• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy New here, it's been a long time since I've roleplayed and I'm looking for a partner! (added one more plot)

insteadofthis

Hello! I've looked through a few threads here and I think I know how this site works, but if I'm doing anything wrong, let me know. I used to do text roleplays on Figment, but that was a long time ago. I look forward to having this creative outlet.

So, I guess I'll go on to say that with my job I probably only have the time for two or three partners. I prefer roleplays that are detailed with a few paragraphs per post at least, but I understand if there are lulls in content or whatever. Except on my days off (like this one), I'll be posting in the evenings, and I might only have 2-3 posts a day depending on whether I have one or two partners and how literate the roleplay is. I figure that might be a deal breaker for some people.

I love fantasy roleplays, and I typically prefer to play a male as a main character. I can be whatever, though, and I don't care what gender you play. I would also feel a lot better using text descriptions than an actual picture. I'd like you to be 18+ and comfortable with the darker type of storylines. I want someone that enjoys writing, that is cool with collaborating and world building to expand the plot and move things along in whatever direction we decide to take, and someone that's okay with playing side characters of all sorts as they come along.

I have a couple storyline ideas from back in the old days that always seemed to be interesting. The roles I'd prefer to play are in bold, but I can be either character. I'm open to any ideas you might have, or adjustments to these storylines. I try to keep things open to interpretation, and nothing is set in stone.

#1 -- I was thinking this would be an open, fantasy world kind of setting. Character A comes from a long line of powerful witches and wizards. They were the only child of one of the most influential people in the magical world. They were always the black sheep of the family, but after a big argument, they either run away or are kicked out, and estranged from the family. After many years, they receive a knock on their door. Character B is a familiar, a shapeshifter bound to serve a certain magical family. The next-of-kin rules means that the two characters are bound together. Character A inherits their old family home, their parents' magical possessions, etc, and must decide what to do from there.

#2 -- This one could be a more realistic setting with a supernatural twist. It could also just be a setting where the supernatural is real. It's simple, but I feel like it has potential to go wherever we want. Character A is an almost entirely successful monster hunter and researcher for a cure. For years they have been tracking down an ancient vampire, and they come across more than they can handle. After being recognized as a monster hunter, Character A is cursed, injured, or turned, and left to their own worst nightmare with little idea of what to do. Then they meet Character B, the vampire that they had been tracking, who does not recognize them, and offers to help.

#3 -- This one is an open world fantasy. Character A is the prince of a magical kingdom that is known for its cruel, but powerful leaders. Character B is the child of a servant, born around the same time as the prince. The two characters grow close as children, and Character B learns a secret about the royal family that could lead to a coup-- the royal family has demon blood. Knowing that this information could lead to their downfall, Character A begs Character B not to tell, and promises that they will lead with a much fairer hand than their predecessors. The two are forced apart, and don't meet again for several years. As the evil king falls ill and reaches the end of his life, it is obvious that Character A is following their path, growing just as cruel as the leaders before them. Character B hatches a plan to change things, and finally the two are alone together for the first time in years.

So if you have any like minded roleplay cravings, let me know and we can work things out. Also let me know if I'm doing anything horribly wrong.

Last edited:
Hello lovely! I’m a huge lover of darker themes! I wouldn’t mind doing a darker realistic story, filled with fantasy. Like, a 2019 version of Beauty and the Beast. (:

Hi,
I’m interested in trying out your second plot idea. Seems like it could be fun.

Hi,
I’m interested in trying out your second plot idea. Seems like it could be fun.
That would be great! I'm not a hundred percent sure where to go from here. Should I make a thread in the One on One forums and we can work out the details from there? And can you tell me what your preferred roles/genders/any other details are?

You could make a thread in the 1x1 section or we could PM - it really just depends on your preference. I don’t mind either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back