New Application

DamagedGlasses

Lurking Pun Ninja
  • How often do you visit RP Nation? When are you usually online, and for how long? This information will help the GMs whenever it's time to split the players up into groups, as we like to try and sort people by how often they post.

It has been a while since I've vistied RP Nation, however, this due to not being active in any roleplays. I live in EST time, so I'm usually awake at waking hours and long through the night, since I'm a voluntary insomniac. I can't accurately say how long I'm online on RpNation, but I can devote plenty of time, if need be, especially with my College/Highschool schedule looking to be good next semester.

• What sort of characters do you like to create and play? Having an idea of what you enjoy will help the GMs assist you in getting settled in Aegis.

I enjoy playing different characters. I've played fathers, daughters, freaks, and socialites. When a lot is going on, I play a lot in my own private corner of the RP, making use of assigned NPCs and the like, but I am also well versed in character interaction and building unique bonds that seem realistic and helpful. I can dedicate myself to a character, making sure whatever I play, I play it well, such as cowards and villains if need be.

• What are you hoping to get out of this roleplay? Obviously we're unable to meet everyone's expectations, but knowing what players are looking forward to the most helps us prioritize different aspects of the plot.

Unique character interaction. I want to test the water of Roleplaying since I've been gone a while and Welian's roleplays have done well for me in the past. I enjoy characters and bouncing off of other people, so if I get that, I'll be content. 

• Include a sample of previous roleplay posts. Aegis is a detailed roleplay, and players here pride themselves on well-written posts, thoughtful character interactions, and enthusiastic worldbuilding. Incoming players are screened for their writing skills (mostly punctuation, spelling, and grammar).

(The Scene: Obadiah Herrington, known as Kingsman, is taking his daughter to the special training center used by champions like him. They both possess their genetic ability to mark areas with pheromones and perceive actions and sounds based on the reaction the pheromones have to their surroundings. Max, his daughter, is very excitable. Also, to be noted, both father and daughter are afflicted with a brain tumor due to their ability that Kingsman has worked his entire life and invested large sums of money into a cure, if not for him, then for his daughter.)

[SIZE=small]Kingsman / Obadiah Herrington (And Max)[/SIZE][SIZE=small]In the large empty room that was the private training area, Kingsman and Max stood facing each other, feet apart, in the very middle, supplied equipment strewn across all around them. Max tensed her muscles, her eyes focused on her father, before she bent and touched her toes, breathing in and exhaling as she went down. Coming up with a new breath of air, Max smiled at her dad. She couldn’t see his smile, but she could hear it as he said, “Good form, let’s run through the stretches together, shall we?”[/SIZE][SIZE=small]Nodding her head, Max smiled, before she took a serious look at her feet. So close, and yet so far away. Getting determined, Max started going through her stretches slowly, her father closely behind her. Kingsman went through his starting stretches, keeping an eye on Max’s movements. This might’ve not been the most strenuous of exercises, but he didn’t want his baby to pull a muscle. That was why he was taking it at a slower pace than usual. There was no reason to speed through the stretches when it would only incite Max to do it as fast, if not faster.[/SIZE][SIZE=small]He knew how his little competitor worked, and he was not about to encourage self-harm. Touching their toes, the father and daughter duo filled the room with light chatter about nothing and everything. Max pointed out things about the stuff she had seen on the way in, asking questions relentlessly as Kingdom used his eternal patience to answer them kindly. He simply adored her curiosity. [/SIZE][SIZE=small]Max let out a large breath of air as she finished up, Kingsman silently following her as she jumped over to one of the bags and opened it up. Fetching one of the brilliantly clear bottles of water in the bag, she started to upend the drink into her thirsty mouth, only stopping when her father gently pulled the bottle away from her mouth.[/SIZE][SIZE=small]“You’ll get a stomach ache that way. Wouldn’t want to ruin your first time here at the training center, right?”[/SIZE][SIZE=small]“Sorry, daddy.”[/SIZE][SIZE=small]"It's fine, sweetie. Just don't want you to regret anything."[/SIZE][SIZE=small]Moving on, Kingsman went over to the side of the private room, his daughter taking smaller sips with plenty of time between each one. Hearing his phone buzz a few times, Kingsman took it out and smiled underneath his mask at the responses of his fellow champions, appreciative of them. He was going to make this the best day ever for his little princess. Putting the phone back into his pocket after sending a quick 'Thanks', Kingsman turned to his daughter, who had caught on to her dad’s movements.[/SIZE][SIZE=small]Accessing the control panel for the room, as well as his special settings, Kingsman called out to his daughter, “Alright, Max. Stretches are over. Time for Hide and Seek.”[/SIZE][SIZE=small]With a push of a button, the room was dimmed, only slight fluorescent light still coming from the ceiling. From Kingsman’s point of view, Max’s face brightened as the room grew darker, but her face was suddenly blocked as a standalone wall came from the floor, only the first to come as the entire training room surged into motion. Walls popping out from the ground, ramps suddenly opening up from the side of the room, and makeshift tables for hiding under. The mechanical buzz that filled the room was familiar and welcomed.[/SIZE][SIZE=small]Kingsman soundlessly turned his visor off, the glowing insignia becoming a blank black screen that revealed nothing. Taking off from his position quickly, he heard the soft pitter patter of his daughter forgetting his lessons in stealth. She’d remember soon, but for now the ball was in her court to find him, and it was not starting out well for her. [/SIZE]

Hi Damaged! It's great to have you on board! When you're ready, you can start working on your character. I suggest hanging around in the OOC thread to bounce ideas around before getting started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back