was set back by the push of the attack. One would think that such an attack would begin a chain reaction, a stagger that would shock the boy, and the reality of the gap between them causing him to realize the impossiblity of the task at hand. But in truth, he was well aware something along these was going to be the case, not in a hundred years did he expect to go toe-to-toe with a veteran fighter in a duel of technique and ability. Just as he had to in the past, at least for now, he would have to rely in his brawn, and a little bit of wits.

Planting his foot firmly on the floor, causing a noticeable tremble beneath their position, Charlie tanked the blow, a single closed eye as his cheek stayed connected to the pushing knuckles. Grabbing Revenant by the wrist, he counteracted with a hit of his rebar-clad fist to her chest, hopefully making her unable to avoid it with his grasp on her limb.

The exchange of blows, even if just a little, gave the boy a new level of confidence and hope for the outcome or the trial. How unfortunate that this noble one-on-one was only moments away from turning into something for the worse.

Peckinou Peckinou

Last edited:
CAMILA GASPARI
CS Link
SCENE:
Not Thinking Twice
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, July 6 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Inigo
Not Thinking Twice
The woman fell flat on the ground, her rear taking the blunt of the impact as she remained in place, struggling by the pain the silver punisher inflicted upon her skull. "God fucking dammit..." She lashed out to her self, staring at her barely-conscious partner in frustration. Seconds later she was back to her feet, making her way towards the man, pulling him up and letting his arm drape over her shoulders. At that very moment, the two women exhanged glances, with Camila glaring daggers- no, glaring scalpels at the thug. Even if they surrendered, Camila still wanted to return the pain the pair inflicted upon her twofold, she barely contained her urges to jump at the other girl, strangling and beating her like she did to the man. But alas, the one person who saved her was also the one who chose to end the conflict as it was. Prolonging the fight for mere satisfaction would not only be unwise, but potentially even risky, what if the gentleman decided to change his mind on who was the one that needed protection? By how it looked, he was not the kind of person she wanted to mess with.

He was also too cute to antagonize, to begin with.

As the nameless duo made their way out of the alley with the grace and elegance of a mudfish, the tiger let out a sigh of both relief and frustration. Gathering her bearings, Camila reached for a handkerchief in her pocket, making her best effort to wipe out the filth and blood from her face. Bit of a fool's errand to try and make herself passable, she was currently a mess.

Although it seemed that didn't detract the man from approaching, his soothing voice was a welcomed change to the brash yapping of her attackers. "Yeah, would've been far gone by now if not for my engine suddenly dying out" She gave him a long stare, taking on in his features and words alike, now that she was finally able to take a breather while doing so. "You'd really do that? I mean you already saved my neck just now...A-And I live over at West, not really a walk's distance" She pulled out her phone, scrolling through her contacts until coming across someone trustworthy enough to pick her up. "Thanks, by the way" She gave him a sincerely smile before continuing. "I'll have someone come pick me up but...Would you like to keep me company, meanwhile? I'd like to make it up to you, please?"

Okay Camila, that was decent, now keep calm and keep the pacing, if you're lucky you'll get out of this with more than just a beating.

simj26 simj26

HIFUMI BAE
SCENE:
[For Rest]
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 | March 7 2020
PARTICIPANTS:
Hifumi, Nona-me
FOR REST
Most questions always seemed to be simpler than Hifumi thought. His head would turn them around and around trying to unwind or glean some greater truth. Most of the time, there was no such thing. They acted as puzzles that didn’t exist due to a new habit born from anxiety. It had been quite a while since time had calmed to such a wane.

“Naturally.” He sighed. “Revere the moon, and soon enough it will never leave you alone.”

When matters came to the oversized goose, however, Hifumi was far less contemplative.

Something about birds vexed him. They were majestic animals from afar with wingspans that demanded awe, but they were also terrifying beasts of harrow. Prideful animals, no doubt, lording their monopolized ability to venture the heavens while landfolk skulked about like maggots.

“Why not.” He replied, anyway. “What decadence do we have to beseech Lord Percy tonight?”
NAVIGATE

HIFUMI BAE
SCENE:
[Legacy Lost]
TIME:
Post-Arc 3 | June 13th, 2022
Zhànzhēng, East District | Silverlit Grounds
PARTICIPANTS:
Hifumi, Deirest
LEGACY LOST
The woman was spouting nonsense.

And in a way, it allowed him to relax. Not as a matter of residing fear, or caution but a fresh call for clement action. An intruder she may be, but clearly unwell too. It wouldn’t be appropriate to exercise any extreme measures on someone with such a condition, let alone physical state. He would solve this in some other manner. He owed that much, to the building and its residence.

“Ma’am if you would just—”

But it was pointless. She was already mobile, and there was little more to do than creep just behind.

It felt odd for sure. Even if she was the definite intruder of the two, he was the one remaining at a distance and pursuing in a stalkish manner. Only that manner was beginning to bubble with more and more concern. The things she was muttering and the question she shot into the air were distressing things for any conscientious individual to ponder. Not terrifying, just worrying.

He couldn’t help but assume the possibility of a concussion or other pressing injury.

Though that line of thinking was quickly halted.

The glass shattering was more upsetting than the discarded photographs themselves.

He waved off his vixen company, lest they tread on shards, and stepped onward alone. It was neither confidence nor conviction, but a sympathy that matched his growing pace. And once the shriek had pierced the air, his movement had turned frantic.

Yet what laid when he turned the corner was nothing worth the temporary slip of stance.

“...Ma’am.” He practically pleaded. “If you would just follow me for some tea”

He hadn’t thought too far ahead with his words.

“perhaps you could explain your circumstance?”
NAVIGATE

Last edited:
Zulin
PARTICIPANTS:
Zulin, Gideon
Loose Exhibition

Zulin chuckled when Gideon mentioned the possibility of him opting to shoot Gideon with the paintball gun and gave a devilish smirk in response "That sounds like an excellent idea! I will definitely consider putting that on my to do list!" of course though Zulin was only teasing, as he had something else in mind. Though as the car ride continued Gideon grew more focused on driving and Zulin in turn opted to focus on distracting him from driving with bits of small talk, something done for his own little amusement in the end. Still, though the drive was annoyingly longer than expected especially with how annoying the traffic was, which was no problem since Zulin was gonna come up with a solution for that soon. When they finally reached their destination Gideon pointed out Burger Knights, a place he didn't go to all that often really, but he found Gideons experience with it amusing enough to get a chuckle out of him. "Sounds healthy." though as Gideon offered to split up Zulin gave a wry smile before approving with a thumbs up and saying "Sure, meet ya back here soon then!"

Zulin had practically hopped out of the car once it stopped and started walking towards the paintball and airsoft store waving Gideon off as they said "See ya soon, don't die of food poisoning or else I'll probably get blamed!" He was half jesting that last part, he defiantly knew that he would get a bit of blame if this hang out turned into a Gideon disappearance act. But he continued to make his way over towards the paintball store fully prepared to actually pull out his allowance card in order to make actual purchases for once, though there was always a possibility of him changing his mind.

Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

'Marianna Venti'
SCENE:
Fell and Cruel Hounds
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Dagger, Corvo, Lily, Musai, Zach, Yushui
Fell and Cruel Hounds
Passeri cursed beneath her breath. Her blades had been robbed of purchase, sinking deep into a tangle of upholstery as her target vanished into thin air. It hardly mattered, she supposed, so long as all ended well. She wasn't here tonight to draw blood, but instead to keep the wrong blood from being spilled.

"Dagger!" She yelled, and the blade she'd kept in reserve slipped through her fingertips. As if on strings, it danced towards the tangle of fists that Dagger and her assailant had become, slipping deftly past the wall of flailing limbs and into Dagger's grasp. It was not a fine, or even proper work of blade craft, but as a replacement for her lost steel, Passeri prayed it would be enough. The woman, she knew well now, was an artist. Not of ink or sound, but steel and fire, and in the hands of a maestro even the dullest pencil could render fine art.

It would serve better in the mercenary's hands than hers.

All of this was too much for her to process. As Corvo vanished into the elevator, and Lily into a wreath of crackling flame, Passeri redoubled her focus. Her blades spun out of the couch, and keened themselves once again. Nine points drew up into the air, and surveyed the room. She and the firebender were of like mind. A link needed to be broken, a fracture placed in their chain of command that would cause them to crumble.

But the weakest link? No. She'd hacked at that already, and found it to be protected. Her blades adjusted themselves, honing themselves onto the back of the fire-spewing woman. A moment passed, and then a rain of silver whistled through the air, encroaching upon the woman from the opposite direction of Lily's blazing grasp.

Passeri shrank back behind a piece of cover. Divide and conquer. Control the situation. There was little she could offer with her fists. She'd do all she could from here.

Artemis Mac Naught
SCENE MUSIC:
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 | December 15th 2020
PARTICIPANTS:
Missy, Eric ( Roda the Red Roda the Red )
All I Want For Christmas Is Your Money

A gamer?

She wondered if that meant gamer like a gambler or like a casual gamer or like a hardcore doesn’t bathe fool. Either way, she knew few could beat her. Plus when they did it’s not like she couldn’t just revert to cheating. But the goal had to be a win for every four losses. Too many wins and then the pot spoiled and people got scared.

An unbeatable opponent just wound up being ignored and poor.

She’d never put reputation over her ability to get a few solid meals worth of money. She cut the deck and did a quick mental tally of how many she’d won before him. Yeah… it was time to take a loss. Okay so bet low. Butter him up, play up his skill, then bring him crashing down and rob him blind. She leaned forward giving the now shuffled deck to her opponent with the most innocent expression she could stomach having.

“A gamer? I hope you take it easy on me then Sir. After all, I’m pretty new to this. My sister taught me some tricks but I’m not too confident in my skill.”

Lies of course. But a cute story and a pretty damsel always win people’s hearts right? She rubbed her thumb to her hand ready to help ensure he won. After all if she gave him the highest value card then he’d have to see it as a good omen right?

“I’ll bet low so we have some fun right? What about four amestriyen? Does that sound fair to you to start?”

It took forever with such small amounts but moving large amounts of money was just not smart this far out in the open. Hopefully, she could get one of these suckers to invite her to a more formal game.

Artemis Mac Naught
SCENE MUSIC:
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1 | June 5th 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Missy, Vissa ( Slav Slav )
ABCs of Sportsball

“Yeah! Gotta have the spirit for the spirits!”

Right? That’s how it went right? Or was it that it was called spirits cause it stole your spirit? Either way she was pretty sure they tasted better. If she was going to have the bitter burn of alcohol she was going to have the smooth velvet of liquor.

“A classic zombie has parts to it. The flavours- Grapejuice, cinnamon, sugar, lime, falernum, grenadine; the rums- Jamacian, Puerto Rican Gold, and demerara; and the other liquors-Bitters, Pernod. Once you have that cocktail of ceiling spinning you top it off with a little mint and hope they don’t ask you to alter the recipe at all.”

She made the motions of a throwing shit in a shaker as she mentioned each and every ingredient. It was clear which side of this interaction she was used to being on. Though her knowledge of the drink was high in terms of making it she knew her own tolerance for liquor was low. Though she supposed it would matter very little as its not like she’d understand the game any better sober.

“Yeesh, you’d think you were messing with a chemistry experiment when it comes to slinging out drinks. It’s not like most care about it once they’re a few in, but that first drink well you gotta make them beg for more you know.”

She shot him a bright smile with a pride behind it of finding something she actually could recognize at this place. Once he mentioned the prices she let out a giggle as she silently agreed with his opinion.

“Oh yeah, you’d be able to put a down payment to a house with some of the cash the casino ranks in on the profit of one damn bottle of whisky. Everyone wants to be the ‘Mature adult’ who orders the whiskey on the rocks and then their purse strings loosen like all hell.”

Hiachi Ito
SCENE:
What The Dirt Remembers
East, Heiwana Sasayaki Summer Camp (Abandoned)
DATE:
May 16, 2022 | 9:57 PM
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiachi, Rem
WHAT THE DIRT REMEMBERS

For a moment, Hiachi was afraid that Rem wanted nothing to do with her. That she had only made her life more difficult, for disrupting her rest and falling in the lake. And then believing for a second that she’d still want to talk with her.

There was no basis for the assumption. At times, Rem was just as unreadable as Hiachi knew herself to be. Her smiles were a performance; the incantation in her tone a deceptive cadence. You could only know how Rem really felt if she told you. But there was something about her eyes, the pale green and the red crosshairs that circled the irises, where Hiachi could see herself as a reflection of a target.

Thankfully, all of that was untrue. Once she broke the pause after her simple statement, the tension eased. She listened intently as she wrapped her arms around herself.

Heartbroken.

Hiachi looked up. She hadn’t realized she was avoiding Rem’s gaze until that word. All the old vulnerabilities, the old fears of losing what she had, weakly crept out the broken frame of what she said—her heart. They, dull and realized, pooled in her stomach. Eager for their final purpose: to reveal themselves as a reflection. One in the same.

But Hiachi didn’t want them there. She would have said she didn’t want to be like her, but remained acutely aware that she was in worse shape. She was the one cold and wet, the dwindling breeze harsh on her skin. She was the one shivering as her nylon jacket clung to her raw burn scars in wet splotches. She was the one being saved by her.

The hand movement Rem made as she clutched an empty bottle drew Hiachi’s eyes in. A lump formed in her chest. She felt ill—more than that, she was remembering. All of the sudden, that pale green became unbearable. Seething with hate.

Hiachi looked away.

“Me too.”

After the silence stretched, Hiachi thought it only fair to elaborate herself. An exchange of sorts. Or maybe, Rem was just easy to talk to.

”I wanted to go back. Before everything changed… It’s nice here. Do you remember that summer we first met?”

Vissarion Argyris
SCENE:
Equestrian Diplomacy
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1 | June 17th, 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri( The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit ) , Vissa
Equestrian Diplomacy
Watching Passeri's uneasiness was quite enjoyable for Vissa. For what seemed like a monumental obstacle for Passeri, it was just everyday life for the blonde. The company of animals was something that he had always enjoyed, he couldn't imagine a life where he wasn't immersed among nature. Natural beauty was the greatest beauty of them all... or at least to Vissa. "Horses won't bite you... unless you have an apple in your hand." He couldn't hid the smirk on his face, noticeably enjoying the moment. His smirk quickly faded as Passeri brought up his favorite topic, internal conflict.

Vissa already had an opinion on the matter, though he wasn't sure as to how much of his mind he should let her see. "Conflict is bad for profits, that is obvious." His eyes wandered back towards Passeri and away from Alexander. He was steadfast in this matter, so he decided it would be best to be upfront with her. "Markus isn't the greatest leader, in fact, I would say he is quite mediocre. Despite his shortcomings, I don't see how causing instability would improve our situation. The Queen can try and drum up support but he won't be receiving any from me." Markus's unpopularity was causing issues for the Tigers but starting a conflict now was rather shortsighted. He couldn't see a way where he would benefit from uprooting the King and while he isn't the greatest fan of him, he'd continue to support him until it hurt his bottom line.

He gave Alexander one last rub on his mane and turned towards the exit, beckoning Passeri to follow. "Let's continue on our walk... the horses could use some alone time." Vissa walked out of the stables and back on the path. The walk was short and they soon reached Vissa's extravagant backyard, a massive garden that hosted his esteemed statues. Everything was well kept, using intricate care to maintain the regal garden. "As you can see, I have a lot to lose." He felt like he was stating the obvious, but he had a point that he wanted to make. He didn't invite Passeri over just to drink tea, though he didn't mind that.

"Not just my properties or my businesses, but my way of life. I built this from the ground up, my legacy is ingrained in the stone and in the trees of this property. I may be calm about what's to come but in my mind I am ... panicking." Vissa crouched down, picking up a snail that he noticed trying to make the trip across the path. "I'm worried that everything I've lived for... bleed for will go away. Infighting is not bloodless and in a fight that will encompass all of us, not picking sides is simply not an option. I've seen it happen again and again and I wish it'd just end." While Vissa was smiling at the snail, his eyes told a different story. They looked tired, the spark he had this morning gone. He felt like he had given up too much of himself. The person that truly ran the business from behind the scenes was in front of her. He probably seemed weak, he felt weak. He knew what was going to happen and what he'd do. He was just unsure of what the future held for him and that scared Vissa.

He set the snail back down, letting it go along it's merrily way. There was something about the snail that was enchanting to him. Such a simple lifestyle, yet it seemed content. There probably wasn't much going on inside it's head but he liked to think there was. "I myself am not strong. The only useful thing I have to offer is my golden touch and my vast net worth." He stood up once more, closing one of his eyes and making a square as if he were creating a picture frame. "And you are what everybody looks for, natural beauty. You command a lot of power, more than me." After making his point, he extended a hand, a smile once more on his face. "I think you and I have a lot more in common than we'd like to admit. I don't have many friends and for good reason. It's hard to find somebody you can confide in but I think you are somebody that will be conducive to my success. Will you trust me?" He wasn't betting on this, he was confident that this was the way to go. Decisions had consequences, he just hoped that those consequences were in his favor.

Yuto Nishimura
SCENE:
The Giant's Web
TIME:
April 16, 2021 | Pre Arc-1 | 6:15 pm
PARTICIPANTS:
Yuto, Celestine
THE GIANT'S WEB
The spider potential man pursed his lips, frowning at her words. Celi had a bad day? If someone had caused that, Yuto would be sure to make their day the worst in their lives... Unfortunately, someone like that would be too nasty to eat, so he won't bother. It wouldn't fix his best friend's mood either if he did decide to take action. A slight twinge in his heart panged within Yuto, not liking feeling helpless to help his friend. Not appreciating this unpleasant feeling, the three eyed man decided to pass over her negative words entirely. If it's not addressed, then it'll go away. That's how that worked.

He leaned into her gentle touch like a needy kitten, a sigh leaving him. His eyes trailed up to the sky, confirming her words true. Sure the sun was going down, but how did he not notice it sinking this fast? Though the dark was no problem for Yuto- in fact it benefited him- he could understand the uneasiness It may cause within others. Maybe Celi was like that. So, he nodded, giving the baby blue eyed lady a bright grin.

"Of course! We wouldn't want those unruly shadow demons to chomp at our heels, now would we?"
He giggled, keeping a grip on her wrist as he trotted ahead, even though he had no clue of the direction she lived.

-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back