• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

New idea

Slifer

Summoning an ancient God... for what?
Hello! As the title implies, this is a new idea (to me). It's very new actually (to me). I've been going over it for maybe thirty minutes, and that's pushing it. That's more than enough time for me though, which is nice. This also happens to be my first (I think) proposal for a role play. This is the only one that I've come up with so far that I believe to have potential, with the right person. So here is what I've come up with. The Upbringing.

The Upbringing

"...'For what do we have, if not control?' as the the world plunged into the dark ages." These were the famous last words of our forefathers, and we have them to thank for the world that we've inherited. Throughout the years, they have not abandoned us, no. They live on, beneath our feet and out of our control. Their plan is perfect. Guarded by a mighty fortress that we cannot begin to conceive in our conscious minds. That is the trick, however. They thought the plan was perfect, and the fortress so great. They had all the dreamers with them under the harsh earth... or so they thought. There are a precious few that hold all the power, all the hope, for civilizations lost. For history condemned to die with the dreamers. For the promise of a new and uncertain future. All this power, and the ones who wield it do not know. This world, however, is fortuitous. Nothing can be guaranteed nor predicted. The ones who delivered us this horrid fate are not humanity's perfection, and thus so are subject to failure, and mistake. This is the hope, this is the goal, this is the humanity we have innate in all of us. The only question is, are you capable of leading us into a new era, or are we condemned to live out our future in the hopelessness of the cruel nature, awaiting a new dreamer to awaken?

So that's like a trailer I suppose. It's not much to go off, so I'm inclined to put forth a more informative description of this world I concocted.

Following the discovery of an abundant resource formerly hidden far beneath the Earth's crust, civilization surged. This new resource was given the name, Serascium, by the founding company, Seras Global. They had been a huge push forward in the 'race to the Earth's core'. A period of time marked between the years 3000 and 3500 roughly. They had the world's greatest engineers figuring out a machine that could go into the Earth as easily as a submarine could sink into the water. They put forth precautions to ensure the schematics were never leaked, and soon they successfully put into production machines that could do just as they set out to accomplish. Not long after, they had discovered Serascium, and put their top scientists to the task of figuring it all out. It was found to have great potential as an alternate power source. With proper techniques, serascium could be utilized 250% more efficiently than all the world's fossil fuels, wind, solar, and water power combined. Serus Global used this as a means of creating a monopoly on power. They kept the lights going all throughout the world in less than a hundred years following the great discovery. The company amassed a plethora of wealth, and thus power. Political power. World dominating power.

3/17/4566... This marks the day Serus Global enacted their plans to keep the world going. Unbeknownst to the rest of mankind, the company had been creating a massive machine, one powered by the Earth's core itself. They had kept this power source hidden, and for good reason. Twenty minutes of the energy provided by the Earth's core could power the entire world's electric needs for months. They used this power to build a mainframe far beneath the Earth, that connected all the major cities of the world to a central set of pistons. Here, the company's top management teams built top class abodes for the world's wealthiest individuals and soon to be discovered dreamers to reside after their plan to control civilization would begin. The pistons were able to individually pull any of the cities miles beneath the ground via powerful connections of the area's infrastructure to the machine. From here, entire cities could switch positions around the world within a matter of days.

Time has passed since that day. Thousands of years have passed, as we became less and less civilized. The cities were changed as often as possible to prevent settling, and thus so nature took over. Rural towns were overtaken quickly, asphalt broken and covered by earth and nature almost to the point of complete obscurity. There are no laws, no government, no society. Everyone is seemingly out for themselves, or scavenging as a group. Then, there are the dreamers. Those that are said to have dreams straight out of the human collective. They see the past. Mistakes, progressions, achievements, and downfalls. They are the hope, they are the ones that can reverse this atrocity, they can figure out the flaws in Serus Global's massive plan. The question remains... will they?

Hey thanks. I'm almost considering scrapping the whole rp platform and just free writing a story for fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back