• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto: Blood War [IC]

Characters
Here

Tags
BeyondDandy BeyondDandy (main) & Witty Wild Witty Wild TheMADQ TheMADQ (in the background tag)
Tokiwa felt the slight bump of contact - a subtle little tug of the string on her finger - as her second shuriken attached itself to something hard. Quickly, Tokiwa begin to push some ice particles along the string as fast her chakra would allow, a fool-hardy method considering how quickly the shuriken was dislodged. That idea scrapped, the ice-nin paused to just listen, just hear around for her opponents whereabouts.

She could hear an odd clicking drawing closer, the buzz of something heavy taking to the air. She braced herself for close contact as the thing - Takeshi and his puppet she assumed - drew closer. He was getting closer to her position, even closer now when all of a sudden his movement just.. stopped. Cautiously, Tokiwa begin to form an ice encasing around her fists, just in case he did get close enough that a close quarters fight was necessary. She was beginning to itch for one anyway, all this long-distance stuff while being practically blinded was making her feel a bit antsy.

Her precaution turned out to be necessary after all as his voice rang out, alerting to some sort of scatter shot attack. Tokiwa once again braced herself, bending her knees and putting her ice-protected hands in front of her head in an x-shape to offer herself some protection. A couple kunai lodged themselves into her ice-fists; one nicked the edge of her shoulder, a cut Tokiwa barely felt through the adrenaline.

She pulled them free of the ice quickly, stashing two of them in her belt before beginning to sprint in his direction - or the direction his voice had sounded to be in - as fast as her feet could carry her. Already pushing more ice particles along her fists to compensate for the ones the kunai had eroded away, Tokiwa swung her ice-fist as she made contact with the burly form now visible through the fog.

Tokiwa felt the slight bump of contact - a subtle little tug of the string on her finger - as her second shuriken attached itself to something hard. Quickly, Tokiwa begin to push some ice particles along the string as fast her chakra would allow, a fool-hardy method considering how quickly the shuriken was dislodged. That idea scrapped, the ice-nin paused to just listen, just hear around for her opponents whereabouts.

She could hear an odd clicking drawing closer, the buzz of something heavy taking to the air. She braced herself for close contact as the thing - Takeshi and his puppet she assumed - drew closer. He was getting closer to her position, even closer now when all of a sudden his movement just.. stopped. Cautiously, Tokiwa begin to form an ice encasing around her fists, just in case he did get close enough that a close quarters fight was necessary. She was beginning to itch for one anyway, all this long-distance stuff while being practically blinded was making her feel a bit antsy.

Her precaution turned out to be necessary after all as his voice rang out, alerting to some sort of scatter shot attack. Tokiwa once again braced herself, bending her knees and putting her ice-protected hands in front of her head in an x-shape to offer herself some protection. A couple kunai lodged themselves into her ice-fists; one nicked the edge of her shoulder, a cut Tokiwa barely felt through the adrenaline.

She pulled them free of the ice quickly, stashing two of them in her belt before beginning to sprint in his direction - or the direction his voice had sounded to be in - as fast as her feet could carry her. Already pushing more ice particles along her fists to compensate for the ones the kunai had eroded away, Tokiwa swung her ice-fist as she made contact with the burly form now visible through the fog

Ren got to his feet. The question had been an odd one and, to his mind, poorly phrased. He didn’t quite buy Kumiko’s explanation as to why she called chakra a substance. Frankly, he thought it came across as more of an attempt to cover for her mistake than anything, which if true didn’t surprised him one bit. If there was one thing he had learned in his fifteen years it was that people, especially people in positions of authority, hated to admit that they were wrong when it might cause them a bit of face.

Then again, she might have been telling the truth and just had a weird definition of “substance” in this case. It was impossible to tell. Either way he was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but he was still a bit suspicious.

A playful breeze blew through the training grounds and he stopped to enjoy it as Kimiko kept talking. It was such a nice day. Pity they were going to have to ruin it with ninja nonsense pretty soon. Still, he could take a few moments to enjoy it now, and he did, watching with delight as the wind made Tenshi’s hair dance.

(He just had to find out how she got that color. It was going to bug him until he did.)

As their teacher seemed to be finishing up he began preparing a demonstration of his talents again he couldn’t help smiling to himself. Always a bit of a showman, he loved being asked to strut his stuff, and a tune began playing in his head as he thought about the best way to do that.

Then it all came to a screeching halt again as Kimiko said “Now then. We will begin with physical training. In the third training grounds I have set up an obstacle course for you two. The purpose of this obstacle course will be to demonstrate just what you can do and how that brain of yours tinker.” She gave a nod in the general direction of the training grounds, obviously expecting them to already know the way. It was a fair assumption. If you were a student at the academy of course you knew where the grounds were. It was where they did all of their outdoor activities. “If you don’t know where it is, feel free to follow me. If you do - well - I’ll see you there!”

With that she headed out. As Tenshi rose to follow her Ren hesitated, confused, and said, “Obstacle course? I thought you wanted a demonstration. I can’t do my thing there.”

Last edited:

What happened next was a cycle of bipolarity too fast for Yota to really follow mentally. First a smile that Yota tried to quickly return with one of his own. Then a bang as a pan apparated into the girl's hand and made contact with the Hyuga's head. He sat down hard, biting back the girlish little screech of pain that threatened to spill from his lips as the girl resumed speaking.

Everything was a little blurry for a few seconds as sound filtered in and out. Yota quickly decided in those seconds that, pretty or not, 'Pastry-Witch' (and maybe all girls, as a general rule?) , was pretty scary. Hot, but scary. Maybe interacting with all girls was always going to be vaguely life-threatening in some way?

His vision clearing, the first thing the half-Hyuga noticed was how far away the pastry box was from him now. Of course, he didn't dare reach for another one, not while Pastry Witch was standing guard, but now she was passing the box along the group. Maybe he could go for another one while she was distracted? Or, his conscious chided in, unhelpfully, you could just ask her. she did say she just wanted you to ask.

Thoughts of buttery confections were forgotten for a moment as their sensei reintroduced himself, flashing two enthusiastic thumbs-up's in their direction. They were beckoned towards the flame and Yota slid his way over, the metaphor lost on him. Rinne-sensei flashed a folder before opening it. It contained all their information, Yoga's eyes hungrily parsing over the few lines discernable. He wondered how difficult it would be for him to attain that folder, maybe read up on his teammates? His eyes parsed over their sensei's distinctly jounin (or at the very least, non-genin) form - Yea... Better not.

The call to introduce themselves (with how much info exactly) was one Yota quickly took.

"Uh.. So my name is Yota Hyuga," he paused to let the Hyuga part sink in; by now he was used to the incredulous voices that would follow, given his distinctly un-Hyuna hair and appearance. "if it helps, I'm only half," grey eyes flicked over to the folder as he wondered whether that bit of information was some their sensei could've read up on.

"Um... So... I'm here today, because uh... I was kind of excited to finally be moving on to something other then stupid academy warm-ups. My ambitions.. Um - " covering up his reluctance to share with a little half-cough and formulating a quick response, " - I guess I just want to be strong. My fears uh..." quick, half-second glance in Pastry Girl's direction, "y'know, uh, I guess situations and things I don't feel prepared for, maybe disappointing myself?"

That was a little deeper then he'd wanted to get into himself but Yota figured they wouldn't think much of it. "My breakfast, uh, really good pastry over there. Uh, dinner? I guess whatever mama Hyuga cooks up tonight." a bitter little chuckle.

"Uh, not sure what else I can say? So uh.. Yea."

What happened next was a cycle of bipolarity too fast for Yota to really follow mentally. First a smile that Yota tried to quickly return with one of his own. Then a bang as a pan apparated into the girl's hand and made contact with the Hyuga's head. He sat down hard, biting back the girlish little screech of pain that threatened to spill from his lips as the girl resumed speaking.

Everything was a little blurry for a few seconds as sound filtered in and out. Yota quickly decided in those seconds that, pretty or not, 'Pastry-Witch' (and maybe all girls, as a general rule?) , was pretty scary. Hot, but scary. Maybe interacting with all girls was always going to be vaguely life-threatening in some way?

His vision clearing, the first thing the half-Hyuga noticed was how far away the pastry box was from him now. Of course, he didn't dare reach for another one, not while Pastry Witch was standing guard, but now she was passing the box along the group. Maybe he could go for another one while she was distracted? Or, his conscious chided in, unhelpfully, you could just ask her. she did say she just wanted you to ask.

Thoughts of buttery confections were forgotten for a moment as their sensei reintroduced himself, flashing two enthusiastic thumbs-up's in their direction. They were beckoned towards the flame and Yota slid his way over, the metaphor lost on him. Rinne-sensei flashed a folder before opening it. It contained all their information, Yoga's eyes hungrily parsing over the few lines discernable. He wondered how difficult it would be for him to attain that folder, maybe read up on his teammates? His eyes parsed over their sensei's distinctly jounin (or at the very least, non-genin) form - Yea... Better not.

The call to introduce themselves (with how much info exactly) was one Yota quickly took.

"Uh.. So my name is Yota Hyuga," he paused to let the Hyuga part sink in; by now he was used to the incredulous voices that would follow, given his distinctly un-Hyuna hair and appearance. "if it helps, I'm only half," grey eyes flicked over to the folder as he wondered whether that bit of information was some their sensei could've read up on.

"Um... So... I'm here today, because uh... I was kind of excited to finally be moving on to something other then stupid academy warm-ups. My ambitions.. Um - " covering up his reluctance to share with a little half-cough and formulating a quick response, " - I guess I just want to be strong. My fears uh..." quick, half-second glance in Pastry Girl's direction, "y'know, uh, I guess situations and things I don't feel prepared for, maybe disappointing myself?"

That was a little deeper then he'd wanted to get into himself but Yota figured they wouldn't think much of it. "My breakfast, uh, really good pastry over there. Uh, dinner? I guess whatever mama Hyuga cooks up tonight." a bitter little chuckle.

"Uh, not sure what else I can say? So uh.. Yea."

[class=Info]

Font-Family:Special Elite;

color:Black;

padding:20px;

padding-bottom:5px;

background-color:#FFFFFF;

width:85%;

margin: Auto;

[/class]

[class=Line]

border-bottom: 1px SOLID #000000;

[/class]

[div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

[Div class="Line"][/div]

Airi Kimiko

[Div class="Line"][/div]

“Obstacle course? I thought you wanted a demonstration. I can’t do my thing there.”

“Of course you can! Trust me on this one. Unless you’re more comfortable with giving your demonstration before hand.” Airi paused midwalk to turn her head in Ren’s direction. She understood just exactly what he had meant and his hesitations but truth be told she had everything planned ahead of time; she wasn’t going to throw them around like the other Jonin did.

As the student spoke up, a breeze passed, reminding the teacher to slow her pace a bit more so that they could take in the day while they learned. Something that always ate at the jonin was the rush that ninja training provided itself. Either a fast paced hellish exercise or a routine so slow it made the individual feel as though they were dead. She nodded twice, taking note of Ren’s prepared stance for demonstration; there was no way in hell she was about to pass him up on the opening a second time. “Keep in mind that what you do here will be more than needed in your next lesson,” she hinted, eyes gleaming over to Tenshi. “Who knows? You both might need to combine skills.”

At this point she was giving a bit too much away but she couldn’t help herself. Something within her drove the jonin to subtly reassure her students that she was far beyond wasting her students’ time with mystical talk and pack mule work. In all fairness, she’d give right now to conduct a few rituals of her own but play-time would have to come later.

Drawing her katana, Airi figured the best way to make up to Ren for disrupting his preparations twice was to directly engage with him. Of course not go too harshly but remain on the defensive to get a feel for his capabilities; a way to gauge how fast each student would take to learn certain techniques and philosophies the jonin had in store for them. After Ren she’d take on Tenshi. Then if they were interested, both at the same time.

Darth Bambi Darth Bambi SomebodyElse SomebodyElse

[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div][/div]

“Of course you can! Trust me on this one. Unless you’re more comfortable with giving your demonstration before hand.” Airi paused midwalk to turn her head in Ren’s direction. She understood just exactly what he had meant and his hesitations but truth be told she had everything planned ahead of time; she wasn’t going to throw them around like the other Jonin did.

As the student spoke up, a breeze passed, reminding the teacher to slow her pace a bit more so that they could take in the day while they learned. Something that always ate at the jonin was the rush that ninja training provided itself. Either a fast paced hellish exercise or a routine so slow it made the individual feel as though they were dead. She nodded twice, taking note of Ren’s prepared stance for demonstration; there was no way in hell she was about to pass him up on the opening a second time. “Keep in mind that what you do here will be more than needed in your next lesson,” she hinted, eyes gleaming over to Tenshi. “Who knows? You both might need to combine skills.”

Ren shook his head, realizing at that moment that that there had been a misunderstanding. He had thought she wanted to see the important stuff. She had just meant ninja nonsense, though. Unable to completely contain his disappointment, he said “Man… I thought you wanted to see me dance" as his shoulders slumped just a little as

Kumiko had been in the act of drawing her katana. More kind hearted than she wanted to admit, she had decided to try sparring with her new students first, to gt a gauge of their capabilities and give them a bit of a confidence boost. Now she stopped, though, her sword halfway out of its sheath, to stare at him wordlessly.

Artists…

Putting her hand over her eyes as she tried to contain a smile of bemusement, she said, “You do realize that this is a ninja academy, right?”

“Well, yeah, I just thought maybe you wanted to see something good before we got into all of that.” He sighed and shrugged. “Sorry. I got all excited about a chance to perform. My mistake.”

Slowly she finished pulling out her blade, the razor sharp metal gleaming in the morning light. These two were going to keep defying her expectations, weren’t they? Well, at least it gave her an excellent way to motivate her reluctant pupil. “Tell you what" she replied after a second. "You do well with the training today and you can give us a demonstration afterwards. How does that sound? Don't think it will be easy to earn my approval, though. I'll expect you to give it your absolute best.”

Ren brightened up immediately, his face practically glowing with delight. Excited again, he agreed without hesitation. "Deal!" he said as the exhibitionist in him cheered happily.

Last edited:
Who Tetsunori, Location: In Front of the Forest of Death Tags: Left Out Left Out Darth Bambi Darth Bambi Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

The battle seemed to be over, the cage was no longer needed, so much like everything else Who just dropped it. The metal petals just fall down on top of his teammates, it shouldn't hurt them sense each of them is so light. But Who had no more energy, he couldn't do much of anything at that moment. He once again collapsed onto the board. He was shaking and curled back up into a ball. All he wanted to do was go home, he just wanted to be anywhere but here, if he could just disappear he would.

He tried to calm himself down, he remembered his breathing techniques he. He forced his berthing to slow down and it helped calm him down a little. He managed to gather enough strength to for him to sit on the board. He groaned looking at all the metal lying around all over ground. With a large sigh, he knew he would have to deal with that but not right now. Now he had a much bigger problem to deal with, people.

The metal board that Who was seated upon, slowly and weakly lifted into the air, it vibrated briefly knocking off all of the dirt. Who floated over to the table, though he was at the far end, to stay away from the others. He didn't hate them but he just wasn't in the mood to socialize anymore, not that he ever was. He dropped his face onto the table, he was quite letting everyone say there peace before he even spoke. He wanted to go last, hell he didn't want to go at all, but he was using that time to better compose himself. He was still having an internal freak out. But he couldn't put it off forever, he had to answer his teacher, so he once more forced himself to talk. He took several big breaths and opened his mouth but nothing came out. He looked away trying to avoid eye contact. He started to sweat as the spotlight was on him, the longer he remained silent the more he felt like everyone was judging him. He eventually dropped his head and he was just staring at the table. "...…..I-I...My name...Is Who... Who Tetsunori…..I don't know why I'm here....No... that's not true.....I don't deserve to be here....I'm not strong....I'm not determined.....I'm not brave.....I'm hopeless.....I only hope that one day I won't be a burden to those around me." When he was finally done talking he looked up, trying to give a small wave to everyone, along with a very forced and fake smile.

Toshi listened as Who introduced himself and gave them a rather watery smile. He looked like he wanted nothing more than to run away, but he forced himself to get past it at least long enough to give them an idea of his personality, which was honestly kind of downtrodden. Toshi had never met Who before, but he’d heard a little bit about him from other people and they all said the same thing; really shy, and reticent when it came talking about himself. And, now that he finally heard him speaking, Toshi could hear it, too, along with a serious note of what sounded like self hatred. Certainly he didn’t have any self confidence.

Toshi returned the smile with one of his own as Who finished up and buried his face in his arms on the table. He had a very pleasant buzz going at the moment and sipped at his drink, wanting to savor it now that the training exercise was over. “Don’t you think you’re being kind of silly?” he said, pointing the cup at Who, who looked up again, his brows beetling in perplexity. He obviously hadn’t been expecting that as a reaction and wasn’t sure how to respond. Toshi spared him the trouble, saying, “You have the coolest ability imaginable. I mean I sure as hell can’t control metal like that. All I can do is punch idiots. And you seem to handle yourself well when things get strange, and you’re kind of hot. Most people can’t even claim one of those things, but you’re all down on yourself for not being even more awesome? How amazing do you need to be before you’ll start to feel like you might be worth something?”

Toshi laid back on the table and turned his head to smile at Who yet again. “You know people talk about you a lot, right? Word gets around when you’ve got special talent. You’re here because you should be. Even someone like me can see that. So, cheer up a little, huh?”

Last edited:
“Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there I do not sleep.” Words that we’re spoken in order to comfort me, to prevent me from becoming a constant presence in front a stone slab decorated with names. There’s no comfort in a silent stone slab, and sometimes I wonder, what am I waiting for?

Hide lazily watched his new Genin fight off his imaginary demons, giggling and munching on pocky. Though he did have to frown at the girl who decided, no she was not going to play his games, and simply stood there. Hmm well, that was absolutely no fun. Huffing, Hide dropped from the tree he had decided was a good enough perch, allowing his chakra to trickle back into their awareness, the playful teasing and splashing of his chakra slowly reappeared. Clapping his hands sharply three times, a cheery hum shattered the silence as he his body ‘reappeared’ to his cute little Genin.
hm hmm hmm, nough of that now~ You’re all kinda shitty, so gather round Sensei is teaching now!”
Hide grinned down at his flustered students before plopping down lethargically in the now sweet and gentle grass. Hide savored the looks on their faces, drinking in their distress with barely hidden glee. They looked so damn adorable covered in fear sweat and Horror. Hide let a pleased sigh release, then splayed back on his back, the soft humming finally coming to an end.

Right so, Girl what the hell was your problem? Ya didn’t wanna fight? You just gonna sit there and let your teammates get mauled to death, tsk tsk. Shitty. Go home.”
Hide sighed, waving off his students and studying a blade of grass.
Ridiculous... Didn’t even lift a finger, regardless if it was Genjutsu or not, she could’ve done something, said something at the very least. If my intentions were to disable them and kill, they’d all be dead”

Rolling his eyes towards the lazy one, Jun was it, he blinked slowly at him, letting a smile slowly creep onto his face.
Go home Jun~ your reaction was good, defensive measures good, you’re still shitty though, guess we can work on it. “

As his eyes slid over to the zappy one, cries of mercy rang silently in his ears because damnit here was another enigma he had to deal with. The boys chakra was.., sigh.. he was gonna have to pull an all nighter to figure this shit out...or maybe he could go pick on Airi, she had lightning Chakra no? Cause that was definitely what this little shit had. Just...very violent Lightning chakra...shit. He was gonna have to study. Hmmm or...he could go get food with Jira-Chan...that seemed like a much better use of his time.
“last one, yeah you, you got problems kid. Like I dunno just go the fuck home kid, I gotta look into some things for you I guess. But ya know good job protecting your teammates, but also don’t? Anyway go home. Bye bye!”

Hide drawled, shooing them away with his hands, then with a snap of his fingers he cloaked his presence. Drawing a Genjutsu around him to hide him from sight he stretched and rolled his shoulders. Time to go friend hunting
Mirgris Mirgris
Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe
Beleth Beleth

Last edited:
[class=Info]
[/class]

[class=Line]
[/class]

[div class=Info][Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div]

[Div class="Line"][/div]

[ Name ]
[Div class="Line"][/div]

"Man… I thought you wanted to see me dance"

Ren’s shoulders fell forward as disappointment reigned over him … again. Had she really been doing this poor of a job at keeping her students on the brink of excitement? Granted, both Ren and Tenshi had stated early on that they were indifferent to becoming ninjas; it would be a fool’s errand to try and convince them of something they had already made their minds up over. Airi’s lips parted into an odd blend of empathy toward the student as well as a wave of content at learning something new about her student.

“You do realize that this is a ninja academy, right?” Her words felt a bit automatic to his response. Actually, between the choice of words and her unsuspecting tone the taste of her connection here was metallic. Dimples twitching lightly as Airi searched for a way to recover from her earlier comment. “Trust me, in this class you will have plenty of opportunities to dance! Say you learn how to fight and dance at the same time?”

She could feel her grin growing, fingertips dancing on the hilt of her katana as she completed the sheath. She followed her previous statement with another promise of allowing Ren to demonstrate his moves once training was over. Something to encourage him immediately? What would have Tenshi wanted as a sort of motivation? “Don't think it will be easy to earn my approval, though. I'll expect you to give it your absolute best.” Airi winked, a playful tone dancing at the tip of her tease. She expected nothing less of her newfound students.

“Deal!”

And just like that he had pepped right back up with more enthusiasm the jonin could admit she’s seen yet in him. Katana drawn out and gleaming in the sun’s rays, electricity sparked around the rims of the handle and the base of the blade, feet parting into a firm stance. “Alright. You first.”

"Go home Jun~ your reaction was good, defensive measures good, you’re still shitty though, guess we can work on it. “

Between the words, the tone and his overall disposition, this … man … struck Jun’ichi with a sort of uneasiness he was unaware existed within him. Drawing a fist across a blood crusted cut from his earlier antics, the genin growled lightly in response to the male’s casual addressal of him and his teammates. Just who the hell did he think he was, coming in here as though nothing had just happened? He was so … jolly … telling this kids to ‘go home’. Granted, today had been hellish and nothing more pleased the ninja than to curl back up on his bed for the next three days; but all the fun and pleasantries had been vortexed right out of him upon interacting with this individual.

Instead, he the one thing he had wanted more than a nap right now was to step forward and clock this man square in the face for his cryptic and eerie mannerisms. What sort of person grins and smirks at a group of genin would had just suffered? Sure it was just a genjutsu but everyone knew the impact of a very well developed illusion. While Jun’ichi had not been victim of one (up until a few moments ago), he had most certainly heard stories and were now solidified with what he had saw. Thanks to this man’s antics, the genin could almost have sworn he had broken a leg falling out of a tree like a moron.

“Right so, Girl what the hell was your problem? Ya didn’t wanna fight? You just gonna sit there and let your teammates get mauled to death, tsk tsk. Shitty. Go home.”

At least here Jun’ichi could agree. The female had stood very still, accepting her (feigned) demise. Not a single word had been uttered from her, a movement had been little to none as the world around her closed in. He had been ready to back her up, protect her even if things came down to it. But by the looks of it his efforts had been refused. The genin could appreciate a bit of the creepy man’s critique. No one else was going to say it and it had to be said now.

Then there was a question of his other teammate who had ran in guns blazing. Jun’ichi had taken note of the older male looking in his co-ninja’s direction, standing in front of him, arms out in a defensive position, eyes locked onto the taller one’s as if to challenge him had he planned anything. It was most certainly not something to engage in so early on in the academy but something didn’t sit right. And Jun’ichi was not about to stand aside and let his gut feeling nag at him. “Telling us to go home, eh?” He spat, words lulling over his teeth in their usual slothish ways. “Like you can tell us anything, we only take orders from our sensei, old man. So beat it--”

As if the magic word, the mysterious man disappeared from plain sight, leaving Jun’ichi staring dumbfoundedly into open space.

Just where the hell was their sensei?

[Div class="Line" style="border-top: 1px SOLID #000000; height:3px;"][/div][/div]

Kimidori Kaguya
Location: Konoha ---- Interaction(s): Left Out Left Out (Amaimon), TheMADQ TheMADQ (Who), Darth Bambi Darth Bambi (Toshi)

Kimidori carefully observed each Genin as they spoke, looking for their body language, listening to their tone of voice, trying to hear as much of their emotions as she could. Once they'd all spoken, and Toshi had done a little bit of attempted cheering on of Who, Kimidori took her turn to speak once more.

Looking over at Toshi, she would answer his disagreement first. "In this world, one never tries to confirm the intentions of an enemy that's throwing punches with such rage. You may not consciously have been trying to kill my dear Yuriko, but you were clearly too enraged by something to even realize it. One should never let rage take over in the middle of a mission, especially one where you're not supposed to kill the target." Kimidori paused for a moment, opening up her umbrella to shade herself from the sun.

Kimidori then looked over at Amaimon, her cold expression starting to slightly meld into a more spiteful one, though barely so. "You don't decide who has the right to call you by a name of their choosing; they decide if they have the right. If you want to deny someone a so-called right to anything, you'd best be prepared to kill them to keep them from doing such, Ami." Kimidori tossed the scroll in her hand over to Amaimon. "In this world, actual strength is what matters, not claims of strength through high-and-mighty personalities. Such a personality will only cause more trouble for someone if they don't have the strength to back up what they say. That being said, unless I or someone else acts upon it, there's nothing stopping you from keeping that mentality."

Kimidori then turned to Who, whom had fallen into self-doubt. "Yes, Who, you're hopeless. You're not strong, and you're a burden to those around you. You want to know why? Because you think you are. It's when you think you're hopeless that you're hopeless. It's when you think you're a burden that you're truly a burden. On the other hand, however, you don't really decide if you're worthless or not; other people do. Unless you learn to know yourself to the tiniest detail, other people will always know you better than you know yourself, and so your self-evaluation is meaningless if you don't listen to the words of the people standing right next to you. I'd suggest you and Toshi have a bit of a conversation now, because you could learn something about yourself."

Kimidori turned back to Amaimon. "I'd like you to join me at the hot springs for a little bit. At this time of day, there shouldn't really be anyone else there, and so it's the best place for me to show you something I believe you need to see if this student-teacher relationship is ever going to work."

Kimidori turned back to face the other two briefly. "We're meeting here tomorrow at the same time again, by the way. If you're late, you'll have to walk all the way to the middle and back of the Forest of Death alone."

Ren hesitated. A look that might have been taken for uncertainty flashed across his face only to be revealed as unexpected interest as he leaned in close to peer at her sword. He had seen her do lightning release earlier, but never would have thought of channeling it through a weapon like that. It seemed obvious on the face of it, but he knew that he would probalby have tried to focus on using it as a weapon in and of itself.

“That’s kind of cool”, he said as he brought a fingertip close to the blade. The electricity surged, trying to leap from the metal to him. “Must play hell with your hair, though. I mean all that static...”

Then, remembering what he was supposed to be doing, he stepped back. “Right, time to start getting a little more serious about all of this, I guess.” He closed his eyes for the briefest of moments and concentrated. As he did threads of pure chakra suddenly began extruding from his fingers and spine, sixteen in all, each about fifteen feet long. They coiled and waved lazily in the air as she watched, looking like the tendrils of some undersea creature and presenting a dangerous barrier to anyone that wanted to get close.

He considered weaponizing them. With a bit more effort he could make them so thin that they basically turned into long, flexible knives that could slice through flesh with ease. In truth he wasn’t comfortable with the idea, though, even if his teacher was using a lethal weapon. This was a friendly bout, or at least that’s what he assumed, not a life and death situation, and he wasn’t confident in his ability to control them well enough to avoid hurting her.

That made him smile at himself. As if he had any real chance of hurting a jonin. Still, accidents could happen even in the best of situations.

Making sure that Tenshi was out of the way he looked at his teacher, his eyes suddenly focusing with an intensity that he hadn’t shown any sign of up to this point, and he and the threads disappeared from sight.

“Have at thee, or whatever.”

Last edited:
Imadori
Freelance? I'm not that forgettable, am I? am I really not in the village that often? I mean sure I do take a lot of missions, and I am either in my compound or on a mission... huh I guess I really don't hang around too often. I guess it is easy for people to forget me...
I'm Just another Hanabusa to them, Just another pair of red eyes and blond hair they have to avoid and shut their doors too. no wonder she didn't recognize me, I'm not original.
Focus! I gotta keep my eyes on the prize, sides... I think she has the wrong idea of me anyway... heh I've been called a lot of things but level headed isn't one of them, still, she is trying... I think
I snorted a laugh, and lept forward to another tree, relishing in the blood pumping through my body.
"hmm yeah..level headed isn't really something I. or anyone really, would consider someone such as myself. i..do have a bit of a temper in all honesty...ha."

I shuffled my eyes nervously back at my new companion, then nearly tripped over a branch before righting myself. I could feel the hot flush of embarrassment sting my cheeks.
i coughed slightly and shot my eyes ahead​
Jeez i just got out of Konaha and i'm already embarrassing myself!
Stupid stupid, I can't believe I acted that way... I can't believe I said that...
Beleth Beleth

Tenshi observed the fight. At this point she was sure that Ren had some kind of hair fetish. His oddities with hair had to be the result of a fetish, nothing else would be this adamant for hair. They were going to fight too. She didn't expect him to win though. How was a genin supposed to fight a Jounin?
It was more a match to see how Ren did and less about winning though. As he summoned chakra threads, tenshi's eyes raised.
Chakra threads. Oh wow. That's interesting. What does he plan on doing? Can he control them well already?
It was also going to be interesting to see what a jounin could do. They were some of the highest ranking ninjas outside of hokage or ANBU
She sat and watched patiently. Perhaps she could learn a few things.
Beleth Beleth Darth Bambi Darth Bambi

Amaimon
Ami found herself rolling her eyes, honestly, the audacity of that Monkey was really something...it kind of made her want to giggle. not that she would of course. Ami was far too prideful and stubborn to give in to a silly urge like that. regardless if he was just a bit funny. although his little empowerment speech to Bubble boy did leave her with a more, pensive view on him. Amaimon already knew the boy had problems. hell anyone who looked at him could tell he did. but really well, so what? everyone had problems, and if he was just going to sit there and take the worlds beatings then he really wasn't a teammate Amaimon wanted to have on her side.
not that she was accepting onto her side. Not that she needed anyone.
Just me, myself and nobody else...
still the way that he kinda just took everything made her somewhat angry and, well sad... still shaking off that thought process Ami scowled as their new sensei addressed them, the scowl turned into a full-blown glare she had the audacity to call her by her nickname, something no one else called her but the precous few who were-
no, she would not think of it, because it did not matter because
soon none of it would matter!
her flaking skin began to simmer just a bit, itching and burning as the rash cracked up her exposed flesh. underneath the cloths was slightly better, what with being shielded from the harsh rays of sunlight, but still, this long without a full soak...
Even her mouth felt dry, despite having consumed a bottle of water not even ten minutes ago.
still when her sensei requested she joins her, a large part of wanted to resist, to scowl and snub her the right to her company. that was of course when he coughing built up in her chest, forcing out a wracking hack, bits of hardened black blood speckled her hand like specks of dirt. if that wasn't an answer enough then well, she might as well just die there on the spot... the hot springs were closer than the clan compound anyway... and so begrudgingly and with great a many scowls and dirty looks, Ami followed. shooting a dismissive hand towards her teammates/.
"later Bubble boy...Monkey"

Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe
Darth Bambi Darth Bambi
TheMADQ TheMADQ

[class=Info]

[/class]

[class=Line]

[/class]

[Div class="Line"][/div]

[ Name ]

[Div class="Line"][/div]

Airi Kimiko
Chakra tendrils leaked out of Ren’s fingertips as he completed his preparations, each individual thread floating about with a mind of its own.

Airi eyed the essence, taking mental note of its free nature and even how dangerous the ability could become had the ability been in the wrong hands. Lucikly, this wasn’t the case. Ren had a good amount of control over the chakra threads, even taking extra care to not whiplash anyone in the vicinity. The jonin looked down at her own katana, a spark of lightning flickering from the tip as it sat idly. This was not going to be a life or death fight, only an evaluation to see where the students sat. Which means …

… as soon as the lightning chakra made itself evident, it was gone, the blade returning to just that. This was their time to shine, not her own. No matter the intent, chakra charged weapons never looked good unless someone planned to make the battle a bit more than friendly.

“Have at thee, or whatever.”

He wanted her to go first? Maybe he had plans in mind. “For the sake of safety, I will not be using any form of jutsu’s here. But please, don’t hold back.” She offered a slight smile, a tease hanging around her last statement. Airi was confident Ren would give his best, Tenshi too. Still, the jonin had to offer the reassurance as she charged in the genin’s direction, hand gripping the hilt of her katana.

“Ready or not, here I come!” Upon reaching the genin, Airi took the first swing at the individual, aiming to lop at some of the tendrils. From far they weren’t too bad of a sight … but up close … these things were a bit menacing. Side stepping a few chakra strings, her blade swung a few times as if a hunter through a jungle.

Miu Hyuuga

"hmm yeah..level headed isn't really something I. or anyone really, would consider someone such as myself. i..do have a bit of a temper in all honesty...ha."

Had she said another thing wrong? Miu bit the inside of her cheek, keeping her eyes ahead at the trees in the distance. Could it be in regards to the sensitivity of clan stereotypes? Come to think of it, she is a Hanabusa … her family is known for being brash, angry and violent. Just like how the Hyuuga are known for having a pole so far up their rear it comes out their noses. Perhaps she could break the ice in that area … but Miu would have to be careful to not upset her new partner.

“I understand. If you’ll excuse my intrusion, Imadori-san but the impression I’m also gathering is you’d probably be thinking I’m taking some sort of jab at any pre-conceived stereotypes.” Her eyes continued to narrow at herself. How could she be so insensitive? Was this grounds for received hostility? Still, she’d much rather address the elephant in the room than to stay silent about it. “ … just like how you probably have yours about my family. I presume you are nothing like what the rumors say you are just as I trust you don’t think of me as some heartless elitist.”

The air between them tightened as Miu waited for a verbal response. Judging by the way Imadori’s eyes had been darting around and nearly falling over the next branch, the Hyuuga presumed discomfort was mutual. She paused on the branch ahead, offering a hand to her. “Are you alright?”

Rinne Nara - Half-Hyuuga vs Crystal Baker
Mentions: Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe , JustJazzy JustJazzy and Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight

It was clear that the Genin were reluctant to share anything valuable about their personal life, after all, Rinne was still a stranger to them. Despite bearing the title of Sensei, the three had JUST met him, so asking them to reveal all their sensitive information may have been too abrupt. [Dammit Rinne]. It was difficult for Rinne to decrypt negativity, being such an optimistic guy had its drawbacks. Ask Rinne the questions he asked his students and he’d answer with sunshine and rainbows - it was just who he was. However, it was apparent that these three had things they wanted to keep to themselves - and that was fair.

Allowing Yota to finish his introduction - one that didn’t reveal anything that wasn’t alreasy in the folder - Rinne smiled at his students. “You know what, forget all that. How about we play a fun game instead huh? Sound good?” He asked assertively, not really giving them another choice but to play. Swiftly, he removed a kunai from his tool pouch and threw it directly at a nearby tree. The kunai crashed itself stuck into the tree trunk fifty feet away and twelve feet off the ground.

Yota......Kana......you two are up first. Using everything you have learned up to this point, from the academy and on your own, I want one of you to retrieve that kunai and return it to me. You are up against each other in this game, so don’t get soft. I want to see what you Ninja are capable of. Nozomi, you stand watch for now [poor girl, from what I’ve read, she’s purely a medical ninja. I’ll make sure to give her my undecided attention when the others aren’t around]. So at the count of three, you go. Oh right! Incentive! Whoever brings me back my kunai will get to come with me tomthe Fire Temple tomorrow to train with Master Homura, one of the Twelve Guardian Ninja. Okay! Three. Two. One. GOOO!!!

@SomebodyElse @ WinterScoutus
REN​

Ren couldn’t help yelping in surprise as Kumiko suddenly charged and began slashing at him with that horribly sharp blade. She could see him? He knew he was no master of Transparent Escape, but he was good enough that he thought he might have a few second’s grace before she locked onto his location.

Backpedalling hastily he gave up on staying invisible since it was obviously useless in this case and a drain on his chakra. Instead he wove his threads into a barrier to ward off her blows while he tried to think. Crap, she was fast. He had been offered the chance to spar with a kenjutsu master once. Kumiko didn’t seem to be quite as good as that guy had been, but she was still scary quick with that blade. It was all Ren could do to avoid it.

He needed some breathing room. Up-close combat wasn’t really his forte.

Fortunately, dirty tactics were. As he leaped back to get some distance he whipped out several kunai with his threads and launched them at her. That was just a distraction, however, as he followed them up with a handful of dirt that he threw in her face to try and blind her for just a second. Then he took a moment to lay down some threads to trip her up... and ran.

First rule of combat; when facing a superior foe, cheat.

Last edited:

Toshi snorted in amusement as their teacher gave her little lecture to each of them. This was going to be one long semester if she kept misjudging him like this. Rage? She obviously didn’t know what rage was if she thought that Toshi had fallen to it even for an instant. Sure, the rabbit had made him mad when it spilled the scotch, especially after he had been nice enough to offer it to him as a gesture of friendly respect before they started. That wasn’t rage, though, not even close.

As he pulled out a couple of drinks she stopped yapping at him and turned to Pissy Girl again, saying, "I'd like you to join me at the hot springs for a little bit. At this time of day, there shouldn't really be anyone else there, and so it's the best place for me to show you something I believe you need to see if this student-teacher relationship is ever going to work."

Toshi fully expected Pissy Girl to leap at the opportunity to get something special from their esteemed instructor. After all, she had said that her whole deal was that she wanted to become the best and impressing her clan mates. (He wondered what that was like, having a clan whose opinions you needed to worry about. To someone like him, who had grown up without a clan, it actually sounded kind of tedious.) He was more than a little surprised and confused when a look of hesitance flickered in her eyes, like she was seriously considering rejecting Kguya. She finally gave in, agreeing to go, but that ever so brief hint of defiance he had seen was intriguing.

He filed that away for later as Kaguya turned back to face him and Who one last time. (Who the heck names their kid Who, anyway? It was kind of cute, but still…) "We're meeting here tomorrow”, she told them. Toshi thought she sounded sort of dismissive when she said it, like she had better things to do than deal with her own students. That annoyed him. “It will be at the same time again, by the way. If you're late, you'll have to walk all the way to the middle and back of the Forest of Death alone."

She turned to leave, then, as if she’d had enough of the two of them. Pissy Girl started to follow her, those ruby eyes of hers seeming to stare daggers at their teacher, at them, and at the world in general. She held up a hand, though, actually waving goodbye as she said, “Later, Bubble boy. Monkey.”

Or, maybe she was just waving them off. It was impossible to tell. Toshi assumed it was meant to be friendly, however. After all, he was awesome and impossible not to like. She just couldn’t do anything that didn’t look angry. Either way, she and Kaguya took off then, speeding down the path to the springs without another word. That left just him and Who, who was looking just as pensive as nervous as Toshi would have expected.

Well, that wouldn’t do. There was no way Toshi was going to let his new (and really hot) team mate run around feeling all useless and down himself. What Who needed was something to build his self-confidence a little.

Making a snap decision, he linked his arm with Who’s and started pulling him towards the Forest. “Come on", he said cheerfully. "You and me, we’re going to show that old cow what we’re really made of. She thinks being sent to the middle of the forest is a punishment? She thinks it scares us? Hah!”

He grinned and made a fist. “You and me, we’re going to the center right now.”

Last edited:
Takeshi Arikawa - Training Grounds
Mentions: JustJazzy JustJazzy , TheMADQ TheMADQ and Witty Wild Witty Wild

The fog was finally letting up, opening visibility just slightly. This meant the girl was either running out of chakra or she had been injured by the scatter shot. What came next was definetly her offensive move, just like the academy taught, the opponent would try to capatilaize when one’s defense is at its weakest. Takeshi started drawing his puppet back slowlt, as to prevent any opportunity for Tokiwa to follow suit. It was clear her fog jutsu impaired her own visibility - a drawback she may regret.

By the stillness of his surroundings, Takeshi decided to remain steady and allow Tomiwa to come to him. Worse case scenario he’d be in a close quarter fight, but in the end it’s be two against one so her odds against her. Finally allowing Poh to reach him, Takeshi remained behind the wooden puppet for protection - and that’s when he heard the footsteps!

The sound of quick feet dashed in his direction. He could hear each and every one of them, but which way we’re they coming from? His eyes shifted left and right, trying to pinpoint her attack. That’s when he caught glimpse of a dark shadow, a silhouette in the mist. [Got you!] he thought to himself, maneuvering his puppet on the offensive to clash against the dark figure. A straight on hit from Poh would finish her!

Jira Inuzuka, Location: Training Grounds, Tags: Witty Wild Witty Wild , JustJazzy JustJazzy , BeyondDandy BeyondDandy

Jira first took note of Takeshi's bear puppet, it looked very well crafted for such a young person. It was clear that he had much talent, he has a bright future ahead of him if he worked hard enough, she had no plans to let him falter. She couldn't observe for long as the field was quickly coated in a chilly fog. This was nothing for a trained Jonin like herself, she quickly focused chakra around here eyes and ears. Her faced gained more canine features, Here irises along with her purples thinned into slits, her ears twitch slightly. Her sense drastically increased, it was still hard to make out, but she could make out the fighting figures, she had to focus on all of her sense as best as she could to properly comprehend what what was going on. She was taking mental notes on how well there doing. Even though there vision is vastly impaired they still managed to fight well, this was impressive. Be it a bit reckless, they didn't seem to know exactly what they were attacking, and going to a wide area of effect. Though they started running back over. she could only assume that they were done with the little spar and were returning. They got closer and closer, if they didn't slow down then they would.... Before she could even finish her thought they both collided two opposing attacks. She was knocked back and rolled several times before stopping on her back.

She just lied there for a moment stunned form there assault, she was definitely unprepared for that. Eventually she sat up and brushed off some of the ice residue form her face. She routed her jaw few times and shook her head. She slowly got back onto her feet, she smiled and started to applauded them. " Alright sparing over! That was so good! Be it a bit reckless overall I'm very impressed! You even managed to land a hit on me! You all hold so much potential, I am so excited to see what you manage to turn yourself into." She was so chipper for someone who just got knocked on her ass, but all in all she doesn't even look bothered by it. She is so happy that everyone was already so strong they would easily be able to become much stronger. She noticed that Tokiwa has a cut on her shoulder, it didn't look deep. She quickly went over to her purse on the ground and looked around before taking out some gauze. She then goes back over to Tokiwa. "Let me take care of that for you." She is by no means a medical ninja and knows nothing about medicine, but she knows how to stop a bleeding wound. She many times had to patch herself back up after a battle, it was a skill any ninja who planned to live long should know. She really didn't have a genital touch, so when she wrapped up the shoulder it probably hurt a bit more than it should have. "There you go, that should take care of it for now."

She looked over at Chiruka with such high expectations from him, the bar had been set so high, it might place pressure on him to do as well as them. "Alright I just need to see what you can do Chiruka! No need to fight anyone just show off to the best of your ability okay? Don't worry about it, your going to do great." She went back into her purse and started pulling serval things out. "While he is doing that I want the rest of you to put these on." She pulled out some cloths, it consisted of bracelets, and under shirt, and something to put around you ankles. She went to each of you and tenderly hands you, when she let go of it, it was far heavier then it appeared. "We are going to start off light, so this is just a measly 200 pounds, we don't want to push ourselves to far too soon. But I want you to wear this at all times, when your training, when your sleeping, when your relaxing, when your fighting. I want you to become accustomed to it, so only take them off if you feel it is absolutely necessary." She then took a large ball out of her purse and tossed it over to Takeshi, it felt just as heavy as the cloths that they were handed. "I want you to hold this up with a chakra string, as long as you can, whenever you can. If you run low on chakra, you can hold it with your hands, or in a backpack, but only put it down when you sleep." She then spun around and looked back at Chiruka, giving her normal warm smile. "Alright you have my undivided attention so please show me what you got!"

Who Tetsunori, Location: In Front of the Forest of Death Tags: Left Out Left Out Darth Bambi Darth Bambi Kiyoko Tomoe Kiyoko Tomoe

Who flinched at every word spoken by Kimidori, he lowered his head further and further till he was pressing his face into the table. She was right he couldn't be the one to tell himself how well he was doing. Yet all the came to mind was all those times his brother told him he was useless and a good for nothing. But then he heard Toshi giving him praise, telling him that he was amazing. He didn't understand why he would say these things, or why he would be so kind to him, he barely knew him. He wondered if he could really trust his words, he pondered if it he might have just been saying that to make him feel better. But he thought for a second that they might be right. Before he could even finish his mental track was broken when Tosh called him hot. His eyes widened and every muscle in his body tensed, his mind went fuzzy. He could only squeeze out a high pitched squeak. His mind a flurry of new thoughts and worries. 'Does he like me? Does he want to date me? What if he has a crush on me and I cant return the feelings and I don't have the heart to tell him so I string him on for years and then finally tell him an he is heart broken? What if I don't have the heart to turn him down and start dating? What if I just can't break it to him and end up dating him for years and our relationship is loveless and is built on nothing but lies.' He just whispered absentmindedly. "P-p-please don't say that....I can't handle it." His mind was just a flurry of scenarios and anxiety welled up in him.

He was shocked out of how own head when Toshi locked arms with him. He immediately shoved Toshi off of him as hard as he could. "Don't touch me!" He turned away and grabbed his arms tightly, his knuckles turned white, he started shaking again, but it wasn't anywhere as bad a last time. He felt bad right away, he didn't mean to push him like that or scream at him. It was a knee jerk reaction. He clenched his eyes shut then opened them looking up at the sky softly. "I-I-Im sorry, I-I ne...its...just I. I don't like it when people touch me...." He turned back around to face Toshi. he was avoiding looking him. Who felt obligated to go with him after what he just pulled. He felt that if he didn't do at least this then he might have just messed up permanently.

He glanced over at all his metal junk lying on the ground, he quickly looked away form the grass groaning. "B-B-But before we go...I have to put all of that back" This day had just started and he was already completely emotionally exhausted, he didn't have the energy to deal with this, but he had no other choice. He is in a better state then he was a few minutes ago so he thinks that he can do this. He lifted his hand and the small metals blades swirled into the air before flowing back into the large metal ball, the compartment twisted closed. The junk metal stacked pulled into a large pile. Who pulled back out the two scrolls and let them unfurl. The markings on the scrolls glowed bright blue and all of the metal was encompassed by large cloud of smoke before being pulled back into the scrolls. Who rolled them up and put them away. The bracers lifted off the ground before vibrating briefly to knock off the dirt and grass before they returned to Who's arms.

Who floated over to Toshi still trying to look at other things. "....I-I'm ready." He said that, though he was extremely nervous about going into the forest of death, he felt like something bad was going to happen. Though that's not really different to normal, he always feels like something bad is going to happen. He floated over to the gate, peering through the fence he knew it had to be blocked off for a reason. "G-Get on....I will float us over." But despite his better judgment, he stepped up to the edge of his bored leaving plenty of room for Toshi to get on without touching. He didn't think that Toshi couldn't get himself over he just wanted to try and be nice, even if that meant getting closer then comfort, but he did what he had to do for the sake of teamwork. As Who crept into the woods Who started to look more and more afraid, it didn't help that he was surrounded by trees that was bad enough on its own. But God knows what was in this place, every sound, ever broken twig, ever crunch of a leaf, ever blow of the braes made him nearly jump out of his skin.

Last edited:
Truth be told, Kimiko-sensei had just been swinging aimlessly, aiming for the owner of the chakra tendrils. After all, the best way to attack a diversion is to go straight for the source, right? But what happens when the individual is barely visible. You swing. Airi continued her dance between the tendrils, almost forgetting about playing defensive when her arm brushed against one of the chakra extensions.

Right, right, this was a demonstration, not an actual battle. She had to ease up on him. It doesn’t help that her last engaging combat was with her brother, both ‘showing off’ what they had learned. Airi skidded back, manually placing her weight into her heels so that she could give the genin some space.

Before she knew it, kunai had launched in her direction from every angle. "Well played …" she managed to rush out before deflecting a few with her katana. “But what exactly were you..- ACK” dirt sprayed into the tips of her tongue as she spoke, rubbing at her face once before turning back to her now fled student.

Very well played.

Airi sneered at herself once, shaking the dirt off of her face before turning to Tenshi. “Alright, your turn.” She raised her katana wearily, eyes locked onto the female student. "Show me what you got!" Within moments she took off toward her, weapon at the ready.

SomebodyElse SomebodyElse Darth Bambi Darth Bambi

Her turn. Airi raced towards Tenshi. Tenshi realized she was being attacked. She had just enough time to bring her umbrella up and take a stance.
A direct confrontation wouldn't be ideal against a jounin, but she also knew that Ren knew that going in aswell. Repeating the same thing might not work.
Her best chance was to stall with attacks and hopefully either get out of the situation or let Airi decide she'd seen enough.
"Refraction Prism!" Tenshi yelled. The entire area started to refract visually, almost in a kaleidoscope kind of way Tenshi moved in a different direction. Trying to get away and create some distance.
Finding a spot out of view tenshi sat down.
I could try to set up a wind jutsu. In a few seconds refraction prism will wear off. Most of my abilities are based around genjutsu. Although I do have wind explosion. Unfortunately it's also not a genin jutsu and requires most of my chakra with my current level. I might have to rely on my umbrella. Perhaps creating an updraft I could use that as an attack. But I doubt it would be much against a jounin.
Beleth Beleth

As his eyes slid over to the zappy one, cries of mercy rang silently in his ears because damnit here was another enigma he had to deal with. The boys chakra was.., sigh.. he was gonna have to pull an all nighter to figure this shit out...or maybe he could go pick on Airi, she had lightning Chakra no? Cause that was definitely what this little shit had. Just...very violent Lightning chakra...shit. He was gonna have to study. Hmmm or...he could go get food with Jira-Chan...that seemed like a much better use of his time.
“last one, yeah you, you got problems kid. Like I dunno just go the fuck home kid, I gotta look into some things for you I guess. But ya know good job protecting your teammates, but also don’t? Anyway go home. Bye bye!”

Hide drawled, shooing them away with his hands, then with a snap of his fingers he cloaked his presence. Drawing a Genjutsu around him to hide him from sight he stretched and rolled his shoulders. Time to go friend hunting
@Zedalb
@Kiyoko Tomoe
@WinterScoutus23

My sensi knows I'm a failure. I'm not going to be a ninja. I'm going to have to learn a civilian trade and be a poor bottom of the barrel loser, no one wants to hire a kid with no skills, family or money. I'm a failure and now everyone will know how hard I worked just to come in nearly last. They are going to learn I have no talent to be a ninja.... Fuck.

I fall to my knees as my sensi, disappears in a flash. Just like that my ninja career is over. My fingers tighten around the sheath of my sword, squeezing with all my strength and anger. I sigh and close my eyes trying to slow down my heart beat and think clearly, at least a little.

Maybe I'll just go back to the academy, surely my whole career isn't over that quickly.

“Like you can tell us anything, we only take orders from our sensei, old man. So beat it--”

"We just failed a test, possibly we may not even be ninja tomorrow. That was our Sensi and he found us wanting, told us to go home and left. I think our only hope is to train. Or this is the test maybe? Like do we give up when things seem bad? Like in a mission right? Either way I think we all need to train until we see him again, because we may not be ninja if we don't. I honestly don't know"

Chiruka Hideki
Ruka stared wide eyed at the battle that had begun between his two newly minted teammates. Silver head frantically switching between teammates as the battle unfolded. He should cheer on his friend right? Right? Or, or maybe he should break it up...b-but Jira -Sensei wasn’t so should he? Did that mean it was acceptable? Should he join in the fray? Was he expected to?
Chiruka swallowed hard, maybe he could get away with watching for now... yes. Watching His new teammates ice release a shiver of fear went up his spine. Ruka certainly didn’t want to be caught up in that. But...he had to be useful. He had to be a good teammate and support them! As...as a medic! Yeah! He would wait for them to beat each other , and then he would heal them right back up! Well...not if they were just gonna fight each other again... that might be counterproductive. Heaving in a deep steadying breath, Ruka set determined eyes on his teammates, hands clasped and a shaky smile, Ruka strained to be heard over the commotion
“I um.. I-I -I’ll h-heal you uh u-up ! S-so ah y-yes pl-please g-give it your all Takeshi-k-kun!”
Pausing , Ruka blushed, stuttering and waving his hands frantically in front of him.
“Oh uh um n-not th-that you um w-won’t do y-your best um e-either T-t-Tokiwa-San-! I um, ah I uh w-wish you b-both the best!”

It wasn’t until Jira-Sensei decided that enough was enough (after she had been soundly hit with an attack going wide) and settled his teammates down that he felt his pulse begin to settle back down. Then of course he was called out and nearly had a heart attack.
“W-wh-ehat?! I-I-I u-um I don’t..I um..I ah I don’t really ?! Ah! Um what am I s-should I um?! “
A small pale hand unconsciously found its way to the fabric over his heart and knotted into the material in a tight grip. He couldn’t do this! He wasn’t prepared! Well he was in a way...he just assumed they would all be fighting each other?! And-and that would mean no one would have time to pay any close attention to him!? Right?! Sweat and fear began to bead out of him as his panic steadily rose, clenching his heart in a tight grasp. Swollowing and choking on his own spit (and fear...always the fear with this one) he shakily began forming the hand signs to his only known C rank. It was a Lightning blade technique, one Ruka found himself rather proud of learning and mastering as it was one step closer to figuring out his clans Hiden. Or at least something close to it... it really should have been easy and effortless for Ruka to do, but he was so damn shaky and so damn afraid, and they were watching him so damn closely, why did they keep staring?! Don’t stare at me don’t stare at me don’t stare at me please stop I can’t I can’t! Rukas normal precise chakra control seemed to slip through his fingers like butter, overloading his jutsu and flushing his body with the residue of his jutsu, said jutsu crackling and and sparking sharply in his hands and fluttered out and he was panicking , the world seemed blurry and tightness filled his throat as he tried to pull air back into his lungs to clear his and I can’t breathe I can’t breathe I can’t I can’t-!
And quite suddenly everything went dark. TheMADQ TheMADQ
BeyondDandy BeyondDandy
JustJazzy JustJazzy

Last edited:

Ren skidded to a confused halt. He had expected their teacher to chase him, and he had been prepared to play keep away until he came up with something. This was a test of combat skills after all. He thought she would push him to his limits to see what he could do. Instead she just gave a smile that looked angry and amused at the same time as she brushed the dirt off of her face.

Then- that apparently being the end of the test -she turned to Tenshi and said, “All right. Your turn. Show me what you’ve got”, and charged her. The look on Tehshi’s face as the woman sped forward, blade poised to kill, made him think that maybe his fellow student had been caught a little off guard by the sudden switch, too.

Ren could only watch for a second as Tenshi threw open that umbrella of hers to block the blade. For just the briefest of instants he thought it looked like she might try the same tactic he had, only sensible when facing an obviously superior opponent. She stood her ground, though, using the second’s grace the umbrella had bought her to snap out some kind of jutsu. Reality seemed to… flex, the light doing weird things as Tenshi ran in what looked like two different directions at the same time.

Ren had to smile, pleased. The distortions produced would make for a darned good defense in a fight. That was so cool! He wondered if he could learn that it for himself. Gathering his wits, he ran through the mudras to cast one of his own, chanting “Yokina Yariman no Jutsu!”

There was a puff of smoke and Ren disappeared, only to reappear in his ultimate combat form. Gone was his usual pants and tunic. Instead, now he was wearing a red and white mini skirt with matching halter. His single pony tail was gone, replaced by two that stuck out from the sides of his heard. Pink lipstick and dark eye shadow now adorned his face, and he was holding two large, purple and black pom-poms.

Leaping into the air and striking a pose, he called out, “Tenshi, Tenshi, she’s our girl! If she can’t do it, um... I don’t know. I’ll buy you an ice cream or something. Would that make you feel better?”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back