• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom NEW - Deltarune

If you asked Chara how they felt, it would not be indescribable. It was something you could only feel, words could never begin to explain how it felt to be them and how they felt mentally, as well as physically.

One new vessel was all Chara needed. A human vessel, to be exact. Their soul has been alone for so long, but they had a purpose. Chara needed a purpose in order to keep thriving.

Chara looks down to Kris. The sun was starting to rise, some of the light peering into the room through the colored curtains that covered the window. It was nearing seven in the morning, Toriel would sure come and wake Kris up sometime soon. Merging with Kris's soul was fairly easy since Chara accomplished it when Kris was asleep. No one was able to see Chara's body, monster, human, insect, you name it. They were a ghost, their soul now apart of Kris's. Only Kris would be able to see and hear them. If Chara wanted, they could disappear and only have their thoughts in Kris's head. Or they could disappear altogether.

But now was not that time for that.

"Kris," Chara starts off, their voice loud and firm, "Wake up. I know you can hear me." They stare down at Kris's sleeping body, eyes glowing their usual red.

DemonicLillies DemonicLillies

Kris mumbled a little in his sleep, moving around in the bed and starting to wake. He couldn't quite remember what he got up to last night but man, his legs were sore. He groaned, opening his eyes and sitting up.

That was his room, no doubts about it. Normal old room. Yup. That was- HOLY HELL!

He recoiled back in his bed upon seeing Chara, only managing to weakly point at them. He opened his mouth as if to speak but could only muster vague noises.

A sly grin spread from ear to ear on Chara's face, slightly enjoying the discomfort Kris was experiencing. "Cat caught your tongue?" Their ghost figure takes a step closer towards the edge of the bed, peering down at Kris. "My name is Chara," They place a hand right above their chest. "My soul is joined with yours. We are one."

Their red, glowing eyes slanted a bit as they looked at Kris. Of course they would be in shock.

He managed a few stutters, still pointing at the ghost. He took a deep breath.

"TORIEL!" He screamed, screamed as hard as he could. Maybe this was just a nightmare. A really, really real feeling nightmare. Yeah maybe that was it. Toriel should wake him up any moment. She'd give him some pie and he'd tell her about what a weird nightmare he had and she'd hold his hand and tell him he was fine. Yeah.

Chara let out a short, high-pitch laugh once Kris shouts out for his mother to come to the rescue. Next thing you know, Toriel comes rushing in, a much-concerned expression on her face while she hurries over towards Kris. "Oh, Kris, are you all right?" Toriel sets her paw on to Kris's forehead, just to make sure he does not have a fever. "You do not feel sick. What's wrong, Kris?" Toriel's concerned expression still remains.

Chara grins at Kris. They taunt, "Do you really think calling out for your mom will help? She can't see me. She never will."

Kris chose to ignore Chara's taunting, they couldn't be real.

"Mom I had this... this nightmare. It was really scary..." He whimpered a little. Chara couldn't be real that had to be a nightmare. Yet... there they still where. Just standing there. Toriel should have reacted by now, said something about them. They couldn't be telling the truth that isn't possible... merging with someones SOUL.

Kris shook a little, he felt like crying. Why him? Why did Chara choose to torment him of all the residents in this town what made him special.

"My child, what was the dream about?" Toriel sits at the edge of the bed, her expression sympathetic and caring. Just like how it always is. Chara rolls their eyes and speaks up, "This isn't a nightmare..." Chara begins to grin as they stand a step behind Toriel, placing their ghost-like hand on her shoulder. "But I can sure make it one... if that is what you want."

Chara was frowning internally. They didn't like how Kris was acting in their current situation, but it certainly could benefit them later on. Chara would just have to wait. "Stop acting like a coward, Kris."

Kris laughed weakly, looking at Chara rather than Toriel.

"It was... nothing. It was nothing. Forgotten it now, I'm alright." He laughed again, hoping Toriel would believe him. What a great idea that was Kris, just announce to everyone that "hey! theres a ghost and its possessing my SOUL! look at me!" that was just great. He forced a smile, maybe that would convince her. Sure didn't convince himself.

He didn't doubt that Chara could make things worse. They were already possessing his SOUL who's to say they couldn't take more. Certainly not Kris. This was bad wasn't it, this was really bad.

Chara's face expression remains still even as they notice Kris looking at them while they spoke towards Toriel.

Toriel frowns but does not persist further. She was not very convinced, but a worse outcome would come if she started to push forward. She sighs, "All right, I hope you will feel better soon. Are you feeling well enough to go to school today?"

Chara rolls their eyes and crosses their arms. "End the conversation, Kris. We have more sufficient things to accomplish."

"Yeah. Yeah I'm ok to go to school." He continued to look straight at Chara. "I'll be down for breakfast in a bit."

He waited for Toriel to leave before speaking again.

"So. You're real I've figured that much out, but what... exactly are you." Looking them up and down, he tried his best to analyse them. They just... looked human. Slightly see-through but... human.

"I am Chara," They start off, a sly grin on their face, "I merged with you soul. We are inseparable." Chara observes Kris's expression before continuing on, "I'm the demon that comes when people call it's name." They let out a short laugh before taking a step closer. "This is the inevitable, Kris."

He gets out of bed, stretching a little as he wakens fully.

"But... why me? I mean I'm nothing special, why posses me?" He was sure there were more important humans in the world somewhere, humans that could actually give Chara some value. Kris was just some kid who played pranks on people at school, really nothing special.

"Because... you're in the next world. This town has people I know. And you happen to be the only human here. Merging with a monster wouldn't be... let's say, ideal for right now." Chara tilts their head slightly as they lean against the night stand. "You just have to cooperate for my plan soon, or else I might have to make you."

Getting dressed, he sighs once more. So Chara was intent on staying then, didn't seem like there was any way out of it.

"Alright, alright I'm cooperating. I do have to ask though, this deal seems very much slanted in your favour. You get a body, a physical form. What about me, what do I get out of this?" He turned to face Chara. If they were going to be possessing his boy, he may as well find out what they can do for him. Might up his prank game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back