• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Neighbours (no relation to the TV show)

WereFolf WereFolf
Phoenix sat in the quiet zone of the 9:30 Local to Vanilleux, she had slept for most the journey and had only woken up to hear the driver announce that they were nearing Vanilleux Town Station, the end of the line the train slowed on approach and coasted to a smooth stop in platform 4, Phoenix dragged her suitcase containing her basic requirements out of the station and towards the taxi rank, no one was their not even a taxi, but it was getting late around about 11:46 she decided she'd walk to her new home, after all it couldn't be too far away Vanilleux was hardly a sprawling metropolis.

Phoenix was right it didn't take too long for her to get to her new home, she had remembered where it was from when her and her brother came to view it, she looked around the moving van, her brother and the key hadn't yet arrived. After calling him she realised she wouldn't be able to get in until the next day

(Did I write too much?)

Pixelated Pixelated (No, not at all)
Brian was out that morning as he had just been shopping at the local shopping center getting himself more music discs, groceries, the essentials for his life choice he chose to live. He was walking down the road with his ear pieces in his ears, wires plugged into his mp3 player, partially looking on the ground a bit in-front of him a few meters ahead until he saw this girl who he hadn't seen in the area before just standing there as he removes his head phones placing them in his pockets
"Excuse me, are you lost or something or looking for someone?"

WereFolf WereFolf
Phoenix span around on her heels "I-umm... uhh just, moved here..." She stuttered whilst curling her ponytail around her forefinger "b-but like... my brother has the umm...key" Phoenix sat on the curb looking through her bag for the key she had brought with her, when she couldn't find it she realised she must have left it on the train, she cursed herself for being so stupid but decided not to tell Brian, she didn't want to include him in her moment of stupidity, she could always go back to the station but the train had probably already left, along with the key, and she knew she couldn't run as fast as a train.

It was a bit hard to understand her a bit but in the end he understood what she meant a bit "ah... so your the new neighbour that's moving into this new home? I was wondering who bought it" he would approach her "names Brian, Brian Takashi, I actually live about 3 houses down from you, welcome to the neighbourhood" he would hold his hand out to her to shake it

Phoenix only briefly shook his hand "I-I'm Phoenix Seven p-pleased to meet you" Phoenix said before she looked back down and went through her bag again she was almost in tears. she would have to sleep outside in the dark and the cold, and what if her brother forgot to come? she'd be stuck outside forever.

Brian could tell something was bothering her as he sat on the curb next to her "hey... something wrong? You look sort of... panicked" he said with a slight concern "did something happen?"

"I-I don't have a key..." Phoenix said "m-my brother's m-meant to bring m-me one t-tomorrow" She stuttered between tears. Phoenix kept looking at the ground "u-until then I-I can't get in"

Brian would rub his the back of his head for a bit "I see... that is a bit of a problem..." he would think a bit "you know I got a spare bedroom at my place, why don't you spend a night at mine till your brother gets here?" He would look to her "and if your worried about if I'm going to try something, I'll let you call him before hand if you need to"

Phoenix looked over at him "R-really, you'd let me stay with y-you for a night?" Phoenix smiled at him "If your sure I can then yeah... that'd be great" She said drying the tears on her sleeve.

After calling her brother he confirmed that he was fine with her staying with Brian and that he would be there around 12:30 the next day

Brian would sling his shopping bags over his shoulder as he looked to her "Well... someone has to make a good impression of this place eventually, so I may as well be the one who does it. Do you need anything before we head there? The shops aren't to far, and for food don't worry to much about that, I can supply that much"

"n-no I'm fine" Phoenix said smiling just slightly she zipped her case back up and stood up again only coming up to Brian's shoulder "I think I have everything I need... at least for now" Phoenix yawned she hadn't realised how little sleep she actually got on the train

"alright then, lets us get going then" He would walk a slow like pace to her speed so it didn't seem like he would be just walking ahead as he would point out some of the neighbors homes, which were friendly, which were mean, which were weird in some sense as they would eventually arrive at his home as it was a simple home, single story with a front yard as he walked up the path opening the door for them "My home isn't much, it is a tiny bit messy though the living room with some wires though..."

Phoenix smiled " It's absolutely...Amazing! you have this all to yourself?" Phoenix turned to face him "I had to share my last place with my ass of an ex" She looked away for a second and then back again her smile had faded and she didn't say much else regarding her ex or much at all after that she mainly just looked out of the window deep in thought

Brian would rub the back of his head "well... I've been working since I was quite young, couldn't fully enjoy a proper school life though but... it got me this far by winging it a bit. But enough about all that, why don't I show you around the place? As far as your staying here, just treat it as your home, but... do tread carefully in the living room" He would gesture to the living room as there were some black boxes open, a DJ set opened and a laptop plugged into it as it was a bit messy, but besides that, the rest of the area looked nice

Phoenix just nodded she still didn't want to say anything even though she thought all his DJ stuff was really cool. It was a miracle she even got a house in the first place as she was currently unemployed she let out a sigh she didn't particularly like work but she wasn't entirely opposed to the concept of working.

Brian would look to her as he turned around "something the matter... you don't seem to be that cheerful you anymore, is there something I can do to change that?" He asked curiously "Perhaps you'd like some tea, or coffee or something, Not really sure what you like to drink"

"I... it's nothing" she whispered as tears began forming in the corners of her eyes before she broke down into full on crying she sat on the floor and curled up into a ball her head between her knees "p-please just leave me alone" she whimpered looking away from Brian

Brian wasn't really sure how to handle that situation at all as he had never really had anyone close or even been in a relationship, but he knew that he couldn't just leave her alone as he sat on the ground next to her as he gently placed a hand on her shoulder "hey... don't cry... I'm sorry if I made you think of something bad, but I'm not going to be someone who is going to judge you about anything, you are yourself, and that you should be proud for"

"I-I'm unemployed... broke... lonely... and scared" Phoenix cried tears now streaming down her face "and I have no idea what I'm going to do about it" she looked up "and that's something I'm not and can't be proud of" she inhaled a deep and unsteady breath before putting her head back between her legs

He would gently turn to her and gave her a hug as he rubbed her back to try making her feel better "hey... your not lonely anymore, I'm here to help you, if your looking for a job, I'll help you find one, if your broke, I'll lend you some money till your back on your feet, a for being scared, everyone is scared of something." He would back up a bit to lift her face a bit to wipe her tears "And don't be silly and say you can't be proud of yourself, you moved here because you wanted a fresh new start, that decision itself is something you should be proud of"

"Th-thank you Brian" Phoenix said hugging him and then immediately breaking it "I'm sorry, was that too sudden? " Phoenix said her face beginning to go red with embarrassment she sighed "I need to stop doing that..." before pulling him back into a second hug for a lot longer almost until it became awkward

"No problem Phoenix" Brian then was a bit surprised when she pulled him back for another hug but then just accepted it. "No... it wasn't to sudden, I'm just glad your feeling better, If you ever need something, I'm here for you, so today, just relax while your here" He would remain hugging her till it did indeed start becoming awkward as he cleared his throat "uh.. are you hungry..."

"Hungry? umm yeah I guess I am... just a little" Phoenix said breaking the hug she was entirely unaware that she had made Brian feel awkward. She left the room for a short while to get something out of her case before swearing very loudly and shouting "That's in the van too?!"

Brian was in the kitchen at that point before hearing her yell as he went to go check on her "something... the matter Phoenix? That yell surprised me"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back