Nation Building?

KhalZhavvorsa

Resurrected Darkness
Can someone pleaseee help me out here. x.x I'm trying to build a dystopian nation that's a futuristic fantasy type RP, but I'm not sure what all I need to put into it when making said nation.

What exactly is possible with nation building?

Tips/tricks for making a nation?

What I did for mine (and you can peep mine for ideas) was to have an idea of the locale, greater threats, and antagonists... (The bones of the story) then I selectively recruited people for my game who had good ideas for "factions"- basically their main character and 100-200 followers... Which provided the protagonists and interesting community dynamic.

I also suggest be as detailed as you can while still being abstract. Once you get bogged down in numbers and measures, it can rapidly get more complicated than fun... Fun above all is paramount!

Oh yeah. It's been killing me to work out the science part of mine as well as fill holes the best I can x.x And it's so overwhelming, but thank you for you help! Could you link your nation to me so I can look around and get a feel for how to make one? I have a general idea of how I'd like it to be, but I find it a lot easier if I can look into someones and see how they did it and all that. Which I noticed people provided maps of their nation, so I made a map for mine and oh my goodness it helped a lot x.x (Sorry. Babbling.)

Oh my gosh. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't say it enough. I appreciate you letting look around and help me gather some helpful mechanics for the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back