• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

New Dreams [Closed]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
The train slowed as it reached the station of Chicago, and the blonde woman couldn’t help the smile that came to her lips as she tilted her head towards the window. No reflection was there to greet her, but there was also no one to notice the oddity. It was a late train. Passengers were few. No one was even questioning the fact she had red eyes.

Not to mention airplanes were far more attractive.

Airplanes had just been too expensive for the woman. ‘Hardly a dime now.’ That would change soon.

She took in a deep breath of the new air, and leaned back into her seat. ‘Freedom.’ After too many years under her sire’s rule, she’d managed to escape. Goodbye Oregon, Goodbye clinical lab, hello Chicago!

The voice of some friendly stewardess welcomed them all into Union Station, and she took her bags easily from above her, not struggling at all under the weight even if she looked fragile. At 5’2”, with the build many had compared to a doll, she certainly didn’t look like carrying her ridiculously heavy black bag would be easy, but it was.

Being a vampire had some perks.

‘And some cons.’ She thought as she began to mingle with the humans out in the station. The blood was alluring, and her eyes moved over various individuals before she forced herself to stop breathing. It would be easier not to attack them, if she wasn’t breathing in their scent. ‘All right. This is supposed to be simple. I should be able to find where other vampires are, and figure out safe lodging, and safe places to hunt.’

Except, of course, her sire had never taught her how to live on her own. When she stepped out of union station and into the night, she wasn’t sure what direction to head. She hadn’t planned this escape perfectly, and things were not as obvious as they had been while in Oregon. Admittedly, she’d been engulfed in vampire society, and grown up there—what was abnormal came as second nature, once she learned to recognize it.

Here, she didn’t even know what was normal in Chicago. There was no money for a cab, though she contemplated a bus for a while as she watched individuals catching buses outside the station.

Her frown drew attention, “Excuse me?” She looked over to the human who spoke, “Are you lost?”

“One way of putting it,” she said, “I’ve never been to Chicago before. I’m…well,” she considered. In Oregon, vampires hung around campuses. Apparently drunk girls were easy to feed from.

That was how she’d been caught, too, all those years ago. One too many drinks, and then ripped from her future as a journalist, “I’m looking for the campus. I have a friend in the dormitory.”

“You’ll want to catch a yellow bus,” he motioned to the marquees on the buses, “All yellows go by campus. Costs a dollar a ride.”

“Thank you!” She had a dollar, somewhere. She sought one and then stepped forward to be closer to the sign. He followed her, and at her look, he shrugged.

“I’m meeting some friends at a bar that way,” he said.

She merely nodded and accepted it. Naturally, they began to chat, “Who’s your friend?”

She made up a name on the spot, “Anne. She’s studying programming. Wants to make video games. Are you a student?”

He shook his head, “Nah, just a townie,” he said, “I have a few friends going, though,” and he began to talk about them. They boarded the same bus, he texted his friends, and they got off at the same stop. His friends were there waiting for them, an interesting bunch in leather jackets that the woman couldn’t help but admire. All she had was an old denim jacket, which she wore over a black camisole. It wasn’t half as cool. It wasn’t even the same shade of blue as her jeans, but at least her tennis shoes matched her camisole.

“Which dorm is your friend staying at?” One asked her. “I could probably show it to ya.”

“Um,” she blanked. She didn’t know any of the dorm names. “It started with a G, I think….”

“The RGG?”

She gave an agreeable nod, “Yes.”

“I live there,” he said, “I can show you the way.”

Their friendliness was enough reason to be wary, but she allowed it and pretended to text her friend. They had walked onto campus by then, but this area wasn’t populated at all by students milling about. It was while she was doing that, though, that she noticed the quick movements of one.

Instinct took over and she moved her bag between her and what was obviously a wooden stake. It got stuck in the bag.

Adrianna Belton dropped her bag and stepped back, looking at the three men and one woman with fury in her red eyes. “What the hell!”

The one who had seen her at the bus stop put a hand on his hip, “It’s obvious what you are, and we have enough of a problem with your ilk here, preying on the students.” The woman among them took out her own stake. “It’s sickening.”

Adrianna narrowed her eyes. She hadn’t exactly fought in her life, either, but she understood the idea that vampires were naturally stronger and faster than humans.

Still, the vampire didn’t want to fight. She didn’t want to kill. “You really have me mistaken. I’m—” But the woman seemed pretty intent on killing her. She had to dodge the stake. The force of the woman’s attempt did nail her shoulder rather hard, and the stake broke off with the woman’s attempt.

The brunette woman cursed at the broken stake, as she was left holding just the bottom of it.

With a sigh, Alexander watched the time pass by.

Alexander was a student at the campus, studying Music. He had nothing to do at the moment so he just laid around, watching the clouds round by.

Looking at the clock, Alexander decided to take a walk, out to the count yard to clear his mind. His Father had be hounding him a bit more then normal about his study's this week and he was going through with draws due to not having much blood, so he wasn't in the best of moods.

Alexander had even got dressed for her, Black button up with stylish blue jean pants, and lets not forget the black hair, that have him the bad boy look. Which was probably the only reason no one messed with him. He looked like he might eat you alive most of the time. An to him, there was no pun intend by it.

He'd learned to control his hunger but no matter how much he worked to control it, it was still the same feeling. Hungry, which could have drove him mad if he didn't steal from the Hospital, for blood bag every now and again.

As he walked out side, he hear someone yell. " What the hell!"

Quickly, he ran to the location of the sound. Seeing a bit longer girl then his self, fighting or trying to fight rather, three guys and a girl. He stood back for just a moment, not letting anyone know he was there then as he saw it getting bad, he jumped in. Using a flash step, a special speed move that allows the user, only Vampires with a lot of skill, to move very fast to meet the location of where they're going. Keep note that over use of this move can weaken the user.

Alexander land, grabbing the guy that was throwing a punch, wrist. Snapping it right then. " Do you Have no respect for a young lady!" Alexander yelled. Feeling pissed, his eye glowed brighter red. " You want some? Bring it on, be happy to kick all four of your punk ass's." He add, ready to fight.

He didn't look at the girl behind him, he knew she was probably stun by his timing but thanks would have to wait. He locked eyes with the guy who looked like a afraid then at each of the other. " What! Afraid now that I'm here!?" Alexander asked.

The group of people said something to each other then looked at Alexander. " We'll be back, and best be ready. We'll kill you and that bitch." One of the guys said.

Alexander let a hunger grin escape his lips. " A bitch, huh?"

An before the guy could say anything else, Alexander fist was in his face, breaking his jaw and sending him flying. " I told you to shut up!!" He said, letting his anger get the best of him for just a moment.

Truly, Alexander could be kind but he also had a major temper and didn't take lightly to disrespected from people he didnt know or didnt like.

Turning back, to see the girl still standing there still. Kind of staring at him. " You alright? " He asked, as his eye's dimmed down a bit as he walked up, not to close to her. He wasn't smiling and everything about him said pissed off at that moment. Pushing his hair out of his face, he turned from the girl. " Hope they didn't hurt you to bad. " He said, trying to be friendly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rescue of any sort hadn’t been anticipated. Adrianna was plotting her escape, and whether or not her bag was worth it, when a man in black showed up. He made his status as a vampire immediately known through his speed. One of the men who had moved to try and attack her without a stake was taken down, and the vampire yelled.

Adrianna glanced out at them to see if they’d persist, but they seemed to back off. She didn’t care about the insult hurled her way, but the vampire did. A punch to the face silenced the man, and then the others began to flee. ‘You should have killed them.’ Hunters could be relentless.

Then again, perhaps this was a show of bravado.

The anger of combat didn’t vanish, but the blonde vampiress couldn’t blame him for it, didn’t hold the lack of friendliness against him. She pulled the broken stake out of her shoulder with an exhale of air and tossed it aside, “Yeah. Fine.” Clearly she was not all that fine. She had already been lacking blood and this bleeding wound wasn’t helping matters.

She hefted her bag up, “Thanks for your help,” she said, managing to smile in spite of the pain of her wound. She then asked, “I don’t suppose you know where a new face in town might go to get set up? I didn’t make arrangements before I got off the train and I’m not sure where the others of us are at,” she figured this vampire had been here for a longer time than she had and would know who she needed to see in order to get set up.

Alexander stood before her, hearing her question. He sighed. " Right. Well, this school has a few Vampires, which is why I'm here to look over them. The name is Alexander Rosbolt. My father is Lord Rosbolt. " Alexander said, calmly. " But if you are looking for the house, I can take you there but if that doesnt suit you, the house is near the Library of the town. You'll need a taxi, in less your proper to be jumped by those low life Hunter's?" Alexander said, clearly he had an a bit of an attitude about him.

Looking away for a moment, thinking about how he was being and thought about if he should say sorry. After a long moment of thought. He spoke not looking at her. " Sorry for my anger. It something I guess I have to deal with." He said, very dull like but at least he was trying.

Apparently vampires were going to school. To normal lives. The idea caused hope to burn in the woman’s heart once again, though she tried to stifle that on her expression. ‘Could I live a normal life again?’

Adrianna’s hope was almost quashed by the use of the term ‘Lord’. All vampires she’d met who utilized that term were arrogant bastards, and she wondered if she ought to refer to the one before her as Lord Alexander.

She pursed her lips together when he apologized, shook her head, “First step is acknowledging it,” everyone had issues. She had plenty, none she’d confess. “I would appreciate it if you could show me the way, Lord Alexander,” she figured to try at politeness. If this was a Lord’s son or childe, it was in her interests to be polite. “Er, I’m Adrianna Belton,” she shifted the weight of her bag, and offered her hand to shake.

Alexander looked at her hand, then shaking it. " A lot of people call me Lord Alexander, but you don't have to. People here do, cause they're afraid of pissing me off or something. Like im going to hurt someone with no reason." He grinned at the idea. " I do have respect to those lower class then myself. Who am I to rule people? That my father's job. " He said, starting to walk. " This way. " He said, pointing at the bus pick up area.

Awaiting for a bus to show up, Alexander looked over at Adrianna, though the corner of his eyes. 'She just a new vampire. Wonder why she here though.' His mind asked, raising a question. A Blue bus was heading this way to where they were standing. " Be best for you to remember this. The blue buses, only pick up Vampire studys, and other Vampire walking. Do not get on any other bus. Okay? You'll be an easy kill if you do. " He said, as the bus pulled up.

" Getting on, Lord Alexander?" The bus driver asked.

" Ya, see this girl? She wanting to go to the House, and for now on know she's a friends of the royal house. Got it?" Alexander said Calmly.

" Yes Lord Alexander. " The driver replied.

Alexander sat in the back, awaiting for Adrianna to join him. There was only four other vampire, who looked homeless, on the bus with them. As Adrianna sat Alexander looked at her. " If you are wonder why I told the driver you are my friend and to give you free rides, it because I knew you probably didn't have any money. Lucky you ran into me, huh?" Alexander said, feeling prideful then realizing how he seemed to be a jerk again.

" I mean.. Look at these four on here. Yes, there Vampires but they are homeless and staving. They have nothing. So I thought, just in case you couldn't get a room at the house, at least you have free rides, ya know? My father is greedy so for a one way ride would have been six dollar's. It crazy costed, I know. " He added.

‘We’re already on first name basis?’

Adrianna resisted reacting as if that were surprising, though she did take a glance down at herself. ‘Well, he said I was pretty.’ Pretty and brilliant, apparently the perfect combination to have her life stripped away in an instant of weakness. She knew that as a vampire, her beauty was often magnified to humans, but she didn’t think it was true to other vampires.

Well, if it worked, it worked. She needed every advantage right now, so she'd have to hope Lord Rosbolt liked how she looked, too.

She followed after Alexander, and listened to him speak about the buses. Apparently, she was to ride on the blue buses. Lord Rosbolt was not doing a good job at keeping the town clean of hunters. ‘One thing Oregon had an advantage in.’ Their rulers were not lazy sloths. They derived pleasure from hunting the hunters.

She was made friend of the royal house in an instant, and again she hid her shock. She followed him onto the bus and took a seat next to him, noting the others. ‘Hypocrite.’ It was all she could think when Alexander spoke of the homeless, after he had just said he had respect for the lower classes. Seems he had more than anger to work on. “I thank you for your favor, Alexander,” she was sincere in that, though she had no plans to end up homeless. How did they even survive? The sun was bound to destroy them.

Adrianna didn’t sound at all surprised by the methods of Lord Rosbolt. With power came the ability to abuse power. “Sounds like your father knows how to stay in power,” money was one form of power, “Is he doing anything about the hunters?” She inquired, finding it difficult to believe he couldn’t pay someone to get rid of them with all the money he must be making from this town.

Alexander looked out the window. " It doesn't seem like it. " Proving Alexander knew just as much as she did when it came to his father plans for the hunters. " I just want the fighting to stop. IT makes me angry to see there eye filled with hate, and for what? Some ass hole a long time ago had a problem with Vampires being around? " He paused trying not to get to angry. ".. It just not right. All this hate and anger. " He said, keeping his eyes on the window.

What good was he if he couldn't protect his people? Ya, he had the anger and the trouble with getting long with people but he was a good leader. He could do anything if he had the people behind him. That was his dream, to stop the war between Hunters and Vampires.

Alexander thought about his friend. How he must as felt in the last moment of his life before having it taken from him. " Cole.." Alexander whispered under his breath. Snapping out of his thoughts, he looked at where they were going. About another mile and they be there.

‘So, you have a good relationship with your sire, then.’ Or his father. Adrianna was still unclear if they were the same entity to this boy sitting besides her. His opinion on vampires was far too optimistic.

“We destroy lives, Alexander. Some of us even kill. It’s no wonder there are those that hate us, and it’d be a long process separating the good from the bad,” if there were any good ones. Adrianna wasn’t so sure of that. Of course, she only knew a few who would drink bagged blood. The rest preferred their victims live, and some solely lived on hunters they had captured, or hunted down, for the purpose of feasting.

Then, there were those who preferred innocents.

Vampires were demented creatures. “Perhaps some day, the majority of us will be worthy to talk with the hunters about living in peace, but so long as we must hide our identities, that day will not come.” And they had to hide it. If humans in general knew, there would be chaos.

She let Alexander think in silence for a while, glaring out the window as he was. She relaxed, and shut her eyes. Her supernatural hearing allowed her to hear him whisper a name, and she opened her eyes again to see him look away from the window.

She ventured to ask, tentative, gentle, “Who is Cole?”

Perhaps ‘was’ would have been better.

Alexander stood and started walking to the bus door, not answering her question. " We're here. " He said, getting off of the bus.

The house was huge. It was a late 18oo's French Gothic style but with a modern twist. The gate they would have to pass through, was made of Black Iron with Sliver shape tips at the end of each rod. Alexander open the gate with a key card he kept in his pocket. Then starting his bit of a long walk but the hill to the house.

He looked behind him, seeing Adrianna still carrying her bag, he thought he'd ask if he would help her with it. " Need some help?" He asked, trying to slow kindness but clearly annoyed but the walk. " I swear, when I become ruler. The first thing i'm having done is this drive way. It to long. " This coming from a Vampire.

‘Touchy.’

Adrianna made a mental note of that. She’d not bring up Cole again, but she would try to figure out who this elusive figure was that made the hot-blooded vampire so cold.

She followed after him, now starting to struggle a bit with the bag since the blood loss was getting to her. She’d be lucky if her vision didn’t start to swim. Even so, when the man asked if she needed help, she gave him a grin and shook her head, “I got it,” she said.

At his words about the future, she asked, “And when is that happening, eh?” Last she knew, vampires didn’t die of old age. He would never rule, so long as his father lived. Well, unless he was sent to another area to rule over there. She’d heard of that happening, when a childe had no chance of ever ruling their sire’s territory. “Is your father your, ah, birth father?” She had to ask. It was bothering her not knowing the relationship.

Alexander looked back at her, seeing the struggle. He closed his eye with a sigh. " Let carry this, before you bleed to death. " He said taking the bag. "An all this started back in the 16oo's, I think. You see, my Father is my birth father but, he had many wifes over the years. Some human some not. I actually had to fight one of my half bother, due to him being a half blood hunter. " Alexander paused thinking about how that sound, not rude but just left questions. " No I didnt kill him. I couldn't. But to everyone.. They think I did, so dont say anything. Okay?" He said, trying not to be loud.

Why was he trusting her? What the hell Alexander?? Shut up.

As they came to the door, he looked back at her. " Listen, when you get to my father, be respectful at all times and don't lie to him. He wont harm you, if you smiply tell him why you are here and be 100% honest about it. An dont worry, not even I will know your story. Only him." Alexander said. Opening the Main house doors.

In side was bright, made up of many different stone. Almost like you stepped into another world. The main hall was White marble and the sealing had Gem stone lights hanging above. Clearly, this place had more money then anyone else could think of.

Adrianna did not want to part with her bag, and almost pulled back, but her strength was waning. ‘Nothing in there worth fighting over.’ And so she let it go to Alexander. With her hands free, one moved to cover the wound the stake had inflicted. ‘1600s.’

Adrianna was not that old. She was around 60, having been born in the 1950s. Of those years, forty had been spent as a vampire, but she had not learned much under the careful watch of her sire. “I won’t say a word,” she told Alex after he let the beans spill about his half-blood brother. It was strange to her. She hadn’t event thought vampires were capable of reproduction.

She walked into the home and glanced around the grandeur of it. It certainly spoke of old money. ‘I wouldn’t be too sure of that.’ Even so, the only response to Alex’s statement was a nod. She would do her best not to lie, but she might omit details. “I understand,” she said as she cast her eyes about, awed by it all.

There had been grandeur in Oregon, of course, but most of the people she had seen were more practical with their money. Luxury was present, but not to this extreme. This was definitely new.

" Lord Alexander, what do we owe the pleasure?" A Butler asked. Alexander walked passed him and said. " Just need to see my father about this girl having a place to stay. "

The butler followed Alexander. " Sir, your father isn't home. He left for a few days. Said something about a trade in the Easy, he told us you were to watch over the house while he was gone." The butler said.

Alexander turned around quickly. " What did you say? " He paused taking in his words. " The house in trusted to me.. Even for a few day, I never thought I hear those words. " He then looked at Adrianna. Blank face, trying to take everything in. " Well.. I guess if its up to me, your allowed to stay here as long as you would like. " He said, a bit chipper then normal. " Alice, take her bag's here, and show he to her room. Adrianna, you can find me in the study if you need me. I have some studying to do. " He said kindly. " Alice will show you around and get you settled in. " Alexander said, waving bye for now.

Alice smiled at Adrianna as she walked up to her. " This way. " She said with kindness, holding a hand out to show the way.

As they walked through the halls, Alice just kept a smile on her face. " So I take it you'll be staying a while with us? In that case, you'll find this place to be perfect to anything you might need. " She said turning right, after the stairs, down the hall.

It seemed the Lord was absent to attend to business. The change this caused in Alexander was instant, and he began to give orders immediately. ‘I wonder what will happen when the Lord of the home returns.’ She might be kicked out onto the street immediately. Finding other contacts and a job were going to be important, once she got herself stitched up.

She wouldn’t squander the time.

Alexander didn’t, either. “Thank you,” she inclined her head in gratitude at his permission to stay, and then moved to follow after Alice. She didn’t reach for the hand that was offered, not wanting to be pulled along, but she did stay close.

At Alice’s query, she answered, “I suspect how long I stay is really up to Lord Alexander’s father,” she would call him Alexander in his presence, but she imagined it wasn’t good to act so familiar before the servants. “What can you tell me about his father?” Alice might have a better idea as to whether or not Adrianna was going to get kicked out onto the street.

Alice sat Adrianna thing down, then walked over to the bed making sure it was ready. " He's.. Well fair. Alexander makes him out to be a monster, which I can not say I blame him, with all her did to that boy.." She paused. " He fair to everyone but his son's. He thinks they should be made of hearts of stone and takes little time to love them.. So it depends on how you look at it. To someone like you, he's fair, to someone like Young Master Alexander, he can be very harsh. " The Maid said, before walking to the door. " Call me if you need me. I'll be right out side the door." She said, giving a smile.

Alexander was studying about Hunter history in the Library. He was so focused on learning about there history so one day he would be able to make a peaceful life style with them. He did hate them, but at Cole's requested, he would do anything for his best friend.

After a few hours of reading, Alexander stood feeling like he need a Blood bag. He walked up to his room, passing Adrianna room along with way, glacing over at the Maid as a wonderful look shake, but he rather not. He didn't want to kill anyone. The Maid bowed as he passed by. In his room, Alexander found his secret kept blood bag's, taking one out he torn into it, slowly drinking the warm blood. Of course it didnt tease the same as it would from the vain, but it did the same for him. As long as he had these bag's, he never have to harm another person to live.

Adrianna nodded her understanding, and then began to unpack her things, just a bit. Her laptop was taken out, as were a few medical supplies. She did not have any blood bags, but she had taken some first aid anyway. Vampires could heal faster than humans, but in her present state she didn’t think it would happen so fast.

She did go out to see Alice again to find out the wi-fi password, as well as a ready source of blood. It seemed there were bloodbags that were not considered secret, and so she took one for herself to restore what was lost.

She didn’t waste time browsing information about the school, tempting as it was, but went right to job hunting for nightshift positions. She spent her time filling out resumes, and did hear Alexander’s steps when he went by. ‘So, what does your father do?’ She wondered briefly, glancing at the shut door and then shaking her head.

She could imagine, if the man wanted his son to be heartless. She did wonder why Alex didn’t just leave. If he was from the 1600s, he certainly understood the world well enough…all those questions started to pop up in her head, and she tried to shake them off to resume her research into jobs.

A bit later that night, Alexander found his self board and wondering about Adrianna. 'I wonder if I should share one of thses with her..' He thought holding the blood bag up, looking at it. Then thinking. ' What would Father do?'

With a sigh, Alexander got up and walked to Adrianna door, knocking first and awaiting to be let in. " Adrianna, it me. Alexander. I got you something." He said trying to sound kind, but his voice had let to learn to perfect tone of kindness.

After a few moments without and answer Alexander started to walk away. " Fine then.." He said to his self, trying not to feel alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back