• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Necromancer Quest: Crucible

Silvertongued

Yes, this is dog
You're Lucy. You're twelve years old. You work with your mama and papa in the Ashen Witch, the inn in the village of Kendelstat. It's a nice little place, on the edge of something called the Frontier. Apparently it's dangerous out there, but you wouldn't know, because you've never been outside the walls.

You've always been a little bit different. You could see things that no one else could, and whenever you'd mention them, people would get worried, or scared, or even angry. Mama eventually started crying whenever you'd mention it, so you told her you'd stop. It was a tiny white lie, because you can't really stop seeing them, or feeling them, or knowing them, but Mama was a lot happier after that.

It's been a pretty good year so far. The summer was the best you've ever seen. Nice and warm, without being hot and sticky. The harvest went well, and there was so much food that everyone had a big celebration. Even Father Ioseph wasn't as grumpy as he usually was.

There's just one problem.

Everybody died.

Well, except you. You're fine. But a little while ago, everybody started getting sick, and then getting sicker. They got sniffly and hot and sweaty and lumpy all over. Everybody was sneezing or throwing up. Even Mama and Papa and Father Ioseph. Then they all started sleeping and wouldn't wake up. Eventually, they stopped breathing, and died.

But a lot of them didn't leave.

Now they were with the people that only you can see. Some of them don't understand, and some of them get angry or scared, and there's a big scary one that lives in the basement of the church, but it doesn't come out anymore since you told it to stay there. Mama stayed with you. She's one of the ones that doesn't understand that she died. But she seems happy, if a bit confused, and she still loves you.

With all the people gone, it's been really quiet.

Except at the well. At the well, you can hear a voice. It's a nice voice, and its calling you by name.

Lucy. Lucy. It calls out, long and slow and drawn out.

I can help you Lucy.

You're just like me.

You're all alone now, and you have to admit, it would be nice to have some help. You're not sure what to do now. You can keep the village tidy, and the inn well stocked, but how are you supposed to deal with all the traders and the travellers that'll come with Spring? And who's going to help you with next years planting or harvest? You'll only be thirteen then, but that's stilla lot of work...

Ooh. Yes, yes I would.

I admit I'm curious about what angle you plan to take with it. The matter-of-fact, completely untraumatized tone kinda gives me the shivers! I dunno if that was the intent, though.

To those of you interested, Necromancer Quest will be going up within the next few days. I was waiting for the site update before I started posting, as well to aggregate some more notes, and now everything is all ready.

Hopefully, I'll see some peeps soon~

A Quest RP is kind of like a Choose Your Own Adventure. You know, like those old Goosebumps books, or anything by Telltale.

You follow the exploits of a character, and choose which actions for them to take, changing the course of the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back