• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Naruto: Retribution

Honestly when it comes to elemental powers, I like to take the idea that rather than being big and flashy have the powers be used in unique ways like the aforementioned recon strings

Fair, in all honesty my way makes my characters weak to start off with but when it comes to an enemy that can't be beaten by just pure power that's where my characters get to shine

I honestly think that you should make the character you want to make. Who cares if they aren't as powerful in a straight fight as everyone else?

I sure don't care and sure that means when the inevitable BBEG shows up, she won't be doing as much but it doesn't she will give up and roll over easily and I wasn't trying to complain about strength over skill if that's what it sounded like

Ok, phew. Honestly when I first saw that there was a civil war, I thought about doing a kid who was screwed over by it but then saw that two others with Lightning release were planned to do that as well, so I threw that backstory idea out the window

I get ya. Although I do imagine there was collateral damage from that whole mess. Imagine a bunch of people with Sharingan fighting each other in the streets? That must have been a nightmare.

...i love how three different characters, so far are using lighting release for their main one.

Also Shadowborn Omen Shadowborn Omen are these stats OK for Chunin or should I reduce some of them?:
Chakra Control: 6

Chakra Pool: 7

Strength: 4

Speed: 10

Durability: 5

Utility: 10

It’s an advanced Chunin, he/she could probably quality as a Jonin with those stats but you don’t necessarily have to reduce them. What’s the 10 in Utility for? I only ask because that’s an exceptional score.

Oh yeah it would have been a nightmare for everyone. Actually that gives me a good idea for my characters backstory. Shadowborn Omen Shadowborn Omen OK thanks for the feedback and the 10 in utility is because nearly all of her techniques are based around supporting teammates, through distractions, hiding and recon

I’m super interested in this RP and would love to be a part of it! The only question I have is would it be too much of a hassle to have a Shinobi that specifies in a certain style of combat. For instance someone like Rock Lee would have immense strength, speed, and utility stats, however low level chakra pool and chakra control (with exceptions of using the gates) Also, by no means am I new to RP, but I’m very new to this site so it would be appreciate did I could get a bit of assistance.

I’m super interested in this RP and would love to be a part of it! The only question I have is would it be too much of a hassle to have a Shinobi that specifies in a certain style of combat. For instance someone like Rock Lee would have immense strength, speed, and utility stats, however low level chakra pool and chakra control (with exceptions of using the gates) Also, by no means am I new to RP, but I’m very new to this site so it would be appreciate did I could get a bit of assistance.

You could absolutely make a Shinobi like that. After all, an exceptional score of 10 in Speed, Strength, and Utility, combined with a 2 in Chakra pool and control and an average score of 5 in durability comes out to an SEI of only 39, which a is high-Chunin, low-Jonin level of skill. You could always change those numbers to get him to the exact skill level you want him to be at.

And remember, these numbers aren’t concrete! Your character is allowed to perform above or below their ranked stat from time to time, just like how in real life you might not have a great reaction time, but every once in a while you catch something flying at you even though you didn’t have time to react! They’re just an on-paper rating we can use to compare you to other characters on average.

Okay everyone, working on my two characters right now. Will hopefully get one done tonight, possible both (if my girlfriend lets me...). Once I make those two characters I'll look through the ones posted.

You could absolutely make a Shinobi like that. After all, an exceptional score of 10 in Speed, Strength, and Utility, combined with a 2 in Chakra pool and control and an average score of 5 in durability comes out to an SEI of only 39, which a is high-Chunin, low-Jonin level of skill. You could always change those numbers to get him to the exact skill level you want him to be at.

And remember, these numbers aren’t concrete! Your character is allowed to perform above or below their ranked stat from time to time, just like how in real life you might not have a great reaction time, but every once in a while you catch something flying at you even though you didn’t have time to react! They’re just an on-paper rating we can use to compare you to other characters on average.
On another note. I am currently away from a place where I can draw and apply my OC. I should be able to finish by the 12th-13th, however if the deadline is sooner I’d make sure to get it done beforehand.
Thanks again!

I had a question regarding the kind of shinobi that I'm going for. I asked the question before but I wasn't sure if it was answered, could jutsus be used while having the Eight Gates open? If so, are they limited to weaker techniques or can they use techniques as they normally do just expending a larger amount of chakra to do so?

I am interested in this because I honestly have never RPed in a Naruto game ever. I have an idea for a character and so I'll be working on him for the next few days. Once the draft is complete, I'll send it over for review.

On another note. I am currently away from a place where I can draw and apply my OC. I should be able to finish by the 12th-13th, however if the deadline is sooner I’d make sure to get it done beforehand.
Thanks again!

Assuming you're just talking about the picture, don't worry about it. If you just provide a small description of their appearance I will consider that enough and go ahead and consider your CS complete, and you can edit the picture in later. That's not really a required part.

I had a question regarding the kind of shinobi that I'm going for. I asked the question before but I wasn't sure if it was answered, could jutsus be used while having the Eight Gates open? If so, are they limited to weaker techniques or can they use techniques as they normally do just expending a larger amount of chakra to do so?

By technicality, yes. According to the canon, all the Eight Gates do is increase chakra flow and power. I'm going to be putting a limit on this, though. In the show, only Taijutsu users open the Eight Gates, but I'm not going to make that a requirement necessarily here.

When you open the Eight Gates, your chakra pool increases significantly, giving you more chakra to use and increasing your physical strength and speed, but it also significantly lowers your chakra control, since you would be exerting much more chakra than usual. Therefore, you won't be able to use precision techniques as well. Also, using Ninjutsu during the Eight Gates is extremely taxing, and while the jutsu would be more powerful, could easily put a character out for days or weeks.

The Eight Gates aren't something to be used lightly. I'm sure you know that, I just want to clarify that while I am completely willing to accept a character capable of opening them, they can't be opened every fight just for the hell of it.

I am interested in this because I honestly have never RPed in a Naruto game ever. I have an idea for a character and so I'll be working on him for the next few days. Once the draft is complete, I'll send it over for review.

Copy that!

Okay, I got my first character done. Hopefully there's not many errors in it, I did it mostly on my phone, BBCode and all, and my phone doesn't like to cooperate with me. So if you find one, let me know please so I can fix it, haha. My second character won't take me as long, he's a lot younger and only a Genin with not much experience under his belt. I've scanned the CSs posted now but haven't looked over them extensively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back