• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy New Oasis: Four Heavenly Kings — The B-Sides

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Eliott Beaufort
SCENE:
A Fledglings Indoctrination
PARTICIPANTS:
Helva Peckinou Peckinou , Eliot , Skadi, Syrup, Charlie Roda the Red Roda the Red

A car arrived moments later. Eliot was on the passanger seat, he smiled at the driver, a good looking woman and kissed her on the cheek before exiting the car.
It wasn't the first time he had used some of his natural charm to get a free ride from an NP, he doubted the woman would even remember the adress since she was completely focused on him even while driving, a bit dangerous but it beat walking around. He approached the house taking a good look at its size and taking note of Helva who waited for him sitting atop her car, he let out a whistle as a sign of surprise
"This is certainly a big place..." Even as he said so his eyes already scanned the features of the entrance, already taking into account all the shapes and objects that formed a number of shadows.
"I guess this is the real deal, I was half expecting it to be another secret test." he said smiling.
"Not that I disapprove of the earlier testing, I understand that there has to be a certain deal of scrutiny when accepting people to the family...I'm grateful for the invitation."

Madra
SCENE:
Dancing Over the Corpses
TIME:
July 28th, 2022 | Post Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Pei
Dancing Over the Corpses

Madra jumped mid-dance and shrunk away from the gunfire, truthfully caught offguard by the behavior. She wasn't used to anyone being further out of left field than her.
Her eyes darted, her head swiveling towards Pei, then to his handgun, then back at him, then to the hole in the wall and then again towards him.

"What in...." she trailed off, watching the weapon slide across the glossy wooden floor, the light reflecting a blurry doppelganger as it traveled.
She flinched instinctively as the madman then started screaming. Turning towards him, she found him pointing at her.
Madra flashed a puzzled look before Pei played his cards.

"Showtime-..." the word coaxed her wicked grin back.

Her eyes narrowed, inspecting him, but before she could finish her appraisal, he had taken hold of her.
Madra's features pulsed from amused scrutiny to startled by his aggression, back to amused. She stood there with him, face to face, ready to react. The smell of alcohol on his breath playing omen to good times.

Much like her mimed partner, Pei seemed a handsy one.
She didn't mind bravado, preferred it. IF it could be backed up and hold up to some pressure.
Unfortunately, that didn't seem to be the case just yet.

The man leaned back in her embrace, causing her stance to brake as she instinctively went to catch him. Her features tightened, communicating her disdain for his lack of initiative.

"Try not to bore me, will ya?"

Her face changed from displeased to irritated at this. The gall.
She briefly contemplated just dropping him off the stage, going about her business and leaving the security to sweep him up.
But, what fun would that be?

Donning an objectively cruel smirk, she responded. "Oh, aye...I can do that..."

She pulled him back up. He was light and lanky, Madra doubted there was a more awkwardly built follower in all 5 districts.
Good thing she didn't plan on dancing. Not in the traditional sense anyway.

With a sneer and a wink, she started the dance. Some rock steps, a swing out or two and then she led him into energetic chained turns. Madra let him get two loops in before she used the momentum and clothesline'd him on the beat. (0:24)

"Oh, goodness mee!" she said caustically, just loud enough for him to hear, and then looked off to the crowd acting concerned.
She returned her attention to Pei, her expression more sinister.
"Snotted yerself good there, sham. Come on, up 'n able." Madra said grabbing hold of him. "Craic's only startin'..."

RYUTARO HASHIMOTO
CS Link
SCENE:
A Summer Breeze Scatters Blossoms
PARTICIPANTS:
Ryutaro, Samira
A Summer Breeze Scatters Blossoms
Megumi slowly nodded as Samira recalled the party, and let out a chuckle as she made mention of her beauty. "A strong woman must always use the weapons available to her." she commented, which made Ryu almost choke on his tea as he put it to his lips. He shot a look to his grandmother, who in turn laughed: "Come now, I said nothing offensive did I? You have a beautiful business partner. Business is all about the sale, no?"

"That's... not how it works." Ryu managed to get out as he blinked twice. But Megumi only waved a hand towards him dismissively as she finished laughing. It was then that Samira's gift was brought to her attention that changed the subject much to the Queen's relief.

"Oh?" Megumi said with a sly smile on mention of Samira's gift, "Well, I graciously accept your gift. Saké, as delicious as it is from our great artisans here, gets boring after a while when you've tasted them all. I'm less experienced with wines and all their intricacies. I do know you have to aerate them... let them breathe before tasting." Ryu shifted where he sat, wanting to intrude on the conversation with with own words. This was noticed by Megumi who then turned to her grandson: "What is it?" she asked out of concern. "Is it about the comment before? Come now, I'll apologize-"

"Obaasan," Ryu said, clearing his throat briefly, "I came here not only to visit, but also because of a particular matter." He then turned to his companion, "Samira, would you mind stepping away for a bit? I have some personal matters to discuss with my grandmother."

"Don't be rude, boy. She still hasn't finished her tea." Megumi then snapped with annoyance, but she caught a glance from Ryu. His eyes spoke a story of their own, not of anger or anything of the sort but of another emotion that she was all too familiar with. Troubled. Almost immediately the elder's expression changed, and she turned to Samira with a nod. "We can speak of wines later, my dear. Please, feel free to explore the estate. I'm sure we won't be long. I especially recommend the zen garden outside."

Beann Beann

DAGGER
SCENE:
Blood Within The Pavement Cracks
TIME:
July 9th, 2022 | | Post-Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Dagger, Markus
BLOOD WITHIN THE PAVEMENT CRACKS
So similar, so different. Selfish idiots diving straight into hell for a united cause, a single reason between both of them. He was doing this because someone had dared broken his property. She was doing this because someone she had started to care about had been hurt. Both were here to send a message.

Yet, one thing was clear to her. She didn't need him here. She had done this before. She had been here before, in this place, standing over her hunting grounds, poised to take a plunge into the very pits of hell itself if it came to it, a hand resting over her the handle of her knife, resisting the urge to simply leap in, fangs gnashing. She didn't need a distraction, a liability. Powerful as he might be, she was a lone wolf, a pariah, an outcast and an oddity, a beast that survived because it learned to do so alone.

An outcast like her, however, had no say when another chose to involve themselves in a hunt, especially not to the leader of a pack.

“Don't pretend you don't already know it,” she growled in reply to the Ice King. If he was trying to make conversation, it was a poor attempt, and one made towards who was possibly the worst partner.

“Whatever.” They've wasted enough time. Every second they continued to glare down the entrance, was a second she wasn't pursuing her prey. “Make yourself useful. The hunt begins here.”

With no more than those parting words, she leapt into the darkness, feet first into hell, as it always was, and landed on the concrete pathways that ran beside New Oasis’ sewage.

Her curse took form at her side- three wolves awaiting her instructions, their peculiar quirks absent, as if they had been suffused with her hatred and anger. “Go. Drive them out.”

They issued a collective howl that rang through the darkness of the sewers, a clearly delivered threat that this was their prey’s death knell, and they bounded off, cloaked in shadows.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura thebigfella thebigfella

Last edited:
CHARLIE HUGHES
CS Link
SCENE:
Hot and Bothered
TIME:
Daytime, Post-Arc 2, January 11th, 2022
Phoenix HQ, training grounds, South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Boltius
Hot and Bothered
Charlie squealed in joy, his face lighting up like a woman in love who's just been confessed to. He smiled, his eyes turning glossy from Boltius' heartwarming enthusiasm. "Thank you Bolt, you're the best!" Momentarily forgetting about how sweaty either of them were, the boy leaned over for a hug, his arms wrapping around the Ace's toned chest. It was then he noticed his pressed cheek being somewhat sticky that he realized how awkward his move was right now.

"Ah, sorry about that, I just got excited, ahahaha..." He interlocked his fingers behind him, bowing slightly in a somewhat cutesy manner. "Well, I think the ball court sounds best." He looked up and to the side in contemplation, his head tilting a little as he pressed his index finger against his chin. "I mean...If I'm going to deal with heat, I might as well do it in a place that reminds me of the location I fought that other guy at, you know? Learning the hard way usually works best for me."

He puffed out his chest, his thumb landing right against his sternum, an unusual confident grin on his visage. "I'll invite you for dinner wherever you want as thanks, alright? I insist, it's my treat!"

The rookie shifted the towel hanging from his shoulders, pulling it repeatedly from side to side. "Well, I should go take a shower now, lemme know when you're done and we can head out!"

He skipped gleefuly towards the shower area, briefly taking a moment to turn around behind him, giving bolt a warm smile and a giddy hand wave, before disappearing from the redhead's view.

@Doctor Llamabean

Nina Aguilar
✦ SCENE:
If Something Tastes Funny, Try It Again
✦ TIME:
May 6th, 2022 || Pre-Arc 3
✦ LOCATION:
Central District
✦ INTERACTIONS:
evil ass scientist guy
✦ LIMIT BREAK RANK:
Dope!
✦ If Something Tastes Funny, Try It Again

Nina waved a dismissive hand at the barman, glared at the Professor. At first glance, one might’ve thought she was trained on him, focused. But there were other things on her mind. She wasn’t looking at the Prof at all, her eyes were over his shoulder.

“The hell am I supposed to do about this…!?” — She was leaning on the railing— anxiously, unconsciously drumming the memory of a beat with her fingers over the metal bars— and much like a young chameleon did, not knowing how to wave and sway like a proper leaf, amiss in the rhythm of things, she stood there pretending that she’d become just another dancing silhouette amongst the couple hundreds at the club.

Didn’t help that none of them were dancing.

The sea of foreign faces and still bodies, didn’t matter if they were up there in the bar with her or down in the dancefloor, was not moving at all. Most of them were trailing off chasing the pretty strobing lights with their eyes, some drooling, others trying to catch them with their bare hands; Nina was the only one still bumping her head like the DJ hadn’t cut off the music yet.

A line of sweat ran down, all the way up her forehead and down her chin — “Shit…” — She was fucked. Dante was half-blind, sure, but not that blind, was he?

Her head would snap back behind her then back to the dance floor every time that middle-school-developed, innate sixth sense of hers told her that there were no eyes were glued to her back. He was still there at the bar just nursing his drink, pacing it out, one arm thrown out with the elbow propped on the counter as he merely gazed out into the disco’s void. About as lazy as she knew him to be.

As he was bringing the glass up to his face, ready to take another measured swing, that’s when it hit Nina. Her eyes shot wide open, the snap of the Professor’s fingers resounding in her mind — “FUCKFUCKFUCKFU…!”

Her head became a blur as she swiveled, the neon flash under the eyepatch dragging and blurring with the motion — “DON’T DRINK THAT!”

✦ RANK UP! ✦
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

Soon as the rim of the glass was about to touch his lips, the entire drink went flying out of his hand like it’d been propelled by an invisible cannon. Shooting across the disco, crashing against the furthest wall with a loud bang. Dante stood there, mouth wide open and with his hand still cupped around thin air— the silhouette of what seemed to be a purple demon loomed over him, horns and everything.

Kansetsu Geri— perfect form, immaculate technique—shoulders up-set, one leg slightly kicked up, other knee still held up high even after that lightning kick had snapped out of her. The back of her shoe damn near on fire from how hard she’d hit that glass.

The flashing lightshow under her eyepatch cooled down to the fickle fire trail of a neon wisp, ebbing away while she caught her harsh breath.

Nina threw panicked glances between Dante and the barman, still breathing like she’d ran a marathon. They’d put something in his drink, they’d have to— she’d done the right thing…right? — “The fuck…?” — Goosebumps ran down her spine as she watched Dante clench a fist, a vein of anger already coming up on his temple.

She looked away, straightened up, holding her hat all the way down to the bridge of her nose. Coughing, forcing a level of gruff to her voice, lowering her tone to a less Nina-sounding one — “D-Don’t drink that, sir. That’s…it’s uhh…mm….” — She was sweating, almost 100% certain…

The horndrills would give her away.

“What?” — But she wouldn’t stick around long enough for him to figure out who she was.

“SORRY!” — Nina rushed the railing without looking back, immediately vaulting it the moment she felt the cold steel spread on her palms. She was up in the air, falling. Her puffy jacket waved and slid off one arm, latching on the other. The eyepatch shifted, a burning, neon flare came down on the disco floor like a streak of lightning.

✦ RANK UP! ✦
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

The thunder came once she hit the floor, tiles cracking under her weight. She took a deep breath, slapping herself into focus after all the shame she’d felt up there — “Huff…” — It was showtime, she couldn’t worry about Dante or anyone else.

She patted her knees, shook off the pain in her shins, and put on her game face — “Excuse me~” — Nina pushed past the zombified crowd, setting her phone up on one of the tables. She cranked a shoulder, stretched.

“I’m gonna beat the brakes off these guys,” — She tapped record, flashed a grin at the camera — “Keep watchin’, else you’ll miss out on the fun~”

“Heya Doc!”
— Nina dragged her words on a chuckle, hands on her hips as she leaned forward to narrow an eye at the man — “Remember me? ‘Course y’ don’t, silly~ Been eyeballin’ ya from afar for good reason; waiting for the right time to get the stomp on ya’. Y’ had a clean operation going, y’know…? For a good while y’ had. But betcha didn’t scrunch up numbers for me…”

She hadn't eyeballed him whatsoever, Nina just wanted him shocked for the sake of making it dramatic. It was a neat trick she'd learned called 'gaslighting'.

“Had your fun, Doc— but it’s time to shut this thing down.” — Her hand snapped at her side, over the table, then flashed forward as she threw her whole arm. Someone’s drink whizzed by the Professor’s shoulder, crashing behind him — “I ain’t playin’ around either.”

“Go get your goons ‘fore I rip that fake mustache off your face. I could use a warm up.”

Daniela Nazario
SCENE:
TIME:
May 6th, 2022 || Pre-Arc 3
INTERACTIONS:
Nao, Tak

She was staring at herself in the mirror.

It was the reflection of a woman pretending that a homeless-looking man didn’t just run into one of the stalls. Pretending too, that a giggly, loopy woman wasn’t damn near hanging on the door of that same bathroom stall like a kid on the monkey bars of a park.

Dani narrowed her eyes at the woman in the mirror, she narrowed them back; she really didn’t want to step outside and check if she’d gone inside the correct restroom or not. A part of herself just wanted to believe that this place was degenerate enough to have a unisex restroom.

The two of them hadn’t noticed her yet, and she was almost glad they were blissfully ignorant to her presence. She’d almost reeled back and keeled over in disgust when the man threatened to piss on the other chick’s hands. Was it a kink thing? Were they roleplaying? She had no idea.

All she knew is that she didn’t want any part of it.

She took controlled strides, making sure her ghostly presence remained that, but she froze mid-step when something the woman had said caught her ear. Purple paradise? That’s when she understood, the giggly-ness — “Already spreading it around…?” — She’d heard grim tales of how potent the drug would be, ‘an endless high’, people becoming walking-talking vegetables, they’d said. But this girl just seemed to be a few too many drinks deep.

She shrunk back, instinctively grasping at the sleeves of her sweater at the sound of a loud crash reverberating just outside the restroom — “The fuck are you doing out there, Nina…?”

Dani approached Nao, one hand on her shoulder. She had to know more, even if the info came from slurred words and obnoxious giggling — “Excuse me, miss,” — She shook her head, clicking her tongue when she realized she was sounding like a cop — “I don’t mean to be rude but…you didn’t take anything out there, did you? You seem…off."

"Are you okay?”

thebigfella thebigfella tityanya tityanya

Last edited:
MIRZA KARTAL
SCENE:
Whispers at Dusk
PARTICIPANTS:
Mirza, Hifumi
WHISPERS AT DUSK
“There’s a lot to consider.” Mirza continued to examine the mask, but it was clear no details were going to jump out at him. He continued to hold it after turning his attention to the etching, leaning in close. “It’s easy to jump to some conclusions, but until I have the full picture, I won’t jump towards any one motive.” He slipped his free hand into his pocket, drawing out a phone, unsure if it would be frowned upon. He snapped a quick photograph, capturing the whole image, before pocketing his phone again. “Apologies. I know this must be hard to deal with. We will ensure that an incident like this never happens again. It’s a failing on our part, I can only hope we can find those lost.”

A crunch behind them prompted Mirza to jump slightly, he had become too engrossed in the display, though the cursing that followed eased his shock.

“Hm.”

He looked the new visitors dead in the eyes, glancing to the young man at his side without turning his head, then back to the visitors. A bit more tact, please? He hoped they got the memo. He hoped he would not need to be more direct with the Dragons. Division between members is the last thing they needed to show after such a confidence-shattering incident.

“Oh, hello, I hope you’re both well. I didn’t realise you were coming. I haven’t started any questioning yet, just examining the scene. It might be wise to talk to the witnesses soon, while the memories are fresh.”

Mirza felt a little unsure now. Did he have the right to give the two any instructions? Probably not, but if they were here to help, hopefully they’d be on the same page.

Last edited:
LAZLO SHEPHERD
SCENE:
The Only Difference Between Cream and Custard Filling Is One Is Better Than The Other
PARTICIPANTS:
Lazlo, Tak
The Only Difference Between Cream and Custard Filling Is One Is Better Than The Other
“Tubby!? Hey, you’re here too, pal, so it ain’t like you can say much, can you?”

Lazlo clutched the box in his hand close to his chest, protecting them from the madman, though the edges of the cardboard crumpled under the pressure.

“I can eat whatever I damn well want to, so why don’t you get the fuck outta here and go buy a salad or somethin.” As though to prove some kind of point, Lazlo cracked the box open, picking up the biggest donut in the box, which dripped with icing. He held it up to his mouth, licking a glob of icing off the top, making exaggerated noises of enjoyment as he ate it. “See, nothin you can do about it. Maybe I’ll buy some icing too, just to see you seethe.”

“Can’t you both just agree to disagree?”

“Hey, we didn’t ask for your opinion.” Lazlo dismissed the baker’s annoyance with a hand wave, but did slam the box on the countertop, offering some hope that he was finally ready to leave. “Right, here’s the deal. How much do I need to pay you for like… a ladle of the shit you put on these?” He held up his favourite, damp from being licked.

“We don’t… Look, do you just want to buy the donuts already?”
That might’ve been enough to placate Lazlo, after all, he did have a job to go to, and the office would be missing his presence. Unfortunately, Lou followed up with another sigh, more exasperated than the last, and Lazlo stopped to stare. He was pissed off. New Oasis was a shithole and he should’ve stayed in West Amestria. Aaand this was a fine excuse to skive off of work for a bit.

“You don’t value your customers then, do you? You know I might just have to take my business elsewhere-”

“Alright.”

“What a shame this city’s full of disrespectful punks like this guy.” Lazlo flung his hand back towards Tak, and the licked donut flew away, aimed directly for his face. “Did they teach you any manners in school? Did you even go to school?”

Lazlo looked at the box. He’d already burned his bridges here but, damn he wanted those donuts… He was salivating from the taste of icing he’d allowed himself, so he stuffed another in his mouth, chewing furiously, like there were vultures circling around his fresh kill. Now there were two gaps in the box. That wasn’t right. The weight would be distributed unevenly. It would only be fair to grab…

”Hey! Keep your hands off the donuts and get out, both of you.”

“Oh, fine them. Have ‘em. Have all the damn donuts. You too!”

Lazlo had been reaching slowly towards the shelf of donuts to fill the box, and in that moment, he lunged towards them, flinging what he could grab towards Lou and Tak. The box went flying too, the goods inside landing with unceremonious splats on the floor. Kicking one, it burst with jam. Reaching for another donut without looking, his hand collided with the shelving.

From the force of a hangry HP, the shelf wobbled.

Dyne Enjyre
TIME:
Post-Arc 3 — July 15th, 2022
SCENE:
Hoodwinked
PARTICIPANTS:
Dyne, Passeri, Rohen
Hoodwinked

Luck no longer pamper and Dyne could but take a sigh inwardly. Nothing in life was permanent, and tonight, she had a sinking feeling that her luck had run its course. Her table was not the most favorable too, really. Be it luck or players arranged by the house, not one was an inexperienced she could trip easily.

At least until a new darling joined the table.

A newcomer to the game, Dyne concluded. Much alike other hobbies and pursuits, subtleties differed the experienced and the new. There was little telltale of her fleeting observation of the other participants. Those playing to win and playing for fun revealed different bearings to the table. Pressure was tangible and intangible. TA small smile tugged at the corner of her lips. perhaps a change of pace wouldn't be such a bad idea now that her streak of extraordinary luck had come to an end.

"From out of town, darling?" Dyne raised an eyebrow. "Quite a strange place to spend your vacation in if you do, really."

Not that there weren't any, really. Las Vegas was quite far west and the East District did house several well worthy casinos that would attract a certain crowd. Perhaps even more, if not for the security issue.

DYNE NOTES​
— —POST RECAP: Dyne lost her amazing winning streak and gave up on turning a profit on the poker game. She decided to chat up the stranger to spend some time.

— —WEARING: white thigh-high dress, white jacket, golden necklace, gold earrings, beige watch and purse to match

@The One Eyed Bandit @CasualTea

Zentsupa Pei
SCENE:
Dancing Over The Corpses
TIME:
July 28th, 2022 | | Post-Outbreak
PARTICIPANTS:
Dancing Over The Corpses

This was a dance in more than just the world of footwork. Pei already had that in mind the moment he forced himself onto the stage. Just how would she react? That was his question.

And it was answered in the snap of his neck, the crash against the floor. Even if the world spun, the music continued to play, and so did that smirk on his face.

“Kekekek,” he chuckled from his position sprawled out on the ground. A hit like that wouldn’t do much, seeing how scrambled his brain already seemed to be. With Madra’s pull back up to his feet, he faced her again. Instead of seeing upset by the sudden attack, he seemed overjoyed.

“Kekekekek! I’m startin’ to like ya! Alright, let’s give ‘em a show, ya pale-faced fuckhead!” Pei’s elation brought his mouth from ear to ear, the dilation of his dagger-sharp pupils as he leaned closer to the mime before promptly stepping back.

In one smooth motion, he stuck his hands under his suit and, pulling them back out to open air, he brandished sticks of dynamite between each finger, the wicks coming to life as soon as they were revealed.

“How about some pyrotechnics!?” he offered before haphazardly tossing them into the air. Eyes traveled upward, watching as the sticks of explosives slowly spun around below the lights. The crowd’s jaws dropped once again, and they were left to wonder if this was real or just some type of act.

But, as the first one fell to the ground, exploding, sending a tremor throughout the building, smoke through the scenery, and caving an enormous hole within the stage, it was clear that it was real.

Yet, the musicians continued to play, every explosion pronounced by the bang of the drums and the blare of the trumpets.

As a stick of dynamite fell between Pei and Madra, rolling right between their legs as the wick sizzled and burned, Pei gave her one final grin before loosening himself away with a spin and then a dash down the thrust stage, leaping right into the audience.

His shoes landed on a table, scuffing the linens and knocking over glasses and bottles while the people at the table covered themselves in defense. Pei slightly kicked his legs along with the music, letting his arms move so his shirt moved around like a cape.

Security approached him from both sides, dashing to meet him in the middle, and immediately Pei crouched down to spring back up, leaping back through the air to the railing as both brutes attempted to reach for him only to slam their skulls against each other.

He ran across the outer wall before leaping back into the audience one more time. He balanced himself across the backs of chairs, bounding from seat to table, riding them like a surfboarder as he paved his way to the center of the room, finally landing himself in the center of the room.

All eyes were on him, but Pei only had his eyes on one. He turned back to Madra expectantly. This wasn’t swing anymore; this was chaos. That glint in his eyes showed he wasn’t yet done, causing madness and inviting the mime to stop him.

The Sewers
SCENE:
TIME:
July 9th, 2022 | | Post-Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Dagger, Markus
The wolves ran through the dimly lit sewers, their silent hunt, the rushing sewage masking any sound they could have made as they followed the trail. Out of place within the sewer refuse was a specific aroma, sweat, dead skin, and hair, and whatever biological processes occurred left a clear trail for them to follow.

All the similar structures blurred together within the industrial maze, a modern catacomb of filth and waste. Polluted streams guided them down the alternating pathways, splitting hallways. They did not hesitate, immediately knowing where their target lay.

The farther they went, the closer they came. The stronger the sensations, the swifter the approach.

And then, a silhouette in the distance. They shambled along, posture crooked, slouched, like a corpse given life. As he stopped, the roar of rushing water grew louder, almost deafening. They looked upwards.

A pit into hell, numerous aqueducts lined in circles around the man-made cavern that seemed to fall forever. Bursts of water spewed without a pattern from the massive waterways, splashing down into the deep abyss without art or order, yet all reached the same conclusion: nothingness.

Walkways of metal, supported by chains and steel, hung across the expanse, linking one tunnel to the next. Hollow whispers in the wind as the loose parts rustle. They crossed over each other like spiderwebs as one looked down. There was nowhere, but it was everywhere.

The man did not look back as the hounds approached. He did not raise his head as they grew closer, their skulking, fangs and claws poised. They would tear, they’d read, and they’d carry upon rage and bloodlust. They grew closer, and within striking range was their prey.

And then, they would pounce.

The silhouette turned around. As if anticipating their arrival, its hand raised. Glimmering green eyes and lenses were the only sight they got before the world around them changed. The distance between them grew and expanded exponentially by the power of 12 to the exponents of 20. They became a speck in the distance, and then they disappeared.

No matter how much they ran, they never came closer, like on a conveyor; the hounds were spat back whence they came, the walls closing in front of them like sphincters and swinging up like the epiglottis, pathways closed, and others opened just to become changed and modified.

The walls breathed. They pulsed with life, beating like a heart. They moved, shifted, turned, and twisted. Foundations had been altered, gnarled, and contorted. Pipes had been ripped in half, and metal torn to move around the bulging and concaving cement. The light had been eliminated, glass shattered, and swallowed.

The depths grew; the further one reached, the farther the expanse. Tunnels into valleys, alleys into blockades. Maps would no longer hold any purpose for this labyrinth; the foundations continued to shift independently as if an immune system kept out a virus.

A smell permeated beside the stench of sewage. Rust, oxidized pipes, and behind that were the hints of copper. Blood, freshly closed wounds. It seeped through the cracks; it oozed out from the ground. The smell of prey, but it had become expansive to cover everything. The whole sewer had become an extension of himself. It was his realm, where he had ultimate control.

Rejected by the antibodies, the hounds were placed back at the entrance. Denied entry any further. Yet, the door stayed open, and water flowed from the tunnel, inviting one to enter. It beckoned for them to come deeper, to achieve revenge with their own hands. But it wouldn’t accept anything but a meeting on its own terms. It was a death trap, one certain to swallow them whole and not allow them to leave unless they had been digested.

The straining sounds of weakened pipes were its growls, and the sloshing water was its acid.

From within the labyrinth, the red blink of a camera as it turned upon its axis. The changing of the structure had not torn its wires into tatters, and it still worked. Its eye moved around, observing the surroundings, lens contracting and extending as it narrowed onto the sight in the center of its recording.

It was a tiny beaver, but it walked on two legs. Its giant buck teeth hung from its mouth as it smiled. It walked through the sewers calmly, as if nothing was wrong, its clawed flippers and tail slapping wetly against the ground as it held a pickaxe over its shoulder. The camera followed it slowly until it faded out of the peripheral.

What…was that?

CHARLIE HUGHES
SCENE:
Back in the Game
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, July 5 2022
Boustan [About a four hour drive from New Oasis]
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Hitoshi, Milo
Back in the Game

Charlie got back up on his feet, his eyes staying locked down onto his opponent in front. He lifted his arm in a calmly manner, patting his dusted shoulder in two snappy motions, the general swaying of his body permeated an unusual swagger. A small, toothy grin escaped his otherwise stoic expression as he planted his left foot firmly on the wagon's floor. "Let me guess, some shady fellow spent a pretty penny getting you guys to capture a helpless young girl, is that right? Hardly "

Regardless of the man's response, it mattered not to the boy, his hand placed on his shoulder once more, his other arm rotating in a slow, yet commited motion. "Well, not like my motives are any more noble in paper, you know? I'm getting paid to look out for her, after all." He muttered while briefly closing his eyes, unable to help shaping his lips into a bittersweet smug.

"But, just for today..." His eyes opened again, his sunset-colored irises almost glowing with resolve. "Let me feel like I'm the good guy, okay?"

Invisible and ethereal energy coursed through every fiber of the boy's being to its full extent. A push from his hardened leg pushing his whole body forward.

Unamused by the full-frontal assault, the whip wielder prepare for the incoming impact. With season timing and alacrity, he dodge to the side through quick footwork, taking advantage of every hair of distance he had available in this narrow space. he intercepted Charlie's attack with his otherwordly weapon, the rope of energy wrapping itself around the steel baton. He released other hand's grip, with his right elbow clasping at the end of the whip in replacement, making sure the phoenix's tool was still stuck in place. He landed a clean haymaker at the boy's cheek, knuckles sinking in, and skin rippling from the intense shock.

But Charlie's neck demonstrated adamant tenacity, refusing to move back a single inch from the punch. The man was even able to feel a new wave of pain coursing his arm from hitting his enemy's aegis-like bones. The phoenix smiled through his squished cheek, winding back his left arm before thrusing it forward into the man's side. The captor was spared barely a split second to react, his insides brutally pushed back by the sledgehammer-like blow before his entire body was flung away by the momentum of the strike.

He hit the side wall of his car, a window cracking into a thousand contained pieces by the involuntary whipping of his thick boots. Charlie brushed his reddened face with the side of his palm, before rushing at the man for a follow-up, his hand grasping at his baton which remained a few seconds spinning in the air.
Hypercharge: Full-Activation!

joshuadim joshuadim Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

JAVI ONEIRO SILVA
SCENE:
Walkies ("Dog" Walkers Needed)
TIME:
Post-Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Nero, Hiachi, Silva, Nicole, Renjiro, Ottilie
WALKIES ("DOG" WALKERS NEEDED)
No good. Even if Tibur had good ears, it was moving too fast and was already too deep to hear the siren's call of Renjiro's serenade. She was gone, and Nicole with her.

"Shit! Uh," he paused, but after the pause nothing came out. Everything had gone so eerily calm. There were no more (immediate) dangers to divert everyone's attention from the fact that a monster had just burrowed up out of the ground and abducted a woman off his front porch. His fingers interlaced themselves atop his close-cropped head of vibrant green hair. Unbeknownst to him, he'd started to pace.

"... Javier?" Mila Silva's voice floated from the kitchen. It was a tone he recognized, and it scared him more than an apex predator with behavioral problems

"... Shiiiit." There was nothing for it. This was happening. Had happened. It was his fault. All of those things he recognized to be true. If the choice was between doing nothing, and trying to fix it... He had to do something.

He bounded toward the door at a dead sprint. Without a plan, besides just to give chase and try to calm Tibur down / rescue Nicole, Javi didn't have much in the way of a call to action for the fellow dog walkers who'd gathered before him. He only hoped they'd get the gist and follow.

Meanwhile still inside, Rocco toddled after its master, who'd already left him in the dust. The little creature trilled despairingly. When hope seemed lost, and the creature resigned itself to being left behind, a tattooed arm stretched back through the threshold and plucked the little guy off the floor before the pair flew back down the porch steps and out into streets, Luvi and Grio zipping out after them.

By some foresight, Javi had managed to grab his board from where he'd leaned it up against the fenceposts. After a quick, non-verbal huddle, the trio of Luvi, Grio, and Javi agreed to give that a try, whilst Rocco did his utmost just to hold onto his master's shoulder. Luvi slid along the pavement ahead, leaving a trail of slick gelatin behind, lubricating the wheels of Javi's board. Meanwhile, Grio stretched out, one end affixed to the shell of its blue, bulbous friend, the other gripped in Javi's outstretched hand like reins. Together, they formed a kind of chariot, pulling Javi along at speeds he'd scarcely be able to reach on his own, though they did leave a trail of snail-slime in their wake.

All the while, Javi scanned the horizon of houses and residential streets for signs of Tibur's presence. Raised asphalt. Ruined gardens. Burrows. Anything that would tell him that she was close. Whenever he spotted one, he directed his creatures to adjust their heading and forge ahead, blazing a trail for others to follow.

CHARLIE HUGHES
SCENE:
A Fledgling's Indoctrination
TIME:
Post-Outbreak, July 30th 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Helva, Eliot
A Fledgling's Indoctrination
The back of Charlie's head rested on his palms, elbows poking upwards and his fingers interlocked with each other. Hazel eyes observed the bright blue sky above, and all the interesting shapes and patterns formed by the myriad of clouds scattered through the cerulean expanse, slowly shifting and traveling because of the gentle breeze.

Despite not exactly being an expert on Central District's topography, the rookie was more than familiarized with this particular section of the city. It was good enough that he didn't need to resort to any nagivation apps to find his way around. Even if a few of the usual landmark buildings had been tragically damaged by the earthquake from a couple months ago.

The upper bits from the roof of Umbra's Nest showed up on Charlie's field of view as he got closer. That luxurious house was one of the few places the blue-haired could consider a true place of safety and respite, even if he rarely ever used it. He already felt like he owed so much to his dear sponsor Helva, that excessive use of the building weighted a little too heavily on his conscience. To this day, he had mostly used the small manor as a place to stay whenever he had any prolonged jobs in the disctrict, even his own room in the building was barely made any more homely since the first stepped inside.

Maintining his relaxed pace, the boy pulled out his phone, checking the hour to make sure he hadn't arrived late. The bright white numbers were displayed atop his screensaver, a picture he took with his fellow Phoenixes and their client in Boustan City, about a month or so. He smiled with relief knowing that he was still a few minutes earlier than accorded.

The clicking of shoes against the sidewalk's hard surface would've caught the attention of the two people on the entrance. "Hello, Helva! I hope I arrived at a good time, thanks for telling me in advance, too." He gave the seasoned veteran a genuine smile and a gently handwave. Despite all the bitterness he's been feeling towards the phoenixes as of late, the sight of his sponsor never failed to cheer him up.

His attention switched ot the man with ash-blonde locks. "Oh, hello there!" He toop a few excited steps forward, taking a closer look on the man, his eyes scanning from head to to, up and down. "You must be Eliot, Helva told me about you!" He extended his hand forward, awaiting for a handshake. "I'm Charlie! Well I should rather introduce myself as Temperer, but a sponsor of Helva is a friend of mine, so it doesn't matter!"

CHARLIE HUGHES
SCENE:
Young Blood
TIME:
Post-Outbreak, July 20th 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Hitoshi, Musai, Daigo
Young Blood
As Hitoshi and Musai exchanged friendly greetings and started to perform a little bit of casual conversation, a shadow was cast from above them.

"WOAAAAAAAH!"

Charlie's disitinct androgynous voice could be heard, screaming from above the veteran duo. He spun a few times in the air as he fell down, unceremoniously landing on the floor just a few feet away from them, the solid floor trembled under his hyper-dense constitution. He layed on the ground for a few seconds, his eeriely neutral face staring straight at the bright blue sky.

"Yo', hey guys." Still in that same position, his eyes moved to the corner of his vision, where faint blobs in the shape of shaggy, crimson-clad men stared back statically. "Hope I'm not late!" He quipped, placing his hands on the ground past his head, pushing against it to lift himself back on his feet. He patted his clothes carefully before stepping into the circle.

"Sorry about that, thought I'd arrive on better time if I jumped through the roofs." He crossed his arms, closing his arms in deep, serious contemplation. "Someone should've told me some of them would just have pipes hanging around, someone could get hurt!"

Almost completely ignoring the huge hipocrisy in his words, he noticed Hitoshi's drinks "Oh I could get something to drink, you don't mind, right, Aniki? I heard the cinnamon frappés are very good here."

With the bandages on his head from the brutal battle in Central District, one couldn't be blamed for thinking he must have lost a few braincells in that noggin of his. But alas, this was just his own brand of thick-headed stupidity whenever he was around those he trusted.

Hypercharge: Half-Activation

joshuadim joshuadim Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Helva Linxal
SCENE:
PARTICIPANTS:
Helva, Eliot Woffy Woffy , Skadi, Syrup, Charlie Roda the Red Roda the Red

Helva didn't have to wait too long as moments later a car pulled up in front of the drive way, and out came the man of the hour, she gave a small smirk as she saw him before pouncing off her car and onto her feet. She watched as Eliot took in the sights for a moment before waving him over and greeting him, and she couldn't help but chuckle at his words before saying "When you take hard trials you get high rewards, and mines are some of the hardest you can take, been nearly 2 years now since the last person passed my trials, guess the count has officially reset now." Helva was a bit smug as she made that comment, she wasn't a person to take in just anyone and had a list of demanding requirements when it came to taking people in. But she also wanted to make it highly worthwhile for the people who are able to go through the entire thing and end up passing, she eventually shook her head and added "There are no more tests now, you officially passed and earned my Sponsorship, Welcome to a place I like to call Umbras Nest, it typically acts as a hangout spot for all of my Sponsorees or a place you can stay at if you really want to."

Before Helva could continue on though she spotted the familiar sight of blue hair appear and wave out to greet hair, Helvas smile widened at the sight as she explained "Charlie!" no longer having a use for code names now that Eliot was officially one of her Sponsorees. Walking up to Charlie she gave him a tight and firm hug before going on to ruffle his hair, something she hasn't done much but was prone to doing when she was in a good mood. She smiled as Charlie introduced himself to Eliot and added "Charlie is one of my other Sponsorees, most adorable one too." she said the last part in a playful and teasing tone clearly enjoying herself, a entirely different side of her from the more serious side of her from the one Eliot saw during their trials.

HITOSHI YAMAKAWA
CS Link
SCENE:
Young Blood
TIME:
Post Outbreak || July 21, 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Hitoshi, Charlie, Musai
Young Blood
Hitoshi let off a grin when Musai appeared and waved him over to join him. "What's up 'Sai?" Hitoshi asked as they shook hands. On mention of the inside, Hitoshi chuckled, "Nah, nothing like that. Just nice weather today y'know?" Hitoshi then said as he looked up. There were some clouds far up in the sky, trailing along with wisps, but not enough to deter the sun from shining through and giving a decent amount of warmth. "And besides, the business isn't that important where we gotta worry about eyes and ears. Just a bit of a nuisance that's been reported..."

It was then that Charlie practically fell out of the sky, much to the surprise and dismay of not only Hitoshi but also a bunch of passerbys as they looked for a moment out of confusion as the blue-haired kid collided with the ground. The elder Phoenix couldn't help but chuckle as Charlie made the safety hazards of rooftop pipes known, "I think people don't expect someone to run up on those roofs anyhow." he commented. On the question of drinks, Hitoshi shrugged: "Sure, might as well get some hydration in y'know?" he said, "Besides, I don't think we'll be too busy today."

Hitoshi took another sip of his iced coffee as Charlie went off to get his drink of choice. When the young boy came back with cup and straw in hand, Hitoshi spoke up once more: "Still banged up from last time?" he finally commented on the bandages on the young lad's head. "I promise this job won't make you push too far." He invited Musai to sit as well, and when the two took their seats the elder Phoenix continued. "Alright, so here's the jist. There's been a string of thefts across multiple shops in town, mostly convenience stores. Nobody could see whodunit cause they're fast, and so we gotta check it out and find the culprit. These stores already pay the Phoenixes protection money, so it looks bad if we aren't on top of things."

He put his cup to his lips and took another swig of the cool caffeine before letting out an 'ah' as he felt it flow down his throat. Salvation in a plastic cup. "In an out in an hour, no sweat. Any questions before we get to it?"

Roda the Red Roda the Red Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Last edited:
CAMILA GASPARI
SCENE:
Everyone's a Critic
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, July 9th 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Takakazu
Everyone's a Critic
With expert and crafty steps, muffled in their entirety by the hall's carpeted floor, Camila advanced through the solitary area of the underground auction house. Several doors lied on either way of the hall, made out of expensive and barnished oak, and ornate with intrincate brass patterns, one could tell this part of the museum was carefully made to be as luxurious and refined as a black market, underground lair could be.

Unfortunately for Camila, getting to examine each room was going to be a bit of a necessity in her current situation. She casually leaned her back against the wall, nonchalantly looking to the side, while the silver, wire-like tail extended to the opposite side, sliding under the thin gap of the door next to her. The hard metallic tip scanned around the area, poking at every object inside and tracing over their length and general shapes. The delicate nerves of the appendage gave Camila all the information she needed about what lied inside, similar to a hand getting the feel of something with a short stick.

Nothing but crates and veiled paintings in that room, a regular storage area, and fortunately for the exhibit, Camila had little to no interest on stealing any of the artwords around, dealing with security on her way out, and even worse, provenance, weren't worth dealing with.

She repeated the same process several times over the span of a few minutes. The great majority of the rooms sporting similar findings within. That is, until she reached room 14, where an interesting found was made. There was a desk, and open closet with rows of clothing lined up, even a laptop by the feel of it. If Camila's gut was right, and it was always right, this was most likely Hillclad's office.

The door's lock stood no chance against the veteran's dexterous hands and her trusty lockpicks, the pins almost laughably easy to locate and push aside. Light seeped through the dark room as the door opened, Camila's shadow shrinking as she stepped inside, a soft click behind her as it closed.

She started making her way through the cabinets, scouring through fan letters, paperwork, art documentation and any kind of paraphernalia one would expect from a high-end, internationally-renowned artist. She clicked her tongue, thinking that finding damning evidence would prove quite easy in her very office, but it was too early to give up just yet.

(NPC) Debora Hillclad
SCENE:
Everyone's a Critic
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, July 9th 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Takakazu
Everyone's a Critic
"Hey! What do ye think ye're doing?!" A man shouted from behind the tiger's, a large man in suit, holding a large and heavy steel baton on his muscular hand.
"Stay the fuck away from that unless ye wanna find yer way out crawling." He held the hard, cilindrical tip of his weapon right up to Tak's nose, his eye nearly bulging from his overdramatized intimidation stare.

He reaction was a little exaggerated, to say the least, one would expect he'd act like that if Tak was caught in the middle of stealing something, not for just being a little more nosey than he should. Maybe the guy was just going through a pretty bad fucking day, and was looking for any excuse to take it out on whoever he could.

"Boris! Please cut that out." The hulking guard's body went stiff, a single finger pulling onto the tightly-fit collar of his shirt. He moved to the side, giving the young gangster a clear sight of the woman speaking nearby, her frame darkened by the surrounding light from the stage behind her. As she walked towards the two men, her friendly smile became visible.

"This gentleman here is one of our dear costumers, so I need you to treat him like me, alright?" She clasped her hands together, her head leaning to the side as her cheek pressed against them. Boris sighed, taking a wordless step back. A bitter expression on his watchful eyes as he rested against a thick wooden beam.

"Do you like it? The piece, I mean." She walked towards the large canvas, her slender finger tracing down its length. "It's just a little warm-up piece, started it while waiting for the auction to start, I might just give it away for free to someone here once we're done" She looked at Tak in the eyes, or rather, in the shade lenses, giving him a playful wink "Maybe it could become yours, even."

CAMILA GASPARI
CS Link
SCENE:
Not Quite Pet Sitting
TIME:
Post-Arc 2, January 2nd 2022
Nighttime, Invaded factory, North District
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Dante Aguilar
Not Quite Pet Sitting
Camila's expression remained unphazed as Dante made his presence known, emerald irises being drawn to their corner, glimpsing at the lanky frame beside her. She turn her body to her left, taking a better look of the man, or at least what she could garner given the lack of light in the area. Neither his posture or tone of voice denoted a lot of confidence, not like she expected much from the fresh rookie regardless. He was pretty cute, though, absolutely worth pointing out.

Her mouth opened, some snarky remark forming in her vocal chords, that is, until she was stopped by the rookie's lengthy explanation of his past, and an unexpected familiarity with their point of interest.

"Heh...Not bad, newbie." She exhaled through her nose as she smiled, her hips pushing forward and she stood straight up. "Or rather Hades...Or maybe you prefer Dante?" She turned around, a shit eating grin plastered on her face. "...Or is Aurelio better, perhaps?"

If this boy was going to flex on his knowledge, the so would she.

"Guess that roots are hard to forget, no matter how much one spends tending to a shop far from home." Her arms soon found themselves folded, her hits tilting light to the side. "I know you don't seem to care much, but try a little harder to cover your tracks a little bit, will ya? That shit's a big mistake in this business." She turned around, facing away from the younger, wet-behind-the-ears criminal. "Call me Lilim...and, well done, by the way." She didn't bother to look back at him, even starting a slow gait, expecting the man to follow behind. "Sounds like your entrance game's pretty solid, let's go with that."

Just as she expected, the rookie wasn't the most reliable-looking guy around, but he seemed capable of doing his homework, at least. One could say 'exceeding expectations', but that's hardly a compliment when the bar is so low.

Haze- Haze-

ERIC EVENSEN
SCENE:
You Know The Rules, And So Do I
TIME:
Post Arc 3 || July 1st 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, Eric
YOU KNOW THE RULES, AND SO DO I
Eric quickly repositioned his weapon to block his side, the condensed rod of energy intercepting the incoming hooked blade. The terrying point traveled past before the base of the blade was stopped, the razor-sharp edge grazing the detective's cheekbone. He then felt the pressure of he blow, and as mocking as he may have sounded, the compliment he gave the queen was sincere. That thin frame of his was deceptively strong.

He felt his footing failing him, the stability of his legs crumbling away, his knees snapping involuntarily, bending suddenly. He took advantage of the momentum, throwing his body to the side and rolling away, the savage pick-like blade swinging in full just above him.

"That sure brought me a strong sense of deja vu...Ah, the old days, how do I yearn for such a long-gone time." Despite having just danced a number with death itself, the Detective remained steadfast...well, more like completely apathetic to it all. "I appreciate the gesture, but I already shaved today." He lightly rubbed under his cheekbone with his finger, a droplet of blood making its way down to his jaw.

He raised his 'sword arm' forward, his weapon shifting and morfint into something of a compressed, stubby cannon shape, its walls twisting and spinning slowly. "You may have a rough exterior, but I can feel our friendship blossoming with every passing second." At the end of his arm cannon, an orb of light started to shine and convulse, slowly growing in size from a golf ball, to a base ball and then to a basket ball. "I'm known for being a great friend, too. I'll send you motivational messages every morning, invite you over for a cold one on the weekends..."

His other arms raised ninety degrees as well, his forearm bent upwards, his hand kept in a fingergun pose. "I'll never gonna tell you a lie, and hurt you.".

With a downward motion of his uncharged arm, the dancing lights in the sky rained down on the Queen, the cannon in his hand shooting forward immediately after for a double-sided assault.

WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten

CHARLIE HUGHES
SCENE:
TOWER OF POWER
TIME:
Evening, Pre-Arc 1, August 2nd 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Musai
TOWER OF POWER
Charlie nodded, smiling calmly in response to Musai's palpable determination, he couldn't help but find it incredibly contagious. If the rowdy phoenix was confident in his victory, then so was the rookie. "Good luck, Musai!" Anticipating the incoming battle, the boy sat cross-legged on the floor, finding a comfortable position on the firm-yet-pillowy matted floor.

Sable didn't spare much of an effort on sharing any excitement, however, instead opting to take a step back, his shoulder resting against a thick stone pillar nearby.

"Hah! Very well, so be it" The fighter traced a circle on the floor around him with his toe, landing it on back as he opted for a wide-legged stance. "I will not hold this against you my friend, you must be in need of the money, probably to finally have a place where you can sleep with a roof over your head."

Veins in his biceps visibly bulged as his muscles tensed up. the floor under his front foot sinking deeper as he shifted his body weight forward. "But I will show no mercy!"

With the might of a lion and the dexterity of a lemur, the fighter launched himself into the air, girating his hips as his leg extended outwards. He fell down at Musai's direction with a rappidly-rotating spinning kick. After landing, he readjusted his position with quick footwork to launch a barrage of kicks at the confident veteran. All the while letting out an oddly high-picthed scream in the process.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Callista Reinhart
Scene:
Bitter Aftertaste
Time:
Pre Arc 1 - June 7, 2022
Participants:
Callista, Eric Roda the Red Roda the Red
Bitter Aftertaste
Callista leaned her cheek on one hand, watching the scene unfold with a sly grin. She couldn’t help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation. Without missing a beat, Gregory Gallons had responded with ease, offering a humorous retort that impressed her. She played along with his charade, nodding along as he spun his story, and shrugging her shoulders as he apologized and called her a handful.

“A handful, but only in the right places,” she chimed in with a playful wink.

Daniel, sensing the deception, seemed too tired and drunk to press further, and he eventually turned away with a muttered curse, only looking back to shoot Gregory Gallons one last glare. Callista held back a laugh as she finally watched him disappear into the crowd of drunk patrons.

She turned back to Gregory Gallons, a smirk tugging at her lips. “Well played,” she remarked, sliding her gaze over him appreciatively. “I didn’t peg you for the witty type. Not when you’re all by your lonesome, drinking with a dark cloud hanging over your head.”

The dimly lit bar continued to pulsate with the thumping beat of the music, casting shadows that danced across their faces. The bartender slid a new drink over to Callista, a glass of her usual Sapphire Martini. “So, what brings you to the neck of these woods?” she asked, curiosity gleaming in her eyes. A cop in his right mind wouldn't put himself so close to enemy territory. “You don’t strike me as a local.”

MILO NAGISA
SCENE:
Rain on the Mountaintop
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1 | June 28th
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Passeri, Jackson, Jesper, Pascal, Milo, Gav
RAIN ON THE MOUNTAINTOP
The loud clatter of the chair legs on the dining room floor made him flinch. He immediately checked their surroundings to see who else had been startled into taking note of the two young men in their midst—a reality Milo was hoping to avoid as much as possible going forward. They would be more effective if they could fly under the radar.

But at least one thing became clearer: he did need to clarify that when he said 'plan of attack', he was not referring to a literal attack. That was good to know for the future.

There was that. There was also the fact that Milo was somewhat certain Boltius hadn't exactly understood his meaning, if his garbled reiteration was anything to go by.

Lastly, there was the matter of food. Particularly his food. Milo followed Boltius' instruction and took a bite. The meat had cooled considerably since he'd fetched it from the buffet, but it was tasty, and Milo remembered that he was hungry. He took a few more. Between spoonfuls of peas, he said, "Y'know—" he took another bite, set his spoon down, then dabbed the corners of his mouth with a cloth napkin neatly folded beside his place setting. "This kinda reminds me of that week we were up at that lakehouse. Only like, ten-times bougier, haha." He often recalled those days fondly. They were from a time when all their problems were so small. The weight of the world hadn't even notice them, yet. Not in those days...

After a few more bites, Milo showed Boltius his plate for inspection, giving him a 'Can we go now?' kind of look; the portions were all half-eaten at best, but it would've been no use trying to argue or force-feed him. He was already up, tucking his chair snug under the table before neatly stacking his napkin and cutlery onto his plate for easier bussing.

"You good?" He asked Boltius.

Eventually, the two of them were off and running (walking) the halls of the manor. Milo was trying to remind himself of the facts. He went over everything he knew about that day, down to the last detail he could recall. No matter how many times he revisited those memories, he couldn't escape the gnawing feeling that he'd overlooked something. That there was something he'd missed... And then, there was the matter of how they'd all arrived here.

So enraptured in his own thoughts, he'd scarcely taken a moment to look around at the art hanging along the corridor walls. The pieces were truly stunning. Only his eyes stayed affixed on a single point on the horizon, a point he'd come to refer to simply as the future.

THE ALBINO TIGERS
SCENE:
[The Game]
TIME:
Post-Arc 3 | July 3rd
PARTICIPANTS:
Missy, Mugen,
Lazlo
THE GAME
The Precipice | ???​
Missy
Mono’s glare fiercened.
No, that wasn’t right—it was more of a squint.

“W—” A chirp came before the words. “What am I looking at?”

He offered no answer to Missy’s own question, with his aimed beyond her towards two nondescript individuals that were standing flush in front of the door. Their expressions didn’t waver in the face of their bosses words, nor did their bodies provide any inclination of an answer, but something must have appeased the dissatisfied man. That’s what his silence suggested at least.

“Who—” Once again, he sang before he spoke. “Forget it. I don’t really care. I’m in a bit of a pickle you see. I’ll uh”—he waved her off—”pay you triple what you were owed tonight. Just get out there and serve some drinks or something.”

“We’re short on cooks tonight, sir.”

“Oh yes, let’s send the woman you abducted to the kitchen, first thing. Do you not understand how poorly that reflects on me?” He dusted off his suit. “That’s not the sort of image we’re hoping to create. Not for me, and especially not—”

One of the doormen had moved over to whisper something in Mono’s ear.

The Precipice | Interior​
Pinhead (NPC)

“What a glorious face to behold!”

BCAXYIc.jpeg
The cheery voice, and the clap that followed, did not place where the man stood. Who was now just beside the pin-headed entrant with a crook in their neck and a smile more fox than man. It was a sudden approach without sound, yet expected all the same despite the unfamiliar presence.

“I offer my utmost apologies that one of the regulars couldn’t come in my place, but”—they closed the distance for a whisper—”new management and all.”

They clasped their hands together.

“I’m Eenie. The tacky name is one of the boss’s quirks.” Not that they seemed bothered by it. “I’ve been informed you’ve gone and gotten us some good blood for tonight?”

“You would not believe the perfect timing. As of recently, we’ve had to cut down on the events due to… limitations. So this is sure to invigorate those who would doubt!” Their voice waned back to a hush. “Are you intending to stay for the show? I can guarantee you a place befitting your name.”

Their eyes pulled towards the trailing figure.

“And we’d best get your challenger to their room too. Schedule’s rather tight.”
NAVIGATE

Last edited:
HECTOR MOSES
CS Link
SCENE:
Stranger's Gold
TIME:
29th January 2022, Pre-Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, Passeri
STRANGER'S GOLD
“Great time management? Guess it’s kinda obvious.”

Hector couldn’t say he was disappointed with the initial short answer. His question was pretty bland after all. It was fine, he didn’t wanna bombard her with anything too specific too quickly, and even still he was unsure if he was overstepping any boundaries with her. He’d had plenty of drinking and chatting sessions with entertainers before, but the ladies in the South’s show bars and strip clubs didn’t command nearly as much respect. This was another level. He was content to sit back while she composed her answer.

Hector nodded thoughtfully as soon as she opened her mouth, already trusting he was about to hear something good. ”Wheat from chaff.” He made a snipping motion with his hand as he contemplated it. He guessed he did that already, but it seemed far more polite the way Passseri spoke about it.

“You’re not alone in that, but secrets safe with me don’t you worry. And this is great.” Hector paused to look down at his cup. It smelled nice. He was unwilling to admit he’d never had fruit tea before. “I like what you like.”

He found himself able to relax a little more as she kept going on. They had at least one thing in common with not wanting to make the bed. He liked this side of her. Guess it was nice to hear about the inconsequential decisions for a change, but it meant he couldn’t really give many matching examples. No way could she understand having to decide if a brilliant young man is wheat or chaff to him after he tried to kill him. Or whether he needed to prioritise preparing an invasion on the other districts, or rebuilding what they lost first.

He sipped the tea, pretending not to have scalded his tongue as he hastily set the cup down. “Yeah…” He smiled at her gratefully. “That actually all makes a ton of sense, as you as you do have enough time for yourself, right? You know we wouldn’t blame you for taking more breaks, we all need ‘em.” Hector leaned forward, closer to her. ”Don’t suppose that’s why you’ve been back in New Oasis, is it? If I could travel where I wanted, I definitely wouldn’t be in this damned city.” Well, there wasn’t much stopping him physically from leaving if he pulled the right strings, but he couldn’t do that. ”But I guess this place means a lot to you, and hey, it meant I could see your show, so there’s that…” He thought of a question, unsure if he should ask, but what’s the worst that could happen. ”You staying for a while more, or will you be off on another tour? I get if it’s top secret, but I promise I won’t tell.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back