• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Naruto: A New Generation of Shinobi

Xillia

zєηιтн νιχєη
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In the beginning, there was chaos, nothing more than a climb for power and unity beneath it. That lead to two things, discord, and monarchy established all in the same fell swoop. A woman named Kaguya, one to be worshipped as a goddess and to be feared as a devil. She took her ivory throne and towered upon it with an iron will. But thanks to the heavy burden her sons faced, the great evil that had fallen to the world, was now sealed away and extinguished from history. That is--Until many centuries later. Kaguya, the Violent Queen would one day return, to face a new breed of heroes in a battle that would shake the very foundations of the earth, plunging it into darkness once more. And yet, as mankind stood on the brink of defeat, three brave warriors stood and with all their might, combatted the evil before them.

This lead to the end of the Final Great Ninja War. As Naruto Uzumaki would come to claim the mantle of Hokage, superseding his mentor and previous Hokage, ushering in a dawning age of peace. And yet, just how long would this peace last? There were many who doubted his conviction, to create a world of shinobi in harmony and acceptance of one another--yet many more encouraged him, lending their aid to unite prosperity to all the great villages. It took decades, but in time, his goals and all his efforts came to fruition, resulting in the world now that all shinobi thrived in.

Yet, for every light, no matter how bright, there would be a shadow to match it, those of unspeakable kind. Born from the ashes of the reform, rebellion. A mysterious group of ninja without a name who sought chaos once more, and eternal conflict, and with the decaying Lord Hokage Uzumaki, now great grandfather to a legendary Jonin and father to his likely successor, Boruto, the time was nigh to strike against. It began in the Village Hidden In The Mist, at first, it had only been speculated rumors, then propaganda, then violence. This level of unease created strife in the lands there and shortly started erupting elsewhere.

With the Kages not willing to point fingers at their own, they turned on one another, and the near fifty years of peace that endured from the Hokage's efforts was fading away into nothingness. Gripped by despair, he began the sanctioning and protection of his own, against all odds. Even against the ones he had considered friends, for Naruto no longer possessed the strength to unite the villages with the powers of his will, the new generation now taking hold. At first, a war was silent, unspoken and certainly not appropriate, but after assassination attempts on multitudes of Kage, open combat had reacquired its berth and engulfed all in its flames.

Naruto's son, Boruto took the reigns of the Hidden Leaf, tasking ninja, no matter how young and old to take up their cause and defend their home. An endless cycle of cause and effect, one that was only temporarily halted, had now plunged into the depths of darkness once more...

And as the lands below Mount Kamui erupted into chaos, amidst the snowy peaks, the monks of old did not bat their eyes. "It is the way of history, it is the way of all conflict--It is the way of men, driven by selfless ambition, to take the power they're given and try to climb above a pedestal and stand above all others."

"Like greed?" A young girl sat in earnest, her eyes bright and blue, lengthy hair kissed with golden flecks, small bits of amber lining the tips as though it was fire.

"I see you've actually taken the time to read of the ancients scrolls describing the histories of sin and their magnitude."

"Of course, Master Sengu. There is no other way to learn of the histories of the world if one does not devote their time and energy to studying text, a record from one who'd had the audacity to actually experience such things."

"Good, it's nice to see that Master Tei's teachings have yet to wear off." The old man shifted a little from his chair, candlelight dancing across his face, as the books and scrolls of the study seemed to erupt with secrets, breathing them out in nothing more than hushed whispers. At such a young age, it was surprising the girl had taken notice, a pupil of the snow, delivered on death's wings, now with new life and encouraged with the study of it all.

Master Sengu shifted a little and folded the scroll, laying it sideways on the table, "How has your training been going?"

"Excellently, Master!" The girl seemed to exclaim, her eyes fuelled with a deadly fire of hope at such an age as she pumped her small balled fists in the air a few times, "Master Jiryu is really tough on me, but I can really feel my Taijutsu coming together, oh, and I've begun to dapple in the art of shadow clones as well! I can almost make one... But they come out a little pale."

Sengu laughed and raised a hand up to stroke his beard, "Good, good. Yes, training is hard, but as the guardians of Ninshu, it is our sacred duty to protect that Sage Of Six Paths. You know only one is allowed at the time and Master Ren is getting rather aged."

"I do know. But Master Ren is so kind, and I would wish him long years."

"Young one, when I took you in, as much as I had love in my heart for an innocent babe in the snow, you possess a substantially high chakra threshold..."

The girl laughed and rubbed her head, messing up her long locks a little, but only seemed to reassure him, "I don't really care much about that chalk-rah stuff, but whatever it is, it's supposed to make me strong, right? So I can protect people like you and all the other Masters?"

"Then you know..."

"Yeah, you're training me to become a guardian, that'd be so cool!" She threw a few more shadowed punches in the air with her tiny fists and grinned, "I can get super strong and keep you all safe! You're getting old after all!"

Master Sengu chuckled, moving his hands to his knees and rising slowly, "Yes, you'd make a fine guardian of the mountain one day. But what's more... Young Claire, seven out of ten of the elders in the council would elect you a candidate for the recipient of the Sage's power. To instill peace for another century here upon this mount."

Claire's grin dropped and almost pulled to a frown, "Wait! That doesn't mean I'll have to get all old and smelly like Master Ren, right?"

Sengu laughed once more and lightly tapped her on the head, "Now, now... That's no way to speak of your elders. And no, you wouldn't just acquire age like that, but you'd most definitely be a powerful being, one who is fit to guard this mountain. It'd be leagues above the strength of your average guardian."

Claire's mouth slipped open in awe and her toothed grin return, "Of course! Then yeah, that sounds awesome!"

"But be sure you stay on top of your readings. You can be as strong as you want, but the ability to be wise and kind becomes regretfully more difficult the further along you go."

"Yes, Master. Master Tei puts it like this, 'A battle is only won with one's own harmony.' It's a scary thing I guess, to think your fists can't win a fight because apparently, it's a power I do not yet understand."

"That is correct, but with time, I am sure you will make an exceptional guardian. Now..." He paused a low grumble spacing across the quiet study, "Haha, it would seem someone's hungry. Let's return home and I'll make you some onigiri."

Claire's grin broadened once more, "YOU MEAN IT?" The excitement practically beaming from cheek to cheek as the small child bellowed with glee.

"Yes of course." Master Sengu hand came to rest upon the top of her head, "But you're going to help make them, the recipes of a great chef such as myself deserve a worthy disciple." Claire's grin never faded, and hand in hand, though they had once been strangers, the two walked home, as father and daughter.

Years and years on end would come to pass, as the blonde child, a stranger once in the arms of a monk grew to her family, grew to the acceptance of the Order Of The Six Path, becoming a disciplined warrior and even more astute scholar. But where there was peace on the mount, there was sadness. Master Ren came to pass, and the scroll of the Six Paths was passed down to the council. Claire had never devoted herself to the silly little debates she'd grown up to hearing, with her only goal in focus to become the fantastic guardian they needed her to be. And yet, without her presence being there, she was unanimously selected for the position to become the Sage Of The Mountain.

Waken from her sleep in the middle of the night on her nineteenth birthday, she was taken down to the depths of the mountain and locked away in the Chambers Of Rite where she spent days upon weeks learning the art of the Sage until the power accepted her and she, it.

Now, three years later, she was the esteemed Sage and Guardian, who spent her days locked away in meditation and study.

She sat atop a pool of water, that was rumored to be infinite if one was to fall in, though the blazing golden and blue chakra that surrounded her body kept her afloat. Her legs crossed in a similar fashion to how the Sage's were required and fingers gingerly folded in her lap, her head bowed, she waited in silence. There was discord in her mind. Her father, Master Sengu had been stricken with illness and had been bedridden for weeks. When she'd offered to use the power she'd acquired to heal him, he merely outstretched his hand and grinned.

She could even still hear his words in her mind, striking at her very heart like needles of ice, "My dearest daughter. You became so much more than I expected you to be. I got to watch you grow from a frightened child to one who devoted herself to the way of the Sage. As a Master, I could not be more proud, but as a father, I have no words, no words to describe my love for you and appreciation for everything you've done. How I only wish..." His eyes fluttered as she clung to his hand and his coughs grew substantially worse, "I could see you smile again... You never do anymore. Your face... It seems to distorted with pain and duty that you cannot bear the grin you once did... Leave me now, I fear I must rest once more. But... Come to me when I wake? We'll make those onigiri balls you like so much."

Claire had been so choked up at the time she could hardly tell him how she felt, but to ease his worry, she managed to squeeze out, "It's a promise." Tears welling in her eyes.

"Oh now... Don't cry for me, I have lived a good life... And I don't--quite think... It's over yet." His eyes then shut and his hand became limp, his breathing raspy but steady. He was sleeping once more. The Sage stood, turning on her heel and making way, locking herself in the Chambers of Rite ever since. Sadness hung over her heart, like a heavy burden. He had died days prior, she had felt his chakra disperse, but she harbored no tears, no wails of pain, instead, she lay in contemplation. Her thumb often lingering over her chest. Her final challenge.

The power of the Sage had entirely enhanced her Ninjutsu capabilities and had left her with a nearly infinite supply of chakra to retain the form, but the one thing she had yet to master, was a skill that had fascinated her since ages long before. Master Sengu had prided her in Taijutsu to use her fists to defend others, and the two had come to the conclusion to release an all new level of power that only a woman could receive in order to push her to the next stage. There was once a man who activated the Crimson Beast and survived from the Gate of Death thanks to the Chakra of the Sage. And within her, she possessed the Ninth Gate, the unspoken one that resided just below the center of her abdomen, in her womb. The Gate Of Life that would stem the power sent to kill her and allow for the Crimson Dragon to awaken, with all the power driven in that of the Sage's chakra.

A power she could so easily acquire, but one she did not desire, not since she'd lost her will. It was her unspoken momento. In truth, she'd known happiness, Sengu had given it to her. Even though he'd led her in life to believe that she was his own daughter, she simply knew it wasn't the case, and yet, he sacrificed his image in order to save a stranger, and showed her love she'd never experienced before. He loved her, not because she was the Sage of The Mount, but because she was Claire, the girl who'd burnt her first rice ball and had nursed him back to health multiple times.

Her long hair flowed out to her hip, spreading and flowing with the ease of the winds of her chakra, simmering just above the water, two sprouts from the center of her hairline cascading long strands of curled blue out to the side, one above and one below that curved together to almost form a sideways heart. Her body, slender and womanly had developed nicely, especially under the training regiment she'd so strictly followed. The world, it was erupting, it was in chaos, and no matter her title, no matter her role, she felt her fight was somewhere else. The long white coat that enveloped her body simmered through the water, hanging lifelessly as her mind brought back the memories of Sengu, of the joy she'd held. And yet, it all came to vanish just as quickly as it came.

From the depths of her despair, she heard a knocking, not a physical one, but that of chakra outside the doors that were sealed shut. She let the rage of her energy simmer to a quiet whisper and stood, her bare feet silently slapping the water as she made her way for the exit. Eyelids peeling back to deliver her bright blue eyes to light once more. As she stepped out of the water, she slipped on her tabi, adjusting the belt holding the embedded hamaka up. She adjusted her layered robe as well, slightly undone just above her chest to add for the breathability that was so hard to come by in the dense chamber. And with a wave of her hands, the large stone doors that held her in solitude opened. Standing before her, a young boy, clad in servant's robes who bowed his head either humbly or out of fear.

"Madam Sage... I... I bring you two gifts..." He extended his hands, "I-I Master Sengu... He wanted you to have these..." In each hand was a different item. A scroll in one, and a plate of onigiri in the other. It took her a long second, perhaps to bite back the desire to smack the gifts out of the boy's hands, but she accepted them, more concerned for the wide-eyed boy who watched her when he arose from his bow. "I--Do hope they're pleasing to you? I did not wish to disturb you."

Claire's face remained void of emotion, but there was a tickle of kindness in it as she spoke. "You need not fear me, or who I am. I was once your age you know, wearing similar garbs, tending to a Master. Do not bow to me as if I am a queen. What is your name?"

"Okorichi." He mumbled out, clearly still nervous.

"Okorichi." She repeated as she made her way out into the sudden blasted chill of the hallway. "Come with me." She began walking off to a sky bridge that connected one of the many mountains. Hesitantly, yet obediently, the boy followed, not bothering to speak, though he was in more of a jog to match her strides. Noticing this, Claire slowed down some. Was she really in that much of a hurry that she wouldn't bear concern for the wellbeing of others? Had long had it been since she smiled. The wind rippled behind and all around them, hitting them with the cold, Okorochi stumbling a little as he did his best to keep with her.

As they reached the end of the bridge, the warmth of fire greeted them and pulled them into a spiraling tower of bedchambers for all the masters. Claire's room was located at the very peak, and by the end of it, Okorochi was most definitely winded as he extended a hand to the wall for support. "Does the walk really wear you out that much?"

"I... No Madam Sage!" He puffed, trying to straighten up, though keeled over with another rough cough that almost made the emotions on her face change entirely. "Rest. We're here." She extended her hands and slid open the sliding door to a very simple room with necessities in it."

"Madam Sage?"

"Come, you must be tired. Sit for a while." She went over to one of the pillows, sliding out of her tabi and making her way to the center of the room. Though she addressed one of the pillows in front of her, a table dividing them.

Okorochi, though still worn from the climb, hesitantly took a seat. And yet, as he opened his mouth, it was Claire who first spoke, "You serve no master. You lied to me before, why?"

"Wh-Why would you come to that conclusion... I... I..."

"I know all of the Master's servants, it is apart of my duty as Sage. You're a masterless servant..."

"I..." Okorochi hung his head a little, the boy mumbling softly, "I must apologize. I did not intend to deceive you Madam Sage, but Master Sengu requested for me to come and give you those gifts."

"An orphan then?"

"Yes... Like many, I was abandoned and left alone. But I never quite fit in in the orphanage of monks, so I decided to spend my time sneaking into the library when I could to read, I wanted to become a scholar one day and..." He trailed off.

"And what more do you want to be." Claire's poise was straight, regal and strong, but her voice was calming. She definitely wasn't questioning him either, she was requiring him to make a statement.

"I want to become a great guardian one day... As... As you did." Claire's expression loosened a little and she moved her hands to the table, pouring some tea.

She then placed the tray of onigiri on the table. "Eat... Drink. The orphanage does not always have enough food to feed everyone... You must be starved."

"I... It would be unfitting for a servant to accept a gift from Madam Sage."

"Unfit nothing. In here, we're only people, we're nothing more than beating hearts and thinking minds." Hesitantly once more, Okorochi reached out, accepting the cup and a single onigiri, taking to them slowly. "Why has no Master chosen to take you on?"

The boy's eyes lowered again and his tone seemed to drop, "My chakra is weak. What's more, I can hardly control it... I can't be strong enough to care for any of them. It's... I've given up I guess. My dream to become a guardian, it's just a dream, a stupid dream. I am sorry for having bothered you with such things."

Claire's brows loosened. And she felt the words of her mentor come through her, "A servant must care for his or her master, but so too, must the master care for the servant. It is a familial bond you enter, not entirely one of servitude." She then fidgeted with the scroll in her hand, setting it aside for the moment. "If you are afraid, then that's okay, people are naturally scared."

"Well not people like you," He shot back, "At your graduation to becoming a guardian, you singlehandedly defeated twenty capable warriors. You were totally awesome."

"It was not a choice. I was set at that point to inherit this power you see now, to become this great presence that I did not desire to have." The boy simply stared at her with eyes just as wide as before, but no longer in fear. "I was once like you, an orphaned child, but I knew no struggles. The man who sent you here, I know he has passed, you've been fidgeting because you don't want to deliver me such news. I already know. There is no point in being afraid." She leaned back a little and let out a puff of air, "Master Sengu was a great man, who delivered me from the snow into his graceful care. Who took care of me until the day when I was grown and when I was a strong enough woman to conquer the challenge of becoming a Sage. It was frightening, absolutely terrifying, and yet, he made things tangible, he made them easy to undergo."

"He certainly sounds like a great man." Okorochi eyeballed the plate in front of him, not daring to move towards it, but his stomach betrayed him and let out a low growl. Claire almost chuckled with a scoff and slid the tray towards him, "Eat as much as you like. This is the first time I've spoken in weeks."

"But, Madam Sage! You need to eat." He shook his head, "Do not worry about me..."

The woman looked at him dryly and spoke softly. "I am worried about you. You're so frail, how old are you, boy?"

"12, come this winter."

"Twelve years old..." She trailed off, inspecting him. He practically looked like a skeleton beneath his robes and it was apparent that he scarcely ate. "Why are you so thin then?"

He kept quiet and bit his lip, but spoke after some time, knowing it would be disrespectful not to respawn. "There's this girl in the orphanage. Ophelia. She's always really sick so I gave her a majority of my helpings in order to ease her pain."

Claire's chest almost clamped in on itself, an honorable kid. One who understood the needs of self-sacrifice and devoted himself to others. "What happened to her?"

"She passed away from fever this last Summer. She was so filled with life... Half my age and always smiling... I couldn't find a reason not to help her, and now... I just have no hope. Like I said, my dreams are just dreams and I've given up on them. I am sorry I have wasted your time. I know a pathetic frail kid like me can never become a guardian, but I can do what I can with the body I have now to help others. I just hope the two gifts I've delivered to you were sufficient."

He took a bow and turn on his heel, but Claire caught him. "No, I'm afraid two gifts aren't sufficient." She rose from her pillow and made her way around the table. The boy was frozen in fear and it was clear he was shaking. "My Master is many things to others, a fool, a wise man, a warrior, a saint. But to me, he was a father. And his judge of character was paramount to anything. He did not send me two gifts today. He sent me three."

Okorochi turned, a little confused. "Young man, from this day forward, your name will be Oko, and you will not be a servant to me. You will not be locked into some relentless contract until the day either of us pass. From this day forward, you will call me Claire."

The boy began shaking as he stared at her, his face growing red and tears brimming at the corners of his eyes. "M-Madam Sage?"

Claire shook her head. "That is not the name I told you to call me. You will make a fine guardian someday." She walked towards him and laid a hand upon his head. "A guardian of the Sage and of the Mount is not measured by the ferocity of his fists, but by the will of his heart. You are one fitting to enter my service. Now go. There is a bath located just beyond those doors. Go and change and I will have a fresh set of clothes sent for you to change into when you are done."

Tears began falling immediately as he desperately tried to gaze up at her, but he couldn't. His body was quivering and his sobs were uncontrolled. And at that moment, after years of despair and dormancy, a strange feeling bubbled over her. The corners of her mouth began to twitch, revealing pearly white teeth beneath. A smile, was she smiling? Happiness, that's what it was, this must've been how Sengu had felt on the day he had taken her in. Truthfully, there was a stinging behind her own eyes as she ruffled his hair, much as her master had done years before. "Go... And do not cry. Today, and from all days forward, I will give you the power to change the world."

He nodded his head and moved into the side room. Leaving Claire alone once more in her chambers. She turned towards the scroll that lay there. It wasn't very large, but she opened it anyway, laying it out before her.

"You've already accepted him into your care, I knew you would. You're not the type to read first then assess the situation." She bit her thumb to keep the tears from falling as she continued. "There are many things more I wished to say to you before my time, and I know that as a Sage, your duties should come above all else. But this young man, he's been an aspiring admirer of yours, one who takes after your own heart in the safety and wellbeing of others. One filled with dreams and ambitions. They may seem difficult to reach, but I know you can be the one to help him achieve them. I have lived many long years here, most spent in solitude and loneliness. I swore even never to take on a servant of my own. But that day I found you in the snow, that day that you gazed up at me, I felt something different. I felt a certain joy and necessity to protect you right until the very end. I knew that you were frail, but I sensed great power from within. You were only a baby then, and I could've walked away and kept true to that vow that I'd taken, but I did not. I decided to keep you. You were a right hassle at first, nothing but trouble when all you did was cry and complain. But over the years, something clicked in you and you took after me, and every lesson, every conversation, every dish you helped me cook, I could only feel us both growing stronger. And after time, you flowered and matured into a strong young woman, fit to take on the world. You may not have wanted the power of the Sage, but it is an important one nonetheless. And now, your greatest battle begins within. My mind wanders often now, but with your help, I found peace in this aged existence. I found happiness. You taught me something that I thought I could never feel, a familial love that was unlike any other. You have a long road yet to walk, but one that I am sure you can accomplish as long as you believe in yourself, and that of your pupil." Teardrops fell onto the parchment and Claire hung over the message, breathing in every word of the writing. "There is a great danger below, an explosion of chakra that surfaced a few years ago, one you may find may put your own life and the lives of the ones you love in jeopardy. It is not going to be easy, but I ask you to leave this place, to leave the mountain. Teach the boy everything you know, and take him with you. Go and find the truth of yourself and grow and nurture yourself along the way. He may become a hindrance, but in time, you might find more reliance in him than you do in yourself, it has happened to me. Now, that I stand here at the end of my long journey, know that I have no regrets. That taking you in that day made me the happiest man alive. I never said it when I could, but I hope this will have to do now. I love you, Claire. Thank you for teaching an old man that a heart still resides in his shriveled out chest. You are indeed, my hero."

Nothing but resounding and silent sobs flowed from the Sage's eyes as she sat there, holding onto the paper for dear life as if it was the only connection she had left to her mentor. And after some time, she let go, drying her eyes on her sleeve and folded the scroll up. She laid it down on the nightstand next to her bed and regained her poise. Her fists clenched and unclenched. Eventually falling to a still, her mind now ringing with thoughts, one of which being, I am to leave this place... My home. To search for who I truly am. Sometimes, Master, I can never quite figure you out. But I do promise you this, that I will go, and I will honor your wishes, I will defy my role as Sage and as the Guardian Of The Mount and find the answers I seek. It will be my final mission for you.

. . .

Many leagues away, in a land where fall had set and the crimson sky, cast its neverending glow upon the gate of the Village Hidden In The Leaves, a man took a long drag from his cigarette. Similarly, to the aforementioned heroine, his hair was blonde and eyes were blue. Monuto Uzumaki. He adjusted his gi and vest, flipping a kunai in his hands as his legs dangled off the edge of a ruined building. The night was fast approaching and with it, the promise of an invasion. The intel was sound, The Village Hidden In The Mist would be attacking when the moon was high. Himself, along with staggering other numbers of Jonin and Chunin all awaited the oncoming battle, hidden out of sight but in view of one another. His voice was raspy and nowhere near as energetic as his forefathers, Monuto spoke. "Diz, this isn't going to be an easy fight. About fifty recorded combatants, there could be hundreds more looming behind them. They're after the Hokage... You know we've got to use lethal force in order to stop them." He gripped his kunai firmly and gritted his teeth, "You gonna be okay? Some of them may be people you know. Friends, lost cousins..." He squinted a little into the setting sun then turned his gaze to the aforementioned shinobi. One who'd switched sides not too long ago. But with that, a certain level of distrust from most shinobi. Monuto was not one of them. He'd fought alongside Dizzy multiple times and had more faith in him than anyone. Perhaps that was why Boruto had placed them together, but there was definitely more than that. With Monuto's ability to manipulate the winds of rasengan, and Dizzy's poison, they were a dangerous foe to be recokoned with.

Dizzy squinted into the distance. “Friends? I have no friends in the mist... you know that. I only have one brother among this world, and he stands beside me.” Dizzy smiled to his comrade. His time in the hidden leaf had been the best in his life. He could still remember his days growing up as a mist shinobi... To say it was difficult would be a gross understatement in his opinion, but now they were showing the world just how nightmarish he had always known them to be.

Dizzy grew up a troubled orphan to say the least. Spending a few short, pleasant years with an elderly couple. It had been great for his starting years, but the worst possible thing for the couple. You see, Dizzy was born “special”. He was born with a kekkei genkai aptly named “poison release”. Unfortunately for the couple when he began developing his chakra around the age of 5, he didn’t understand what it could do... and the couple paid the ultimate price for their generosity. The Kirikage at the time took notice of his power and sought to train him into the “perfect weapon”. He was successful too. From a young age they forced him to train; taijutsu, ninjutsu, stealth, killing, and anything else they could ingrain in him. By the age of 10 they started sending him on assassination missions, for which he had been very effective. Who would suspect a 10 year old boy asking for a hug from some pompous political official to be the cause of their death? The answer? no one.

Dizzy didn’t begin questioning his purpose in life until the age of 16. He was starting to wonder if the things he was doing were for the betterment of the world. His superiors had been quick to rebuke him with beatings, or solitary confinement. Dizzy grew to hate the mist, and they knew it. Sending him out with “handlers” to keep him in line, but they forgot what happened to a person when they have nothing to lose. Dizzy had been sent to kill the hokage, Naruto Uzumaki, whom they felt, in his advanced age was less a threat and should be forced to leave this world so someone else could obtain the power of the kyuubi...

However dizzy had other plans. He turned on his handler. Turning him in to the leaf shinobi in exchange for asylum from the hidden mist. Sure it wasn’t all daisies and roses at first. He had to earn their trust. First it was a prison cell. He hated being in cells, but it was short lived as boruto had a young son the same age, and thusly took pity on him. From everyone but Monuto, trust had been difficult to obtain, but Monuto trusted him from day one. Hell Monuto was the only reason he was a leaf Jonin at all, practically forcing him to join the chunin exams. The two had become fast friends and have been close ever since. So much so that they were considered the best duo the hidden leaf had to offer.

So there he stood. His sharp purple eyes staring into the distance. His spikey shoulder length hair waving in the breeze. His bangs falling over the top of his headband tied firmly to his forehead. Dizzy held no weapons, no kunai, no bags of shuriken. They weren’t necessary.

“So what’s the game plan tonight? They are sure to attack as soon as that sun sets.” Dizzy asked his friend and comrade in arms.

Monuto took another drag off his cigarette. Contemplating the battle plan he and his father had discussed. “Well... you know it about as well as I do, Diz. Although once it starts, it just boils down to who can kill more shinobi.” Monuto’s eyes seemed to glaze over as he spoke. However they were interrupted as a young Genin approached. A girl barely old enough to wear her headband. She wore short denim shorts and a pink long sleeve shirt with the left sleeve torn off, her arm bandaged from her shoulder to her finger tips. Her hair was short and brown, her eyes a beautiful pale green.

Dizzy didn’t like it but they were using squads of Genin to pass messages around from different units. Long range communication could be intercepted by the enemy, so old world tactics would have to do.

“Captain Dizzy, commander Uzumaki,” She saluted and bowed. “I have a report from the forward guard.” The girl said.

Dizzy stood up off the edge of the gate.

“Amaya, give your report.” Dizzy replied. He was so proud of her. Dizzy recalled when she had first graduated from the academy. She had been terrified to be a ninja, but her parents forced it on her. She had been assigned to his squad with two other boys less than a year ago. Dizzy had worked them all hard, but Amaya, he had worked extra hard. For some reason he took a personal interest in her growth. Perhaps it was because she had been forced into doing something she didn’t want to do, and thusly she reminded him of himself. Whatever it was, she was coming along nicely.

“Yessir captain sir,”Amaya pulled out a scroll, opened it and began to read. “Forward guard reports active engagement. 30mist shinobi, all at least chunin level. Taking moderate casualties. Need reinforcements soon. Active visuals of a tailed beast... it hasn’t entered the fray yet... end report.”

Dizzy’s eyes widened as he cursed. He looked back at his friend who only smiled. “Monuto, we didn’t plan for a tailed beast to attack. We need to adjust the defense strategy!” He stated trying his best to keep his composure.

Monuto chuckled. “Diz, stop worrying about it, it’s not going to change the fact it’s happening. I agree we need to change some battle plans. We can’t use gramps, he’s too old and weak. Kurama might kill him by accident if he tried to use his power...” Monuto’s eyes turned upward toward his friend, hope lighting them, showing just how much of an Uzumaki he truly was. “This ones all on us to fix, Diz!” He smiled that toothy Uzumaki smile.

Dizzy face palmed, sliding his hand down his face, revealing a smile of his own, his purple eyes glinted in the last light of dusk. “Alright.. they won’t know what hit them!” Dizzy turned back to Amaya. “Report back to the forward guard. Hold positions, keep defensive line and reinforcements are inbound. Dismissed!” Dizzy turned back away from his young Genin. She was writing furiously on the scroll, a moment after he was done talking, she rolled it up, and sprinted off.

Monuto finished the last of his cigarette, smashing the end of it on the gate as he blew out his last drag. He looked back, watching Amaya run off. “You know, one day she will probably make a fine wife!” He said in an attempt to make a joke.

Dizzy turned to look at him. “One day, she will make a fine ninja!” Dizzy snapped. Partly at the rude joke, and partly because he was worried the Genin wouldn’t survive this battle. It was always a smart tactic to disrupt your enemies ability to communicate, so he knew that they would target the Genin eventually. “Alright, get your lazy ass up, Uzumaki. It’s time to go to the forward guard and run wild, yeah?” Dizzy tried to laugh, but he was genuinely worried. He held out a hand for his friend and commander to get up.

Monuto took the offer and stood up. Putting another cigarette in his mouth as he spoke. “It’s like you read my mind Diz.” He smiled as he lit the cigarette, leaned backwards over the top of the tall hidden leaf gate, and free fell.

Dizzy followed close behind, jumping off, and running down the side. Monuto landed on the ground just up ahead, then sprinted of in the direction of forward camp, dizzy close at his heels.

The defense strategy had been split into four groups. Forward, middle, rear guard, and a final gate defense. Initially Monuto and dizzy had been assigned to the gate defense but boruto knew they would probably do their own thing as the situation developed. That was the thing about boruto. He generally didn’t care what they did, as long as it helped the hidden leaf, and didn’t get them killed. Dizzy wasn’t sure if they were abiding by their second unspoken rule. A tailed beast was nothing to scoff at. A tailed beast was the whole reason the hidden villages had peace for so long in the first place... It was because grandpa Naruto and Kurama were able to force that peace for so long. Now that he was waning, his power fading, unable to be the reckoning force the world could count on, or fear, the world began to spin out of control.

Dizzy pushed he thoughts from his head. They were getting close. He formed his chakra in his belly, partly out of habit, partly because he knew he would need it. He could feel the poison fill his stomach and he pushed it up and into his mouth. Sticking his four fingers into own mouth he regurgitated 4 shuriken, that he placed on a small metal hook on his belt, a kunai, that he placed in his left hand, and lastly a short ninja sword. He’d always hated this ability. It burned his throat like heart burn every time. Not to mention the gross sliding feeling in the back of his throat as he tilted his head back to pull the ninja sword out. Monuto had just so happened to look back during this process, about to say something.

“Ew dude! You know I hate seeing you do that, Diz!” He said in a half mocking tone.

“Then stop looking!” Dizzy replied to him chuckling a little, now fully armed. He still wasn’t done yet though. There was more to do since he could now hear the fighting up ahead, the explosions, quakes, and screams. However what surprised Dizzy more than anything was the massive beast sitting patiently off to the side. The red fur was so brilliant and bright, that even in this darkness dizzy could see the color. The massive tusks and large horns, dizzy and Monuto without even speaking knew exactly who was here today. Son Goku. Dizzy shivered at the massive amount of destruction this tailed beast could do. Not even mentioning his tailed beast ball...

Son Goku sat there, patiently in the darkness. His arms folded and his tails lightly whipping through the air, his massive eyes looking at one thing. The hidden leaf village.

“Why isn’t he attacking?” Dizzy yelled up to Monuto over the sound of all the fighting and death. The two still jumping and running though the trees toward the tailed beast.

Monuto took a drag from his cigarette before replying. “Well... I think he’s waiting for Kurama... if they kill gramps, then kurama would be released. They probably have son Goku here to deal with him. Not to mention the intimidation factor.” Monuto laughed. He was right of course, dizzy thought to himself. He was absolutely right.

Oko returned from the bath, cleaned and wearing clean clothing. Hey were far nicer than anything that his flesh had worn in all his years of life. As he walked into the room, having no idea what the Sage had just read, nor what she now planned to do. The day had already been so much more than he ever thought it could be, or would ever be. While in the bath he had cried the whole time. His dreams were finally coming true! But he was also sad, wishing Ophelia was here to see it. As he had gotten out of the bath, clean for the first time in recent history, another servant brought him clothes. She had given him a nasty glare, one that made Oko look only to the floor. She was right of course, he didn’t understand why the madam sage felt he was worthy of this honor... but who was he to question her?

Oko stood awkwardly near the door, unsure what he was supposed to do... “Uh... madam sage? What happens now?” He asked, clearing his throat, trying his hardest to be polite while also discreet.

Last edited:
Claire's gaze wavered a tad to the boy who now stood before her, dressed similarly to how she was. She took a few steps towards the nightstand with the scroll on it and pulled out two black tunics. She tossed one his way then slipped one on over her own coat, slipping on the mask of the rabbit. "We're leaving this place. This Mount, it will constrict you. " The boy staggered a little and caught the robe, wrapping it around him and pulled the hood up. "J-Just what do you mean by that?"

"We will descend from the mountain, and cross the great lakes, we will head to the shinobi world. Along the way, there will be many great battles, an opportunity for you to grow stronger. Along with that, it is my opportunity to go and complete the mission that Master Sengu has left me with." She walked towards him, then around him, slipping on her tabi as the boy simply watched.

"But what about the Guardians, will they not try to stop you?"

"No... None will stop me from this."

From the holes in the mask, he could see the pale blue eyes glimmering with hope and with fire. Oko swallowed a lump and looked behind him, at the final comforts of the room. "Ah-Are you sure?"

"Yes. And if I weren't to take you with me, I would disgrace you and strip you of the opportunities ahead. Besides... I am the only one fit to protect you and your ideals. But Oko, promise me this..." Claire opened the door to her chambers, glancing over her shoulder, "Never... Ever give up on your dreams. No matter how impossible they may seem, fight against the current for all you can. And conquer the storm that rages in your heart."

Oko bowed his head, no more tears this time, he accepted it. Her words were moving, fierce and kind all at the same time. "Yes, Claire..."

A stifled laugh emerged from behind the mask. "Good, get used to my name. From this day forward, I will no longer be Madam Sage in anyone's eyes."

"Understood." The two exchanged a glance and took off, into the night. Taking cover under the storms of the Mountain to conceal their escape.

. . .

"Yeah... That's definitely their plan. So they intend to acquire the tailed beast that Old Gramps possesses." He clicked his tongue and slipped a hand into his pouch. "There's no way we can even let them get to Naruto. Boruto might not be his most ardent admirer, but he'll still protect his family with his life. You know what we have to do, right?" His eyes trailed over to Dizzy, a small smile crossing his face as a hand came up to scratch the light scruff of hair where a beard should've been.

"Might just be two of us, but we're the strongest pair the Hidden Leaf has seen in centuries, what's a Jinchuriki to us?" He leapt down from where he was at, his boots firmly hitting the ground to let the enemy know of his presence. Maybe it would even buy some time for the kids that had been pulled into this crazy war... Maybe it would buy time for some Genin to survive just another night."

Dizzy stood there next to Monuto. His arms crossed as the two of them stared up at the jinchuriki. The two of them were more than familiar with the woman inside. Dizzy looked up at Son Goku.

“Minami! Get down here and talk to us! It doesn’t have to be this way!” Dizzy called out to the mist ninja who he knew to be the jinchuriki of the four tails. The massive beast began to move, looking down at them with big eyes. It appeared to recognize them. Dizzy figured Minami and Son Goku were discussing about whether or not to speak with them. They must have agreed to do so because Son Goku began to shrink, his figure turning from solid form into a brilliant crimson chakra, boiling down until a woman stood before them.

Minami was a tall muscular woman that still somehow kept the grace, and beauty of a more petite one. She wore long red hair, and her eyes were a brilliant blue color that screamed of intelligence. Blue tattoos adorned her face in the form of two upside down triangles just below each eye. She wore mist ninja garb, with black and white camo accents. A skirt over tight spandex shorts and knee high boots. Swirling blue tribal like tattoos spanned the length of both her arms. Her mist ninja headband sat hung around her neck loosely, yet proudly for all to see.

She pulled the hair behind her right ear and spoke. “What is there to talk about Dizzy? You know what we are here for, There can’t be a world of mist ninja dominance as long as Naruto and Kurama stand as a symbol of peace... let your people pass, Dizzy.” She said in a flat emotionless tone.

“My people?!” Dizzy barked in reply dropping his arms into balls of fists, “The mist are NOT my people. You tortured me, turned me into some child killing weapon. They did the same to you Minami. I can’t understand why you chose to stay... they aren’t my people, they aren’t my family, they aren’t even my friends. Now stop this. Before we have to stop you.”

Dizzy was surprised Monuto had yet to interject. He was a patient man, for the most part. Dizzy figured he was stalling for time and was letting the two speak before the battle began.

Minami laughed at dizzy’s threat, completely unintimidated. “You think the two of you alone, can stop me?” She asked in a mocking tone. “I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, but I’ve just returned from retrieving Gyuki from the hidden cloud. I single handedly beat Hatano. If you really want to contend with that, I’ll happily put a traitor in the ground.” She smiled back at dizzy.

Dizzy clicked his tongue in his mouth. He wasn’t happy about this, but he knew that he and Monuto could handle it, if they couldn’t? The village hidden in the leaves was done for.

High in the mountains a bell tolled, guardians ran about as masters left the room of the sage. Furious and worried. “What do you mean she is gone?” They yelled about at each other. Guardians running about looking for her every which way.

“No one could have kidnapped her...” one master said, smoking a rather long pipe. “She must have left of her own accord.” Another replied, stroking a long white beard that ran to his belly. “Perhaps it has something to do with the late master Shengu?” A younger master asked, his hair still colored but turning a dusty grey color. As the masters discussed the bells tolled in alarm around them. They were worried, they couldn’t understand why the sage had left. She had always been content in her duty, so why now? The snow whipped and whirled about outside, the sky dark save for the twinkling of little, brilliant stars.

Monuto clenched his jaw, listening to the two talk. He sympathized with Dizzy's case, perhaps that was the reason they were such great friends. But in all his years alive, he'd never even so much as seen a tailed beast, much less had to go up against one. Save Naruto for the former part of that conclusion, but no matter how aged he got, there was certainly an air of uncomfortable power that loomed about him, like a mountain fixing to erupt. He raised up his hand slowly, letting the conversation between the two old friends come to a rest. His will, now focused on the battle before him as his left leg slipped back, his right leg pulling forward just a little bit, his back arched with a menacing poise.

He was an Uzumaki, and he'd be damned if today was the day he left the village for cataclysmic destruction, no matter who their foe was. He was almost set in his focus if it wasn't for the cool stung that touched his cheek. "The Autumn Rains..." He chuckled, as the sky roared and crackled with thunder overhead. "It's a fitting way... To go out, don't you think, Dizzy?" The grin on his face was semblance to show that he was joking, but his voice carried a weight of resignation as if he had no hope of defeating the fore before them.

His gloved fists formed and tightened, his brows now set and his right hand drawing out one of the kunai from his pouch. "Now... If you two are done..." His feet planted firmly against the ground and he dashed forward in a zig-zag.

Dizzy made fast hand signs; bird, boar, snake. ‘Poison release: snake skin’ dizzy called out In His head. Purple oozing liquid seeped out form his pores covering his skin, hardening into snake scales, as the name suggest, covering all of him except his hair, and clothes.

Dizzy dashed forward right behind Monuto. Once again a flurry of hand signs; snake, bird, dragon. ‘Poison release: oozing bullet’ firing 3 shots in order to help give Monuto the cover he needed to get in close. Dizzy knew she would easily dodge the shots though, and threw two shuriken behind them, hoping to catch her off guard. Even with those two attacks dizzy had a third attack in mind, gripping his kunai and ninja sword tightly in his hands.

Minami saw the oozing bullets coming. Dizzy was so predictable it hurt. With Monuto dashing in for the melee, she had a feeling he would cover from a distance. She understood the nature of his chakra as well, and knew she could not touch it with any part of her flesh. She sidestepped the bullets, only to just barely get enough time to dodge the shuriken.

“Damn you Dizzy...” she growled, realizing dizzy had expected her to know his old battle techniques and bat them aside easily, leaving her open to the second attack. Drawing her katana she did a handsign and suddenly the blade erupted in crimson chakra. “Bring it on!” She yelled to Monuto as he drew in close.

Monuto grinned. For a Jinchuriki, she certainly wasn't as smart as she looked. Sure, one could easily dodge Dizzy's poison, but that's what he was there for. The power of the Uzumaki always strengthened itself in the use of the gale, descendants of the Rasengan since the late Master Jiraiya passed it on to his grandfather. But Monuto had figured out another excellent purpose to it, Dizzy's poison had a sort of essence it gave off, it wasn't just contact, but if you managed to inhale it as well, the effects would be all the same. In truth, he would have thought the woman would've figured it out sooner, but the less casualties this war claimed, the better. He lept quickly to the right, then forward towards Minami. His hand slipped into his pouch and using his superior strength, he threw his kunai ahead of the poison ooze. His current form disappearing into a gust of smoke only inches from Minami, now reassembling through the transportation kunai, his hands forming quick symbols as his stomach began to fill up.

"Wind Style, Vortex tunnel!" Then his hands made another quick sign. He waited as the pellets were soon shot back, at double their speed towards the back of the Jinchuriki, now raising his cupped left hand to his mouth. "Fire Style: Fireball Jutsu!" He exhaled again, a long blast of flames protruding from his hand and connecting with the poison, causing them to melt from their solidification and vaporize into a fine mist.

"No escape!" He exclaimed, falling to his hands and feet as he raised an arm to cover his face so he wouldn't breathe in the fumes, charging forward so low to the ground that he appeared an animal, a kunai clenched firmly in his right hand as he charged once more. "Let's go Dizzy!"

Dizzy smirked as he saw the quick thinking of his comrade, Monuto. There was a reason the two were considered the legendary combo of the hidden leaf, and this exchange was a perfect example of it. Their jutsu were well accustomed to working in tandem. As the poison smoke screen blasted over Minami, dizzy rushed in, obviously unaffected by poison, his purple katana slicing through the air into Minami. However, she vanished. Things would not be so easy for the pair of hidden leaf ninja. Dizzy felt his feet swing out from under him, as Minami swept his legs, her own chakra infused katana threatening to bisect him. Dizzy quickly reacted, deflecting the blow, just barely with his purple katana. The red hot chakra of Minami’s sword melting his soon after contact. Dizzy quickly landed, and rolled himself into the poisonous fog, knowing she wouldn’t follow. His fingers entering his mouth as he quickly regurgitated another poison katana to replace the one he’d lost.

Minami cursed as she missed her opportunity to wound dizzy. She had hated him for years for betraying the mist, and while she held a certain professional respect for him and his previous work, she stil despised him. Making quick hand signs, ‘boar, dog, horse, ox, ram. She shouted “lava style: intense release!” Her cheeks bulged and she blew a large bubble of lava hot and red, pointed it towards dizzy and Monuto on the other side of the cloud of poison smoke and fired, the massive ball of lava sizzling through he air.

Monuto got a moment to catch his breath, his teeth gritting in the process as he slipped down. Their offense had failed, but it certainly hadn't missed in the entirety. They'd opened up a hole in the defenses of the enemy, and amongst that, created their own. As he plunged himself back into the mist, he shut his eyes, letting the silence that one could only encounter during the battle of true shinobi take place, his hands moving down to his pouch as he slipped a pill into his mouth. The first clean breath he took came, from within the poison. The medicine had been specially designed to improve his resistance to Dizzy's lethal breath, but not for long. He had about five minutes to figure out a plan. Minami had already made her offensive move, but the young Uzumaki did not seem to hesitate in his hand signs, placing his hands firmly against the ground. "Earth Style: Phalanx Armor!" And as soon as he'd finished, bits of earth peeled up and formed around him to protect against the immense heat of the fire, leaving him immune to her attacks for as long as the armor held. He dashed forward, albeit much slower than last time, through the mist until Minami was in his view, throwing three kunai from his hands as a diversion, his fists now the prime assailant in his assault.

Dizzy stayed back a moment within the mist. Watching, planning and observing the melee between Monuto and Minami. She would make a mistake soon, and he would be there to make her pay for it. The difficult part was the fact that they had to play with a handicap. He could poison Minami, but he couldn’t kill her. If she died the tailed beast, son Goku would be released and most likely rampage across the village looking for Kurama. Can’t have that! Dizzy thought to himself, clutching the weapons in his hands. He watched through purple smoke as Monuto and Minami dashed across the earth in a melee brawl. Monuto was clearly the superior taijutsu expert, and with his phalanx armor, her sword was not as effective... granted the chakra she infused help her shave or smash bits of his armor off, his punches still seemed to have the greater effect. Suddenly dizzy saw his opportunity. She landed poorly on her right leg, just barely causing her to loose balance. It was so momentary that most would have missed it, but he knew that Monuto wouldn’t have, and he knew Monuto would know he hadn’t either. Preparing the signs he decided to go for his big jutsu. Using the hand signs: tiger, dog, bird, ox, snake and dragon he called out. “Poison release: Oozing dragon!” Shooting his arms forward parallel to each other, his palms open and fingers together. He felt a surge of chakra as a massive explosion of poison erupted from his chest, following his arms and whirling out of the poison mist in the form of a huge dragon head and body. Dizzy had been working tirelessly on this jutsu recently and was confident he could use it to maximum effectiveness today.

Minami growled as Monuto threw the three Kunai. “I won’t fall for the same trick twice!” She yelled as she ducked under the kunai in a charge directly at Monuto. Trading blows with the man. She began her engagement with a swipe of her sword upwards. Slicing a chunk of earth armor off the side of his shin, just barely missing his flesh. Minami cursed her inaccuracy. She hated losing and could hear Son Goku in her head. “You are being overwhelmed. Stop, focus. Use our power correctly and victory shall be ours!” Minami clicked her tongue. “Yeah yeah yeah, I got it!” However because she let her attention slip, she felt her ankle roll over a small rock. “Damn it Son Goku! Look what you made me do!” She yelled at him in her head. Deciding to take the extra moment to recover from the blunder she decided to use her favorite jutsu. She made a fast, one handed boar seal. “Lava release: glowing palm!” She yelled crushing her sword free hand into the ground, ripping it back out covered in molten rock.

Last edited:
Mounto had seen it out of the corner of his eye, but Minami clearly hadn't. Yeah, he did think she'd fall for the same trick twice, her anger and carelessness towards him had made her oblivious to Dizzy's attack. It was prepared and firing, As he watched her jutsu come to fruition, he only stifled a laugh. "Haha, it's been fun playing with you, really, but unfortunately, I've got somewhere I need to be and I'm sure this fight is pretty much over." His brows narrowed and his gaze grew sinister, "You lost." Just as Dizzy's attack was projecting towards them, he dashed back, slipping another pill into his mouth in case some of the aftermaths affect managed to sneak into his respiratory system.

Dizzy Grinned as he saw his friend leap back, taking another of his pills. Dizzy always worried Monuto would get over zealous during their fights and get himself caught by Dizzy's poisons. He focused his gaze on Minami who looked more than suprised. He relished the look on her face. She clearly looked more than astonished by the sheer size of the Justu. He had to hurry though, since it consumed such a massive amount of chakra. He closed his eyes and focused his gaze through into the dragons eyes. He knew Monuto would watch over his body while he did this so took a moment to relax into it. Minami stood ready, her Katana braced. Dizzy felt like laughing, if she thought she could block this, even with her massive Jinchuriki chakra, she was mistaken.

Dizzy was done waiting. he reared the head of the oozing dragon and dashed, opening the mouth of the dragon ready to bite into the Ninja. However Minami dodged out of the way at the last second. Dizzy followed close on her heels, expecting the last second dodge. Minami bounced around and into the forest. The oozing dragon was like a pinball machine bouncing from each spot slowly gaining on Minami. Minami cursed as she finally jumped on the ground attempting to do a hand sign. Dizzy figured she had decided to retreat, but it was too late. His oozing dragon smashing down on top of her like a waterfall.

Minami felt her skin burn as poison crushed over the top of her. She held her breath so as not to drown in the poisonous liquid, not to mention the dangers of ingesting it directly. She tried to surround herself in Son Goku's chakra to protect herself, but it was all just fractions of a second too late. She felt her heart rate speeding up and her vision blurring.

Dizzy quickly closed the mouth of the dragon around Minamis feet and reeled the jutsu back, transporting Minami back to the two leaf ninja. However he ran out of chakra when she was still about half way, his jutsu splashing onto the ground, his hands releasing with a gasp of air from dizzy. He plopped onto the ground, his hands propping him up from behind. "Sorry Monuto. Im exhausted... Would you mind fetching our prize?" His said with a half smile towards his partner.

Last edited:
Monuto wasn't the picture of health either, he was hunched over, his chakra spent, hands on his knees with his breath returning--ever slowly. "Nah, I wouldn't mind at all... But hot damn... If Jinchuriki are this strong... Weren't there at least ten of these things throughout history. This wasn't even the most powerful..." He slowly arose from his hunched position and slipped his thumb across his nose, a brief grin crossing his face. "Ahhh, whatever. This isn't the worst either of us have been through, and I've got a feeling things are only gonna get more intense from here on. I'm excited!" He roared into laughter, turning towards the unconscious Minami, his hand going beneath her as he hoisted her body. He then slipped her up and over his shoulder, nodding to his partner. "Alright, let's go, bro!" He extended a fist, that cheeky smile pressed far across the corners of his face.

Dizzy smiled back and stood up, returning the fist. “Yeah. Besides this war has only just started. Don’t stray too far away though. I’m sure Son Goku is going to try and get her awake soon. I’m going to need to keep her paralyzed with a near constant stream of poison.” He said placing a hand on her exposed leg. Her skin changing to a slight purple, then fading again as he pulled his hand away. Dizzy sighed. “Alright let’s hurry, every fight minutes I want to stop and dose her again. Lets get her somewhere and tie her up. I can’t do this for very long.” Dizzy sighed again. “Should we take her back to your dad?” Dizzy asked concerned if that was a good idea or not. Especially since that would just be getting her closer to Naruto, and that might not be a good idea. He knew Monuto would be thinking through all of this though, weighing the options. Whatever he chose, Dizzy would follow.

Monuto nodded his head with a minuscule response, it was all too straightforward. Their victory on that day, certainly, he'd heard that Jinchuriki were no pushover, but the way he and Dizzy fought, it almost made it seem effortless. In fact, many battles with them combined would feel such a way, and yet, there was a sense of decaying dread lingering in his heart. Like something dark, a figure that would cast a long shadow, looming over the horizon. He shook off his superstition and responded to his comrade.

"The safest place for her would be with my dad. If gramps was once the strongest shinobi in the world and admitted to his own son passing him, then there is nothing above or below that could possibly hope to stop him." His grin fading as he turned on his heel. "Let's move quickly, I wouldn't want to be caught here in case of reinforcements slow up. Anyway, that should negate the assault." He leaped up, and onto a secure tree branch, a clear-cut line towards the building of the kage. "Let's be off."

Dizzy nodded at the order and followed close behind Monuto. He could still hear the pings of steel in his ears. The other ninja were still fighting... He hoped they would be alright, especially his own squad of Genin. Dizzy saw Minami’s eyes flutter, so he quickly dashed up and placed a hand on her forehead as they ran. “She’s more resilient than I thought...” Dizzy said to his companion. Trying his best to find the line between killing her and sedating her. It was actually pretty difficult, as he could feel her chakra actively fighting him, trying to trip him up. He figured this was the doing of Son Goku. He closed his eyes so he could focus and let Monuto lead the two.

Landing on the top of the Hokage building Boruto was already standing there, as if had been expecting them. “What took you two so damn long?” He asked in a gruff tone Shikadai standing behind him. Dizzy didn’t answer as he knew the question was directed to his son. And he was beginning to sweat as he tried to keep the Jinchuriki sedated.

Across the fine mists, two figures traveled. One taller than the other while the shorter of the two seemed to exist merely in the shadows. The boy, Oko, extended his hand to gently brush against the fine lines of wheat that arose from the earth, brushing against their graceful golden stems with soothing fingers. It was a beauty unlike any he'd ever seen, and yet, before him, though the mist was thick from the morning dew and the sun was buried behind leagues of clouds, the woman pressed on. The round straw hat covering her head giving him no inclination to just what she was thinking, hiding her face as the long coat of the sage rippled behind her, in very similar passion to that of her mane. The golden locks that sprung from her head, waving down like angelic feathers, curling at the tips tickled his nose with just how closely he was walking.

And yet, the woman did not turn to him, she merely spoke calmly, "Do you like places like this? The smell of open fields? Fresh grass? The very ingredient that makes bread?"

Oko's eyes widened a little and he nodded, knowing that as the Sage, she wouldn't have to turn or hear his words to know his response. His brown hair was tussled a little by a passing breeze, one that brought total calm to his mind and he felt weightless. But in her shadow, there was a heaviness of sorrow that he couldn't even begin to understand. Yet, the moment she took him into servitude, was the absolute moment that that sorrow felt more and more like a wall, like a barrier between all of the dangers of the world. Most young Masters of the Sage, they never took on a servant because they never needed protection at such a young age, it was more of a commodity to make their lives easier or seemingly effortless. And yet, when the most powerful of the Masters, the Sage of the mount had taken him in, she'd not sworn him into service--she'd simply vowed to protect him, and teach him the ways of the world so one day his dream may come true.

He swallowed absently as they entered a small clearing, the grass still high, but not towering above them as the wheat did. "Your heart is gentle. You aspire for harmony, not for the world, but yourself. Most boys your age gaggle over ninja tools and weapons, things to bring about destruction, and yet you--you love the grass. The wheat, the water that we sailed on. You love the life of the world." She slowed her pace some. Perhaps to Oko, it would appear that Claire was giving him the means to enjoy his surroundings, but there was something else entirely.

Her sharp blue eyes danced around quickly as a flower in the field shook. She extended her hand. "Oko, we're being surrounded. Can you feel it?"

"Wh-What? N-No. I..." He glanced around sheepishly, with fear and doubt now beginning to creep into his mind. Claire's tone had shifted, it never shifted unless she was focused, angry, or determined. Right now, he'd be willing to bet it was a focus.

"Sit still." Claire reached inward towards her cloak, her hand grasping around something firm, something perhaps even Oko had not seen. She did not move, not for a long while, but after a few extended moments, she drew out towards the center of the clearing, whispering behind her. "Lie down, fall into the grass and watch, this will be your first combat lesson."

Oko's eyes widened, realizing just how real the danger was when he heard it. Footsteps, rapidly approaching, from all angles. He fell, flat onto his stomach, his arms folded with his chin resting on top, the black cloak around him covering the bright colors of his flesh in the mist.

The first voice spoke, "So, you've detected us that easily. Not meaning to pry, but..." The voice was chiseled, grizzly even, "You aren't a shinobi are you? Most are fighting a war with one another and would never be in the unclaimed lands." The figure emerged from the shadows, and into the clearing, and along with him, several others. Oko's eyes drew tight and he counted them out silently. "One... Two... Three...Six...Nine...Ten." Another silent gasp escaped him, ten assailants, that surrounded them, all armed to the teeth and with malice intent.

The ringleader, the one who'd spoken before eyed the woman. "Not that it's any of my business, even though it is," His eyes scrutinizingly studied her attire beneath the cloak and how fine her hair was, "I'd say you've got quite the collection of ryo behind you, or on you..." His brow narrowed and he lifted his kunai, extending his leg, "Hand whatever you have over, your food, your supplies, everything." The other highwayman around her seemed to do the same, inching in on her position slowly. "A noble, am I right? Surely your life is worth something then..." The man spoke again.

"Boss, let's just kill her, I don't like this, she isn't moving..." The boss's teeth gritted, "No! You can't forget why we're out here..."

The one who'd spoken out fell silent. But kept his eyes on the woman. "So... No recompense. No response, no emotion to this all, huh? I don't want to have to hurt you..." The chiseled voice slowly became more and more clear. It was nothing more than a boy, younger than the Sage with fear in his eyes. "But if you don't hand over what you have I can't promise anything."

Claire's eyes shot towards him through the mist, then assessed her surroundings, her left hand resting firmly on her weapon, her thumb sliding up to undo it from its scabbard. "To answer your question from before. I am no shinobi." Her eyes continued to dart, identifying the slashed headbands of each highwayman. Exiled ones, perhaps trying to flee the war, or perhaps ones who betrayed their own country. Claire's right hand raised, two fingers pressed up and her others curled, channeling the chakra within her own body.

"I'd advise you to stand down. It is an impossible fight."

"I think you better open your eyes lady! It's ten against one, and all you had with you was a little runt. Who abandoned you and left you for dead!" One of the highwaymen cut in again, charging her now. Claire saw him coming and felt the glimmer of steel emerge from her hip, though her eyes widened when a third figure entered the fray. A small one, but one that charged in the path of the assailant, young Oko. The highwayman's grin extended as he raised his kunai, bringing it down on the wide-eyed and fearful Oko. But the boy managed to choke out words before his painful silence. "I would never abandon her! I'm right here!"

The sound of metal on flesh tore through the morning, Oko's widened eyes now squeezed shut in fear. He did not wish to assess the damage, but when he opened them, his figure was once more covered in shadow. The golden locks having rippled through the air and with a hand extended, as blood splashed from the wound onto the woman's face. A little bit of backlash hitting Oko as well. "M-Madam Sage!"

Claire's eyes narrowed, the trembling man now gazing into them with all the fear that had once belonged in Oko's. "Impossible, unphased!?" He trembled, trying to draw the kunai from her hand, but the woman closed her fist, locking him in. "Mountain Style: Blade Of The Mist Retort." Her fingers slipped up, the chakra flowing into her left hand as the blade came out from underneath the cloak. A katana with all the magnificence of a sword gifted from the gods. The finely golden and ornate hilt slamming into the highwayman's sternum, causing him to fall like a ragdoll. He hit the ground, his eyes rolling backward.

"It would seem... I have to skip the first lesson then. Having courage in the face of danger, no matter how grave. Oko... I am impressed." The woman grunted, retracting the blade into the scabbard again, now using her left hand to push the kunai the whole way through. "M-Madam Sage!"

"Claire... My name is Claire. " Her voice remained unwavering as she turned, to face the rest of the opposition. "C-Claire, you're hurt."

"Lesson two, no matter how bad things hurt..." The forces around them began to charge and Claire readied her left hand again, drawing it inside her cloak. She raised her right, and though she should've been in immense pain, she made her hand signs, "Mountain Style: Blade Of Harmony!" Her left hand now free, she fully unveiled the sword. It was longer than her cloak had initially hidden it to be, and he was sure it must've weighed more than just one hand to properly wield it. But she let the blade hover a few inches above the ground. "...No matter how bad things hurt, if you have something to protect, fight through the pain, no matter the agony, and just keep pushing."

His eyes went wide, the figures converging on the two. The assaults were so fast, he could barely keep his eyes on them. Every attack towards him, ever kick, every punch, every tool that could have very well ended his life if they connected, they never did. He could feel the air of the aggression towards him and yet, Claire's body moved like that of a graceful dancer's, masterfully moving around every single angle and defending him from every hit, her blade dancing and twirling through the air in a shimmering light. Everything, from her feet, to her hands, to even the mane on her head, she used all of it to level the playing field, distracting opponents, and using that brief moment to deliver them into a state of unconsciousness. He had barely seen it. But at the lost possible second before every strike, she'd twisted her blade, letting the flat of it connect with her opponents. "One... Two... Three... Four... Five... Six... Seven... Eight... Nine..." Claire's eyes darted to the last and she flipped her grip on the blade, charging forward with the pommel, slamming it into the boy's throat.

"Ten..." She exhaled, "Mountain Style: Blade of Sealing." She twirled the weapon around a few times, and gracefully returned it to the scabbard inside her cloak. Her eyes shut and she took a deep breath. "There... Now, we can continue."

"Cl-Claire?" Oko's eyes gazed up in admiration as the woman reached into her cloak, wrapping her wounded hand in gauze, using her teeth to tighten it and stop the bleeding. "Don't worry about me, okay? It's just a scratch."

She turned her eyes, as a low groan escaped the boy beneath her. "I see... You raid to feed your families. War is hard on all, even lands untouched by the brands of shinobi." She reached into her rucksack and slipped out a few loaves of bread. "Take it. And in the future, you'll find that it's far easier to ask than to steal." She tipped her straw hat back down and began off, with now the boy on the ground looking with the same admiration to her as Oko did. "Th-Thank you. But wait, what about the others?"

"I did not kill them, they will awaken in a few hours."

Oko trotted after her, careful to hide in her shadow again as he looked behind him at the lone figure, tears brimming at his eyes at the source of food. "Why did you do that?"

"Third lesson..." Claire continued, her eyes now glancing over her shoulder, "Mercy will always be favored over carnage any day. A man's life is not worth a piece of bread."

Oko fell silent, nodding his head and keeping after her. So that... That sword, it's her weapon, I thought Sage's never were to own one or train with one, but she made it seem so effortless.

. . .

Monuto took consideration to Dizzy's efforts, he knew he couldn't keep Minami sedated for much longer. "Father, not a lot of time to explain, we've captured a Jinchuriki, we need to get her under lock and key quickly, Dizzy isn't going to be able to hold her down much longer. We can talk later about the details, but right now, the sake of our village, and this assault--well, she's the key to it. So c'mon, we need to hurry up and take care of this!" He raised his fist in triumph, a certain bravado that was common in the family, but one that, to any else, it may have been seen as an act of defiance.

Boruto grunted as he listened to his son explain briefly. He nodded, surprised that they had been able to capture a jinchuriki at all. Well... hey were his best duo for a reason. “Alright. Let’s go. Quickly.” He turned to shikadai, “I want 4 shinobi practiced in sealing arts, and I want them to meet us in the prison. They have 2 minutes.” And waved him off, shikadai vanished as soon as he did, off to fulfill his command. boruto leapt off the Hokage tower and they all began running towards the prison.

As they reached the prison Dizzy was starting to feel weak. Sweat poured down his face, and he had to hold his other arm up just to have the strength to go on. Luckily the other 4 shinobi where already there. They entered the prison and the shinobi quickly made a square to begin the ritual, boruto yelling orders about. “Monuto, place the jinchuriki in the center!” He ordered, leaving Dizzy at the center holding her sedated, getting weaker by the second. Crimson chakra was radiating from Minami as she was fighting furiously to wake up. “We have to time this perfectly! As soon as I let go, she’s going to wake up, very mad. Okay?!” Dizzy yelled

Boruto nodded and the four shinobi yelled in unison. “Session kekkai”. Dizzy let go, minami’s Eyes snapped open just as he leaped past the barrier, the invisible wall coming up just a hair behind his foot. The shinobi didn’t stop there, erecting barrier after barrier, creating the famous ‘self repairing barrier’. Naruto and boruto had made sure, years ago, that most Jonin were proficient in kekkai’s enough to produce this jutsu for just this kind of situation. As the barriers began going up, one after another, She screamed as she dashed forward hoping to beat the barrier while it wasn’t at full strength. it looked like broken glass that quickly repaired itself. She bagan using jutsu after jutsu before it became clear she wasn’t getting out of there alone. “Damn you Dizzy. I’ll kill you for this!” she growled as dizzy lay, barely conscious just outside the barrier, smiling weakly at her.

Last edited:
Monuto was quick to rush to the aid of his ally, his arms moving underneath Dizzy just to keep him upright. "Alright man, you've done good enough, it's all over... Just try to take a breather, okay?" His hands now cupped around the man, his eyes turned to Boruto. "Fully story, as promised. We encountered her outside of the main gate, and Dizzy and I attacked, we managed to subdue her and knew that the safest place for her to be would be in the village itself. She can't escape now, but outside of it, we were sure she'd use the spirit inside of her to weaken moral or at least attack. So this was our grand plan, if worse came to worse, gramps would have to call upon his own chakra, at least one more time. But Dizzy and I were right to at least get her down, that's all the major stresses we were worried about. Anyway, sorry for not telling you sooner, Dizzy's chakra can only last so long..."

Having listened to a fuller, more detailed version of the events that led to yet another jinchuriki being in the village, and an enemy one at that... boruto sighed. “Well... it’s certainly not ideal.” He said clasping his right arm in Monuto’s shoulder. “But you did good, son. you to dizzy.” He said with a soft smile before turning back to shikadai. “I want this area on total lockdown. No one goes in or out without yours or my say so. And get dizzy a medical ninja. He’s worthless to the village in this state.” He said as he walked out of the room. “Sure thing, boruto!” Shikadai said before turning to his own right hand man and giving orders. Dizzy tried to lift himself off of Monuto, but was still too weak. “I’m sorry man, you care to help me out of here?” He chuckled as the two walked out of the prison, the cold, crisp night sky greeting them. Dizzy could see the soft red glow of the nearby forest and trees burning. It was to be expected. A lot of leaf ninja used fire style jutsu.. “You can set me down here.” Dizzy said a he sat down on the concrete curb below. The medical ninja appearing out of he shadows before them. “Dizzy sir.. please sit still. I’ll have you up and running soon!” The young woman said as her hands began to glow a light soft green color over his chest. “Thanks Ana.” Dizzy replied in a grateful tone. He knew Amaya well. She was a chunin that had often helped him and Monuto in the hospital when they would over work themselves, or when Monuto would take in too much poison during training. Her soft golden hair was tied up in a bun on top of her head, her soft white skin almost glowing in the lamplight above them. “What’s the plan now Monuto?” Dizzy asked looking up at his partner, whose yellow hair silhouetted well against the dark blue of the night sky.

Last edited:
Monuto's arms dropped, his shoulders sagging as he exhaled, joining the two on the curb. He popped a cigarette from his carton and slipped it in his mouth, lighting it gingerly. But just before he managed to take a drag, a figure appeared before them, almost as fast and silent as the wind itself. A woman's voice escaped behind the mask. Dark purple hair waving behind her as her hand extended in direction of Monuto.

"Anbu Black Ops..." Monuto sighed, "What is it?"

"We've managed to recover two exiled ninja from the Village Hidden In The Leaves way up in the north... In the unclaimed lands. One week ago... We uncovered an encampment... And the boy... Before we were forced to terminate him, he said he'd encountered someone, someone so strong..." She pointed to the scroll.

"All details of the report are in there. From what we've gathered... A lone woman and a boy... They're traveling this way."

Monuto's eyes widened and he raised a hand to his head. "Man... This is just what we need. What a headache."

He finally inhaled in the nicotine. "Not good. The report says there were ten of them... And she frightened them that badly?"

Dizzy looked up at the pale white mask of the Anbu member.

“What did she look like..... How did she fight them.... Should we be worried?” He asked in his standard barrage of curious questions? He felt his chakra returning at a furious pace. Ana was just good like that. She was one of the best medical nin around since Sakura retired. He and Monuto had recommended her be promoted to Jonin weeks ago, but then this whole thing began to happen. Dizzy bit his lip. ‘What are we going to do. We just took out one major threat. And now we might have another? Fuck!’ He thought to himself. But once he was all healed then He and Monuto would deal with it together, like they always did. Dizzy looked over to Monuto who wore his usual neutral thinking face. Even dizzy couldn’t read his thoughts. Perhaps he was deciding if the two of them should go deal with this new threat? Or perhaps whether or not to just ignore it. 10 to 1 were crazy odds for any normal ninja. Sure ones like him or Monuto could probably deal with that... but that mean that this woman was at least as strong as them, or maybe even boruto... which made him nervous.

“What are you thinking Monuto?” Dizzy finally asked after a few minutes went by. His quick healing and recharge almost completed. He felt like he ate a power bar wrapped in a power nap. Refreshed and ready to go.

Last edited:
Monuto's eyesbrows narrowed, his eyes becoming sharp. "This is most definitely a serious threat. Especially since we don't know their intentions. Set out a recon squad to find these two, trail them. And report this to Boruto as well, if they do become a danger, this doesn't sound like something we're going to want to face blindly with full force."

His attention shifted the the blacked sky, covered in smoke and clouds, messing together. "We are not to engage them by any means, we need information. And among that, we need to keep the best of our forces here, to actually defend the village. We may have bought ourselves a week or two of calm, but it won't last."

He turned to Dizzy, "As for you and I. We need to get some rest. The rest of the fighting should be coming to a still."

Dizzy nodded. When Monuto got like this there was no point in arguing. “Alright Aba. Thank you. You should stay here and make sure the sealing guys are refreshed and ready for some long hours.” Dizzy said to her. Ana nodded and stood. Walking into the prison.

“Alright. I’m going to head to the barracks then. You coming too? I’m sure you should be hungry. Probably tired too. Those pills usually take a lot out of you.”Dizzy chuckled as he started walking towards the barracks. Not really in any particular hurry at this point. He was already feeling pretty refreshed because of Ana. Sure it was no replacement for real sleep. But it was still very helpful. He stopped after a brief minute, waiting for his partner to catch up.

Last edited:
Monuto followed after him, most definitely, after such a long endeavor, and such brash behavior, the two were wiped. A Jinchuriki was certainly no joke, but what made it worse, was the fact was that she was so powerful in fact, that he'd almost caught himself trembling. Trembling not out of fear, but the exhaustion, the increasing physical toll his body was undergoing. In seconds, he felt a firm stand fall to that of lightheadedness. He had to inhale slowly just to keep himself from tipping over. And yet, he didn't hesitate to move right after Dizzy, with the thought of the barracks--and his bed clouding his mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back